Forest Grove Haven- Sanctuary for the Supernatural <Seeking players>

Started by LamentingQuill, April 18, 2016, 10:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

GMs: LamentingQuill and vatovie

Deep in the beautiful forest lands of Michigan's upper peninsula is an old campground recently bought out by  a wealthy mage, why? To give others of the supernatural community a peaceful escape from the persecution and paranoia of 'normal' society, a place to live and be whom they are without being judged for it. This place is called Forest Grove Haven.
So now Magnius Rosewind invites anyone and everyone with... peculiarities... to come join him and his other residents to this forest sanctuary and live out long lives filled with peace, laughter, belonging and love... whether seeking out a safe place to raise a family or looking for a new start and maybe hoping to find love, there is room for everyone.

Rules

1~ Show respect to members, if you have a problem and it cannot be handled with grace and politeness, bring it directly to me or  and we will take care of it, petty arguing and aggression towards a member outside rp will not be tolerated. Leave that crap outside our doors, please. We appreciate it.

2~ Any non-con taking place must be agreed upon by both partners before it takes place and players should be aware that when that occurs in game, camp police will investigate and handle the matter if you are caught, so be careful ;)

3~ All entries must first be Private Messaged to me or before they are allowed to be placed into the Approved Character List thread, we don't need overpowered individuals lumbering around practically near being a God.

4~ Members are limited to two characters to prevent the unfortunate occurrence of becoming overburden, it does happen and then other partners suffer for it. If you REALLY want a third character and you are ABOLUTELY CERTAIN you can handle the load, bring your case to me and we'll discuss it... however, think carefully about it, because you don't want to suddenly have to cancel something you had going with someone because it became too much and leaving them hanging.

5~ Respect the word of the GM and Co-GM, if we say something is not okay or or come to you regarding an issue for whatever reasons, show respect and allow us to settle the matter as quickly and as peacefully as we can. We don't want to fight with our members, we just want to make this a positive experience for all our members that keeps them coming back.

For now, that's all, I will make certain ensure everyone is informed if there should arise a need to add more.

If you wish to play a villain type character, please contact me discreetly and we'll see what you got, perhaps you'll be that lovely little spice of conflict every roleplay needs ;)

Posting tag~ (float the picture to the left)

Name:
Resident or newcomer:
Where am I:
Clothing:
Tagging:

DO NOT POST PROFILES HERE, submit them first to me and I will look them over before letting you know you are approved and then I will place your character in the approved character list thread.

An OOC thread will be placed up soon.

Character Sheet~

Name:

Appearance (A picture is preferable, but description is allowed if done in great detail):

Species/race:

Sexual orientation:

Personality

Status (single, married or engaged):

Rank (Are you an established resident already or are you just arriving?):

Background (What's your story and why did you opt to move to Forest Grove Haven? Was there a final push or was it just a spur of the moment decision to leave normal/human society? Do you perhaps already live here?):

Abilities (Please be mindful to avoid God-like or overpowered characters):

Likes (Sexual and personal):

Dislikes (sexual and personal):

Opinions of other species (Do you have any specific thinking on another species?):

Thread Navigation:

Approved Character List

OOC Thread

IC thread

WhatLiesAbove

I'll be sending in a character sheet probably first thing tomorrow.

Maybe bring back a playful pixie  8-)

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

vatovie

Want to join this as first a guy who is starting to get the hang of luck influencing magic and second as a strange supernatural race of my own creation that I'll have to talk over with the GM's :)

LamentingQuill

Quote from: vatovie on April 19, 2016, 12:44:46 AM
Want to join this as first a guy who is starting to get the hang of luck influencing magic and second as a strange supernatural race of my own creation that I'll have to talk over with the GM's :)

Hit me up via PM and if you like, I can give you my skype to discuss it.

LamentingQuill

sweets

LamentingQuill

vatovie

Chreestafer

Interested :)

Let me ponder up a character after I get home from the gym.

Question for you though. Are we aloud to be humans like the wizard who have powers and abilities? Or must we be supernatural creatures like vampires and Lycans and such?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Chreestafer on April 20, 2016, 03:19:12 PM
Interested :)

Let me ponder up a character after I get home from the gym.

Question for you though. Are we aloud to be humans like the wizard who have powers and abilities? Or must we be supernatural creatures like vampires and Lycans and such?

Yes, but in this world wizard, mages and humanoids with magic flowing through their veins are immortal, they can die if killed or severally fatally injured, but otherwise, they don't age much after adulthood hits. Kind of like elves in a way, but not quite, you get where I am going?

Tokyorose627

LamentingQuill

Getting quite the delightful people, I am tickled pink ^.^

LamentingQuill

We're starting up Sunday evening, still time if you wanna sign up in time for the debut! ^.^

Tokyorose627

Quote from: LamentingQuill on April 23, 2016, 05:36:35 PM
We're starting up Sunday evening, still time if you wanna sign up in time for the debut! ^.^

I'll try to make my character when I can later tonight.

LamentingQuill

We've got the IC thread up, not too late to splash on in ^.^

Tokyorose627

LamentingQuill

Still early yet and we're always welcoming new players ^.^

LamentingQuill

Still seeking more players and I am also in need of another co-GM, last one flaked on me and I am not experienced enough to GM alone.

Cami

I'll be throwing in a character sheet either later today or tomorrow.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Cami on May 10, 2016, 12:51:57 PM
I'll be throwing in a character sheet either later today or tomorrow.

Great, now hopefully we can lure some male characters in as well, lol

LamentingQuill

Also, I am still looking for a reliable co gm to help me run things. Shoot me a pm if interested or if you know someone whom might be interested in it, send them my way :)

LamentingQuill

We have a Co GM now and also, here is a little bit of eye candy for potential players ~.^

Girl cast members thus far
Name: Bellaris

Appearance: See photo

Species/race: Fae/Pixie

Sexual orientation: Bi-curious

Personality: Bellaris is always bubbly and personable. She love meeting new people, and isn't afraid to approach someone and just strike up a conversation. She's a little crazy, akin to a hamster with ADHD.

Background: Bellaris has been a resident of Forest Grove Haven for her entire life. Her parents moved there before she was born, having moved there after the creeping expansion of humankind forced them from their home. Fearful of how humans would react to the discovery of pixies, they came to Forest Grove. And so it has been all Bellaris has known, since she has never left, content to stay where she knows. Close friends with Liliana Sinclare.

Abilities: Mistress of Illusion. Able to charm someone for brief periods of time. Ability to change from a five foot human with no wings, to a six inch pixie with wings. Wings can come and go in human form as desired. Ability to fly.

Friendliness, honesty, seduction, bold characters, cuddling, caresses.

Dislikes (sexual and personal): Evil people. Vore, bathroom stuff, getting squished.

Opinions of other species: No opinions on other species. This will be reserved on a case-by-case basis...and mostly on just the person. Except UnSeelie. UnSeelie are evil, no matter what.

Player:
WhatLiesAbove

Name: Astra

Age: Physically Astra appears to be in her twenties, she is actually a couple hundred years old.

Appearance :

Species/race: Water Nymph

Sexual orientation: Straight

Personality: Astra is a rather shy and quite woman. She is a kind hearted person even though her quiet nature can make some people think she is distant and cold. After she opens up to someone she is incredibly loyal and wil offer anything witching her power to help them.

Background: Astra was rather content to live in a secluded cabin on the edge of a little fishing community for years. She somehow ended up an unofficial lifeguard in the area, pulling people from the water on more than one occasion. She very quickly left that all behind her after one incident threatened to expose her to the locals.

Abilities: Astra can breath underwater as well as swim with speed and endurance that would put an Olympian to shame.

Likes (Sexual and personal): Astra loves the arts and music she can often be found singing to herself. She enjoys the water and rain. She often finds men that take charge to be rather attractive.

Humans, over the years she had hoped that they would change but little has. Dry weather and places. Rude people or those who harm other for their own gain.

Opinions of other species: Curiosity, a great deal of her adult life Astra has been around only humans. She is interested in meeting neighbors who she will not have to hide from.

Player: sweets

Name: Liliana Sinclare

Appearance: See photos

Species/race: Mage

Personality: Liliana has a very sweet and bubbly personality, she is incredibly loyal to her friends and honest to a fault, though as gentle as she might be, she won't bat an eye even once at the thought of doing anything everything necessary to ensure the safety of those she cares about... even if it involves a little violence. The worst thing to do in front of her is mess with her best friend, Bellaris.

Liliana is also quite the intellectual, the mage Magnius made it a top priority as Liliana grew up to instill a love of knowledge and learning in the girl, though she is quite careful not to come off the typical obnoxious know it all, no one enjoys dealing with that.

Background:

Liliana doesn't know all too much about her background or where she came from, only that her parents were mages that lived fairly off the radar of mortals or even other supernatural inclined individuals, all she knows is that they were murdered by witch hunters while away on business, though what business that is... Liliana still does not know, her god father Magnius is quite cryptic about all of it... simply tells her that it's better for her to not look back at the painful past she was too young to remember anyway and just embrace the bright future ahead of her.

She was just a year old when Magnius brought her to the finished Forest Grove Haven, it really was the happy sanctuary that he had striven so hard for it to be, Liliana grew up happy and loved by her god father, but she never really could shake that ache for the truth... to know what really happened to her family and why he god father insisted on being so mysterious about all of it...

Liliana is close friends with the fairy Bellaris.

Abilities:

Precognition~ Liliana randomly receives glimpses of events yet to be, but can she cannot control the where, when, how or the subject of the visions.

Telepathy~ Liliana is a skilled telepath and can communicate via the mind with others and if the subject is willing, she can look through their knowledge and allow them inside her own head... though the later is extremely unwise if not done by another skilled telepath.

If a mind is skilled and disciplined enough, Liliana cannot enter their minds, fairies and vampires however are two species she is complete and totally unable to telepathically link with... fairies can be possible if they trust her enough to let her in, but vampires are a no go. Vampires technically do not have brain waves and their minds are not accessible because of this.

Arcane magic~ No where as skilled as her god father, Liliana is however adept at higher level arcane magic, though she knows she still has so very much to learn.

Sexual~ men capable of being both dominant and romantic, foreplay (giving and receiving), missionary position (but she could be persuaded to ride her partner) and outdoors (without spectators). (Ask if curious about something not listed)

Personal~ Reading, singing, roses (light pink), friendly people and when her god father Magnius invites people over for tea.

Sexual~ Bathroom stuff, vore, BDSM, name calling and beastiality (ask if uncertain about something not listed).

Personal~ Rude people, bullies, mushrooms, spiders, snakes and fake people (people doing one thing to your face and another behind your back).

Opinions of other species: Liliana has views quite similar to her god father in thinking that each individual should be treated as such, as individual with their own thoughts and feelings, no one can be judged based on what species they are, everyone decides what kind of person they will be themselves.

Liliana is slightly wary of vampires though, but the only reason for this is her inability to read them in any way whatsoever, it's just slightly disconcerting to her.

Player: LamentingQuill

Name: Maureen Tangent

Appearance:

Human~

Shifter form~

Species/race: Shape shifter (Pooka)  Australian Sheep Dog

Sexual orientation: Heteorsexual

Personality:  Maureen naturally outgoing genial personality.    Although with the sudden awakening of her true self being a shape shifter has caused to her to become more introvert.  It freak out anyone that suddenly can turn into a dog.   Also surpressed until she comes to grips with what she is,   is a mischievous spirit.   But at the same time she is nurturerer,   a glue that keeps those in her life together.   Even through others might not have come together with out her as a anchor.  The inherent nature of a the American breed Australian sheep dog is that of a herd dog.   This often is conveyed in the personality of Maureen.   

Single

Background:  Maureen grew up in foster homes.   They all were good homes.   Made friends easily as she resettled in the different homes.    What made her go through several homes.    Is the young Maureen was budding into the beauty that she is today.     Fear,   hardship and conflict are all reasons why she bounced from home to home.    Fear of being able to keep the boys away.    Hardship in good honest people that just could not afford to keep her.    Finally conflict,   in twice teenage sons that were around her age.   

Needless to say,   Maureen  did well and was able to go to college and even get a scholarship.    She attended the university of Illinois.   Majoring in journalism,   which led to her first and only job as  traffic reporter on  a radio station in Peoria, Illinois.   

All seem good for Maureen,  until one faithful night.    She was driving home from the radio station one early morning.   Driving down a state highway.    She noticed about twenty horses  close to the road and not behind a fense.    She would stop her car and start to make a call.   A 911 call, but before she could finish it a couple of colts young horses  are heading towards the road with busy traffic.     The sun in not quite up.   She pauses on dialing as she starts heading and trying to shoo the young colts away.   Along with the other horses.    It happens quick or so it seems afterward.    As it triggers her first change and instead of walking and clapping her hands she is barking and bounding back and forth  while barking at the horses.      She manages to get them away and ends up ouside her townhouse later that morning.    Still as a dog.   She manages to change back.    Make it into her townhouse.    But that event has changed her life.

Maureen comes to the haven to  figure things out,   to find out what she is,  is she a wolfman  a lycan.   Of course she is cutting ties with her world prior to the event.  As she begins a journey in life to learn that she is not a lycanthrope,  but a fey shape shifter.   That is often referred to as a pooka.   

Abilities: Superior vision in lowlight and hearing.   But the most advantageous is her ability to smell while in her dog form.  The ability to shift in a dog (Australian sheep dog).   It is not tied to the moon .    But can happen if stressed unvolunetarily.   It also allows her to understand and speak in canine.   

Likes (Sexual and personal):  Open to anything not dislike.    Loves practical mischiveous jokes.   

Dislikes (sexual and personal):  Dirty moody people,  cruelty and  bigotry.    Sexually she really has no dislikes.    Watersports and pain are definite no no for her.

Opinions of other species:  None, still trying to learn her own.   Most opinions be based on fiction from televison,  movies and books. 

Player: Elven Sex Goddess

Male cast members thus far
Name: Thomas Black

Appearance:

Human form~

Demon form~

Species/race: Shadow demon

Sexual orientation:
Straight

Personality: He is calm and collected most of the time unless in extreme pain and then he's openly annoyed by everything and rather rude to everyone using magic or sometimes everyone in general. Magic users may only think he's a grumpy scholar who loves to read and write while most non magic users would find him to be a kind and caring teacher and a thoughtful writer. He is also an absolute pacifist and tends to advise others to solve problems without any violence or harm.

Rank: Established resident. He is the librarian and last line of defense against something truly terrible.

Background: Thomas decided to live here once a formal community formed. It is his job to record the vast majority of the history for this part of this plane of existence and this place seemed rather important. Plus here he could look for a better candidates for a host and stop being bothered about how he hasn't found one yet by other shadow demons. Few are likely to visit a place full of magic. Magic hurts his race and makes their powers hard to use. The other added benefit is the security who make sure he isn't put in a position that goes against the base law of his race. To never do harm to a none demon. If any of his race harms a none demon even by accident the penalty is death. So, he enjoys the safety.

Abilities: Can travel through any shadow into any other shadow. Has to plan each trip a minute in advance while around the normal amount of magic in this place and can barely travel at all i the magic is heavy. Travel makes him very tired if it's not planned or if it's to or from a place heavy in magic. He is greatly harmed by magic and the normal amount in this place makes him slightly groggy and prone to headaches. Light forces him to take a corporeal form and while he has the speed and strength you would expect of a true demon and wings to boot. He can't use them to their full extent due to his races rules and his near constant slightly groggy state making him weak enough to just barely be stronger and faster than most of the other things here.

Likes: Breeding, A good book, An interesting story, Romance, Non magic users, Those who are good natured at heart.

Dislikes: Violence, Censorship, Magic, Demons, Evil people.

Opinions of other species: He doesn't hate magic heavy races no matter what they may think it just physically hurts him to be near them so he tends to get easily annoyed by them. He hates demons with a passion and true demons especially. True demons are the only ones he will threaten with violence and normal demons he will defend himself against if pushed to do so.

Player: vatovie

Name:  Magnius Rayne

Age: Over a thousand years old, he has seen kingdoms rise and fall

Appearance:
See photo

Species/race: Humanoid Mage (Pureblood magi are immortal)

Personality: Extremely proper and wise, but also quite kind and compassionate, though Magnius has the ability to become a truly terrifying force of great magical power if his beloved community were to be threatened and he will defend them with no mercy for the offenders.

Status: Single, though there is a hint of sadness in his gaze...

Rank: Established Resident. Founder and Lord of Forest Grove Haven.

Background: Magnius has a very long and full history, it would take too long to go over everything up until he founded Forest Grove Haven.
Aside from his beloved sanctuary, one of the most important events of Magnius's life was the day his close friend Ternius Sinclare and his wife Raevenna were murdered by witch hunters, he made a vow to them though on the day he oversaw their proper burial upon the grounds of Forest Grove Haven, he made a heartfelt oath to them that he would raise his god daughter Liliana Sinclare with all the love and support she deserved and protect her with all his power.

A couple hundred years ago, Magnius had fallen in love with a human woman, but he unfortunately could not stop the cruel hand of time and his love inevitable died of old age, Magnius never swayed however... he was loyal and faithful all the way up to her final breath.

Abilities:

Arcane prowess~ Magnius is a master of arcane magic, he can cast just about any spell with all the grace and expertise one would expect from a mage as ancient as he. Magnius however will not cast any harmful spells for any reason other than to protect his community from dire peril, he does not believe in inflicting harm unless there is no other way.

Teleportation~ An advanced power learned by mages through many years of practice, Magnius can move himself anywhere he likes within a mile radius of where he currently stands.

One must know where they are going however or they could end up in any random location within a mile.

Sexual~ Foreplay (giving and receiving), having his female partner ride his cock, women not afraid to be a little bit aggressive with their passion.

Personal~ Books and literature, studying the arcane (one is never truly done studying when there is always more to learn), moonlight walks and entertaining guests in his keep over tea.

Sexual~ Bathroom play, vore, scat, too dominant and too submissive women, anal (giving and receiving), BDSM and dirty talk (so crude!). (Ask for further info if you have a question)

Personal~ Rude people, negativity towards learning and education, spinach, filth in his keep (dirt, cobwebs and such things like that), people that refuse to groom or bath themselves properly (It really isn't that difficult).

Opinions of other species: Magnius has been around a very long time and he believes there is a good and bad to every species, you really cannot judge one on the acts of another, we all make our own decisions on what and who we will be.

Player: LamentingQuill

Name: Jack Sharp

Appearance: See photo

Species/race: Human, Luck mage

Personality: He is optimistic bordering on insane at first glance.  Then on closer inspection he's just very optimistic and smart enough to know when things will go well for him. Very competitive and will take any challenge even of he doesn't have enough luck to win.

Background: Jack is a luck mage.  That means he only knows magic to do with luck.  His life has been one big fun wander since then until he literally found this place on accident and realized this would be a great place to meet people and hone his skills. He only knew this because he found it during a period of good luck. 

Abilities: He has a general control of his own luck.  Allowing him to become lucky or unlucky at will. But luck is a resource.  He needs to save up bad luck to get equal parts good luck.  If he uses too much good luck he will go into luck debt.  This means he's stuck with terrible luck for a few days.  He is starting to be able to give and take luck from others and can see how much luck people have saved up. 

Likes (Sexual and personal): Winning any challenge, jokes, pranks, being dominant, making people smile.

Dislikes (sexual and personal): Losing, serious people,  ruining someone's day, people who can't take a joke.  Not having control. 

Opinions of other species: Loves fairies and pixies.  They have a similar outlook to him when it comes to life and uses of magic.

Name: Ai Haruno

Age: Phisically 23, Chronologically over thousands of years old.

Appearance:

More pictures

Species/race: Incubus

Personality: Ai is a man that likes to have a good time, whether it's by himself or with others. He's shown being friendly and kinds towards others when they need help or if someone is just looking a bit lonely, but has also been shown to be on the mischevious and flirtatious side when it comes to pretty girls. He can be elusive, tricky, and teasing when he wants to be, usually when he's keeping a secret or knows something that someone else doesn't, but Ai can also be relaxed and laidback on some occassions when he feels there's nothing better to do. However if you anger him or piss him off, Ai can be shown to have a bad temper, not holding grudges easily when it comes to someone that eiher hurts his pride or his friends.

Rank: Living their for a bit. He tends to prank new residents for the fun of it, and his way of greeting them to their new home. He doesn't do it on all of the residents, only ones that he thinks need to have a little scare~

Background: Ai finding Forest Grove was just a pure coincidence, seeing it be built by the first that had come to live there. Being able to pass off as a human, Ai opted to stay away from the place for a bit, until his curiosity could hold no bounds, and finally decided to move over to the new location. Somewhat bored with humans, he decided that he would live in Forest Grove and in the city nearby so that he could switch between the two and have some fun along the way. Besides, what could be more exciting then meeting new species of ccreatures you'd never seen before?

Abilities:

Ai has the ability to apparate from places of short distance, and when doing so, shifts into a smoky like substance that can pass through walls. As well, being an Incubus gives you the advantages to lure and hypnotize women. With his eyes a blood red, Ai can lure women with a simple look, as long as he has his attention on them, and can even lure women to him with the use of his voice, with either simply speaking or singing, much like the species of the sirens. One more uinque ability is Ai's ability to charm and arouse women with the a kiss, or more specifically, his saliva. Being a rather potent form of an aphrodisiac in his species, coming into contact in any way that can enter the body gives feelings of heart rate increase, skin becoming hot, nerves on edge, and a pleasurable rush to surge through one's body. Depending on the person, it could last from minutes, to even  hours.

Sexual~ Oral and Anal sex, dirty talking, submissive girls, foreplay (giving and receiving), blowjobs (anything that you wondering in regards to these, simply PM and ask)

Personal~ Music, sweets, cute girls, flirting, pranking others, having fun, clubbing, singing

Sexual~ Vore, scat, bathroom stuff, death ((Basically all the bad stuff))

Personal~ Killjoys, super serious people, rude people

Opinions of other species: He has none on some so far, but finds humans particularly fun to mess and toy with.

Player: Tokyorose627