Interest Check - Pokken Academy - (OLD)

Started by ZephySempai, April 11, 2017, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZephySempai

Quote from: Kiric Rand on April 23, 2017, 04:22:52 PM

Name: Morgan Robberts

Sexual Preference: Hetrosexual

Personality: Calculating, a bit cold at first but actually fairly warm hearted to those who can stand getting close to him, a bit sarcastic. These are all appropriate words to describe Morgan to the rest of the world. He likes to plan things out to a tee, so much so that he tends to be a bit off putting to others when they first meet him.

Home Town: Vermillion City

Starter Pokemon: Honedge
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background: When one grows up in the city of ghost, it’s hard to not let it affect your childhood. Morgan grew up around ghost all his life, and seeing as most of them in his city liked to pull pranks and tricks on the residence, he learned real quick to plan things out and watch everything with a careful eye. His parents served as priest of the temple in town, but Morgan wanted something more in life. He wanted to study these creatures, to understand them more and learn how their existence ties to humans. It was that deep seated need to learn that his parents saw early one, and decided to nutureas much as they could. But there is only so much one can learn about one type of Pokemon before you get ored.

Upon hearing about the opening of the academy, Morgan was sent almost as soon as they could afford, allowing him the chance to learn so much more than he ever could in his small city. Before leaving, Morgan was gifted with his Honedge, the first such one to appear in their city ever.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Halloween night with ghost pokemon, what more really needs to be said about that

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Any other time the ghost decided to pull their pranks

submitted for approval

YAY! Another Ghost user! Also, good choice in Pokemon and I really liked his backstory as well. I like how the events of Pokemon pulling pranks constantly turned him into such a calculating person. I can just imagine him stopping at every closed door he'd never opened before wondering if there was a bucket of ice water just waiting for him lol.

The only thing I'd ask from you is to add more to the best/worst experiences area. Which particular Halloween night left a big impression on him and what happened? What type of prank caused him to think twice about the harmlessness of Pokemon? Add those details in and hit me up. I'll be more than happy to accept him afterwards :D

Diesel Heart

At this point, I might as well take a note from what's been said and change from being another black haired guy lol

Kiric Rand

Round 2

Name: Morgan Robberts

Sexual Preference: Hetrosexual

Personality: Suspicious , a bit cold at first but actually fairly warm hearted to those who can stand getting close to him, a bit sarcastic. These are all appropriate words to describe Morgan to the rest of the world. He is a bit of a bookworm, and as such he can be a bit off putting at first

Home Town: Vermillion City

Starter Pokemon: Honedge

Background: When one grows up in the city of ghost, it’s hard to not let it affect your childhood. Morgan grew up around ghost all his life, and seeing as most of them in his city liked to pull pranks and tricks on the residence, he learned real quick to plan things out and watch everything with a careful eye. His parents served as priest of the temple in town, but Morgan wanted something more in life. He wanted to study these creatures, to understand them more and learn how their existence ties to humans. It was that deep seated need to learn that his parents saw early one, and decided to nutureas much as they could. But there is only so much one can learn about one type of Pokemon before you get ored.

Upon hearing about the opening of the academy, Morgan was sent almost as soon as they could afford, allowing him the chance to learn so much more than he ever could in his small city. Before leaving, Morgan was gifted with his Honedge, the first such one to appear in their city ever.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Halloween night with ghost pokemon, what more really needs to be said about that. One in particular though, when he was aout 9 years old, a pair of Ghastly went around with him all night, pulling tricks on all those who didn’t give treats. Morgan walked away with more candy that night than ever before or ever sence

Worst Experience With Pokemon: One of the ghost pranks ended up landing him in the hospital, though not with a serious injury. After that day Morgan learned to watch his step around the spectral monsters.
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

ZephySempai

Welcome, Morgan, to Pokken Academy!your first mission will be to repost this version of your character in the Information Station. Once there, you will be officially accepted and able to post in game!

Quote from: Diesel Heart on April 23, 2017, 05:26:15 PM
At this point, I might as well take a note from what's been said and change from being another black haired guy lol

Everyone wants to be cold and calculating when it comes to Pokemon for some reason (At least the guys anyway). Its okay to be a doofus with pink hair just chuckin' balls at people lol
I can't wait till somebody makes that character!

Edit: Also, if anybody's character was not present during the opening ceremony, you can either write yourself in, or just say that you missed it. Whichever better suits your character ^_^

Kiric Rand

I actually got to thinking about that, and I don't think calculated is the right discription. Maybe suspicious, seeing as he always grew up around trick playing pokemon. And maybe a bit bookwormish.
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

ZephySempai

Those that have come before you fit cold and calculating a little bit better.

Chaosfox

So I have been lurking on this thread for a bit now. Finally came up with a character concept (ok so I am partially rehashing a character I have used a couple of times but mostly the character name and the picture) However for some reason photobucket is not working for me at the moment  (and I still need to do Back story and Best and worst moment) But I hope to have at least everything up with or without the picture sometime either late tonight or tomorrow sometime. Hopefully Photobucket will sort  out and  I won't have any worries.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

ZephySempai

Quote from: Chaosfox on April 24, 2017, 03:42:17 PM
So I have been lurking on this thread for a bit now. Finally came up with a character concept (ok so I am partially rehashing a character I have used a couple of times but mostly the character name and the picture) However for some reason photobucket is not working for me at the moment  (and I still need to do Back story and Best and worst moment) But I hope to have at least everything up with or without the picture sometime either late tonight or tomorrow sometime. Hopefully Photobucket will sort  out and  I won't have any worries.

Sounds like a plan to me. I eagerly await your submission. We haven't moved too far In the game as of yet and are still doing intros. Just keep me posted ^_^

Chaosfox

Ok here you go meet Gina. So I lied a bit I did not use the same character Image I usually do as I have decided to change her personality a bit again so different picture same name though. Also I will apologize now for weird spacing between words and such. My keybord is old and some of the keys like to be tricky. But I will try to read through thing more and fix as much as the spacing as I can if I catch it.

Name: Gina Lindwell   

Sexual Preference: Pansexul

Personality: A fiery spirit Gina always seems to be both on the go and excited. As such she has a tendency to not think before she acts or speaks and sometimes finds herself in situations that are a bit over her head. However without and sense of embarrassment and not one to give up even when she falls both literally and figuratively she always gets back on her feet and tackles the situation head on again (or if she can be convinced  with a bit more finesse) . Despite this lack of thinking at time’s Gina is still quite intelligent and cunning when she can get herself to focus.

Home Town: Shalor  City

Starter Pokemon: Jabbers (croagunk)

Background:  Born to parents and who both had distinguished carriers her mother on the contest circuit in Hoen and her father as a breeder in  the Kalos region. Given this her parents had high expectations for Gina and from an early age tried to instill in her the responsibilities of a good trainer.  Not that  they did not take or she did not  pay attention but she always  seemed to be more  for action then sitting and  paying attention to things she was being told.  From an early age she would always sneak out when she was supposed to be doing other stuff and wonder around the city and it’s outskirts almost always finding herself in some sort of trouble.

On one such outing and being rather upset after an argument with her mother about going on a trip to learn more about  contest she found  that she had made her way to the gym.Having never been in it due to her parents rules she decide to take a peak and upon entering immediately felt like she had found where she belonged. Seeing all the trainers with their fighting types she felt herself getting pumped just from watching.

Pretty soon the gym became one of her favorite places to go and anytime she could sneak out she would find her way there and watch people train and the cheer on Korina whenever there was someone to challenge for the Rumble Badge.  It was after one such rousing battle and while she was on her way home that she noticed a Pokémon lying out under a tree. Upon investigation she found it to be a badly injured crogunk and scoping it up she took it home. 

Over the next couple of months and with some help from her father Gina nursed the crokugnk back to health. Upon taking it back to where she found it the Pokémon followed her back to her house and after finally convincing her parents they said she could keep it.  After that day both her parents realized  though she was  had not seemed like she had payed attention to what they had said both of  Gina’s parents saw that  she had to find her own way. It was with that realization that her parent’s convinced Gina to enroll in Poken Acadmey where the young woman hopes to hone her skills not only as a trainer but to build on the knowledge her parents taught her as a child.

Best Experience With Pokemon: After finding the injured crogunk  finding  out that she was able to nurse it back to health for the most t part by herself with just a bit of guidance from her father.  Also the day she way able to beat two of the trainer’s in Shalor Gym and the complement t she received from Korina after the two battles.

Worst Experience With Pokemon:On one of her  many outings as a  young child Gina was picking was kicking at rocks  and stones on the g round. One turned out to be a  rat her young geodude  which ended up hitting a sperow . The poor girl has never run faster before or after in her life and  sine then   is very reluctant to even pick up a rock much less kick one.

Other: Though she will deny it if asked however Gina secretly loves both Pokémon contest and the Pokémon show case.  I mean what kid wants their parents to know they have a interest in the same things. Two other things about her she loves skating and even had someone modify her shoes so as they can be fitted with roller blade wheels she keeps in her pack as well as having a  passion for food and cooking. Though the alter stems more from her  always seemingly endless amounts of energy.

ZephySempai

Quote from: Chaosfox on April 25, 2017, 08:47:00 AM
Ok here you go meet Gina. So I lied a bit I did not use the same character Image I usually do as I have decided to change her personality a bit again so different picture same name though. Also I will apologize now for weird spacing between words and such. My keybord is old and some of the keys like to be tricky. But I will try to read through thing more and fix as much as the spacing as I can if I catch it.

Name: Gina Lindwell   

Sexual Preference: Pansexul

Personality: A fiery spirit Gina always seems to be both on the go and excited. As such she has a tendency to not think before she acts or speaks and sometimes finds herself in situations that are a bit over her head. However without and sense of embarrassment and not one to give up even when she falls both literally and figuratively she always gets back on her feet and tackles the situation head on again (or if she can be convinced  with a bit more finesse) . Despite this lack of thinking at time’s Gina is still quite intelligent and cunning when she can get herself to focus.

Home Town: Shalor  City

Starter Pokemon: Jabbers (croagunk)

Background:  Born to parents and who both had distinguished carriers her mother on the contest circuit in Hoen and her father as a breeder in  the Kalos region. Given this her parents had high expectations for Gina and from an early age tried to instill in her the responsibilities of a good trainer.  Not that  they did not take or she did not  pay attention but she always  seemed to be more  for action then sitting and  paying attention to things she was being told.  From an early age she would always sneak out when she was supposed to be doing other stuff and wonder around the city and it’s outskirts almost always finding herself in some sort of trouble.

On one such outing and being rather upset after an argument with her mother about going on a trip to learn more about  contest she found  that she had made her way to the gym.Having never been in it due to her parents rules she decide to take a peak and upon entering immediately felt like she had found where she belonged. Seeing all the trainers with their fighting types she felt herself getting pumped just from watching.

Pretty soon the gym became one of her favorite places to go and anytime she could sneak out she would find her way there and watch people train and the cheer on Korina whenever there was someone to challenge for the Rumble Badge.  It was after one such rousing battle and while she was on her way home that she noticed a Pokémon lying out under a tree. Upon investigation she found it to be a badly injured crogunk and scoping it up she took it home. 

Over the next couple of months and with some help from her father Gina nursed the crokugnk back to health. Upon taking it back to where she found it the Pokémon followed her back to her house and after finally convincing her parents they said she could keep it.  After that day both her parents realized  though she was  had not seemed like she had payed attention to what they had said both of  Gina’s parents saw that  she had to find her own way. It was with that realization that her parent’s convinced Gina to enroll in Poken Acadmey where the young woman hopes to hone her skills not only as a trainer but to build on the knowledge her parents taught her as a child.

Best Experience With Pokemon: After finding the injured crogunk  finding  out that she was able to nurse it back to health for the most t part by herself with just a bit of guidance from her father.  Also the day she way able to beat two of the trainer’s in Shalor Gym and the complement t she received from Korina after the two battles.

Worst Experience With Pokemon:On one of her  many outings as a  young child Gina was picking was kicking at rocks  and stones on the g round. One turned out to be a  rat her young geodude  which ended up hitting a sperow . The poor girl has never run faster before or after in her life and  sine then   is very reluctant to even pick up a rock much less kick one.

Other: Though she will deny it if asked however Gina secretly loves both Pokémon contest and the Pokémon show case.  I mean what kid wants their parents to know they have a interest in the same things. Two other things about her she loves skating and even had someone modify her shoes so as they can be fitted with roller blade wheels she keeps in her pack as well as having a  passion for food and cooking. Though the alter stems more from her  always seemingly endless amounts of energy.

I think I'm in love! She seems like she has a great personality and a generally good heart as well. She seems fun loving and ready for anything. I also like how she has a secret like for the things her parents want her to like as well. I'm excited to see her progression!

Congrats on your badge of Acceptance. Please add your character to the Information Station and then you will be able to post In Character with Gina :D

Chaosfox

Thank's ^_^  I will get it over there really quick and will get an IC post up sometime today.

la dame en noir

Im gonna go ahead and pull my application/profile before its finished. Have fun guys! :D
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

ZephySempai

:(

I'm sad to see you go. Was hoping to see a bit more of your character, but I will not hold you.

If anything changes or your muse itches you this way then lease know so long as I'm here you'll always have a spot available!

Thanks again for the interest and I hope to hear from you again soon!

jeflint

Is there room for an Eevee or growilth girl in this game?

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

ZephySempai

I'm surprised we don't already have one. Just as long as it's a girl with And Eevee and not literally an eevee girl. Now of she likes to dress like a Pokemon that's fine too lol

Snake

Rando ass question: can we have more than one char Zephy? ;3

jeflint

Quote from: ZephySempai on May 01, 2017, 01:36:59 PM
I'm surprised we don't already have one. Just as long as it's a girl with And Eevee and not literally an eevee girl. Now of she likes to dress like a Pokemon that's fine too lol

Well... I meant an actual Pokemon girl who was an Eevee or growlith... 😜 My knowledge of Pokemon is limited to first gen.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

IamQ

Hello... I was wondering if I could make two characters?

ZephySempai

@Snake

I'm actually thinking about that right now. I usually don't like people having too many characters 'cuz it stresses most people out, but Sometimes its good to have two in case one gets stuck... I think I will allow multiples: Up to 2 characters per person.

@jeflint

Before I make a final decision, PM me the concept/character sheet and we can discuss. I do have to say that I'm aiming for this to be a "human" game so I'm not looking for anthros or halflings at the moment. If you still wanted to make a characters who was so obsessed with a certain Pokemon she dressed and acted like one that would definitely be alright with me :)

@IamQ

You definitely caught me at an interesting time. I was literally pondering this all day today (Same as Snake, actually) but yes. I will allow a limit of 2 characters per person. We'll see how it plays out ^_^

Gonna post the changes in the Info Thread and the OOC (For those too good to look at the recruitment thread lol)

LivingGarment

I'm a litte stuck for where to start. Does anyone want to have me as "already being friends"?
Please note that Mondays and Tuesdays I tend to be dead from work. The times I am here those days are for general lurking purposes so please be patient.

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!

Diesel Heart

Quote from: LivingGarment on May 03, 2017, 07:28:03 AM
I'm a litte stuck for where to start. Does anyone want to have me as "already being friends"?

I'm willing to discuss she could know Vernon with you.  He did travel a lot for 5 years before coming to Pokken so there's viability.  Otherwise, I invite you to approach Vernon, Zoey and Arron's group.  They're just outside the auditorium doors so she'd see them as she came out after the speech or about to enter. 

pdragon

Quote from: LivingGarment on May 03, 2017, 07:28:03 AM

Perhaps not necessarily "friends", but perhaps she could have run into Hana before at one point? She got her pokemon as a gift from Alola, so maybe she was out visiting her aunt on vacation at some point and ended up getting harassed by some team Skull grunts, Hana being amongst them. It'd be pretty fun if they saw each other and she's all "hey you're that thug that tried to steal my pokemon!"
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

ZephySempai

Quote from: pdragon on May 03, 2017, 09:41:24 AM
Perhaps not necessarily "friends", but perhaps she could have run into Hana before at one point? She got her pokemon as a gift from Alola, so maybe she was out visiting her aunt on vacation at some point and ended up getting harassed by some team Skull grunts, Hana being amongst them. It'd be pretty fun if they saw each other and she's all "hey you're that thug that tried to steal my pokemon!"

I 2nd this idea

Bekah Boo

Second charrie ;3

Name: (Formal/Real name) Isadora Estella Loiuse Delounge (Current alias) Arina Nexus

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Personality: Quite bashful Arina feels disconnected to those around her, not understanding which can make her seem dense if not slow to things. Once she is comfortable however one would find she is quite sweet tempered and warm at heart, as she tends to worry of those around her and do the best that she can to make everyone happy around her.

Home Town: Delounge Manor (town is built around the mansion)

Starter Pokemon: Oddish

Background: As the one and only daughter of the famed Delounge family, Isadora had her life planned out long before she was even able to walk, the only heir to the estate after her parents meant the name was to live on through her. From lesson plans to restricted contact with 'commoners' Isadora lived a life of crippling isolation and boredom, as the wealthy family who's ties spread throughout the lands with their effective trading system and high end collections, meant they were above the grade of those who lived outside the mansion walls. The only interactions the yearning child recieved was from the staff who served her at every beck and call, dressing her, feeding her, as well as teaching her the proper etiquette for a young blossoming woman who was to be only seen and not heard, a trophy for a young man to claim as well as further the blood line with smart and conquest of venues to seal the future of the family name itself.

But Isadora didn't want that.

She wanted to see the world outside those towering walls, to have the laughter fill her and be something more than a trophy to be claimed;this dream only made further by the kindness of the servant staff who could feel the young lady's suffering. Having never set a foot outside the mansion Isadora spent her days looking out those prison like windows with envy, the staff taking pity upon her as around the time she had turned 17 did they show her a new sort of world entirely, that of pokemon and just how comforting it could be. The old gardener in particular made a show of his enthusiastic bulbasuar as they toiled in the lush garden, Isadora beyond giddy to see such a heart warming sight of creature and man working together as their bond could be felt even in her metaphorical prison.

So in secrecy the staff would show Isadora the splendor of pokemon, and for a while she was quite content as for the first time in years her smile was genuine, though all things had to end eventually. Upon her 18th birthday Isadora was given news that she would soon be seen by suitors for her hand, the trial and error task of whisking their daughter off devastating to the young woman as she felt what chance there was to be in control of her own life was fading fast. Left with little option however Isadora made the fateful choice to run away from the prison she had known her entire life, sneaking away in the dead of night as she vowed she would never return, that if she wanted to live her own life that this was the only way. The staff themselves had helped orchestrate forged documents for the young girl as she began her journey of her own life, settling on becoming one with pokemon much like the kind people who had tended to her all her life, as she set foot to make it a reality in the one place that could teach her such.

Best Experience With Pokemon: The first time Arina was able to interact with her first pokemon, the old gardener helped make the flowers bloom with his bulbasaur at the helm. She was fascinated by their team work which led to her desiring to be more than simply a fixture to look at, but to explore this world and the curious creatures that inhabited it.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Being as naive and well, innocent, as she is Arina stumbled across a pidgey nest only to find a very angry pidgeotto soon chasing her through the woods where she fell into the nearby river much to her own surprise.Needless to say Arina makes sure to look where she steps at all times.

Other: Having run away from her family she has taken on an alias to try and fit in, her greatest fear is however being recognized which can make her a bit paranoid and jumpy.