News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Helix - tv show.

Started by Frelance, March 05, 2014, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frelance

So i just finished episode 9 of Helix and went looking for a thread on here but wasn't able to find one so i decided to make one of my own. If there already is a trhead for Helix let me know so we can avoid multiple threads for the show. So if you have any thoughts about the show post them here.

I am enjoying the one day per episode format they have been using and using the artic as a setting seems to be a great choice.
Evolution is an arms race

Shjade

Quote from: Frelance on March 05, 2014, 05:52:46 PM
I am ejoui g the one day per episode format

...what?  ???  Edit: nm, I got it - "enjoying," right? On that note, I'm not sure I agree, mainly because even though the episodes are labeled as days, most episodes don't seem to cover enough time to span a day. By my reckoning I think they should only be maybe five or six days in, unless days in their region are dramatically shortened (which, though possible, kinda defeats the purpose of marking episodes by days if they're not full days). The last few episodes in particular have looked like a lot of action happening in a much, much shorter span of time than three whole days.

That aside: Helix is...eh...I'm not sure what to make of it. It has the framework of an interesting show, but the execution is...not bad exactly, it's certainly entertaining enough to watch, good acting (for the most part), good writing, but it's just so predictable it hurts, particularly when it takes so freaking long to actually reveal the predictable "twists" but then acts like it's still supposed to be some kind of dramatic surprise when the reveal finally happens.

I'd still recommend it as an okay show for someone who likes the mystery/quarantine type of plot. Lord knows SyFy's had much, much worse on the air.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.