Does Elliquiy have a new internet icon or is it just my computer?

Started by Geraint, August 07, 2016, 10:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geraint

I opened up Internet Explorer 11 (my normal browser) tonight and put up my normal tabs.  But instead of the normal Elliquiy icons like on the row of favorites buttons on the bottom here, I got a row of unreadable red and white icons, as in the top row.  So has something invaded my Internet Explorer, is it that really Elliquiy's new address line icon?

Beautiful Mystery

I am on Google Chrome and I see what I assume is the normal one (square white and blue with a pencil)

So... perhaps just you?
Check A/A
The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns.
He comes dressed as everything you have wished for.
O2//A2//Request//Boudoir

Oniya

Firefox here - I see the bluish one as well.  (three scribbled lines with a pencil making it an 'E'.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

I use Firefox and get the square blue E like what is showing on your shortcut bar.  I wouldn't like it if I got something else, especially that red dot.

Beautiful Mystery

Quote from: Oniya on August 07, 2016, 10:56:09 PM
Firefox here - I see the bluish one as well.  (three scribbled lines with a pencil making it an 'E'.)

Looks again.

It totally does make an E! I did not notice that...

Don't mind me. My mind has just been blown xD
Check A/A
The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns.
He comes dressed as everything you have wished for.
O2//A2//Request//Boudoir

Geraint

Thanks ladies.  Unless someone else with IE11 is getting it, it's just me, and I'm stumped.  And I've never even seen the icon before. 

I've run  SuperAntiSpyware, Malware Bytes and Norton, cleared my internet cache, rebooted, and even restored Windows to an earlier version, and not only are they still there, but now they have populated my Favorites buttons as well.

Anybody have any suggestions?

edit:  I've also cleared my Elliquiy cookie, removed my Elliquiy favorites, and rebooted ... still to no avail.

Geraint

Now, out of nowhere, after I did everything I could think of to do, to no avail, and was busy copying a replica of the Elliquiy icon from the screen capture I posted, then converting the image to icon, and was in the process of applying that icon to all of my Elliquiy favorite tabs ... the real icon reappears everywhere but where I had changed icons.  I have no more clue why it came back than I did why it was replaced.  Weird

So I'm now in the process of recopying favorite links to get the normal icon, and have just pissed away five hours when I could have been writing.  Sigh.

Vekseid