Just seeking advice on Office 2013

Started by Blinkin, September 25, 2015, 03:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Hi Gang:

I've finally got a new computer (well, new to me at any rate(.The system is running Windows 7, which is a nice step up from XP, and inclues Office 2013.

My question is, is there any way to get the classic menues back for Office? Aside from me being more comfortable with them over the ribbon, my screen reader deals with menues better than a ribbon... and to be honest, I just hate the thing.

Thanks for the help in advance.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Andi

There are a bunch of for-pay options to replace the ribbon with the classical menu-driven UI. I am reluctant to offer any links, though, as I have not vetted them myself for safety or usability.

Blinkin

Thanks all the same. I'll have to go looking for something then. My screen reader is suppose to have an option, but it doesn't work... surprise. lol

I know of one, but it's something like $40 and I was hoping for another option.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

The Dark Raven

I have not heard of menu-driven Office being a thing since before the release of Office 2007.  :(

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.