[Interest Check] World of Darkness (VtM, MtA, or WtA)

Started by Hades, October 23, 2014, 11:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hades

Quote from: Bibliophilia on November 07, 2014, 04:42:12 AM
Hades, my Gangrel is going to be fairly young, born in the late '80s, is that cool with you?  And, being so young, would she still get the additional Freebie points?

Yeah, if people want to make their characters younger than a century undead they are certainly free to do so.  One hundred years is simply the maximum.  And for the sake of game balance, everyone will use the same creation rules, regardless of the age of your characters. 

That being said, once people start getting their backgrounds and sheets done feel free to send them to me via PM so I can put them in my folder to keep track of everyone.

Nicolae

Thought you all might like to see the character I submitted to Hades last night.

Freddie 'the Bat' Murnau

Name: Freddie "The Bat" Murnau

Clan: Nosferatu

Path: Humanity

Appearance: Freddie was given his nickname, "The Bat", due to his exceptionally large ears and his bat-like nose. His skin is the grayish-white of a corpse and is frequently grimy from the muck of the sewers. He has dark, sunken-in eyes, though decent lighting reveals that his eyes are gray. Freddie is almost entirely bald, but a few black wisps still haven't fallen out yet. Perhaps the most disturbing part of Freddie's appearance is his fangs, long and yellowing and apparently unretractable. Of course, Freddie knows that his appearance is off-putting, so to keep from making negotiations or business dealings more difficult than they have to be, he typically wears a bandana and hoodie to conceal his face and ears.

Personality: Freddie was an outcast and a loner throughout much of his life, being a foster kid and a computer nerd in the 80s and 90s, and learned to accept that and thrive in those conditions. Freddie practiced manipulating people and computer systems into doing exactly what he wanted them to do. He took to being a Nosferatu fairly well, after the initial shock and depression, and upon being integrated into Kindred society as best a Nosferatu can, he became somewhat voyeuristic. Hacking security cameras, installing webcams, or planting a listening device here or there, Freddie wants to watch the goings-on in the city, Kindred and kine alike. Maybe it's because his he's trying to understand the society he never fully connected with. Maybe it's to keep his information fresh. Or maybe, just maybe, Freddie likes to watch.

Freddie, or "the Bat" as he's sometimes called, knows that information is valuable, and he is very much available for work, whether it's information, spyware, or security footage you need. He may seem like a loner at heart, but when there's payment involved, he's your best friend.

Background: Freddie was born in a small town in Washington state, to a single, alcoholic mom with a penchant for dangerous boyfriends. He never knew his father and after having the police answer several domestic violence calls at their home and arrest his mother for several DUIs, he was taken into foster care at the age of 8. Along with the move to foster care came a brand new school across town, and in the new environment, Freddie's talent with computers became evident. Within a few years, he had progressed from playing games and dealing with temperamental computers to writing his own programs and repairing the computers when they crashed. Freddie's aptitude drew the attention of a few jealous kids who would bully him on occasion early in high school, but those he couldn't manipulate into leaving him alone faced a different fate: Freddie would hack into the school's database and alter their grades, causing them to be transferred into remedial classes and away from him.
By the time he graduated high school and the Internet had become a part of his life, he was a fully-fledged hacker, writing both malicious and benign programs that he started selling to interested parties online, anonymously, from his laptop in his dormroom. He hadn't been making a fortune, but it had paid for his first three years of college at Washington State University and honed his programming and hacking skills to what he had thought was their peak. In October 1999, near the beginning of his senior year in college, he had begun experimenting with the code necessary to create his own search engine, which he wanted to be different from the popular search engines of the day in that it searched farther and deeper into the recesses of the Internet. What he didn't expect his mutated search engine would dredge up, while his roommates were at a Halloween party, no less, was some kind of parallel Internet, piggybacked onto the real Internet, that contained...well, at first he didn't know what to make of it. References to something called "kindred" and reports of strange activity in various cities around the world. Then, his computer crashed and he could only see the 'Blue Screen of Death.' While he spent the next hour alone in his dormroom trying to reboot his computer and search through his files to get back to that weird piggybacked network (only to find his search engine's database corrupted), across the country his location had been traced and his whereabouts phoned in to a local Nosferatu named Greta Schroeder. She was sent to kill him to protect the Masquerade, but when she made her way into the dorm, disguised by Mask of a Thousand Faces, and met him in person, she saw a potential in him that she wanted to put to her own use, rather than snuff out entirely.
For his part, Freddie was surprised to see a lovely woman on the other side of his door, and when she started asking about the activities of the past hour, he wondered just what trouble he had gotten himself into. When she asked about his talent with computers, he felt more comfortable, thinking he was going to be recruited into some secret government project or something. And after a few more minutes' conversation, she lunged for his neck and sank her fangs into his skin.
When Freddie awoke, he was horrified to find that he had been changed, he had been turned into some kind of a freak with big, pointed ears and huge, sharp fangs, or tusks more like it, and that he was in a sewer with another freakish person...but in retrospect, he's quite happy she brought his laptop along, sealed up in a garbage bag to keep the sewage out.
Over the past thirteen years, the Bat has spent the majority of his free time spying on the activities (both online and offline) of the kine and some Kindred of Seattle. He still sells/barters the software he writes (often over SchreckNET, with a "family discount" for other Nosferatu, of course) but his true passion now is the accumulation of information, which can be much more lucrative than selling the odd virus here or spyware there.

By the way, for WoD resources, I always use http://rp.thesubnet.com/
O/O   Ideas

Hades

Okay, so by the end of the week I intend to have the major NPCs written up and the opening post made by Monday at the latest. So be certain to get those backgrounds and sheets in pronto, or Caine is gonna get'cha. :P

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

TheShii

My Anti-AA's, My Randy OO's

Commission Me
"All your boners are belong to me >w>" ~Dim Hon

Hades

Quote from: TheShii on November 11, 2014, 01:33:07 PM
ok my body is ready

I don't know, that humanity score still looks a bit too high to me Shii. :P

Josietta

Quote from: Josietta on November 06, 2014, 01:32:05 PM
How's this?

character sheet

Name: 

Clan/Bloodline: 

Generation: 

Nature: 

Demeanor: 

Height: 

Weight: 

Appearance: 

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES

Strength: 

Dexterity: 

Stamina: 

SOCIAL ATTRIBUTES

Charisma: 

Manipulation: 

Appearance: 

MENTAL ATTRIBUTES

Perception: 

Intelligence: 

Wits: 

ABILITIES (TALENTS)

Alertness: 
Athletics: 
Brawl: 
Dodge: 
Empathy: 
Expression: 
Intimidation: 
Leadership: 
Streetwise: 
Subterfuge: 

ABILITIES (SKILLS)

Animal Ken: 
Crafts: 
Drive: 
Etiquette: 
Firearms: 
Melee: 
Performance: 
Secuirity: 
Stealth: 
Survival: 

ABILITIES (KNOWLEDGES)

Academics: 
Computer: 
Finance: 
Investigation: 
Law: 
Linguistics: 
Medicine: 
Occult: 
Politics: 
Science: 

BACKGROUNDS:

DISCIPLINES: 

VIRTUES

Conscience/Conviction: 

Self Control/Instinct: 

Courage: 

MERITS: 

FLAWS: 

HUMANITY: 

WILLPOWER: 

BLOOD POOL: 

BLOOD PER TURN: 

Name: 

Clan/Bloodline: 

Generation: 

Nature: 

Demeanor: 

Height: 

Weight: 

Appearance: 

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES

Strength: 

Dexterity: 

Stamina: 

SOCIAL ATTRIBUTES

Charisma: 

Manipulation: 

Appearance: 

MENTAL ATTRIBUTES

Perception: 

Intelligence: 

Wits: 

ABILITIES (TALENTS)

Alertness: 
Athletics: 
Brawl: 
Dodge: 
Empathy: 
Expression: 
Intimidation: 
Leadership: 
Streetwise: 
Subterfuge: 

ABILITIES (SKILLS)

Animal Ken: 
Crafts: 
Drive: 
Etiquette: 
Firearms: 
Melee: 
Performance: 
Secuirity: 
Stealth: 
Survival: 

ABILITIES (KNOWLEDGES)

Academics: 
Computer: 
Finance: 
Investigation: 
Law: 
Linguistics: 
Medicine: 
Occult: 
Politics: 
Science: 

BACKGROUNDS:

DISCIPLINES: 

VIRTUES

Conscience/Conviction: 

Self Control/Instinct: 

Courage: 

MERITS: 

FLAWS: 

HUMANITY: 

WILLPOWER: 

BLOOD POOL: 

BLOOD PER TURN: 

So PM the sheet above to you?  And post something like this for the forum use?

Kerianna Kingsley

Name: Kerianna "Keri" Kingsley

Clan: Brujah

Path: Humanity

Appearance: WIP

Background: WIP

Just want to know for sure so I know what to work on today for my character.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Hades

You can PM the sheet and background to me if you want to keep it all a mystery.  Or if you are okay with everyone knowing your background that's fine too.  Once I get the NPCs finished, I'm going to make a thread for them and the PCs as well, that will just include basically everything you had below except for the Background slot, and Appearance will also cover any noticeable merits/flaws that the character has.

Hades

Slight delay on my part as I take care of some annoying real life stuff this week, so it may be closer to the weekend before I make the opening posts.  I do plan to have the character thread set up though by Monday to list the major NPCs and all the PCs who are approved.  So if you have a particular image/actor(ess) you want to use for your character, be aware that it is first come/first claimed in that regard.   

AndyZ

Joanna Kyleson
Follower of Set
8th Generation (5 generations from Set)
Bon Vivant

Stats
Strength 2 Dexterity 3 Stamina 1
Charisma 3 Manipulation 3 Appearance 4
Perception 2 Intelligence 4 (Problem Solver) Wits 2

Alertness 1 Athletics 1 Brawl 1 Empathy 3 Expression 1 Intimidation 1 Leadership 1 Streetwise 1 Subterfuge 3

Etiquette 1 Performance 4 (Dancing) Stealth 1

Academics 1 Computer 1 Finance 1 Investigation 1 Linguistics 1 (Ancient Egyptian) Occult 3 Politics 1

Obfuscate 1 Presence 1 Serpentis 1

Conviction 2 Self-Control 4 Courage 3 Path of Typhon 5 Willpower 8

Fame 1 Generation 5 Herd 3 Influence Bureaucracy 3 Finance 3 Health 3 High Society 1 Media 3 Occult 3 Politics 3 Street 1 Underworld 3 Resources 3 Retainers 2

Blush of Health, Elysium Regular, Unbondable

History While Alive
Joanna grew up during the sexual revolution of the 1960s, where free love reigned and many of the world's social mores proved themselves not only unnecessary but inherently problematic.  Although she never accepted all of the rules of the time period - it seemed silly not to trust someone just based on age - it encouraged her to question everything she was taught.

Growing up in a strict family in the suburbs, though, didn't lend itself well to exploration.  Joanna was treated as a princess but expected to live like one, even to the point where her parents had picked out the boy she was expected to marry.

Even looking back, she can't help but feel surprised that they were shocked when she ran away.  Then again, obviously they didn't care enough to actually find her, however much they might have looked.

When she was found, it wasn't by her family but by a kindly young man who encouraged her to use her brain.  It wasn't until the proof of Vampirism, though, that she truly understood that the Judeochristian deity could not exist.  The entire story of cursing a murderer to keep on murdering, heedless of what it did to others, was nothing but ludicrous.  Further, the existence of diablerie - completely consuming a soul - fell utterly contrary to the process of judgment.

Current Background Info

Joanna runs the Cat's Eye, a strip club a block and a half from the bus route.  Its logo is a Japanese catgirl, naked but reasonably covered between her pole, hair and tail.  She winks towards the viewer with a vertical slit for a pupil, not unlike a cat's eye, or a snake's.

Rather well-known is her philosophy that if a Kindred's existence is forever, it may as well be enjoyed.  She shows up to practically every Elysium, and long ago joined up with the Camarilla as far more fun (and less scary) than the Sabbat (and far more interesting than neither).

The strip club allows her a great deal of leeway with the kine.  All kinds of people show up, and a few end up in positions where they can do favors for her over time.  Kindred are welcome to work there in a place where odd hours isn't any sort of an issue.  Joanna also has two ghouls on employ, a bouncer and a dancer.

The only big rule she requests of people is that if something does happen like a frenzy, that she or a ghoul be informed instead of just leaving a mess.  It's common sense to her, but she's been displeased with a few issues from a couple decades ago.

She deals with the aging issues of her unlife by pretending to be her own daughter.  The change usually kicks in after she's gone into torpor for one reason or another, but more than one person has asked her that question and received the obvious answer.  When she then starts getting curious about her father, most decide to change the subject rather quickly.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Bibliophilia

Did this game die before it began, or is Hades still having RL issues?

Hades

It's the second.  I still want to do the game, just not sure how quickly I can get through the backlog of stuff that RL issues has left me.  As soon as I get things where I feel comfortable in firing it up though, I will post the relevant links here for those interested.  :-)

Bibliophilia

Okay!  -grins.-  I just wanted to be certain.  There's no rush, at least on my end.  I'm a patient girl.

kckolbe

If there's room for a male char, would love to play a paranoid Malk that fervently believes the Greek pantheon is real and out to get him.

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Olivia Thomas

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/38019?message=true
Specialties
- Intelligence Analytical
- Finance Venture Capitalism
Backgrounds
- Mentor Sire
- Resources Financial Investments for Income and Venture Capital Investments (The 6th Dot)

Clan Weakness: Can only feed from mortal females of child bearing age.

Prelude
Under Construction

Basic concept is a true mistress of finding investments worth a damn using a big fat trust fund, her Sire tested her in the traditional Ventrue Agoge to earn an expected level in one background aka Paragon area in her case she chose money the tool that will let her build a power base. She is a Ventrue despite her thinned vitae with the clan weakness but she developed some quirks based on vampires in books and movie. Unlike most trust fund babies she has ambition to a degree and a genius for finding investments, her first ones included a 5% share of a little business out of a garage that became Apple Computers when she was just embraced and it got better.  :P .

Now that she has the money she will work on her appropriate areas neglected so far like Politics and USE her income to buy her way to domains in the city in new areas so she expands the Ventrue influence and power without interfering with clan elders. But being thin blooded and a merchant she has to work harder at it. And she is still under her Sires control until presented to the Prince but the clan accepted her so that is the easier part.