The Emperor's Finest (Dark Heresy and Deathwatch)

Started by Pumpkin Seeds, October 27, 2012, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Norwegian One on October 30, 2012, 07:26:05 AM
Remember to put your characters up in the Character thread and not here :)

I remember.  I'm just talking about it here because I don't actually think there's an OOC thread yet...though I might be off on that.

EDIT: Here's a question.  Why would an Arbitrator character, for their starting Talent choice (Quick Draw vs Rapid Reload) ever take Rapid Reload?  It's an Advance given to them in their first tier, and it only costs 100 XP...whereas you can't ever buy Quick Draw without an Elite Advance...

Wargtass

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on October 30, 2012, 07:41:05 AM
EDIT: Here's a question.  Why would an Arbitrator character, for their starting Talent choice (Quick Draw vs Rapid Reload) ever take Rapid Reload?  It's an Advance given to them in their first tier, and it only costs 100 XP...whereas you can't ever buy Quick Draw without an Elite Advance...

Dark Heresy is full of these kind of little muck-ups.

BTW John, which route are you taking your Tactical?
O/O

Norwegian One

Quote from: JohnTheGreat on October 30, 2012, 07:34:33 AM
Um.. well we are marines there so probably all of them  :P
But yea, page 36 of the deathwatch book is most of them then go to the page in chapter 2 with your class on it.

Yeah, I'm kind of asking because I don't have any of the books, and I'm loathe to go out and buy them just for this game :)
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Pumpkin Seeds

Slate-Agent (Book of Judgement) and Sin Eater (The Radical's Handbook) are both Arbitrator available alternate ranks that have Jaded.  I do not know how well either would fit into your character concept, but I will do my best to give people the opportunity to grow their characters as they like if they do not wish for a more organic growth.

Also, I hope to begin discussion in the Out of Character thread for bringing everyone together at least from the Arbites group.  Deathwatch is a little easier of course since Space Marines are expected to work together in that organization, like it or not.  Though of course, some sort of shared history always makes things flow easier.

ReijiTabibito

Slate-Agent doesn't sound what I want to do at all.  Sin Eaters...maybe.  But there's at least 2000 XP to go before I can make the choice to use Sin-Eater instead of another rank.  And while the idea sounds interesting, if it's possible, Seeds, I might just want to go with the Elite Advance for Jaded.

...are we allowed to have Elite Advances right out of the gate, so to speak?

JohnTheGreat

Quote from: Wargtass on October 30, 2012, 07:52:31 AM
BTW John, which route are you taking your Tactical?

I was thinking Sternguardy, lots of different ammo types and just kill anything in front of me with a good old bolter.
Also, after looking at what other classes we have, it would seem like one of us tacticals should take the command role (or else maybe the librarian). Looking at your Fel I'm thinking you'll want that role yes?

Muse

I've not heard of the Elite Advance, Reiji, what is it? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Wargtass

Quote from: JohnTheGreat on October 30, 2012, 09:50:40 PM
I was thinking Sternguardy, lots of different ammo types and just kill anything in front of me with a good old bolter.
Also, after looking at what other classes we have, it would seem like one of us tacticals should take the command role (or else maybe the librarian). Looking at your Fel I'm thinking you'll want that role yes?

Command aiming at a future Chaplain advance, if we get that far, yes.  ;D

Quote from: Muse on October 30, 2012, 09:55:16 PM
I've not heard of the Elite Advance, Reiji, what is it? 

Elite Advances are opportunities for a player to buy a skill or talent that he doesn't have in his Career Path. The player must motivate this to the GM (either through a long series of in game moments or other mean) and it's the GM's job at her own discretion to put a price on the Elite Advance (usually ranges from 500-1000 depending on how good a job the Player did).
O/O

BraveEarth

I think another Assault Marine should compliment the squad nicely. And my Guardsman well she's interesting...

JohnTheGreat

So just how many people were we hoping for here?

Pumpkin Seeds

We have reached the magic number of 7.  A couple of interested parties are lurking but nothing definitive.  Just need to move the conversation toward the OOC area so that we can bring the party together in terms of the Arbites group at least.  The Deathwatch group would be good to have shared backgrounds or at least a unifying story, but Deathwatch is far easier to just throw together and say go blow that up.

Baalborn87

Can I throw my hat into the ring? I GM DH at my local club so I know the rules etc. and I have 90% of the rulebooks.

If allowed I'm thinking.

*DH: assassin (a la SWAT sniper)
*DW: Blood angel assault marine (my 40k army is very assault heavy  ;D)

Wargtass

I think we already have two or three Assaults and a Blood Angel Librarian. I'm already thinking about exchanging my Chapter, but right now I'm not motivated enough to make the Mantis Warriors. I might discuss it with Pumpkin later on before the DW starts...

But yeah, another Blood Angel could be fun, another Assault though...
O/O

Baalborn87

Wargtass

No Dev so far, and one Imp Fist. Just remember it's not really a bad thing to have more of a Chapter, Mantis Warriors was just my first choice and I couldn't be bothered to work it out right now, so bam, two Storm Wardens.
O/O

Baalborn87

So what chapters are being represented so far? Was considering a Space Wolf but I don't think I could do them justice.

Wargtass

Two Storm Wardens (Assault and Command Tactical), a Black Templar (Apothecary), an Imperial Fist (Shooty Tactical), a Blood Angel (Librarian), a Raven Guard (Assault) and... yeah, that's it so far as I can see.
O/O

Baalborn87

Okay. I'll stick with the devastator but change to Dark Angel (some interesting character development prospects).  that's if I'm Accepted to the group that is.

Rel Mayer

QuoteArbite:
WS:(Weapon Skill) 31
BS:(Ballistic Skill/Shooting) 30
S:(Strength)  26 (-5 from void born)
T:(Toughness) 37 +3 from Divi
Ag: 39
Int: 28
Per: (Perception) 30
WP: (Will Power)  38 (+5 from void born)
Fel: (Fellowship)  29

Wounds: 9 +1 (From Sound Constitution)
Fate Points: 3

Name: Rhia Euphrati Nickname: Luck
Homeworld: Void Born (Born in Space, Parents worked in fleet.)
Career: Assassin (Long Range Killer)
Experience 400/400

Build: Skeletal 5”5 110 pounds (Scary gross)
Skin Color: Porcelain Skin
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Watery Blue Eyes

Quirk: Long Fingers
Craft of Origin: Space Hulk (Cautious, Suppositious and Trigger Happy because of old haunted ship.)
Divination: “Men must die so man endures.” +3 to toughness

Traits:
Charmed (Naturally lucky. When spend fate point roll 1d10. If you get a 9, you don‘t lose fate point)
Ill-Omened (-5 Penalty on fellowship test with non-void born humans.)
Ship-Wise (Two skills for free. Navigation and Piolet)
Void Accustomed (Immune to Space travel sickness and 0 and low gravity environment not considered difficult terrain.)

Basic Skills:
Navigation (Stellar) (Int)
Pilot (Spacecraft) (Ag)
Speak Language (Ship Dialect)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Awareness (Per)
Dodge (Ag)
Trained Skills
Silent Move 100 exp

Advanced Skills:

Talents:
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Ambidextrous (Use both hands with weapons)
Pistol Training (Las)
Pistol Trainging (SP)
Basic Weapon Training (SP)
Cat Fall (Ag) 100 exp
Heightened Senses (Sight) 100 exp
Sound Constitution 100 exp (+1 Wounds)

Gear:
Hunting Rifle ( 16 Rounds)
Sword
Knife
Compact Las Pistol (1 charge pack)
3 doses of stimm
Charm (Corpse Hair)
Black Body Glove (Common Quality Clothing)
Flak Jacket- Armored Coat (Covers arms body and legs) +3 Armor
Special Qualities:

Insanity Points:
Corruption Points:

Thrones: 141  -100 for Flak Jacket =41

Don't mind my notes. They're for me! >P

Anyone have any thoughts? My thought is making her very pew pew!  I'm gonna start working on my Spacemarine soonish.

Pumpkin Seeds

For the time being I will lock this thread.  If recruitment should open up for whatever reason, I will similarly open this thread.