Marvel: A New Beginning (Temprorarily closed for recruitment)

Started by AribethAmkiir, March 29, 2014, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoluptuousVixen

"Donkey Balls are a delicacy in Asgurd Mortal!" Sayeth Lady Sif.

Neysha

I dunno, I think some of them were at least adequate, if not entertaining as well. All of the Spider-Man films have been above average, even Spider-man 3 wasn't bad. Blade was entertaining. DareDevil was okay IMHO. I thought the first two X-Men films were pretty good, the third was average. XMen Origins Wolverine was merely average and First Class was good. The Punisher was fine as an action film, missed the mark on a Punisher film though. And all of the MCU films have been of good quality.

DC Comics though... you got the Nolan movies which were all pretty good. And Man of Steel which was above average. But Catwoman, Superman Returns, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern.... big ol meehhhhhhh from me at best. Watchmen was okay, not really DC Superhero Universe based though.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

RedMoon

I keep forgetting that Jonah Hex movie exists...

JK

Punisher: War Zone was basically everything a Punisher movie should be. Simple, violent and fun.

Nobody reads Punisher for character drama.

Edit: whoops forgot what thread I was browsing
Where the witches are fireproof and every preacher's a madman.
O/Os + legit samples + f-list

AribethAmkiir

In my opinion, Man of Steel was the worst movie that came out last year.  You can only punch someone through a mountain so many times before it becomes boring.  And how much of a totally irredeemable person are you when you're so afraid of being "found out" that you let your dad get sucked up into a tornado?  I don't like Superman in the first place, but that movie was extremely horrible.

Just my opinion.

Mathim

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 05:03:00 PM
No spoilers please!  It's hard enough to avoid trailers that give the entire movie away.

The first Fantastic Four wasn't horrible.  One of the Punisher movies was okay.  The first Spider-Man was okay.  Yeah, they could have all been better, but at least they weren't horrible.

Respectfully disagree with ya, if you don't mind. All 3 spideys were terrible, both Fantastic 4's were too. The only one I recall not totally hating was Daredevil.

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 05:23:14 PM
In my opinion, Man of Steel was the worst movie that came out last year.  You can only punch someone through a mountain so many times before it becomes boring.  And how much of a totally irredeemable person are you when you're so afraid of being "found out" that you let your dad get sucked up into a tornado?  I don't like Superman in the first place, but that movie was extremely horrible.

Just my opinion.

No arguments there, though.

Quote from: Neysha on April 01, 2014, 05:30:34 PM
I detested Punisher: War Zone. I thought it was awful and not even that... fun to watch. It's like they were trying to hard IMHO. :P

I kind of feel that way, but I guess I found the movies positive qualities outshined those odious points of morality.

Yeah, the Punisher shot a dude in the face with a shotgun while he's holding a 6-year-old girl in that one. Fucking terrible.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Neysha

Quote from: JK on April 01, 2014, 05:14:16 PM
Punisher: War Zone was basically everything a Punisher movie should be. Simple, violent and fun.

Nobody reads Punisher for character drama.

Edit: whoops forgot what thread I was browsing

I detested Punisher: War Zone. I thought it was awful and not even that... fun to watch. It's like they were trying to hard IMHO. :P

Just my opinion.

I kind of feel that way, but I guess I found the movies positive qualities outshined those odious points of morality.
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

JK

Thats the beauty! You dont need the origin story and the heroes journey and all the stuff that you would think makes a movie. Just violence, huge guns and gnarly middle aged guys grimacing as they point them at over the top ethnic criminal stereotypes.

Its like how Dredd didnt ever show his face. It broke a cardinal rule of film, and was totally better for it.

Mathim

Quote from: JK on April 01, 2014, 05:39:07 PM
Thats the beauty! You dont need the origin story and the heroes journey and all the stuff that you would think makes a movie. Just violence, huge guns and gnarly middle aged guys grimacing as they point them at over the top ethnic criminal stereotypes.

Its like how Dredd didnt ever show his face. It broke a cardinal rule of film, and was totally better for it.

I think what we were getting at is, that's why we hated the Punisher. So there's no beauty there to be had; that would only be the case if that stuff was effective.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

JK

It didnt touch my heart, it didnt make me think, but it made my trigger finger twitch. I think Frank would want it that way.

Deamonbane

Fantastic four sucked. Both of them. The first two Spider-Man movies were decent. Both Punisher movies were epic. X-Men and X-2 were good, the Last Stand was decent, but not good. I liked the X-Men Origins, but I realize that it wasn't that great. The Wolverine was Epic as well, but the First class could have been better. I won't even talk about Daredevil.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

RedMoon

You lot are going to scare off the new recruits with all this arguing and movie-bashing. Maybe this conversation should take place in the OOC thread? :p

assleigh

I still have to go to a support group over how bad Daredevil & Electra were....So wanted to like Electra...
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

VoluptuousVixen

Guys and Gals, I have too much going on to play Scarlet Witch so I withdraw my application for her.

I hope this group does very well and you all have a good time! xxx

AribethAmkiir

That's too bad, lois.  I hope your other games go well.

ebpohmr

Heh. I haven't seen a superhero movie yet that I haven't loved!

Ember Star

Hshahah. I pretty much avoid these conversation because I like them all with the exception of X-men last stand.

But...

Just my opinion.
This ^ this was my issue with MoS. Loved the casting, loved the story, loved how the characters were played. But too much epic long beat shit up scenes bore me and I felt it INCREDIBLY stupid that Clark would just let his dad die like that.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Quote from: ebpohmr on April 02, 2014, 03:56:36 AM
Heh. I haven't seen a superhero movie yet that I haven't loved!
But this is pretty much me. This includes the DD and Elektra everybody seems to hate. Actually didnt know people hated them. But I'm not a avid reading of the comic books. Never had access or money, so I just read Wikipedia for most of it. I also loved the original spin the Catwoman movie had, although I did feel the movie itself could have been much better.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

assleigh

Is it wrong of me to say Tank Girl is my all time favorite Comic Book movie?

Pah pah pah POW!
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

apygoos

as i note the setting i cant help but wonder 1) Spider-Man is like, perfect for this game setting, so by correlation, i feel compelled to ask, 2) Am I the only person on E who willingly would play spidey in a group game? lol

Batman4560

No but I really don't want to play Spiderman in two different games.

Deamonbane

I would like to play the Spidey, but I don't think I would be able to do him justice. Either make him too serious and somber, or psychotic with punchlines, like Deadpool.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

AribethAmkiir

I kind of expected we'd get a Spidey by now, but I'm not completely surprised that we haven't. 

Mathim

I was hesitant to choose a character who isn't actually part of the MCU. The X-Men, Spidey, F4 and a few others are not controlled by Marvel Studios so I wanted one who actually does work within the continuity even though he hasn't got his own film (yet). It's ironic some on here don't think they'd do justice to the character since none of the films have done Spidey justice, in either the original trilogy or the not-so-Amazing reboots.

Neysha

For me, a lot of thr canon charactees that were available were either mutants,  or more often tended to be male. And I tend to orient myself towards playing female characters for various overt reasons. :P
My Request Thread