Good websites for cheap travel tickets

Started by persephone325, April 13, 2019, 01:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

I'm looking for websites that will give me listings for various methods of travel across several states. I've looked at train and plane tickets. I just have never traveled on my own before, or been on a plane. Been on a train ride when I was younger, but this is different since I'm basically looking to go almost across the US.

Anyone have websites they like to use? I...don't really know what's good and what's not. Any help would be super, super appreciated. I just don't know what my options are, you know?

Thanks in advance. ^^ <3
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

The Dark Raven

Expedia or Priceline for air,  Greyhound for bus, and Amtrak for train.  Those are the ones I know of anyway.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

CriminalMindsFan

In US, Southwest Airlines is one of the cheapest ways to travel by air. I believe they don't make their tickets available through third party sites so you would only find their tickets on the airline's own site.

persephone325

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on April 13, 2019, 11:29:31 PM
In US, Southwest Airlines is one of the cheapest ways to travel by air. I believe they don't make their tickets available through third party sites so you would only find their tickets on the airline's own site.

I just checked their site, and they don't fly to the airport I need them to. :-(

Quote from: The Dark Raven on April 13, 2019, 08:53:48 AM
Expedia or Priceline for air,  Greyhound for bus, and Amtrak for train.  Those are the ones I know of anyway.

Train or bus will be a longer trip (not that I mind), but do you happen to know what (if any) sleeping accommodations they have for the cheapest tickets? I can't tell, cause the website is confusing for me to navigate. The Amtrak one, anyway. >.<
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

The Dark Raven

Quote from: persephone325 on April 14, 2019, 12:24:58 AM
Train or bus will be a longer trip (not that I mind), but do you happen to know what (if any) sleeping accommodations they have for the cheapest tickets? I can't tell, cause the website is confusing for me to navigate. The Amtrak one, anyway. >.<

Generally the coach tickets on Amtrak are sleep upright in your chair (they don't recline).  Actual sleeping accommodations are in the sleeper/private compartments (that are more expensive).

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

persephone325

Quote from: The Dark Raven on April 14, 2019, 10:22:43 AM
Generally the coach tickets on Amtrak are sleep upright in your chair (they don't recline).  Actual sleeping accommodations are in the sleeper/private compartments (that are more expensive).

I had a feeling that was the case. Thank you. ^^
I don't know.