Strawberries and Cream!

Started by Trieste, June 10, 2008, 07:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

A friend and I were having a debate, and now I'm curious. A favourite summer treat around here is strawberries with cream poured over top ... a little sugar ... it's pretty awesome (alas, I have none right now. Sadface.) but the quandary is how to eat them? Do you use a fork so you can effectively spear the chopped-up strawberries? Or a spoon so you can ladle up the cream along with the strawberries?

Well? :)

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Maeven

Hmmm a fork I think.   

Spear the strawberry and then twirl it around in the cream and sugar to attain a nice even coating... not so much to overpower the flavor of the strawberry though... *nods*
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Greenthorn

Must. Have. Cream.

Spoon!!

Oh no...Must. Find. Man. Now.

Trieste

... wait, GT, what?  :o

... a... strawberry man? Or do you just need help opening a pickle jar? *giggles and flees*

Me, I've always eaten it with a spoon... the friend who eats with a frok puts waaaaay too much sugar over hers, though. I put about a pinch... she piles in something like a teaspoon.

Greenthorn

Cream. Man. Mancream.

*goes off in a trance to find mancream*

*stops*

Trieste?

Trieste. Cream. *ponders*

*cracks up*

Trieste

Greenthorn

Quote from: Trieste on June 10, 2008, 09:01:59 PM
*facepalm*

See what happens when you reel me in?

*shakes head*

You'll never learn!

*grins*

Elvi

Good grief, you heathens know nothing!

You eat them fresh, straight from the plant, preferebly at a 'pick your own' place. One for me, one for the basket, one for me....

(At least that's how beasty has always eaten them, I swear, if they wieghed her in and out, then we'd have to pay a bomb!)

For me, strawberries should be eaten without sugar, why spoil such a wonderful fruit?
Of course, cream really is a must, that's if the strawberries last long enough to have it put on them....*smiles* 
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Cherri Tart

you have your girl friend feed them to you one at a time, plucking them from her fingers carefully, kissing the cream from her fingertips.
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Trieste

Quote from: Elvi on June 11, 2008, 03:12:42 AM
One for me, one for the basket, one for me....

My kind of lady... :)

Airindel

Quote from: HairyHeretic on June 10, 2008, 07:37:44 PM
Fingers  :D

ummm. In full agreement with Hairy on this one. :)

On a note of picking your own strawberries, having them fresh, I have been on certain berry farms where they weigh children...yes, weigh children...on their way into the farm, and out, and charge the grown up for the berries that they ate fresh from the plants.  I was mortified! Talk about spoiling a ritual.
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

ShrowdedPoet

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Ariabella

spoon although admittedly, I never do cream, I just sprinkle sugar and go. Or I did when I could eat those luscious, full, fat, round, sweet yet tart fruits.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Pistol kiss

Spoon. You can load it up with tons of whipped cream and it makes it easer to eat.

LaBelleDame

I've never had strawberries and cream.
It's always been chocolate for me.
In which, I use my fingers.
Pinch them up by their leaves and then dip them into the melted deliciousness.

Though perhaps I'll have to try them fresh sometime. Grab the boy and go strawberry picking.
^_^
I really should get me one of these.

Gathering Wilderness

Fingersfingersfingersfingersomnomnomyessssss.
It must be done with fingers, slowly. And I mean royally slow. Slower than molasses trying to roll up hill in a snowstorm. Ooh, goosebumps I say.

Caity