D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms Campaign (No Longer Accepting Apps)

Started by Keelan, September 09, 2010, 11:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ff

Thanks Kunoichi, fun link!

Among its suggestions are Lynxra, about as Thundercatish as it gets, and lynxes are (nonexclusivley) New World (and I liked their coloration pattern better than the spottier jaguars).

Will look up Mystic Ranger...always had fun with ranger spellcasting and wanted a bit more (as Keelan knows from another game, I like to use pearls of power to give them more spells).

Kunoichi

I'm glad you liked it. ^^

The Mystic Ranger gains the Combat Styles and the Endurance feat one level later than normal, and the Favored Enemies at a lessened rate, and is only proficient with all simple weapons, martial ranged weapons, and light armor.  So, among your backup weapon choices, you'd have to trade in that Greatsword for something else, and you wouldn't get that 3rd Favored Enemy selection yet even with Swift Hunter, but Spellcraft would become a class skill if you wanted to take it and you'd get the following in spells per day at CL 8:

0th - 4
1st - 3
2nd - 3
3rd - 2
4th - 1

I hope that you like what you find when you look it up. ;D

ff

Oh, sounds very interesting, thanks. (Hopefully I'd be able to dig it up, but, are the orisons the same as the druid list?) Spells are fun. A spear would make a suitable alternative to a greatsword for her.

Kunoichi

The 0th-level spells are Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Flare, Guidance, Know Direction, Light, Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance and Virtue.  They also get access to 5th-level spells, but the list on that is Awaken, Baleful Polymorph, Cure Critical Wounds, Control Winds, Summon Nature's Ally V and Wall of Thorns, and it'll be two levels before you gain access to those anyway. ^^;

As for digging up a copy, I may be able to PM you a helpful link...  Alternately, if you managed to snag a copy of the Classes pdf from Crystalkeep before it was taken down, they Mystic Ranger was on there as a Ranger variant.  It should be possible to get a copy on the Internet Wayback Machine, if you know what you're looking for.

Zaer Darkwail

Also consider my char can shapeshift his bow to greatsword so spear using another 'scout' would create more variety :). Also spear sounds more tribal weapon than greatsword.

ff

Oh, I meant to ask, Zaer - where was the 'bowstaff' or 'bowsword' you used from? Needless to say it sounds pretty handy for an archer.

Zaer Darkwail

Races of the Wild. There is 'bowstaff' also but specifically the item is called swordbow. It basically allows transform your bow into sword (type depends type of bow your using) as swift action. Transforming back was similar action. Catch is that if you enchant bow better you must enchant your sword also. Also sword cannot use same enchants as bow uses so instead 'distance' your sword could have 'throwing'. But if enchant can be in both weapons then both weapons have it. Types are;

Shortbow=Shortsword (or rapier?)
Longbow=Longsword
Composite Longbow=Greatsword

Also visual thematic effect sword shares some visual traits from bow and vice versa. Example sword handle would present bow's top half.

ff

Quote from: Kunoichi on September 16, 2010, 02:36:33 AM
The 0th-level spells are Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Flare, Guidance, Know Direction, Light, Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance and Virtue.  They also get access to 5th-level spells, but the list on that is Awaken, Baleful Polymorph, Cure Critical Wounds, Control Winds, Summon Nature's Ally V and Wall of Thorns, and it'll be two levels before you gain access to those anyway. ^^;

As for digging up a copy, I may be able to PM you a helpful link...  Alternately, if you managed to snag a copy of the Classes pdf from Crystalkeep before it was taken down, they Mystic Ranger was on there as a Ranger variant.  It should be possible to get a copy on the Internet Wayback Machine, if you know what you're looking for.

Thanks! Sounds like I have enough to reconstruct it, but I'll probably dig around for it later...

Kunoichi

*does a little digging of her own and doesn't have much luck*

It's mostly the same as the regular Ranger. ^^; If you have trouble finding it, just PM me and I'll type up the full details of it for you.  Copying over the table shouldn't be too difficult...

Keelan

Alright, I'm going to be (hopefully) starting up the OOC thread shortly, and the IC thread by this evening if everything goes well.  Those that I have chosen for the game, or those that I shall choose if one or more rejects my invitation, have received or shall receive (in the latter case of previous rejections) a PM from me telling you you have been selected for the party I'm putting together.

If you have not or will not... I'm sorry; everyone made good characters, but I can't take you all in for the game as I know it would turn into a massive train-wreck VERY quickly having to coordinate 7-9 different activities... again if you were not selected.

I am now going to be locking this thread, as it has, essentially, served it's purpose fully.  Thank you all that applied, and I hope my games, as well as your games, all go exceptionally well ^_^