I have an itch

Started by Mistiq, May 03, 2007, 10:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistiq

It's kind wierd, makes me feel slightly green. [And that saids something considering I am pretty dark. I am not that coal-colored by I am not high yellow either. I'm like the color of Grabrielle Union.] I want certain things don't make much sense. You be the judges...

1. I want to RP with a "See No Evil"/Kane type villan. I am not sure what the setting or plot would be for this but I am sure with can think of something.

Aside from that I need to come out of my shell abit. Put my ideas out there more, put myself out there more...  Anyways other  areas I wanted to explore are as follows:
Myself as the following
A Vampyre
A Drug-user
A Male (I'm not horrible by I need to improve)
A Member of Race Outside My Own

More to come I need to think...

Zaer Darkwail

I asume whit 'Kane' you mean 'Kain' from Blood Omen (or Blood Omen 2 or soul reaver 1&2). Or do you mean the bible version of 'Kane' (the forsaken son of Adam and Eve who killed his own brother in jealousy and was dammed and according some myths becomed first vampire).

Just curious what exactly you meanted :). But if you want try out new things how sounds a elf (or half-elf) who was seduced by vampire and turned into one then (not in gory fashion but 'pleasant' way) and then vampire who seduced her becomes her mentor to her new life (and so becoming her 'sire').

We can be in futuristic or in modern setting but also in fantasy setting also if your intrested try it. Also your char can be narcotic user of drugs and haves not got rid of her addiction even as vampire.

Just my suggestions and ideas :).

schnookums

Actually, she probably meant Kane the WWE wrestler, who starred as the villain in the horror movie "See no Evil"

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, I did not know that :). Well that explains things. I had not see the movie but would she mean she would like scene whit muscular rough/scary guy who wears a mask (sorry if this sounds dumb :P)?

Mistiq

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 04, 2007, 06:18:13 AM
I asume whit 'Kane' you mean 'Kain' from Blood Omen (or Blood Omen 2 or soul reaver 1&2). Or do you mean the bible version of 'Kane' (the forsaken son of Adam and Eve who killed his own brother in jealousy and was dammed and according some myths becomed first vampire).

Just curious what exactly you meanted :). But if you want try out new things how sounds a elf (or half-elf) who was seduced by vampire and turned into one then (not in gory fashion but 'pleasant' way) and then vampire who seduced her becomes her mentor to her new life (and so becoming her 'sire').

We can be in futuristic or in modern setting but also in fantasy setting also if your intrested try it. Also your char can be narcotic user of drugs and haves not got rid of her addiction even as vampire.

Just my suggestions and ideas :).
That all seems really interesting. That says a helluva lot considering the game reference you made went complete over my head. Those al sound like something I could do well although I understand very little about elves in terms of anything.(The christmas elves are the only ones I've had pleasant experiences with.) Oh and I am not squimish at all, you can try and scare me if you want. (Personally fear is hard for me to write but I don't know fear of another person) Both those I'd consider trying, if you don't mind giving me an Elfin 101 course for one.

Mistiq

Quote from: schnookums on May 04, 2007, 07:05:37 AM
Actually, she probably meant Kane the WWE wrestler, who starred as the villain in the horror movie "See no Evil"
Yeah that was what I meant orginally. (Hence why I fit slightly green when I got the idea.) There is strange attraction to idea of creepy, bulky, psycho with a hook and chain.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 04, 2007, 07:11:10 AM
Ah, I did not know that :). Well that explains things. I had not see the movie but would she mean she would like scene whit muscular rough/scary guy who wears a mask (sorry if this sounds dumb :P)?
No, dumb is as dumb does. I completely understand, and something good came for your misunderstanding.

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, okay :). Nice that I gived some ideas. Anycase few facts of basic fantasy elf;

-They can live up centuries but they dont never make wrinkles
-They have pointed ears (and add from Elven Maids vs Barbarians game which is still on site, or just as generall 'adult' idea about them) and the ear tips are sexually sensitive spot
-(from Elven Maiden vs Barbarian) the elven women have two hymens and it is tabboo for breaking both in elven society. Most women who break both are considered outcasts.
-Elves are naturally tied to wonders of nature and magic. So shortly said tree hugging wannabe mages naturalist attitude :P. So many elves like to be outdoors and often have magicall abilities or spells.
-Elven women are slender and less curvier than most human females (but many break the rule description and give them large breasts which look larger when consider their generall body frame. So it does not matter really).
-Most generic devotion most elves are good or neutral in world view, some can be surprising cruel to treecutters or those who have killed elves.
-Elves hair and eye color are common colors found in the forests. Like hair can be green while eyes can be dark red like rose petals.
-Both female and male elves dont possess pubic hair besides their eye brows and hair.

Then the details vary what fantasy world we are using or what variant of elf. Examply drow have alot different details from generic elf besides looks (they are ebony skinned elves whit white hair and have red, purple or topaz colored eyes). Anycase I hope this helps understand the elves at surface wise but there are alot of details regarding their psykology.

-Elves tend focus on long term goals, it's naturall when consider that invidual lives centuries. So examply they dont make or buy things which are used completely in less than a day if that is not item's purpose.
-Elves dont like things which are ugly, non-gracefull or brutish, destructive or evil in behavior. Orcs (think Lord of the Rings orcs) fit to this description so they naturally dislike/hate them.
-Elves are often sexually free spirited among their own kind but they are less 'free spirited' among other races. It is well known fact that human and elf union makes half-elves which dont belong to neither world and elves view it as waste of life (altough they are fascinated about them and humans and some elves take human lovers because they bring out 'fresh wind' to daily relationships often but watch out for pregnancy).
-By defination elves dislike any unnaturall things like necromancy, undead, mutantic beings or something which corrupts and changes. Elves like changes but not those which cause harm to anything living being (and they consider trees and plants as living beings and so also animals).
-Elves can be slow in change in lifestyle wise but elves are sometimes unpredictable in personality and behavior.

And it gets more complicated after those things, but I hope this gives idea how elves behave. Also good way to learn something about them is to observe games which have elves. But in truth elves can be unic in personality and behavior and many break many 'standard' rulings of generic fantasy elves. So good mix for standard player controlled elf is 'bit standard, bit twisted standards and rest own mix'. So, there can be elves who love plants and trees more than standard elf but despises any magic which tries transmute or change trees or animals (including fellow elves using the spells) but sexually they are very active and take any partners as they wish (even going so far as taking orc lovers to shock other elves).

Mistiq

Really? If that's the case, I have a lot in common with these "elven creatures." I think am going to wait on using one though. I am going do what you said and read around. (Hopeful I won't become high confused.)

Vandren

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 05, 2007, 03:29:41 AM
Anycase few facts of basic fantasy elf;

(1) They can live up centuries but they dont never make wrinkles
(2) They have pointed ears (and add from Elven Maids vs Barbarians game which is still on site, or just as generall 'adult' idea about them) and the ear tips are sexually sensitive spot
(3) (from Elven Maiden vs Barbarian) the elven women have two hymens and it is tabboo for breaking both in elven society. Most women who break both are considered outcasts.
(4) Elves are naturally tied to wonders of nature and magic. So shortly said tree hugging wannabe mages naturalist attitude :P. So many elves like to be outdoors and often have magicall abilities or spells.
(5) Elven women are slender and less curvier than most human females (but many break the rule description and give them large breasts which look larger when consider their generall body frame. So it does not matter really).
(6) Most generic devotion most elves are good or neutral in world view, some can be surprising cruel to treecutters or those who have killed elves.
(7) Elves hair and eye color are common colors found in the forests. Like hair can be green while eyes can be dark red like rose petals.
( 8 ) Both female and male elves dont possess pubic hair besides their eye brows and hair.
(9) Elves tend focus on long term goals, it's naturall when consider that invidual lives centuries. So examply they dont make or buy things which are used completely in less than a day if that is not item's purpose.
(10) Elves dont like things which are ugly, non-gracefull or brutish, destructive or evil in behavior. Orcs (think Lord of the Rings orcs) fit to this description so they naturally dislike/hate them.
(11) Elves are often sexually free spirited among their own kind but they are less 'free spirited' among other races. It is well known fact that human and elf union makes half-elves which dont belong to neither world and elves view it as waste of life (altough they are fascinated about them and humans and some elves take human lovers because they bring out 'fresh wind' to daily relationships often but watch out for pregnancy).
(12) By defination elves dislike any unnaturall things like necromancy, undead, mutantic beings or something which corrupts and changes. Elves like changes but not those which cause harm to anything living being (and they consider trees and plants as living beings and so also animals).
(13) Elves can be slow in change in lifestyle wise but elves are sometimes unpredictable in personality and behavior.

Actually, virtually all of this is setting specific.  For instance, only numbers 1, 4, 6, 10, and 13 apply to Tolkien.  Well, plus the pointed ears.  #8 might, but there's no evidence either way in his work.  Only numbers 1 and 6 apply, in general, to TSR's AD&D Elves.  Only #1 applies to Steve Jackson's interpretation of Elves.  And only #1 applies to the British Isles fae (whom fantasy Elves were developed from).  Only #1 applies to Nordic Elves (whom Tolkien's were partially based on).  And J. K. Rowling's only have #1 too.  Terry Pratchett's don't really have any of these apply to them, but then they're based solely on the British Isles' fae.  They don't really apply to Spenser's Elves either (see The Faerie Queene).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Vandren

Looking through the bottom list, I could be interested in playing a Vamp's minion or desired catch.  I've been toying with trying a sub character again.  Though playing an older (or equal) Vamp across from her could be interesting too.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Zaer Darkwail

Well, most of my list have been noticed quirks from elven characthers in varied novels and movies  where I have seen them so all of the listed things dont apply to single elf likely :P.

Anycase I would not mind if I would play master vampire while you playing a older minion Vandren, asuming that Mistig is okay whit it.

Jester

Mistiq

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 05, 2007, 07:21:30 PM
Well, most of my list have been noticed quirks from elven characthers in varied novels and movies  where I have seen them so all of the listed things dont apply to single elf likely :P.

Anycase I would not mind if I would play master vampire while you playing a older minion Vandren, asuming that Mistig is okay whit it.
I have no complicants. Just somebody summerize what we just agreed to in the first post of where it is this would appear.

Mistiq

Zaer Darkwail

Well, it is mostly 'ladies first' deal when it comes starting the thread but I can make the starting thread. So we agreed on following;

-Roles; Master Vampire (me), elf maid (mistig) and vampire minion (Vandren)
-Elf maid becomes seduced and turned into vampire and so becomes servant/follower to master vampire who will become her mentor to her new life as vampire
-Elf is addicted to something, being 'drug user'

I wonder still what time frame this all happen? I quess in classical fantasy setting or do we go modified modern era where elves, gnomes etc live in it? Similar to Arcanum game setting perhaps?

Vandren

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 05, 2007, 07:21:30 PMWell, most of my list have been noticed quirks from elven characthers in varied novels and movies  where I have seen them so all of the listed things dont apply to single elf likely :P.

Yep.  I based the response on Tolkien, Terry Pratchett, Rowling, de Lint, Spenser, Steven Brust, etc. (all novelists, or poets in Spenser's case).  :)

QuoteAnycase I would not mind if I would play master vampire while you playing a older minion Vandren, asuming that Mistig is okay whit it.

Ah, I was under the impression of one-on-one . . .

(Whatever works out, I'll be offline and out of town until Sunday the 13th, probably not online again until Monday morning)

Mistiq

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 07, 2007, 01:16:11 AM
Well, it is mostly 'ladies first' deal when it comes starting the thread but I can make the starting thread. So we agreed on following;

-Roles; Master Vampire (me), elf maid (mistig) and vampire minion (Vandren)
-Elf maid becomes seduced and turned into vampire and so becomes servant/follower to master vampire who will become her mentor to her new life as vampire
-Elf is addicted to something, being 'drug user'

I wonder still what time frame this all happen? I quess in classical fantasy setting or do we go modified modern era where elves, gnomes etc live in it? Similar to Arcanum game setting perhaps?
Only thing I think that sense Elves can are all about protecting the nature and such, my character being a half elf and half human makes playing character addicted to substances all which won't come form the earth easier as I see it. In turns of setting, I think could do the modifed modern thing. To make more interesting maybe the fantastic beings aren't completely excepted in this society or something, thus giving most a good reason to be a part of  a sub-culture and the associated problems.

I would like it to be a three person game, it would be more interesting that way, I don't mind waiting to begin, I need time to think of this little druggie of mine full.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here is the link for the game; https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9792.0

Feel free to post your description of your char, appartment etc. I lefted many details vaque because mostly the setting is like everyday life expect we have basic fantasy races coexchisting alongside whit humans. I hope New York as city is ok altough I have not much idea of it's looks besides from movies :P.