Interest Check. Zombies.

Started by TheHangedOne, April 09, 2010, 08:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIAR

Quote from: jayline on April 12, 2010, 04:26:04 PM
Awww man, there's already a nerd character here, any chance this one can get in too?

At least when Charlie mutters "unfreakinbelievable!" while killing Zombies, someone will get it =]

TheHangedOne

Quote from: jayline on April 12, 2010, 04:26:04 PM
Awww man, there's already a nerd character here, any chance this one can get in too?
Approved.

Quote from: Urbanzorro on April 12, 2010, 04:49:56 PM
Here's my proposed character: Hopefully it meets with your approval
Approved.

Quote from: phoenix1111 on April 12, 2010, 05:19:38 PM
Anymore room for another guy? I'm very interested I this haha and wouldnwant to play an older( 36ish) gentleman whose
profession being in the medical field
Although I'd like to see the sexes somewhat balanced, sure, go for it. :D
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

jayline

Quote from: Your Akina on April 12, 2010, 06:23:16 PM
At least when Charlie mutters "unfreakinbelievable!" while killing Zombies, someone will get it =]

I think a running riot would be better for zombie killing: you only get one respawn, and it's not pretty.

Untamed Skies

Just a update on Justin found a proper pic for him:

Also, I just was playing Dead Rising and realized no one though of psychopaths. Would that be something you'd be interested in? I could help pick up one or two to deal with later.

jayline

So how bad is this outbreak? Are all the people just now finding out about it, or has it been going on for a while?

Odin

Quote from: jayline on April 13, 2010, 02:47:22 PM
So how bad is this outbreak? Are all the people just now finding out about it, or has it been going on for a while?

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 10, 2010, 12:02:13 PM
On an unrelated note, the game is going to start pre-zombies, to give everyone time to establish their characters ins and outs, for friendships to be forged, etc.  I'll not spoil when the shit hits the fan, though.

TheHangedOne

:) Thanks, Odin.  And Untamed, yes, later on, if you'd like to, you can play a psychopath. Regardless of whether or not anyone does decide to play an antagonist, I do have hostile human encounters planned at some point. :D Zombies aren't the only threat, you know!
Check out my poet tree!

jayline

Thanks Odin! Should we be noticing any strange activity or news reports, or will that stuff get hammered out in game? Just want to make sure I don't screw up your planned chronology.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: jayline on April 13, 2010, 04:38:46 PM
Thanks Odin! Should we be noticing any strange activity or news reports, or will that stuff get hammered out in game? Just want to make sure I don't screw up your planned chronology.
It'll get hammered out in game. As is, expect the first week or so of roleplaying to be free of the threat of zombies. As I mentioned earlier, I'd like to see people establish their characters as (not-so-)ordinary citizens before they become Zombie Apocalypse Survivors.  When the shit hits the fan, though, their will be a special news broadcast to let people know. :)
Check out my poet tree!

LIAR

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Your Akina on April 13, 2010, 06:54:20 PM
When will we be starting?

I'm going to wait until this Thursday, and then we'll get the ball rolling then, if that's cool with everyone?
Check out my poet tree!

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

LIAR

Sounds fantastic! I can stop spamchecking this thread in eager anticipation now =D

Odin

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 13, 2010, 07:25:23 PM
I'm going to wait until this Thursday, and then we'll get the ball rolling then, if that's cool with everyone?

Thursday? What time zone is thursday?

Also, I was thinking of a Prison Inmate or something of the sorts... If there are still spots.

Rachubka

Hope this is alright and I'm not too late! I just can't resist zombie RPs.

Name: Liane Schaefer

Sex: Female

Education: High school diploma, part-time college in marketing

Job: Part-time student, part-time waitress at the fanciest restaurant in town.

Personal skills: Athletic, can wait tables and schmooze like nobody's business, affinity for marketing / business.

Equipment: Anything found in a restaurant kitchen. A 2006 Honda Accord, 2-door.

Personality blurb: Liane is not a dumb girl by any means, but has to take college slow as it is a real financial strain on herself and her family. She is a sweet talker as it is part of her job description and because of all the compliments and looks she gets while working, she really knows that she is pretty. The young woman is a little slow on the uptake of well thought out jokes, however, leaving for some awkward moments when she's working. Never has truly been in any stressful situations and would likely be a firecracker when pressured.

History blurb: Liane was just a small town girl. Her childhood was far from lonely as her parents were incredibly supportive and her neighbourhood was full of children her age. Miskatonic was a bit of a hell hole but anyone who really lived in it didn't mind. When she came of age she moved out of the city like anyone else her age to pursue some sort of higher level education. Despite a scholarship softball, her finances couldn't pull through and Liane was forced to have her education take a back seat while she got all of her green in order.

Being back after two years away from Miskatonic had put Liane in a weird mood. She really didn't know anyone anymore as they'd moved on and she felt like a stranger in her own home. Not wanting to think about it to deeply, she applied for a waitress job at Florentino's, an Italian restaurant on the higher end of the pricing spectrum. For a fishery city, the people really do eat well. And tip, too.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Odin on April 14, 2010, 10:31:01 AM
Thursday? What time zone is thursday?

Also, I was thinking of a Prison Inmate or something of the sorts... If there are still spots.
Eastern standard time. Tomorrow, around noon~ish.

And if you want to, sure, though that means you'll be stuck in jail for the beginning (maybe your convict is working on an escape tunnel, though? :) Just a thought.)

Quote from: Rachubka on April 14, 2010, 10:42:59 AM
Hope this is alright and I'm not too late! I just can't resist zombie RPs.
Approved.

for anyone else considering joining: Their's still room left, but once the roleplaying starts, I may not allow others to join. So today's pretty much the last day I'll be allowing people to post their characters.
Check out my poet tree!

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Odin

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 14, 2010, 11:48:28 AM
Eastern standard time. Tomorrow, around noon~ish.

There IS such a thing as AEST. Australian Eastern Standard Time.

But I know what you mean, I'm good with timezones.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Odin on April 14, 2010, 02:29:12 PM
There IS such a thing as AEST. Australian Eastern Standard Time.

But I know what you mean, I'm good with timezones.
And AEST would be different than EST, right? Or is Eastern Standard Time abbreviated something else? I mean that seriously, I suck with time zones.
Check out my poet tree!

Odin

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 14, 2010, 05:30:08 PM
And AEST would be different than EST, right? Or is Eastern Standard Time abbreviated something else? I mean that seriously, I suck with time zones.

AEST it +11 hours, I believe.

TheHangedOne

Thanks. And apologies to everyone for being a bit late to get things going.

Here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=66215.0 is the OOC thread.
Here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=66216.0 is the play thread.

If anybody else would like to join at the last minute, I'm keeping the registration window open for 24 more hours.  If anybody playing loses a character and would like to make replacement, that's groovy. If anyone posted in this thread, or PMed me, wanting to join, and didn't submit a character yet, I'll be giving you one week to do so.  I hope that's not too jerk~ish.

And sorry if I'm doing things differently than what is normal for E. This is my first time creating an RP, and I wasn't really sure how to go about it on here.
Check out my poet tree!

Odin

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 15, 2010, 12:43:36 PM
If anybody else would like to join at the last minute, I'm keeping the registration window open for 24 more hours.  If anybody playing loses a character and would like to make replacement, that's groovy. If anyone posted in this thread, or PMed me, wanting to join, and didn't submit a character yet, I'll be giving you one week to do so.  I hope that's not too jerk~ish.

Jerk.

I'm joking of course. No intro post, though? I'll get my character done ASAP.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Odin on April 15, 2010, 12:47:14 PM
Jerk.

I'm joking of course. No intro post, though? I'll get my character done ASAP.
I made an intro post, giving a brief description of things... a bit too brief, but I hope it will suffice.
Check out my poet tree!

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Okay, I gotta pop myself in at last minute. I'm gonna take a look and see what's what and who's playing who, but Zombie RP sounds interesting, particularly on a forum where 'oh my god we're all gonna die' sex might break out..." Chuckle.

"Okay, okay, let me take a look and I'll be back with an idea."

EDIT: "Hmm... everyone seems to be a stand up, pleasant type of citizen, people who want to help people..."

Name: William Lin, aka 'Jien'

Sex: Male

Education: High School Drop Out
Job: Nothing Stable, William does odd jobs on occasion, and has gotten in trouble with the law for the various ways he makes money, but he's done a good job of avoiding prison, so far

Personal Skills: Jien is strong, though in the way someone constantly dealing with low-lifes and cops might be, and has taken his share of abuse, physical and emotional. Jien is not formally trained in anything, he has always been kind of a Jack-of-all-Trades, and while he'll definitely make mistakes, he can learn to do many things after just a few mistakes. Jien has never fired a gun, but he does keep a few sharpened blades at home, like any good sociopath, and he knows that anything sharp enough can kill someone with some well applied force.
Equipment: Jien keeps a multi-tool (aka pliers, screwdrivers, knives, not quite a swiss army knife) on him at all times, and has a laptop and cell phone which are paid for by his less than honest jobs. He lives in a pretty crappy apartment, which has just the bare minimums needed to live, other than his sword (which he uses to entertain his sociopathic and misanthropic fantasies).

History and Personality: Jien was born in an unpleasant household, with an abusive father and a bipolar mother. His mother was practically a mail order bride (a woman his father met on a business trip to China and ended up returning home with), and his father drove her to suicide. Will spent much of his life blissfully ignorant, until the fights got worse. Then he started to change, become sociopathic, and after his mother's death, and his father turned his anger and abuse to the only person left, Will 'changed' his name to Jien (a rough pronunciation of part of the Mandarin word for knife or dagger), so that his full name (his last name taken from his mother because his parents were not actually married) would reflect his mother's culture.

After he dropped out of high school, he got involved with crime, and one day, Jien was dragged home by the police. After the cops left, his father started to beat him and scream, and Jien finally had it... The actual events that transpired are not known, but through technicalities (Jien being 17 at the time, the cops having been close enough to return to the scene and see Jien's bruises and hear some of the altercation, and Jien's father dying later in the hospital), Jien was released, with some court mandated anger management and therapy, and a few other minor penalties that have since been cleared.

The money left to him was substantial enough to allow Jien to lead his cheap, shoddy lifestyle, with support from his various jobs. However, Jien stays out of the public eye much the of time, as the details of his case may not be known, but the same is not true of the consequences. Jien, while a sociopath and a misanthrope, is actually a compassionate person, if he feels someone has earned his respect and trust. However, his jaded view on life, and his lifestyle growing up makes him a rare and dangerous person, someone who has no respect for law or authority, and is neither afraid of death, nor concerned with the prospect of killing (so long as he can reasonably justify it).

Jien does not have any real friends, just 'associates' and people he talks to online. He goes out at night and has one-night stands to satisfy his desire for interpersonal contact, but these often depress him more. He is interested in psychology and philosophy, but not as studies or sciences in any way, he dislikes the concept that people or the world can be analyzed and broken down. His train of thought is interesting, in that he can perform a task a thousand tims with the same outcome, and still think that at any given time, that outcome might change (in a relevant example, he might find that zombies are killed by destroying the brain, and keep doing that, but he may continue to attempt new techniques or 'finish off' his enemies in case something changes for any reason). Jien believes in one important truth, the only thing that one can know for sure is that one knows nothing for sure...

---------------------------

"This character definitely has a bit of me in him, but all to relative extremes, I think he will definitely be interesting."

("Also, approved or not, a place where the profiles can all be in the same place would be nice, if not here, in a specific thread just for that, particularly if you want them to stay updated. It's hard for me to remember who's who just skimming posts. I keep forgetting what I've read... I like the idea of updated profiles, but they should be organized without a bunch of conversation in between."

"This is just a piece of advice, even if I'm not in, to help you and the other players keep the characters organized.")
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on April 16, 2010, 02:58:52 AM
EDIT: "Hmm... everyone seems to be a stand up, pleasant type of citizen, people who want to help people..."
("Also, approved or not, a place where the profiles can all be in the same place would be nice, if not here, in a specific thread just for that, particularly if you want them to stay updated. It's hard for me to remember who's who just skimming posts. I keep forgetting what I've read... I like the idea of updated profiles, but they should be organized without a bunch of conversation in between."
"This is just a piece of advice, even if I'm not in, to help you and the other players keep the characters organized.")
Approved. Should make for some interesting group dynamics if he gets together with the other survivors.  As far as crime goes, it's minor, but present in Miskatonic. People might get beat up, stuff gets stolen, but outright murder is incredibly rare, and likely to get a TON of attention. Just an FYI.

Also, good point. I was just thinking we could keep this thread for the character sheets, but if it sounds like a good idea to the others, I could put up a post that's only for the sheets.  It would be easier that way, but I'm putting it to a vote.
Check out my poet tree!