News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

LoK or ATLA based RP. Original Characters only.

Started by Skygate, March 06, 2013, 04:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skygate

I'm looking for a one on one or perhaps group RP set in the world of Avatar the Last Airbender or Legend of Korra. I prefer every character involved to be an OC, but I'm not against mention of cannon characters. It seems one-on-one is the best way to go, with both players potentially playing numerous characters.

I prefer literate roleplayers, but I don't demand a huge post from you. Maybe a paragraph or two. I'm a nice guy (sometimes) and I'd love to just discuss the series or take some time fleshing out some ideas for an RP in that world. Let me know!

agentlemanwithadream

Sounds interesting enough, I would like to get some other people involved but if no one speaks up I wouldn't be opposed to playing multiple characters.

Corbin

I have two Avatar stories one before Aang and the other is a Legend of Korra roleplay.

If you both are interested in hearing them, let me know please. :D

agentlemanwithadream

I am! Unfortunately, I don't know where the author of this thread is.

Corbin

Okay, which would you rather hear about?

I personally like the one, where I play the avatar and that one is set pre-Aang but Equalists are just now forming and all that good stuff.

Vespers

I watched the 12 Legend of Korra episodes a while back, I liked the setting/environment but I wouldn't consider myself a complete geek. I wouldn't mind wiki'ing a bit to make an OC though. Korra is definitively a model character for me :3 <3 (though unless asked to make an OC similar to her, I might go with something different too)
This wrestle of tugging and pushing, feeling the slightest touch or the smallest absence of it, these contrasts of warmth and shivers...

agentlemanwithadream

Quote from: Corbin on April 08, 2013, 11:39:45 PM
Okay, which would you rather hear about?

I personally like the one, where I play the avatar and that one is set pre-Aang but Equalists are just now forming and all that good stuff.

Why not both?

Quote from: Vespers on April 11, 2013, 07:59:40 PM
I watched the 12 Legend of Korra episodes a while back, I liked the setting/environment but I wouldn't consider myself a complete geek. I wouldn't mind wiki'ing a bit to make an OC though. Korra is definitively a model character for me :3 <3 (though unless asked to make an OC similar to her, I might go with something different too)

I would definitely say go ahead and wiki some more! I'm a total A:TLA geek so I'm excited that some interest is forming. I have some basic characters that I RP'ed with in the past that I would probably just pull out.

Corbin

Here They Are:
The Story:

The Legend of Li Shang Wu.

Before Avatar Aang and his successor Korra, there were many more. Recorded history, however, has a trail that fades away whilst tracing back in time. Going backwards, before Avatars Roku, Kyoshi, Kuruk, Yangchen and the unnamed Magma Bender, the Avatar Spirit was within an Earthbending host. This is hundreds of years before Aang triggered the Avatar State that would freeze him in a glacier for Sokka and Katara to find. Hundreds of years before Korra was even conceived.

I take you back before recorded history in the world of Avatar faded away to the memories of the dead lurking the Spirit World. Dragons have not been hunted to near extinction, and the Air Nomads did not yet fall victim to the wrathful genocide the Fire Nation would inflict hundreds of years later. The world is at peace, or perhaps I have spoken too soon? The previous Avatar has passed away, and the new host has been chosen. Li Shang Wu(the current Avatar) is the new host. At the time of his birth, to eighteen year later to when our RP will take place, the world has been threatened. An unknown villain has lead a force assumed to be chi blockers to destroy benders. They have gone to villages and towns to "purify" the gene pools. They, however, leave the leaders alive and, instead, removing their ability to bend. If you've nostalgia to the Legend of Korra, think again. It is said that a powerful chi blocker has mastered an ancient, forgotten art and is out to not destroy only the Avatar Spirit, but the nobilities and councils of the four nations so that the ancient art could again be dominant. And they are training more to fuel this unjust cause.

-----
Republic City, Avatar Aang’s dream, where benders and non-benders of every nation can gather and live together in peace. Seventy years ago, he began his work for it, and now, Republic City is the hub for the world. Benders and non-benders live alongside each other in the sprawling metropolis that represents the best technology, the summit of fashion and design, and the height of all things in the world.

It is also one of the most corrupt, dangerous places in the world. The Triple Threat Triad. The Police Force. Everything just under the surface of Republic City reeks of the same rotten fruit of backroom deals and greased hands that the other great cities of the world do. Republic City is far from a safe haven for all – the gangs extort money, muggers stalk the nighttime streets, and now, Equalists roam with relative impunity, striking quickly with chi-blocking attacks, temporarily taking away the bending of any bender they come into contention with.

But if one turns a blind eye, Republic City is a haven. The problems are only there if you look. And some people prefer not to look. They prefer to go to the Pro Bending Arena and watch matches there, or to the gardens, or to any number of the attractions of the City and just forget about the strife, the problems, the gangs and the Equalists.

The problem remains.

And without the new Avatar, a water bender missing from the ruckus, the City will have to deal with this messy situation all on their own.