Salem, 1692 [Complete] -- The Witches Win!

Started by Valerian, July 08, 2009, 10:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

It seems to be a spring day like any other in Andover, a tiny village not far from Salem.  The air is damp and still chilly this morning, the sun barely managing to peep through the clouds.  The crops are not doing well, and some are already uneasy at the prospect of a very hungry winter this year.

Some blame simple mischance for this bad news, as well as for some of the other problems the village has faced of late: cows refusing to give milk, fewer calves and foals and lambs being born, and several strange illnesses among the villagers.  But others blame something else: witchcraft.  Some whisper to each other of sorcerers in their midst, of witches and others who consort with demons for their own nefarious purposes.

Still, there is no proof of such things, of course.  Until this morning.

Goody Sarah Williams, a widow and the town's seamstress, has been found dead!  She was alone in her little house, apparently working away on a dress for another matron of the town, when witchcraft struck her dead, leaving her stiff and unnaturally cold, even given the chill of the weather.  Strange marks on her arms seem to be from wickedly curved claws, and strong men were said to have turned pale at the sight.

There are 3 Sorcerers, 1 Town Preacher, 1 Confidante, and 5 Villagers.

• Duncan
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Saku
  • Silk Satine
  • Sir Desan
  • Teno

Town Constable (1) (elected)
Ability: In the event of a tie during votes, the constable chooses which person will meet their end.

Witches (3)
Ability: Can choose to remove one (1) villager each night.
Goal: To kill the villagers and take over the town. A minimum of two (2) Witches must survive in order to win.

Preacher (1)
Ability: Can choose to save one (1) villager each night. If the chosen villager was also voted to be killed by the witches, that villager will not die.  The Preacher can protect him or herself once each game.
Goal: To kill all the witches and survive.

Confidante (1)
Ability: Can choose to have one (1) player's role revealed privately to him/her each night, from the storyteller (Valerian).
Goal: To kill all the witches and survive.

Villagers
Villagers hope to kill all the Witches via the lottery and survive.

Any player can lie, deceive, or mislead as much as they think they can get away with, all in the name of having fun.  Please don't quote anything directly from any PMs you might send or receive regarding the game; but any information you might get that way can be repeated in your own words as much as you like.

The traditional day/night cycle will remain.  The first night, one of the Villagers (an NPC) will die!  The next day, the players will vote on a character to be removed.  Please put the name you are voting for in bold.  Votes can be changed up until the last vote is received.

Each night, another will die at the hands of the witches, unless the preacher happens to intervene.

Please do not vote to lynch yourself.

The Preacher has the option to protect him/herself only once during each game. 

The Sorcerers will all know each other, but no one else will be sure who to trust.  Can the Villagers discover those who dare to use dark magics, before those evil influences take over the town?  Or will the Devil's minions take over this place?
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Ryven pulls his cart up to Goody Williams' house to make his morning delivery of baked goods.  He finds the woman dead and cold on the floor.

"What witchcraft is this?!"  He yells before fleeing the house to alert the others.

LadySky

LadySky kneads her morning dough while watching her 5 little ones run around scuffing her freshly cleaning floors. A small smile cracks the corners of her mouth for though she may harp upon her children for the ruckus they cause she privately cherishes the noise and laughter that fill the rooms of her home. Growing up an only child was terribly lonely, something she was pleased her little ones would never experience. Suddenly she realized that number 6 was currently about to make her loose her breakfast and she sped out the kitchen door to gain privacy.

Once finished with her morning heaving she straightend herself and noticed that she could faintly hear someone yelling a few houses down. Realizing it was Goodman Ryven she quickly entered her kitchen, tied her bonnet firmly upon her head and instructed her eldest son to stay in charge. Once all the complaining was dealt with she marched down to where the fuss was stirring to discover the horror of death awaiting her!

"Dear heavens, God save us all!" she gasp in shock and fear.

Looking around for her dear husband she cried out, "It is time we appointed the constable, this task can no longer be put off! "I have faith in my beloved husband Duncan!"
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Valerian

Current voting (for Town Constable):

Duncan (9) - LadySky, Ryven, Silk Satine, Teno, Saku, Maeven, Sir Desan, Marguerite, Saffron
LadySky (0)
Maeven (0)
Marguerite (0)
Ryven (0)
Saffron (0)
Saku (0)
Silk Satine (0)
Sir Desan (0)
Teno (0)

Yet to vote: Duncan

There are 3 Witches, 1 Town Preacher, 1 Confidante, and 5 Villagers.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

"Quite right, my good lady.  The constable will get to the bottom of this, and I see no reason why Duncan can't do the job."  Ryven said as he walked off to go inform the others.

Solaine

This was a black day in Salem... and fear of the unknown shivered through the household.  Silk lamented the loss of the seamstress, who had not only sewn her clothes but had supplied her with the Parisian underthings on the sly without her father knowing. Oh, a black day indeed! 

A constable must be found, a man strong and ready to delve into this dark mystery.  So she cast her vote for Duncan.
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Teno

Teno wondered what all the fuss was about, until he walked to the square and overheard much talk about murder and witchcraft. He looked around, and saw the faces of people he had known for a long time, wondering if 'they' were among them. He didn't know, and agreed with the need for someone to look out for them, and couldn't decide who would be best suited to protect them, so he simply stuck with the same choice of everyone else and voted for Duncan.

Saku

Saku was one of LadySky's closest friends and she believed that the woman had a good sense of justice and so when LadySky voted for Duncan as Town Constable she nodded and gave her vote to him as well for surely LadySky would not vote for someone who didn't deserve it!
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Maeven

Maeven emerged from her home, weary from her work on the loom. Brushing back a curl of blond hair that had come loose from her scarf, she surveyed the other villagers.  They seemed sure of Duncan's judgment so she put her faith in their hands for the moment.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Desan

*Takes off his hat and scratches his head*

Might as well hop aboard the Duncan train.
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Marguerite

Stretches and eyes the voting, "Duncan it is."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Autumn Sativus

Nodding a bit, she goes with the rest of the group. "Duncan it shall be."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Duncan

Being one of the few at the spot of the crime, Duncan perched over the body and looked at the markings on the skin noting how odd they appeared.  Few of the township were arriving as he spotted his wife and nodded to her, then to the other members as they called out his name.  Sir Desan

Valerian

Final voting (for Town Constable):

Duncan (9) - LadySky, Ryven, Silk Satine, Teno, Saku, Maeven, Sir Desan, Marguerite, Saffron
Sir Desan (1) - Duncan
LadySky (0)
Maeven (0)
Marguerite (0)
Ryven (0)
Saffron (0)
Saku (0)
Silk Satine (0)
Teno (0)

With that, Duncan was officially the Constable of the little town, the people looking to him to help keep them safe during these strange and uneasy times.  But there was still no time to rest.  A killer still lurked among them, and until that person -- or much more likely, persons --was caught, no one would be able to relax.

Another vote must be called, and quickly, to decide who would not live to see the next sunset.

• *Duncan
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Saku
  • Silk Satine
  • Sir Desan
  • Teno

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

Goodie LadySky watches proudly as her dear husband is appointed as the Constable. Finally his talents are being appreciated by this village! With a wide smile upon her glowing face she votes for Teno simply because nobody else seems ready to vote first!

With the dirty work of voting finished LadySky makes her way home to announce to the children they will be throwing a party for their father celebrating his appointment!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Teno

Teno simply smiles at LadySky, even though she voted against him. "I hope you won't go wasting that vote in the end. You never know who's more deserving of it." He looks at each of his fellow villagers, wondering how any could have caused the death of one of their own. He couldn't decide himself, so closed his eyes and put a mark on the paper. He looked, and saw he had marked Ryven's name.

Valerian

Current voting:

Maeven (1) - Ryven
Marguerite (1) - Silk Satine
Ryven (1) - Teno
Saffron (1) - Duncan
Saku (1) - Sir Desan
Teno (1) - LadySky
*Duncan (0)
LadySky (0)
Silk Satine (0)
Sir Desan (0)

Yet to vote: Maeven, Marguerite, Saffron, Saku

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Desan

He turned and pointed an accusing finger at Saku.

"It was her! I saw her dancing in the woods around a small cauldron at night! She bit off the head of a chicken and drank it's blood! She was hexxing Goody!
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Ryven

Ryven sighs and rubs his brow.  "Since everyone else seems to be voting arbitrarily, why not I.  I vote Maeven."

Duncan

Stepping back and looking at the fellow on lookers he picked one that seemed to be hiding in the back not saying much at all. "I believe it is Saffron."

Solaine

Silk fretted.  Choosing the fate of one of her fellow villagers did not sit well with her.  So she decided to choose randomly, as did most of the others.  She voted for Marguerite.
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Autumn Sativus

[[Sorry guys for taking so long. My e-mail notifications aren't working for this thread. x.X;]]

Saffron pondered for a while, listening to the arguments of the rest of the townspeople. She would eventually decide on the most likely story, submitting her vote in for Saku and hoping for the best. She didn't like the idea of having to kill anyone in the ways of testing witches... the innocents would die and the witches would live. It seemed wrong.

"I hope I am not making a mistake by believing your story." she spoke quietly to Desan as she walked past him to join the gathered villagers.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Saku

"Oooh Desan! You are not a Goodman at all! You are a witch, just because you are a man you think it exempts you and people will never think that you are one of them but I have suspected for a long time that you are one of the witches behind this. So my vote is for you."

Saku looked over to Saffron and shook her head sadly.

"Saffron you are making a mistake which you shall soon soon if you end up killing one of the innocents of this village. Your best bet would be served in taking out Sir Desan."
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Marguerite

Marguerite wiped her forehead and wondered who to pick. She should have not slept in and thought about who to vote at the end. Now she had to pick who and each one were likely innocent people as they were witches. Who to pick? Who to pick? Who to pick? While it seems Saku was going to get two votes, she wanted to leave this problem up to the Constable and voted for Teno. "Let the Constable do his job to pick who for it seems we are all confused and guilty."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Maeven

She had been sitting on a stone bench in front of her house when she heard the commotion in the courtyard. Rushing over, she caught the tail end of Desan's accusal.  Something didn't seem right about the whole thing and Maeven decided then that she'd cast her vote for Desan and let the constable sort out the tied votes.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule