News:

Main Menu

Misfits

Started by Callie Del Noire, December 17, 2011, 10:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I watched this show on my Apple TV from BBC America. It's hilarous and I find myself wondering how long till a tame/vanilla version of this makes it's way to the US.

The nutshell synopsis is 5 20-somethings in London who are on community service and get struck by lightning in a freak storm. And gain superpowers (of a sort). The socially awkward guy who turns invisible. The Cav girl who reads minds. The party girl who induces hypersexual frenzy to anyone she touches. The would be Olympian who turns back time when he experiences regret (which made breaking up with one girl REALLY amusing) and the smart mouthed Irish guy who spends most of the first season trying to get his powers.

Saerrael

Darn, my mind took me back to the 80s when I read this title.

Bad girls from the Jem cartoon.

Callie Del Noire

yeah..cause it's far better than bad 80s commercial cartoons.

Misfits | E4

Saerrael

*chuckles* I think that depends on taste. ;)

Callie Del Noire

SammyWa

there has been word of a US version being in the works.
The internet is not happy and my email inbox was flooded with my friends begging me to sign online petitions to keep a US version from happening.

I really hope that it doesn't happen and end up being the like the US version of Being Human. *gag*

Cecilia

It's a brilliant show.  One of my favorites--and yeah, a US version would be an awful mistake.

Callie Del Noire

Somehow I doubt they (the studio execs) would allow anything less than the 'prettiest' thugs they can find.

Callie Del Noire

Just got the season ticket for season 3.. got to see what happened to the mouthy Irish guy..there is NO WAY you'd see that on an American Channel.. (except maybe HBO/SHOWTIME or such)

Though I got to admit the lines in the series are a hoot at times.

Cecilia

I just watched the first three episodes.  I miss the curly headed guy--Can't remember his name?!--but the new guy is even more hilariously crass and crude.  Not a show to watch with the kids.  :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Cecilia on January 06, 2012, 12:37:20 PM
I just watched the first three episodes.  I miss the curly headed guy--Can't remember his name?!--but the new guy is even more hilariously crass and crude.  Not a show to watch with the kids.  :P

Oh yeah.. Nathan..

Cecilia

Right...Nathan...He was great.

Can't wait for the next episode.  We still have to listen closely to understand half of what Kelly has to say though...her accent is sooooo hard for me.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Cecilia on January 06, 2012, 05:34:27 PM
Right...Nathan...He was great.

Can't wait for the next episode.  We still have to listen closely to understand half of what Kelly has to say though...her accent is sooooo hard for me.

I have problems at times.. but I've heard worse.. (talk with a Yorkshire dalesman of a certain age.. ie.. VERY OLD.. and it's hard.. we stopped ot ask directions on one vacation)

Callie Del Noire

Cecilia

Lol--thanks for that!  Made my morning.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Cecilia on January 11, 2012, 01:16:58 PM
Lol--thanks for that!  Made my morning.

"Where you been all day?"

Kelly: "Fightin Nazis.. kickin the shit out o' Hitler."

She has the BEST lines in the series.

Callie Del Noire

STDs as a Superpower.. only the Brits would think of that. LOL

Cecilia

*gah*. I haven't watched the new episode yet.  *cover eyes and flees*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Cecilia on January 26, 2012, 10:27:12 PM
*gah*. I haven't watched the new episode yet.  *cover eyes and flees*

Don't worry. That is only PART of it bwahahahahaha.

Cecilia

Martee

I've had a couple people tell me about this show already... I think I'll have to look for it. It sounds hilarious. You can get it on Apple TV? Cool.

Now I need to figure out how to work that thing. Mutters about too many remote controls in this damn house!

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Martee on January 27, 2012, 04:43:52 PM
I've had a couple people tell me about this show already... I think I'll have to look for it. It sounds hilarious. You can get it on Apple TV? Cool.

Now I need to figure out how to work that thing. Mutters about too many remote controls in this damn house!

hahaha..

I like that.. it's only got 3 buttons on it huh?

Martee

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 27, 2012, 04:48:15 PM
hahaha..

I like that.. it's only got 3 buttons on it huh?

Well, yes. It is a sleek little thing, isn't it?  But that makes everything more difficult!  No power button. How do you turn it on?  How do you turn it off?? So complicated, all those flipping menus.  Just make a damn power button, sheesh. And I have to scroll through 8 different AV input modes to find with one is the Apple TV...

This is why I don't watch TV.  Forget it.  I'm just going to look it up online.

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Martee on January 27, 2012, 05:02:13 PM
Well, yes. It is a sleek little thing, isn't it?  But that makes everything more difficult!  No power button. How do you turn it on?  How do you turn it off?? So complicated, all those flipping menus.  Just make a damn power button, sheesh. And I have to scroll through 8 different AV input modes to find with one is the Apple TV...

This is why I don't watch TV.  Forget it.  I'm just going to look it up online.

It turns off after a bit automatically, or you can put it in sleep mode (on the settings tab). After a time it will shut down.

Turning on is easy. Push the play button on the remote.

One of the reasons I got my TV was I can push the HDMI button between the 3 HDMI channels wihtout anything else. SO I push play (watching for the white light) then after about 5 seconds pick up the TV remote and push HDMI to '2' and there it is.

Remotes are paradoxially getting more difficult so I keep a saddle bag by my desk to hold the 3 I use. TV, Apple TV and Cable Box.

Cecilia

Heh...we have a receiver with the TV, Wii, Xbox, Playstation and computer all hooked up to it.  We use the Xbox as our main netflix and Hulu2 controller.  And we've lost the remote for our TV--so we have to figure out the menu commands by using the little buttons on the screen.   We don't have cable, though and there's no broadcast TV so we never change the TV setting--it's always just displaying whatever the receiver tells it to.  My 9YO regularly helps me figure out how to make things work.  :P