Star Wars The Old Republic. Recruitment and Interest check.

Started by Batman4560, March 07, 2014, 12:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Hm.  I can help with rules and NPC building, but not sure if I am solid enough on the lore to be much help.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

fallensaviour

i'd argue at the very least the races from the other books are not bad...but you know...not running the game

Batman4560

Batman4560

O.K. so in good Star Wars fashion I put up a few paragraphs on the first post to kind of tell what the game is and offer up a small way of how everyone will know eachother. Still looking for more players but I think if Kckolbe, Fallensaviour and the person who P.M.ed me a bit ago are all in then we can start off there and add more players as the game continues.

Miroque

New padawan in training reporting in :)

Im knowledged in Saga system and huge nerdess for SW.  But, I have to point out, that my engligh might be lacking in times... so bear with me (no, Im not with bear)

Few questions have come up thou:

1) Character building rules ?
-- Lv1 I hope
-- Stats ? roll or point buy ? (and how to roll, or how much points for point buy if thats used)

2) How would you like to have the sheets ? I normally use Myth-weavers as they have nice online sheets for multiple games.

3) How much is needed on character backgrounds and such ?

4) When do we start ? (eager)

-Miro

Miroque

[Name] Vel´Kyn Adaris
[Race] Cathar
[Age] 16
[Class] Jedi Padawan

[Appearance]
Young Cathar, with grey fur. Her redish eyes sparkle with inner strength way beyond her years.

[Personality]
Vel´Kyn tries to keep her emotions in check. She is kind, just and polite, but when the floodgates open, her feral side takes over. Her feline heritage express itself with mild monophobia, as she never wants to be alone. She likes to be around people, yet shes quite cautious to make new friends.

Droids (all of them): Vel´Kyn has innate dislike of droids, maybe cause they have no emotions and by the sense, no soul, or maybe its because she cant roll them around her finger.

[Background]
Vel´Kyn is a new breed of Jedi, she was breed for war agaist the raising Sith threat and more of, the Darth Traya. She might be young, but her dedication and sheer determination has driven her to exel in those few training missions she has been part of. New Jedi order being what it is now days, padawans were into field much sooner that they did during the peaceful times, and not to police the balance, but to quick descive strikes. Vel´Kyns racial heritage makes her more that qualified for small unit tactics.
She has never liked guns, but carries one for the appearance sake, trying to fit in with the spacers.

[Gear]
Lightsaber (green), credits (??), Utitily belt, Commlink, Wristcomputer, Holonet goggles

[Character Sheet]
< work in progress >

kckolbe

Quote from: Miroque on March 11, 2014, 03:05:40 AM
New padawan in training reporting in :)

Im knowledged in Saga system and huge nerdess for SW.  But, I have to point out, that my engligh might be lacking in times... so bear with me (no, Im not with bear)

Few questions have come up thou:

-- Lv1 I hope
-- Stats ? roll or point buy ? (and how to roll, or how much points for point buy if thats used)

2) How would you like to have the sheets ? I normally use Myth-weavers as they have nice online sheets for multiple games.

3) How much is needed on character backgrounds and such ?

4) When do we start ? (eager)

-Miro

Glad to have you, and your char looks great so far (and kinda sexy).  Looks like we will be level two as of now.  I'm fairly neutral on stat generation.  I went with the 25 point buy in the book.  I think we are kind of holding off on full backgrounds for now so we can have everyone tied in enough from the start. 

So are you thinking of a sentinel type for her or more guardian? 

Looking forward to playing with you.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Miroque

Whaaattt ? You dont get Consular wipe from her? Definedly guardian (two saber combatant)

kckolbe

Nice, she certainly seems agile enough for dual wielding.  I am sure she will do a lot of damage.  I am not proposing a rule change, but I don't get why lightsabers can do bonus damage from strength. 

My character will be a fairly mundane single blaster pistol or blaster rifle type, but with a few useful skills.

Intro Thread

Miroque

Yea, Saber damage should be Dex or Wis instead of Str. Same goes to Saber vs objects. Why do armors protect against them ? Sure, energyfields should protect, but not normal armors.

In our TT games, we use Dex bonus on damage and Touch attack on sabers vs normal armors. But, Im cool with normal rulings.

Miroque

About my char, I was thinking of Fringe lightsider padawan, that battles her inner beast (Cathars are quite savage species) and tries to hold on her sanity (lightside)

fallensaviour

Quote from: Miroque on March 11, 2014, 05:01:29 AM
Yea, Saber damage should be Dex or Wis instead of Str. Same goes to Saber vs objects. Why do armors protect against them ? Sure, energyfields should protect, but not normal armors.

In our TT games, we use Dex bonus on damage and Touch attack on sabers vs normal armors. But, Im cool with normal rulings.

well, there is the fact that after a certian point without some talents that i think only soldier and a hand full of prestige classes get armor is useless relativly quickly as iirc you get level to ref defense, but if you're wearing armor you get armor instead, and armor is a static number in addition, armor will limit your dex bonus to ref defense, so its usually better to run around in street clothes than armor mechanically...you know...unless you dip 3 levels of soldier for armored defense and improved armored defense

fallensaviour

also i'm still thinking on a concept...only being allowed to use two books limits usual options and choices...have to think outside the box or go old old school on it

kckolbe

Very true, fallen, on the armor issue, though generally anyone who is going to rely on armor will have some levels in soldier, so not a major problem. 

And while missing out on some options does limit concept (making a combat ready noble that *isn't* a fencer is pretty damn hard), at least you don't have to worry about competing with other players that put together a character using a combination of 8 supplements that play testers hadn't thought to consider.  It's less stressful. 

Besides, Batman seems pretty open-minded.  I'm sure if there were something from another book that really fit a concept and that we all generally thought was harmless enough, it would be allowed.

Intro Thread

Miroque

Hmm... should we talk about how and what our characters know about each other? IF anything that is.

I was tempted to ask for an droid comppanion for my padawan.. someone that would quote Jedi teachings all the time.. and more in most inconvinient times :)

kckolbe

I was gonna wait to hear some possible concepts from fallen.  As for the droid, perhaps we could buy a cheap protocol droid?  I could see my character being able to afford one.  Maybe it is also programmed with philosophical quotes about the importance of remaining nude while training.  ~crosses fingers~

Intro Thread

fallensaviour

fallensaviour

So I was thinking force sensitive who's family lost a kaggath http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kaggath since that time his family has served as slaves eventually winding up deep in hutt space where due to the sudden death of his owner he was able to slip away in the confusion eventually earning his way into a mandalorian clan

kckolbe

So, class-wise, would your char be a Jedi?  If so, which "path?" (guardian, sentinel, or consular)

Intro Thread

fallensaviour

Probably starting scoundrel or soldier just with force sensitive as a first lvl feat

kckolbe

With level 2, you could have a level of Jedi and soldier or scoundrel, giving you the feat for free.  Of course, a scoundrel/soldier hybrid works well, too.  At least, I imagine it would. 

Looks like I will make my character more noble-y than soldier-y, unless you guys want a combat focused group.

Intro Thread

fallensaviour

I was thinking sticking with soldier and scout till someone ic starts to force train me or I randomly develop lightning er I mean force rage... Er I mean force powers

fallensaviour

What his family used to be sith and the dark side is easier to pick up and learn than the light

Batman4560

Hey guys I was wondering, where do you want the In game thread and OOC thread?

To address some questions...

-- Lvl 2 to start. Everyone has had enough training to stand out from the rank and file.
--  Go ahead and use the point buy system that is in the book.

2) I am not familiar with Myth-weavers but if they have good sheets and everyone else is already familiar with the site then that is perfect for a sheet, Ill figure it out.

3) You only need as much background as you want to role play. Let me say that you will all be brought together by either Big Z and Mission, The Jedi Council, Mandalore, Carth or Bastilla so feel free to come up with a way they are related to one of those characters.

4) We will be starting by next week at the latest. Most likely before that. However I do not enforce a strict posting rate. I understand that everyone has lives outside of the game. However if someone is holding up the entire group Ill give a friendly pump to that player. :)

5) While I am not familiar with the other books for Saga, if you would like to use something in a different book run it by me. Ill look into it and give you a yes or no.

kckolbe

Thanks Batman, and glad to be in a game you are running.  As before, feel free to ask if you need help throwing together an NPC or something for the story.

The group so far:
Miroque: Level 2 Jedi, focus on melee combat (dual wield)
fallensavior: Soldier/Scout, able to use the force, good fighter
kckolbe: Noble/Soldier

Intro Thread