The Star Sentinels [Superheroes in Space] [Freeform] [Interest Check]

Started by Foxy DeVille, March 28, 2024, 12:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxy DeVille

There are worlds beyond our world. One such place is the planet Toth, where lies the command center for the Inter-Galactic Protection Authority. Charged with the security of the Coalition of Planets, the Authority is all too aware that there are threats in the universe exceeding even its capabilities. So it has reached out to allied worlds for their greatest champions so that all may live without fear. Together those who have answered the call are…

Greetings, Earthlings! This concept is an homage of sorts to the Hanna-Barbera sci-fi/superhero cartoons of the mid 60s to early 80s… Space Ghost, Herculoids, Birdman, the Galaxy Trio, early Super Friends. There’s a healthy dose of Silver Age comics involved as well. The Star Sentinels are a group of galactic guardians banded together to protect the universe from space monsters, giant robots, evil scientists, and interstellar disasters of various kinds. The heroes will be original characters, although inspiration from existing canon is allowed. Their base is a space station named World Star One, which has all the cool stuff that would be expected from a sci-fi superhero headquarters. A great place to socialize, get to know fellow Sentinels, and be all Rule 34 with them. Plots will be pretty basic, like the sort one would find in a cartoon lasting seven to twenty-two minutes. In fact, a lot will be shamelessly ripped off from them and there’s plenty of source material out there.  The overall vibe is good old-fashioned bad guy bashing along with all kinds of after hours interaction.

So who wants to save the universe?

EDIT: Not really enough nibbles for this one, thanks to those that expressed interest.

MightyMaiden

So am I correct in reading this as you are looking for mostly PG-13 rated villain bashing followed by any adult activities being part of the after-hours interactions, mostly among fellow heroes?

shengami

Tentatively interested...

Also interested in the answer to MM's question.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: MightyMaiden on March 28, 2024, 02:18:12 PMSo am I correct in reading this as you are looking for mostly PG-13 rated villain bashing followed by any adult activities being part of the after-hours interactions, mostly among fellow heroes?
Quote from: shengami on March 28, 2024, 07:05:40 PMTentatively interested...

Also interested in the answer to MM's question.

Pretty close. Maybe closer to R than PG-13. I would like this to be accessible to those wanting more super fun than sexy fun plus I don't want adventures getting derailed by extended back and forth about the ol' in and out. That being said, I don't mind some general bawdiness. Like I have a supporting character in mind that is pretty much gratuitous fan service.

Marie Reynolds

Hmm I would potentially be interested in this. Would you be willing to have Player character in Supports roles like an Inventor type that is in Quality Assurance for  the gadgets made by  the Star Sentinel's Organization?

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on March 30, 2024, 09:03:33 AMHmm I would potentially be interested in this. Would you be willing to have Player character in Supports roles like an Inventor type that is in Quality Assurance for  the gadgets made by  the Star Sentinel's Organization?

Yep! That would fit in really well considering they're on a space station. Never know what kind of technical mishap might happen. 😈 

Marie Reynolds

Cool! So very true. Who knows what kind of delights might be found in such mishaps lol. Just don't be surprised. That this inventor may have a keen interest in  the profession of a locksmith and be rather flexible in mind and body.