Post-Apocalyptic epicness! SOULED! [3 spots open]

Started by Wargtass, July 28, 2012, 09:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargtass

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 22, 2012, 10:48:49 PM
maybe try to do a UN army chaplin?
I might start with that as an Idea

Story takes place quite some time after the World As We Knew it ended. A lot of time even.
O/O

Ironwolf85

oh... damn...
I kinda like the image of the grizzled old veteran in fatuges and post-apoc gear, wearing a blue UN baret. still trying to stand for the ideals of the old world.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Wargtass

Perhaps if he had access to relics and tomes of the past. But only the Soulless Legionnaires of Pestilence has that...
O/O

Ironwolf85

Or be from a bunker family... (IE: peacekeepers who survived and simply tried to survive Vault Style.) I once came up with a group like that called the Towens brigade for someone's post-apocalyptic world. Basicly peacekeepers who had withdrawn into old bunkers, few held out against the onslaught of anchent evil (think cuthulu style apocalypse), but some did, and that is where the towens brigade came from.

I kinda got the idea from the book battlefield earth (good read) in which one of the heroes is trying to find fellow human survivors, and one group is actually decended from Russian Troops with families built along military lines. (IE: Mothers=Lt.s, Fathers= Captians, Oldest child =Sarge, Youngest child = private)

Either that or maybe being "soulless" meant this old bastard filled his void with old world patrotisim and values or some crazy shit like that.

To be honest I really dislike the idea of playing a soulless though.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Wheresmycow

Actually, the only soulless is my character.  The rest are supposed o be souled.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

kingmaster1

Those crazy Russians! The toughest people on earth.

Wargtass

Highly improbable that they would go unnoticed, but then again it is the impossible that this scenario build upon. I like it.
O/O

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Wargtass on October 23, 2012, 11:20:43 AM
Highly improbable that they would go unnoticed, but then again it is the impossible that this scenario build upon. I like it.

In the book battlefield earth Uranium reacted badly with the alien's atmosphere, light exposure set off sparks in their breathers, a full on bar of the stuff would make their breather explode. The fact that those russian troops were sitting atop a nuclear bunker in the mountians meant that when the aliens scanned it and said "nope, not worth our time with only a few small tribes of natives" They were imperialists not genocidal.
Other surviving pockets included the members of british UN atroops, who had hidden behind a wall of uranium mines and had devolved into small feudal fishing communities in scotland. Mercs who had been in africa working for "the almighty company" when the invasion happened, they survived by turning into survivalist cannibals. Tribes of primitive humans who wandered the great plains and were occasionally culled for slaves.
can't remember any more

Wargtass

Not that, that your character's ancestors could hide from Apocalypse and his Horsemen. Pestilence was given the Staff of the Monkey-King, which put the whole world within his grasp so that he could gather all people to give them the choice of death or soulless. But apparently some souled remain...
O/O

kingmaster1

It's not a normal apocalypse scenario, I view it a lot like darksiders only with no help. Being that there is magic and giant monsters that feast upon the happiness in people's souls...

Wargtass

Quote from: kingmaster1 on October 25, 2012, 09:28:27 AM
It's not a normal apocalypse scenario, I view it a lot like darksiders only with no help. Being that there is magic and giant monsters that feast upon the happiness in people's souls...

Well you haven't met the Giants yet... just you wait. :p
O/O

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Wargtass on October 25, 2012, 08:20:32 AM
Not that, that your character's ancestors could hide from Apocalypse and his Horsemen. Pestilence was given the Staff of the Monkey-King, which put the whole world within his grasp so that he could gather all people to give them the choice of death or soulless. But apparently some souled remain...

basicly they were all given the choice, and some had the balls to say no and get punished.

Wargtass

Indeed, and the punish was death. It's a bit of a mystery where the souled come from in this World As We Know It. Which is why I have kept it under the covers so far.
O/O

Ironwolf85