[NC-H] ExCiv Boarding School <Game Closed>

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, October 29, 2012, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhu Que

"To specify, it does not completely remove sex drive, it inhibits or lowers sex drive... there is always the fact that some people crave sex even without sex drive, sex drive is just the, well, drive to go after it more, and more often as well... Even sterilized, sex is still a possibility, as some people just get the comfort or enjoyment out of the companionship and sensation, just they wouldn't be as inclined to hunt for it... I have a low sex drive because of thyroid issues, but I don't just not crave it... I'm a horny bastard myself, just not really driven towards it as much as someone with normal hormone production, lol.

I think you can make an interesting character, and if you find things that you like about interacting with other students and characters, you won't feel like Joshua needs Pepper and going in heat... It isn't about what you can add to a character, it is what you can do with what you have to work with.... Just because he doesn't have a crazy enhanced sex drive because of going in heat, doesn't mean he'll be boring, or only sub... otherwise, they'd all be subs if being sterilized lowered hormones that much.

I would like you to play, you are willing to talk things over, but I have to agree with Ryuka on the thing that sometimes you state some things, rather than debate or discuss. We aren't trying to say flat out 'not happening', but more the fact trying to smooth out the issues, so that say, sometime during the game, the cat gets killed or eaten by Sarina and then a fight starts about it. Like you just said, accidents can happen, as long as that is understood between players, which is what we are trying to do, reach a point where people can agree and understand each other.

Pepper could be there for him, in his room, I don't mind the cat thing actually, as long as it is understood, the Enforcers would not just ignore it... and honestly, a character quirk about Celeste, she would deal with the cat if she saw it, because she doesn't like Extrahumans (yup, she's a self-hatin-... can't put Jew here and Ex sounded weird, lol)... That is nothing personal from me to you, that is how she would be, and I would hate a fight to happen because your character's pet got spotted by a bitchy Enforcer.

I think RPing out Joshua having to grow after the loss of his cat would help you develop the character and enjoy it more."

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'll count that as a vote in your favor."

"Since we're getting a 'put the right foot forward' type thing going here. The heat thing seems to be agreed that the sterilization would end that. However, humans aren't animals, they have sex for intimacy and pleasure, and there's no need for a procreative drive to cause that. Unless someone disagrees specifically (other than you, Zaer), its out."

"You can keep Pepper in your room, I never stated anything against that. The point is, nothing more, I know that will cause a lack of interaction with Pepper, but the needs of the story come first. In this case, internal consistency begs that a pet is a risk that isn't worth taking. Hell, you mentioned throwing the cat and whether they'd be worried about that... I would be. If you throw the cat at an enforcer without a helmet, that's a pretty dangerous weapon right there. Anyway, like I said, he can keep it, it doesn't have to die, but it stays in the room, or it won't survive this place."

"I was being a bit aggressive, because this place is a bitch. I want that to be clear, that's not me, Ryu. That's the nature of this game, it's about how messed up a place this is, and how the kids find ways to try to make it a little better. However, you pushing it, turned 'a bit' into 'a lot'. If you stay, you need to check that behavior. I will be watching you for unnecessary drama during the game."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Inari

Can't be arsed to quote everything so here we go:

I don't really like bringing this up but feel I have to. I have serve depression and a few other issues I would rather not raise (Not really appropriate.)and partly found it irking for it to be suggested that people with it die a slow death. (Even if you weren't implying it, it felt like it.) Also when I had my elderly cat put to sleep, Quicksilver, was depressed for a week (I was for a bit longer) all she needed was cuddles, reassurance and for me to keep a close eye on her and she was ok. (Was very heart breaking hearing her call for the Creep, at night,  for a few days...) Cats will only die of depression if the owner doesn't look after them. Even then the depression will be staving themselves or getting injured if they wander off. - So the point of Joshua dying of depression is invalid and to be frank I don't understand why you said such a thing.

I have a contraceptive implant in my arm but still have the monthly visits. (Dangerously heavily bleeder off it so it happens... sorry if that is too much info.) I don't get bitchy either. I just become more impulsive, playful and more susceptible to depression triggers, if anything. I still have a intense sex drive on it unlike some contraceptives (Which reduce sex drive.) but I can control it. So the strong urge is there but I can pretty much suppress it at will. The outlet is reflected in my writing or when I am being totally shameless pervert and act silly at the cons I go to. (I can be a pervert at the best of times but I usually suppress it in any other social situation.) So like Zhu said, there is pretty much no point making the compassion to human females on their period.

I 100% agree with what Lady Grey says and think it should be put in OP of this thread and the OOC as a reminder.

Also just a note about my characters:

Donovan won't be able to use his powers properly as he gets defanged monthly all because he bit his abuser. He gets his venom milked and defanged so he can't do it again and because the school also like to monitor changes in the venom. (Was thinking of suggesting they also uses it as means to put other students down but forgot to ask about it.) Even if there were to be a jail break, after four bites his powers would be borderline useless. Naida will only be able to use any powers if the Blue Goo left her system, which considering how she is looked after will never happen, unless they feel like testing her again or her enforcer stopped giving her the dosages. She would also need to be near a unlimited supply of water as well. So both my characters have been powered down massively. So worrying about not being able to use some abilities shouldn't be too much of a big deal. Everyone in this RP has had characters that are powered down. Which is where part of the oppression comes from.

Also how do you think Naida felt when she was taken from UK? The place she was born, without so much as a goodbye to her friends and family. She was taken from her home without any personal effects and was subjected to emotional and physical tests that were borderline inhumane. All because the US saw her as a global threat. As a result of it all, even though she was moved from "Celler" after six months of tests, she hasn't really left her room to socialize until the beginning of this RP. (So she has had no social interaction since she got there, apart from with enforcers and scientists.)

I am not trying to come across as ganging up on you or anything. Just stating my view on things.

I would like you to stay given you are willing to compromise, not get iffy about having to make changes and stop being argumental. To me purely sexually fueled characters can ruin an RP that's focus isn't that. To me it is also kinda off putting as well. If I wanted to join an RP where it was sexually fueled I would have joined the other demonic school RPs that are floating around somewhere. (Not insult to anyone who is part of those.) Also to me it didn't seem like Ryuka was trying to start an argument or pick at you. He was trying to be fair and just give you an idea of how unfair this place is, while getting the issues across that I think everyone feels there are with how your character is. But for some reason you didn't read his posts that way and to be honest you kinda forced his hand to get aggressive by not getting the point and trying to push yours.

Anyway those are my two cents. Sorry if my post comes cross as mean or like I am trying to start an argument or what not. I mean no disrespect with what I say but was unsure how else to word any of it. <.<;;

ManyMindsManyVoices

"That was very articulate, Star, I appreciate that, and it seems that's another person who's willing to let this slide if Zaer's willing to as well."

"On a separate note (and not to ignore the other topic at hand), I'm thinking about designing another character, and I can totally keep up, but I don't want people to feel like I'm going to play a bunch of guys... I just had a desire to play a certain character idea and I figured we could use a few more male students. It'll be an A-Level student, as well, so no one super powerful. Just a few more personalities for the game."

"Also, on that topic as well, Trystia mentioned to me that she'd like the world to feel 'occupied', so to speak. So, I would like to see some indicators that there are background characters. Just don't be making big characters or minions for your character or anything of that nature, without my permission. Background characters should just be people you wave at in the hall, or a quick mention of that kid in your class who can turn his hair pink, or something."

"Some players might get permission to play more complex 'NPCs', like Zhu Que and Pyrkinas (who are essentially the game's Co-GMs because I know them in real life and I know I can trust them)."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Zaer Darkwail

I can listen and make changes, but sorry if I make 'statements' than discuss or debate when I write. I kind of entered 'trade negotiation' mode where I said '150€ for fish' and then Ryuka said 'No, 300€ for the fish.' (and his case it was non-negotiable price). I did not know I could not anyway negotiate or bargain the fish price with him so I kept raising slowly the price and so it turned from negotiate to growling/shout contest.

Anyways I want bury the argument past behind us as I want not perhaps best of moods anyways and go with what's told so far; no heat for Joshua and his cat stays in his room as personal NPC which may or may not die in the story (needs detailed PM discussion how events will fold out if it happens by hands of PC, as it's going to be major big event for Joshua personally). His pet's death is going to be major event (for him) if it ever occurs. Thanks Zhu for comment about the idea about his pet's death, I think also that it will be major character development moment for Joshua :).

Also sorry Starcry if my words conjured phantoms what you did not want to remember :(. I just said it to defend my idea about the 'heat' as I had already pictured his behavior in my head how he acts in heat and I felt it was one important pieces of his character (and I tend grow quickly fond anything funny or interesting aspects of my char and when I am fond of something I grow defensive about it, even if char is not yet approved and it's bad habit of mine). But now after walking 2 hours in freezing outdoor air and have eaten I have calmed down to be less defensive and arguing about my character.

So, I have edited my char again. I added note that he entered heats and brief description how he behaved. But he was sterilized and it ended his heat behavior. But it also works as reference if anypoint sterilisation is removed the behavior returns back.

blackcatotaku

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on November 01, 2012, 06:15:01 PM
EDIT: "Feel free to ask me anything about the school at any time. It's easier for me to explain if I know your questions directly. However, tonight I'll be out so I won't get back to you guys for at least a few hours yet. I'm going to go post a response to Dashenka and then leave."

I know that the school has a library but what other kinds of amenities does it have? Is it like a boarding school where it would also have lets say a music/theater area where they might have instruments or props for plays? Would it have an art studio of any kind with materials like paint, clay, canvas or other supplies? I know there is a common room but what is in the common room? Is there a television? I could see where they might not have cable but maybe movies or something like that? Is there any kind of a gym or outside area they can access? Obviously all these areas would come with restrictions but I'm just curious about what would be available for the students and what kinds of classes they would be taking and what not...

blackcatotaku

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2012, 01:42:25 AM
Zhu Que's comment
What comes to Joshua going berserk; true as he is not trained fighter and he can be put down. But I would rule if he goes berserk then enforcer who has no supernatural powers cannot bring him down alone (because in berserk his adrenaline levels would explode and so increase all his physical features at least one category up and even if he feels pain his pain tolerance goes lot higher). So it would require coordinated effort of two enforcers or specific supernatural power which would make enforcer able bring Joshua down easily. Joshua cannot kill (slightly harm maybe) heavily armored targets but anyone who is unarmored may get hospital trip or die even on injuries. But overall discussion him going berserk is moot as it's very unlikely event to occur (only closest what could bring him to that point is that someone tortures and kills his cat front of him).

I'm curious does Joshua have a scruff...? Like a normal cat?

blackcatotaku

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on November 02, 2012, 03:56:55 AM
"Oh hey... Every kid gets sterilized... Including Joshua... Okay, new view on the heat thing... If he's dangerous when in heat, and he could be sterilized in a way that stops him from going into heat... They'd probably do that to him. I'll take the opinions of the peanut gallery on this. What does everyone think about that?"

Male cats don't go into heat... But like a male dog if a female is in heat (meaning on her period) I could see where that would drive a cat boy mad with desire but I don't think it would affect other people but then again we are talking about a fictional cat boy and I don't want to be a reality tyrant... Female cats do it has to do with their ovaries they ovulate and that's what the heat cycle is about... If he is sterilized I'm curious what you mean by being sterilized for a male... For a male cat they can still have the dominance drive like a dog where they hump things and sometimes maintain some kind of sexual drive if they are neutered later on in life but neutering is removing the testicles... When done as a kitten it is rare to see the sexual drive remain in a cat. I was a veterinary technician for several years so... knowledge! I hope it doesn't seem like I'm jumping on the "I-Hate-Barbs-Bandwagon" but I don't see anything remotely desirable about that... The reason male cats have barbs is to make the sex act painful for the female...The barbs physically dig into the lining of the vagina and causing it to bleed wither or not the female struggles the purpose is physiological because then when the male cat ejaculates into the female the semen can bind with the blood matter and the sperm have a higher chance of survival the acidic environment of the uterus lining becoming more basic with the lower levels of acidity in the blood than in the allowing the sperm to live longer.

Its obvious a female you have their ovaries tied right..? Because a total hysterectomy on the female students could also lead to some serious issues if they were just simply removing the whole uterus it causes a lot of hormonal imbalances and would create a lot more medical problems... And while they are invested in students not reproducing but the sheer cost alone of the hormonal drugs would vastly out-way the benefit of permanent and irreversible sterilization. For males are you intending that they receive the equivalent to a vasectomy (having the vas deferns tied off so a lot like a ovaries tied they cannot release sperm when they ejaculate but they can still get an erection and release orgasmic fluid and maintain the same sex drive and hormone output) to  or are you having their testicles removed like insane asylums would do to male patients in the 50's through into the 80's? I may be over thinking this but it does make me curious because of the implications it could have on their secondary sexual development (height, weight and other things the body goes through during puberty that can last till ate 18) and health. Sorry I'm a health nerd being a nurse so stuff like this becomes somewhat my area of interest.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: blackcatotaku on November 02, 2012, 09:45:58 AM
I'm curious does Joshua have a scruff...? Like a normal cat?

Well, considering he has no fur coat (being full furry) he has no scruff but his neck could have less sensitive nerves. But short answer would be no as his body is otherwise in human expect he has ears and tail and long claws in fingers and feline eyes. He does not have sharp teeth either (perhaps corner fangs being slightly longer but that's it). His tongue is bit rougher than norm but it's otherwise human tongue if go deep specifics what is cat and what is human.

Ah yeh, true that male cats 'heat' is more triggered from female ovulation cycle. But I thinked it would had been more creepy approach say Joshua goes horny around women who are ovulating in the facility :P. Also I wondered same hormonal reasons for sterilization; being is it permanent or temporal surgery operation. Temporal one being healthier for students (which can be removed later if need be) while permanent one can result a stunted body development to both genders and other health issues which can stack costs up. But I did not want raise another 'argument' regarding sterilization issue even if it is asking closer detail about it.

blackcatotaku

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2012, 10:12:12 AM
Well, considering he has no fur coat (being full furry) he has no scruff but his neck could have less sensitive nerves. But short answer would be no as his body is otherwise in human expect he has ears and tail and long claws in fingers and feline eyes. He does not have sharp teeth either (perhaps corner fangs being slightly longer but that's it). His tongue is bit rougher than norm but it's otherwise human tongue if go deep specifics what is cat and what is human.

blackcatotaku: Ah yeh, true that male cats 'heat' is more triggered from female ovulation cycle. But I thinked it would had been more creepy approach say Joshua goes horny around women who are ovulating in the facility :P. Also I wondered same hormonal reasons for sterilization; being is it permanent or temporal surgery operation. Temporal one being healthier for students (which can be removed later if need be) while permanent one can result a stunted body development to both genders and other health issues which can stack costs up. But I did not want raise another 'argument' regarding sterilization issue even if it is asking closer detail about it.

I suppose its a matter of setting because if it is somewhat based in a parallel reality I cannot help but bring in real consequences for what is proposed... However since we are talking about a fictional reality I'm fine with simply hand waving some of the real life consequences obviously if I was interested in everything being super realistic  I wouldn't be apart of the game in the first place ha ha. So its more just thoughts that were going through my mind as I read through the postings regarding the details of Joshua. I would like to see a few more male characters brought in as there is a good amount of females -shrug- it is what it is.

Ryuka I noticed that you said their may be hundreds if not thousands of students at this facility... I couldn't help but hope to understand how many people are in the facility... Like how many students are there and how many teachers and how many enforcers...? I think it would help build up the expectation of how large the place is and how the ratio of enforcers to students to faculty might be expected.

Trystia

Wow... so many posts since I had last taken a look over here...

Quote from: blackcatotaku on November 02, 2012, 09:38:35 AM
I know that the school has a library but what other kinds of amenities does it have? Is it like a boarding school where it would also have lets say a music/theater area where they might have instruments or props for plays? Would it have an art studio of any kind with materials like paint, clay, canvas or other supplies? I know there is a common room but what is in the common room? Is there a television? I could see where they might not have cable but maybe movies or something like that? Is there any kind of a gym or outside area they can access? Obviously all these areas would come with restrictions but I'm just curious about what would be available for the students and what kinds of classes they would be taking and what not...

So, regarding an art studio, I'm going to go with, yes, there is one, as I'd been discussing that with Ryuka, specifically with regards to me making an art teacher as a second character. What exactly would be available is something I would flesh out while creating that character, but I can tell you right now that there will be NO mixed media courses... anymore. Also please note that any given piece of artwork may be confiscated for sale, in order to continue supporting the school's art program. It seems sensible that there would be a gym of some sort, since they probably don't want students ever leaving the building and need to keep them reasonably healthy, but there would likely be limits on access to keep them from getting too fit, and definitely nothing like a weight room.

Curious what Ryuka will have to say about a communal television for watching movies, but seems likely, since he's stated that laptops are okay for A-level students, who might have brought dvds to school with their other meager possessions.

Inari

Just jumping on real quick while I can -

In regards to sterilization in the students the plan is so:

Males - Tubes tied
Females - Blockage in the tubes.

Only other thing I can think of that would work is an implant in the girls arm (one that I have) and the male equivalent they are currently working on. Currently the male version isn't working properly, but maybe by this point in this game it is. These things last 3 years and it would be quicker and cheaper doing this method me thinks. (Takes a week to recover from wound and two weeks for it to fully kick in.)

Will talk about other points later but for now I have a lot of house work to get on with!

blackcatotaku

Quote from: Starcry on November 02, 2012, 11:42:45 AM
Just jumping on real quick while I can -

In regards to sterilization in the students the plan is so:

Males - Tubes tied
Females - Blockage in the tubes.

Only other thing I can think of that would work is an implant in the girls arm (one that I have) and the male equivalent they are currently working on. Currently the male version isn't working properly, but maybe by this point in this game it is. These things last 3 years and it would be quicker and cheaper doing this method me thinks. (Takes a week to recover from wound and two weeks for it to fully kick in.)

Will talk about other points later but for now I have a lot of house work to get on with!

cool thanks for the clarification it makes perfect sense to me that the school would go with that kind of semi-perminant method as you are correct it would be vastly less expensive to place implants rather than remove the sexual organs especially with females.

blackcatotaku

Quote from: Trystia on November 02, 2012, 11:17:11 AM
Wow... so many posts since I had last taken a look over here...

So, regarding an art studio, I'm going to go with, yes, there is one, as I'd been discussing that with Ryuka, specifically with regards to me making an art teacher as a second character. What exactly would be available is something I would flesh out while creating that character, but I can tell you right now that there will be NO mixed media courses... anymore. Also please note that any given piece of artwork may be confiscated for sale, in order to continue supporting the school's art program. It seems sensible that there would be a gym of some sort, since they probably don't want students ever leaving the building and need to keep them reasonably healthy, but there would likely be limits on access to keep them from getting too fit, and definitely nothing like a weight room.

Curious what Ryuka will have to say about a communal television for watching movies, but seems likely, since he's stated that laptops are okay for A-level students, who might have brought dvds to school with their other meager possessions.

Hmm I look forward to seeing the art studio fleshed out as I think my character would probably go there the most when given opportunities.  I also like the idea of their art being ripped away from them I think it would present good opportunities for role play would students become more bitter or more unattached oh the possibilities! I also look forward to seeing what you come up with for the art teacher herself.

Trystia

Quote from: blackcatotaku on November 02, 2012, 12:09:15 PM
Hmm I look forward to seeing the art studio fleshed out as I think my character would probably go there the most when given opportunities.  I also like the idea of their art being ripped away from them I think it would present good opportunities for role play would students become more bitter or more unattached oh the possibilities! I also look forward to seeing what you come up with for the art teacher herself.

Who said the art teacher was going to be a 'her'?

Zhu Que

"I would like to point out, to blackcatotaku and zear. As I've learned through study (years of personal study with live cats, and years of animal studies in books and talking to animal experts), female cats are generally always ready, just maybe not ovulating (which a male can stimulate this process), males are the ones that do the actual 'going into -something-' (like 'heat', 'need', 'excitement', some kind of sexual drive). Males are constantly smelling the pheromones from the females, but they are the ones who determine when to breed. I've had plenty of inside females who should have gone into heat, but the only time they reacted to an intense surge of hormones like that was when we'd bring a male cat in who decided to exude more pheromones and instigate the females too 'go into heat'... My study is environmental scientist with a focus in animal medicine and behavior, so figuring out animals is a thing I do, as best as we can possibly learn about animals true behavior without being able to understand their thought/instinct process on a personal level.

Not attacking or saying your wrong, just trying to educate on something I've studied, since it is a topic of discussion right now. The term 'in heat' is generally applied to females, because females are the sexualized side of most things. Males decide breeding time, that is why a female who still has kittens needing weening can get pregnant again and abandon her litter, males do that as a show of power and territory. One male breeds, she has kittens, another male breeds to eventually lead to his own kittens and the death of the other kittens (seen in lions and tigers (not all big cats actually, which is weird) as well, though they sometimes kill the kittens themselves, not always, just to get it over will). Also, generally, if there is only one male in the area, or the other males aren't a threat, the male will leave the female alone while the mother is weening the litter she already has.

I thinking I'm rambling and circling the point, lol... It is cause I am still not fully awake, meant to go back to sleep after the phone woke me up... but, basic point... yes, female pheromones cause the males to instigate breeding, but the females always exude them, the males choose the time.... cats are generally opposite of dogs, as dogs are the ones where the female goes into heat and the males just get attracted... but female cats don't have periods (never had a cat bleed all over my room like a female dog in heat.... well, I did, but that is a sad story around Pumpkin, a chicken bone, and I'm sure you can see where this goes)... This was more than I planned to write, sorry if it is long, but sometimes I have to say the point a few ways before I feel that I've put it down right, it is one of my Obsession-Compulsions that I am working on."

blackcatotaku

Quote from: Zhu Que on November 02, 2012, 12:20:37 PM
"I would like to point out, to blackcatotaku and zear. As I've learned through study (years of personal study with live cats, and years of animal studies in books and talking to animal experts), female cats are generally always ready, just maybe not ovulating (which a male can stimulate this process), males are the ones that do the actual 'going into -something-' (like 'heat', 'need', 'excitement', some kind of sexual drive). Males are constantly smelling the pheromones from the females, but they are the ones who determine when to breed. I've had plenty of inside females who should have gone into heat, but the only time they reacted to an intense surge of hormones like that was when we'd bring a male cat in who decided to exude more pheromones and instigate the females too 'go into heat'... My study is environmental scientist with a focus in animal medicine and behavior, so figuring out animals is a thing I do, as best as we can possibly learn about animals true behavior without being able to understand their thought/instinct process on a personal level.

Not attacking or saying your wrong, just trying to educate on something I've studied, since it is a topic of discussion right now. The term 'in heat' is generally applied to females, because females are the sexualized side of most things. Males decide breeding time, that is why a female who still has kittens needing weening can get pregnant again and abandon her litter, males do that as a show of power and territory. One male breeds, she has kittens, another male breeds to eventually lead to his own kittens and the death of the other kittens (seen in lions and tigers (not all big cats actually, which is weird) as well, though they sometimes kill the kittens themselves, not always, just to get it over will). Also, generally, if there is only one male in the area, or the other males aren't a threat, the male will leave the female alone while the mother is weening the litter she already has.

I thinking I'm rambling and circling the point, lol... It is cause I am still not fully awake, meant to go back to sleep after the phone woke me up... but, basic point... yes, female pheromones cause the males to instigate breeding, but the females always exude them, the males choose the time.... cats are generally opposite of dogs, as dogs are the ones where the female goes into heat and the males just get attracted... but female cats don't have periods (never had a cat bleed all over my room like a female dog in heat.... well, I did, but that is a sad story around Pumpkin, a chicken bone, and I'm sure you can see where this goes)... This was more than I planned to write, sorry if it is long, but sometimes I have to say the point a few ways before I feel that I've put it down right, it is one of my Obsession-Compulsions that I am working on."

As I stated before I worked as a veterinary technician for 8 years and its always a pleasure to meet a fellow animal enthusiast.

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, I was wrong then in assumption females trigger males 'heat'. It's otherway around then :P. In other game it would be fun make neko male who spreads pheromones which turn female nekos and female humans 'aroused' state. But not in here as sexuality based powers are not allowed plus sterilization (may it be by surgery or by implant) would shut down this function anyway.

Anyways thanks from brief education on cat breeding behavior :). My family had cats and we always thought it was females who went to heat as our male cat acted normal and females (as we had 1 male cat and 1-2 females around) would approach the male and go all lovey dovey over him or go into position front of him.

As off note my cat who scared our german shepard scared all dogs, not just our own. He was 19 years old when he died but he was wandering cat in the city block where is lot of personal housing (no apartments expect nearby student apartment blocks ran by colleges or universities). He may be gone from 1 day to a month at times, in youth often coming bleeding and injured home and we found even one cat claw stuck in his skull. But never once he smelled piss (which according my knowledge would mean he 'lost' the fight and got pissed on by other cat).

Anyways there was funny scene where was 1 german shepard, 1 doberman and 2 terriers laying in a backyard in near by neighbors house. Mom was visiting them as they were moving out from the area and checking did they have good furniture's or other junk they are going get rid off before moving company comes pick things up. While talking our cat came to the yard where four dogs were.....at instant unision all four dogs ran inside. Mom went pet our cat and neighbor with laughter asked is that our cat and Mom confirmed it. The neighbor told that over the years she had seen all her four dogs fear our cat, each time he came to yard dogs ran back in or sticked far away from him as they could.

So, how you would explain above dog's behavior when said neighbor had not even single cat so it's not like dogs learned this behavior while as pups (altough when this event occurred our cat was 15 year old healthy gentleman, so in theory he could had cat slapped puppies if they were in yard harassing him when he was eight or nine year old).

Also same cat ignored chasing birds and squirrels while all our female cats hunted fiercely them. Our male cat also hanged out with a hare (the hare came even our door sit on waiting until our cat got out and those two ran off somewhere together). So many ways our male cat (called Viiru) was weird but in cool way :).

Zhu Que

Quote from: blackcatotaku on November 02, 2012, 12:28:57 PM
As I stated before I worked as a veterinary technician for 8 years and its always a pleasure to meet a fellow animal enthusiast.

"As I enjoy meeting others with similar interests, and am always looking for others who study animals to compare with... I just state what I have learned, as cats are one of my special areas of interest."

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2012, 12:41:43 PM
So, how you would explain above dog's behavior when said neighbor had not even single cat so it's not like dogs learned this behavior while as pups (altough when this event occurred our cat was 15 year old healthy gentleman, so in theory he could had cat slapped puppies if they were in yard harassing him when he was eight or nine year old).

Also same cat ignored chasing birds and squirrels while all our female cats hunted fiercely them. Our male cat also hanged out with a hare (the hare came even our door sit on waiting until our cat got out and those two ran off somewhere together). So many ways our male cat (called Viiru) was weird but in cool way :).

"To explain dog nature, that one I'm not as positive about, but my niece was a dog breeder for many years. Like I said, sometimes it is just about personality and raising. If the cat is territorial, his personality would be stand-off-ish, at least to other animals he doesn't like around. He would likely have come in contact with those dogs at one point where the dogs were not afraid of him, he somehow acted towards them to instill fear in them of him. After repeated behavior, they would learn to just avoid him at all costs.

Dogs learn to react to a threat or reward faster than most other animals, it is why dogs are generally the animal people get when they want to train an animal tricks, and most people who have dogs eventually teach their dog tricks, because of this learning curve dogs have (now given, some dogs are too stubborn or too 'dumb' to learn). I've actually been to pounds to kind of volunteer a day to love on all the animals, keep them used to human companionship, and taken a dog through the kitty room (to test animal compatibility), where the dog barked at all the cats except for two of them, which she ended up loving those two cats. A lot of it comes down to personality, raising, and how both animals present themselves. Those two cats were cuddled up, calm, and just giving curious looks, while the other cats either backed off in fear or hissed, the dog liked the two curious ones, even bathed them. So there is no definite answer to how a dog will react to a cat, and vice versa.

Chasing birds and squirrels is not all about hunter instinct, it is also about personality of the cat and if it is hungry and whatnot. I have a rabbit in my room, and my cats love when it gets out of the cage, they love rolling on the floor as she hops around. Of my outside cats, they don't like other dogs in the yard, or other cats, or the buzzards, but they don't mind animals like raccoons, possums, or armadillos... If fact, my cats are playing foster family to a little possum that I think was weened and abandoned early, as it is kind of small. I went out the other night, and it was sitting next to Priss, my female cat who chases Pitts and rottweilers (but will eat with my Pitt/Mastiff, Ares, if he is in the mood to share), and Priss was just sitting there, like it was natural to have a possum as a friend.

blackcatotaku

Oh also seeing as how some of our characters have been in the institute for a while is anyone interested in discussing connections, good, bad and indifferent? Unless that's not preferred/ allowed by the GM?... I just figured since a lot of the characters had been at teh school it would make sense that they probably would know each other at least to some extent.

Zhu Que

Quote from: blackcatotaku on November 02, 2012, 01:11:16 PM
Oh also seeing as how some of our characters have been in the institute for a while is anyone interested in discussing connections, good, bad and indifferent? Unless that's not preferred/ allowed by the GM?... I just figured since a lot of the characters had been at teh school it would make sense that they probably would know each other at least to some extent.

"Oh, yes, I'm actually surprised that this hadn't come up at some point. Thank you for putting it out there. Yes, Ryuka will allow it. There would be a lacking element if students who had been there a while wouldn't know anything about other students.

As I stated a while ago, people who had been there at least five years would know that Celeste was a Level-B student, and anyone who has been there for more than a few weeks will learn that Celeste is a bitch, she hates Extrahumans even though she is one. She feels they are a danger to people and should be locked up, that is why she willingly contacted the school and 'transferred' to it.

Anyone who isn't new knows that Evangeline is not consistent most the time, she also thinks people should be able to control themselves and act in an appropriate manner to others, but also believes she is outside of this rule. If anyone wants to have previous connection with her, they'll also know Celeste as well, since Celeste was assigned to Evangeline early on in Evangeline's time at the school. (Also, any previous connect with her, I would like to play out a little of it in PM or Skype so that the other person and character have a feel of Evangeline prior to the game start. I also recommend this for characters with major connects, like I am doing a little thing between Celeste and Evangeline so I know how it feels to play them together.)

Mostly, Level-As and Bs have a higher chance of connections, but the Level-Cs do come to the B-Commons sometimes, so those connections are possible, too."

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I think my cat specialized intimidate other animals as in our area we had some foxes lurking about and they ate cats who were caught off guard. Viiru had got hit by car and he was paralyzed below his waist and in agony. In vet the doctor said if he does not try to recover in two weeks, he should be put down. But after a four days our cat tried to walk and in around week he was walking in slow careful stride. Over the years the only sign of his injury was that he was unable jump high and in older age needed help to get up to beds and other spots where he wandered before.

But we got other crazy unusual cats; Taku which was Viiru's first female mate could drag a 100kg car battery while she herself weigthed barely 5kg. She did this because we used that battery block a hole in wall and she wanted get into the hole which led to under stairs and there was another hole there which led to laundry room. So we wondered how she got always in to our laundry room which door was closed always. Then mom watched and saw how Taku moved the heavy car battery which weigthed 20 times more than she herself did.

Topi, our first litter boy cat was also odd, he got eaten by fox when he was five or six. But most cats dislike to get wet....but he slept in sink and he loved when water was poured over him (and it was not only during hot summers). Also when we had sauna he would sneak to dressing room and wait door opening and bolt into hot sauna and enter top seatting spots to bask in moist steam heat. Going down when he felt it was too hot for him XD.

But after Viiru died, we swore never get another cat as he was our first and so last cat in household. Out of respect and that I was discovered to have sensitivity to cats (and developed later astma). But have lots fond memories from our cats and couple litters what we had.

Zhu Que

"I think it is great to have so many interesting cats. My two inside ones, Momo and Baby, are weird. Baby has one eye because I got him when he was a kitten, his eye was infected and that is why I got him to take care of him. Baby is crazy, Pyrk can attest to this. He is also really talkative, and has learned how to play and steal things even with being at least 80% blind (vets tested his field of vision in his single eye).

Momo is fat and lazy, and demanding... and can talk... She says 'Mom', 'momma', 'out', 'water', 'but', 'help', a few others things, but the best one is 'bitch'.. She likes saying this when my 12yr old niece is around, I dunno why. Momo tends to get into tiny spats with Baby, cause he is still young and likes to play, and she doesn't want to at all, she is content being fat and lazy, lol.

Of my outside cats, Charlie loves attention, from anybody, and she is very accident prone. She's lost a toe and had to be confined inside for a long time, and she's also had issues of scrapes and cuts/wounds all her life, she is really adventurous and friendly. Priss 'Princess' is queen and demands others follow her rules. She protects the yard and everything, but the best thing is, she leads us to things. Like she was tracking a snake for us and leading us where she thought it was... Pyavi is a butt, she hates me, even though I raised her, she always runs from me if I walk over to pet her, and she glares at me all the time... If I can pick her up, she grumbles and squirms the whole time, to a point of hissing at me... B.Y.K. is a stray who has taken up to living in our yard and he's become part of the family, but he was abused before he got to us, so he always runs from us, though he does seem to love us in the sense that if we stay quiet and still, he'll walk to or near us without fear.

The best is the last one, Picert 'Princess-Squirrel' is so... weird. He won't respond if you call him prince, he is a princess and demands that is his title. When I lived somewhere else, he was an inside cat and would sit up on his hind legs with his tail curled against his back, he looked like a squirrel. My roommate then had a horribly loud cockatoo, and Picert hated that bird, and was deathly afraid of it. The bird ended up on the floor and chased Picert, and bit a small piece of his ear off.

About Taku moving the battery, I've seen cats move heavier things, it all depends on their willpower and why they want to move the item. Taku seems to really have wanted to in the laundry room, which is understandable. Cats have an intense attraction to laundry rooms.. Momo likes to try to climb in the dryer if we don't diligently watch the dryer when the door is open. Baby, who is about a pound, has moved the box of little, which is 20 pounds, just because it was where he wanted to lay.

Zaer Darkwail

Heh, your cats are also interesting bunch :). Topi, which was Viiru's and Taku's kitten, had once broken in through a closed window without breaking a glass! This happened only once. Mom's friend who slept in cellar level appartment room at the time during winter, so window was solidly closed to avoid freezing air. However while she slept, she felt suddenly a chill.....and then something land atop her chest! She got freaked out but quickly found it was Topi and window was open. It's one mysteries how a cat can unlock window from outside when lock is inside the room :P.

So even if dogs are easy to train for tricks but I personally like cats more as they are more independant and so far all cats with family had developed amazing personalities (one kitten which looked like Topi years after his death turned literally passed out to sleep if you picked him up).

Anyways sorry for sidetracking discussion in the thread :P. Should open a new thread dedicated to cats or pets in general from E's members (not sure is there one yet). As question what is general food menu in the ExCiv boarding school? Most interestingly; who among enforcers actually cooks or prepares the meals? As I doubt they let students themselves cook with all potential weapon usable cooking intensils.

Edit; Here is a curious youtube video I found regarding 'crazy cat scenes'.

blackcatotaku

Hmm that's a good point about the dinning aspect, I guess they wouldn't have food they would be expected to use a knife with but what about forks>? Is it just nothing but sporks? :P

So as far as opportunities for my character to interact with others I would imagine given her overall shy and evasive personality she wouldn't be acting out unless someone else another student or an enforcer pushed her to it but it would have to be extreme to not just make her run off and cry in her room and instead take action. So mousy little thing that Sophie is I imagine she's going to be spending a ton of time in her room, the art studio and library, when she is not in classes of course. She can be seen around the school sketching various things but she tries to keep her journal of sketches to herself but its usually of other people she finds interesting subjects so she probably has dozens of lots of the characters since they all seem to have such unique appearances because of their powers.

I would think she would be drawn to other students and tempted into interactions with those who are more artistically inclined or book-wormish giving her opportunities to interact with them in the studio and library. I also think it would be an interesting opportunity if someone confronted her or found out she had a slightly objectionable past time of drawing other people...I would also be interested in trying to role play through the first time one of her or another artists projects was taken from them because I think she would find that the most troubling aspect of the school. Having their personal pieces ripped from them, she views them as extensions of her own emotions and ideas so she would find it devastating to have it taken from her. So if anyone thinks they would like an opportunity to interact with Sophie before the game gets started let me know. :)

I would assume that since my character is an A level she would be able to interact with A and B level students not necessarily C level correct?