Finding Post in a single board

Started by Hunter, July 14, 2018, 06:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Is there a way to find all of your messages on a particular board?  I know I can do a keyword search but not (as far as I know) a search of just that board for everything I've posted.

Nico

Hrm. Not that I know of. I could be wrong of course!

But, another option that comes to mind is your own post history.

HockeyGod

If you go to your profile, then select "show posts" and then sort the posts by "Topics" it might organize it for you a little bit.

Oniya

Quote from: HockeyGod on July 15, 2018, 09:42:25 AM
If you go to your profile, then select "show posts" and then sort the posts by "Topics" it might organize it for you a little bit.

The 'Topics' option only shows threads that you have created - those where the initial post is yours.  I've been trying a number of search options researching this question, and haven't hit on anything yet.  The search feature does not appear to detect user names unless they are in the body of a post (like if someone else mentions your name.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hunter

Even if you do a keyword search for like "and", it still might not show you everything.   In addition, the keyword part of the search requires two letters or more.

Oniya

Common words are definitely less effective.  Short words/character groups have the potential of occurring just by chance.  That was why I started out looking for what would be unique to the post (like my username, which didn't work.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hob

I don't know about searching an entire board, but if you wanted to search just a thread, you could go to that thread and hit the Print option on the right. The resulting view will give you a full list of that thread in a printable format that you can then do a Ctrl-F on to find your username. The Print view gives dates and time-stamps, too, if that helps.