News:

Main Menu

Winter is Coming...

Started by Rhapsody, April 01, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel

Holy shit. Holy. Shit.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
First off, I was literally trying my hardest not to scream when we finally saw Lyanna and baby Jon. I knew it. I'm so glad this fan theory is canon because I've been on board since the moment I heard about it.

Second, why should Sansa care if Jon is the "King of the North"? She literally told him she didn't care, didn't she? We just can't have these two against each other. It'll break my heart.

Third, Arya!!! Revenge!!! I knew it was her from the second he said he didn't recognize her lol omg!!!

Fourth, Margaery and Loras didn't deserve that :-( and poor Tommen. Cersei is seriously batshit crazy. But you know what? He4r prophecy is almost complete. Now we await the Valonqar..

I need season seven already.
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Formless on June 26, 2016, 11:38:12 PM
They picked him up on their way? Plausible I guess ...

I think there was an implied time jump, the show does that a lot, jumps over large amounts of time without really informing you. Remember he left for Dorn far before Yara showed up with her ships.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Becca

Quote from: Ariel on June 26, 2016, 11:44:56 PM
Holy shit. Holy. Shit.

Second, why should Sansa care if Jon is the "King of the North"? She literally told him she didn't care, didn't she? We just can't have these two against each other. It'll break my heart.

Fourth, Margaery and Loras didn't deserve that :-( and poor Tommen. Cersei is seriously batshit crazy. But you know what? He4r prophecy is almost complete. Now we await the Valonqar..

I need season seven already.

I think Sansa's frown wasn't because of Jon being declared the Lord of the North. She smiled at him first, and the smile lingered. When she saw Little Finger staring at her she frowned.
I think it's more about Little Finger still being around and lusting over her, rather than Jon being the Lord of Winterfel

And yes, poor Loras and Margaery. I adored her, really wished she'd remain alive. Ah, well.

greenknight

Quote from: Becca on June 26, 2016, 11:49:32 PM
I think Sansa's frown wasn't because of Jon being declared the Lord of the North. She smiled at him first, and the smile lingered. When she saw Little Finger staring at her she frowned.
I think it's more about Little Finger still being around and lusting over her, rather than Jon being the Lord of Winterfel

And yes, poor Loras and Margaery. I adored her, really wished she'd remain alive. Ah, well.
I hate to say +1, but +1.
"Goddammit, we need the Vale, but I can't stand him!"
It's okay, your first husband will be there in , oh, about another season and a half. (What's the over/under?)

And who thinks Lady Mormont wants the Jon? And what happens when the crush comes face to face reality when Jon has to get hitched to [Dany?] in alliance?
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Deamonbane

I think we can all agree that we need to change the title of this thread to Winter has come.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Lilias

Quote from: Deamonbane on June 27, 2016, 01:00:35 AM
I think we can all agree that we need to change the title of this thread to Winter has come.

And start chanting 'Bitchfight! Bitchfight! Bitchfight!' until next season. ;D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Iniquitous

So, Robin is not Lord of the Vale since he is Littlefinger's son. Well, he isn't suppose to be since he wasn't Arrayn's son. I am not sure how that is going to play out.

I couldn't tell if Jaime was pissed at Cersei or not. But the prophecy does say she will be strangled by her younger brother... and she has two younger brothers.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Iniquitous on June 27, 2016, 12:26:21 PM
So, Robin is not Lord of the Vale since he is Littlefinger's son. Well, he isn't suppose to be since he wasn't Arrayn's son. I am not sure how that is going to play out.

I couldn't tell if Jaime was pissed at Cersei or not. But the prophecy does say she will be strangled by her younger brother... and she has two younger brothers.

He looked more terrified than anything, to me. There was a definite look of "oh fuck" on his face. Which fits, considering Cersei basically has nothing to humanize her without her children. I love that fabulous bitch.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

mannik

Quote from: Iniquitous on June 27, 2016, 12:26:21 PM

No...Cersei only has ONE younger brother...Jamie is her twin, so they are the same age give or take a few minutes. And considering that she's the only thing in the world he actually cares about, even proclaiming an eagerness to kill everyone else until they are the only ones left in the world, I doubt he'll be the one strangling her.

Tyrion on the other hand has every reason to kill the heartless bitch. And as a side note, Tyrion is the only Lanister I actually like. I've liked his character from the very beginning....but at least Jamie seems to have grown and evolved as a person during his time with Briane of Tarth. Like he got to see what honor actually looks like....and it happens to be a big ugly bitch. :P

And BP, you're probably the only one who loves Cersei...other than her brother of course. I mean, with all the shitty things she does to everyone around her. The lies, the manipulation and outright dishonor of her character...I've been waiting for something terrible to happen to her since season one. If Tyrion doesn't strangle her, Danny will feed her to the dragons, and I shall laugh. Just as I laughed when Jeoffery was poisoned...the viscous little cunt that he was. Watching her lose her children one by one has been fun and all, but she always seems to be rewarded for her misdeeds. Its high time the bitch was punished for once!

But over all, I for see a few things happening. Like Danny retaking the iron throne, I don't think the Lanisters can do a damned thing to stop her at this point. I for see her hooking up with the Starks and leading the fight against the Night King and the white walkers...I mean, if fire is the only thing that really kills them aside from obsidian and valarian steel, then dragons will make all the difference in that war. And since her enemies are the Lanisters, the Starks have no reason not to side with her. Especially since Jon's good buddy Tyrion is her right hand.

Also, the revelation about Jon Snow's mother took me by complete surprise, yet made perfect sense. Though, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that make him the rightful ruler of Westeros? I mean...Ned Stark's sister was kidnapped and raped by the mad king's brother, that's what that whole rebellion thing was about wasn't it? So that makes Jon Snow a Targarian, and a Stark...king by right of two royal bloodlines. Not that I think anyone is going to find out about that anytime soon...I mean, Ned took that secret to his grave, and Bran is a long way from home.

Covert Revulsion

I was flipping out the entire episode... alone.

Cersei... holy fuck she is good. She unknowingly got the throne and became Queen again which she wanted deep down, though obviously didn't want her child to die. Poor Tommen... Margery and Loras didn't deserve to die. She's a twisted fuck but honestly got what she deserved.

I only hope Jaime stops messing around with her and finally confesses his love for Brienne... (a girl can dream :P)

Ayra redeemed her family. That was just awesome.

Daenerys is coming for Westeros with her crew.

Rumors confirmed that Jon Snow is part Targaryan... Possible marriage between Danaerys and Jon in the future? (Especially since she did speak about suitors to her lover.)

Ariel

mannik, Jamie is Cersei's younger brother. He was born moments after she was. Twins aren't born at the same exact time, so technically, there will always be one that is older/younger than the other.
Not accepting new RPs

mannik

Quote from: Ariel on June 27, 2016, 01:58:55 PM
mannik, Jamie is Cersei's younger brother. He was born moments after she was. Twins aren't born at the same exact time, so technically, there will always be one that is older/younger than the other.

I said 'give or take a few minutes' what more do you want from me?

But no..I don't think the few moments difference between their births would be enough to warrant him being called a 'younger brother' in any prophecy. If it was specifically him, I think the witch would have said 'beloved brother' or something like that instead.

Ariel

Quote from: mannik on June 27, 2016, 02:02:41 PM
I said 'give or take a few minutes' what more do you want from me?

But no..I don't think the few moments difference between their births would be enough to warrant him being called a 'younger brother' in any prophecy. If it was specifically him, I think the witch would have said 'beloved brother' or something like that instead.

Maybe that's the point. To put Cersei's focus on Tyrion. After all, she does think he's going to be her undoing. And from what I've heard, Maggie's translation of Valonqar was rough, so there's a chance she didn't even translate it right. It could mean anyone.

You shoulda look up the theories of Jamie being the Valonqar. They're very interesting.
Not accepting new RPs

Stella

I'm just going to be over here, stuffing my hair in my mouth, sobbing messily and mourning.

Lilias

Quote from: mannik on June 27, 2016, 01:45:49 PM
Also, the revelation about Jon Snow's mother took me by complete surprise, yet made perfect sense. Though, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that make him the rightful ruler of Westeros? I mean...Ned Stark's sister was kidnapped and raped by the mad king's brother, that's what that whole rebellion thing was about wasn't it? So that makes Jon Snow a Targarian, and a Stark...king by right of two royal bloodlines. Not that I think anyone is going to find out about that anytime soon...I mean, Ned took that secret to his grave, and Bran is a long way from home.

The particular parentage has been floating around the fans of the books for several years; we just felt confirmed. :D Whether Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna or eloped with her, Jon is still illegitimate. He can more easily be, under a more stable regime, Lord Stark/Warden of the North than either of the girls, because of the culture. But a claim to the Iron Throne would have to best Daenerys, and that's not happening.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Iniquitous

It took me some time but I finally found the music that played throughout last night's show.  I fell in love with it and how hauntingly beautiful it was.  So, for anyone else that got chills listening to it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY2evrkfbiM

The composer's name is Ramin Dijwadi.

Bloodied Porcelain

I just want to say... I totally enjoyed seeing Margery die and the bulk of House Tyrell go out. >.> I kind of hated her, as a character. Not much depth there. Just a manipulative little shit who was moderately skilled at politicking and spent her days flouncing around in slutty clothes. Boring as fuck in the grand scheme of things. Cersei at least keeps it interesting with amazing plots and interesting brand of ruthlessness.

Iniquitous

Becca

So... didn't Jaime kill the Mad King for attempting to do just basically the same Cercei just did? Just saying...

Iniquitous

YUP!  I honestly don't know who I want to kill Cersei. Maybe all of them gang up on her?  Though I suspect it will be Jaime.

Becca

Quote from: Iniquitous on June 27, 2016, 10:37:35 PM
YUP!  I honestly don't know who I want to kill Cersei. Maybe all of them gang up on her?  Though I suspect it will be Jaime.
You know you're completely lost your mind when you think about the plan the Mad king had and go "Oh, yes, that's a good idea right there!"

mannik

I think the primary difference is that she didn't blow up the whole city, just the temple where her enemies...and a few hundred innocent bystanders were. Not the same as destroying an entire city. Besides, they were standing in the way of them being together...and he's said it many times, mass murder is ok so long as it means they can be together.

Iniquitous

I do not think he will be all too willing to go back to her now. Besides, in the books he has already turned his back on her.  I think he realizes she is batshit crazy now.

mannik

From what I understand, the show doesn't follow the books. Not exactly anyway. So you can't really be certain things will unfold the same way. Just like with walking dead and the comics. While the show and its producers may work closely with the original writers, what they make will still be its own thing, separate and unique.

Stella

Is it possible to mark this thread 'spoilers within'? Every post is under a spoiler tag. Or very nearly..