Lost on the Planes (Recruitment Thread)

Started by SheerFantasia, July 04, 2014, 08:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anon315

Quote from: SheerFantasia on July 07, 2014, 05:16:34 AM
@Muse:  The way I'm envisioning this game thus far is to have people bounce in and out over various scenarios, so everyone (if they remain interested) should get a chance at some point or another to try out their characters.  Each scenario would take up to 6 players, and once completed, a new scenario will be put up and a chance for different players to step up their characters for the challenge.  So if you have something in mind, feel free to post it up!

Seeing as there is still a bit of development going on, I think I will set the start date for the first adventure scenario on 14th July to give everyone time to solidify their character concepts.  It will come as no surprise that the first adventure will be to get the ship-base flying again and back in order.  I think I'll have the custom campaign traits I've been working on by the 10th.  If I did miss anybody's queries, just bring them to my attention via PM (there was a lot to look over!)

To those asking the question.

kongming

I think I'll back out. There are just too many people, I can't see myself keeping up. I'll do something crazy like go to bed, look at the thread the next day, see I've missed over a page of posts and go "Okay screw this". Besides, I find myself going "Oh oh oh I want to play thi-WAIT NO I WANT TO PLAY THAT INSTEA- oh oh oh! I could play..."

Disregard that, if there's only a handful of players in any given scenario it should be fine. After all, I do like the game idea, it is still something I want to do.

I'll put the Bard together, as long as Chulanowa really is fine with me doing that shtick this time round.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: kongming on July 08, 2014, 02:48:51 AM
I think I'll back out. There are just too many people, I can't see myself keeping up. I'll do something crazy like go to bed, look at the thread the next day, see I've missed over a page of posts and go "Okay screw this". Besides, I find myself going "Oh oh oh I want to play thi-WAIT NO I WANT TO PLAY THAT INSTEA- oh oh oh! I could play..."

Disregard that, if there's only a handful of players in any given scenario it should be fine. After all, I do like the game idea, it is still something I want to do.

I'll put the Bard together, as long as Chulanowa really is fine with me doing that shtick this time round.
Glad to hear you're sticking around.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

SheerFantasia

Huzzah!

On another note, I will have the finalised list of ship jobs (with what they entail) and officer prerequisites up by tomorrow (fingers crossed!) so that people can have a clearer idea of how to build their characters.

On another note, for the benefit of players, if anyone wants to co-GM in this game, to run concurrent missions so that some people aren't on the sidelines whilst one group is playing, just let me know.  (I'll put up a proper add in the GM section as soon as time allows, but just in case I thought I'd start here).

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: SheerFantasia on July 08, 2014, 03:46:39 AM
On another note, for the benefit of players, if anyone wants to co-GM in this came, to run concurrent missions so that some people aren't on the sidelines whilst one group is playing, just let me know.  (I'll put up a proper add in the GM section as soon as time allows, but just in case I thought I'd start here).

Given the amount of interest you've had that's probably an excellent idea.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

SheerFantasia

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on July 07, 2014, 08:39:20 PM
Same question as autocad.  Also, any 3.5 material available? 
Well be sticking mostly to Pathfinder material - some 3.5 material will be on a case for case basis only, though not classes (in my experience, the two have never meshed well together, despite claims otherwise)

Chulanowa

Go for it! Like I said, always playing the "face" character gets old. besides, I've got a wizard in the oven!

...or maybe it's a cleric. one or t'other!

kongming

Alluan Shera, Ray of Hope and Joy

Aasimar Bard 6
Chaotic Good Medium Outsider [Native]
Sex: Female
Position: Entertainer

STR14+2(14 +2)
DEX12+1(14 +2)
CON12+1(12 +1)
INT14+2(14 +2)
WIS08-1(8 -1)
CHA19+4(21 +5)

Languages:
Common, Celestial, Sylvan, Halfling,
Aboleth, Elven, Gnomish, Abyssal
Aklo, Aquan, Auran, Dark Folk
Undercommon, sphinx

Racial Traits:
Celestial Resistance: Acid/Cold/Electricity Resist 5
Truespeaker: +2 to Linguistics and Sense Motive
Halo: light, +2 vs Blind/Dazzle & +2 to Intimidate Evil
Spell-Like Abilities: Daylight or Searing Light 2/day

HP: 40/40
Initiative +7
BAB +4
CMB +6 CMD 16
Rapier +7 (1d6+3, 18-20/x2); Singing +9 (1d6+5); Singing Power Attack +7 (1d6+9)
Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +4
Armour Class: 18 (+2 Dexterity +1 Deflection +5 Armour)
-flat 16 touch 13

Feats:
Improved Initiative
Power Attack
Heavenly Radiance (Searing Light)

Skills:

SkillRanksBonusSpecial
Acrobatics0+14(Perform: Dance)
Appraise2+7-
Bluff0+17(Perform: String)
Diplomacy0+17(Perform: String)
Escape Artist5+10-
Perception1+4-
Perform (String)6+17(+18 for Bardic Performances)
Perform (Dance)6+14-
Perform (Percussion)6+16-
Intimidate1+9(+11 vs Evil)
Know (Arcana)1+6-
Know (Planes)1+6-
Know (Religion)1+6-
Know (Nature)1+6-
Know (Nobility)1+6-
Know (Geography)1+6-
Linguistics5+12-
Sense Motive5+10-
Sleight of Hand5+10-
Use Magic Device6+14-

Traits:
-Lillend's Harp (+1 to Perform: String, +2 if it's a Bardic Performance)
-Arcane Temper (+1 to Concentrate and Initiative)

Class Features:
Bardic Knowledge +3

Bardic Performance: 19 rounds/day
-Countersong (String)
-Distraction (Dance)
-Fascinate (String or Dance, 2 targets, DC 18)
-Inspire Courage +2
-Inspire Competence +2
-Suggestion (String or Dance, DC 18 (19 for attracted))

Cantrips: DC 15
-Dancing Lights
-Detect Magic
-Haunted Fey Aspect
-Mage Hand
-Prestidigitation
-Summon Instrument

Versatile Performances:
-String (Bluff, Diplomacy)
-Dance (Acrobatics, Fly)

Well-Versed
+4 to save vs Sonic, Language-Dependent, Bardic Performances

Lore Master
Can take 10 on Knowledge skills with at least 1 rank
1/day can take 20 as a Standard Action

Spellcasting:
1st Level: DC 16, 6/day
-Charm Person
-Cure Light Wounds
-Ear-Piercing Scream
-Enhance Water
2nd Level: DC 17, 4/day
-Blur
-Cacophonous Call
-Haunting Mists
-Allegro

Equipment:
Entertainer's Clothing
Chain Shirt +1 (1,250)
Charisma Circle +2 (4,000)
Rapier +1 (2,400)
Dexterity Belt +2 (4,000)
Ring of Protection +1 (2,000)
Wand of CLW 50/50 (750)
Wand of Divine Favour 50/50 (750)
MW Harp + Tambourine (200)
Bard Kit (41)
309 GP

Scrolls:
Burning Disarm (25)
Detect Animals or Plants (25)
Faerie Fire (25)
Spiked Armour (25)
Grease (25)
Silent Image (25)
Polypurpose Panacea (25)
Mount (25)
Mudball (25)
Web Bolt (25)
Recharge Innate Magic x2 (50)

Why she's on the ship:
Alluan was an orphan, with most guesses being that her parents were mostly human, with some elven ancestry. The signs show that somewhere down the line there was a Lillend, but people don't tend to keep track of family trees for the non-royalty. At any rate, with her parents dead in one of the various wars against one of the various threats, her story was pretty much hers alone - not carrying on the legacy of her forebears. Always a delight to those around her, and a teller of tales, Alluan wanted to see the world and explore, to make a name for herself.

She did her share of travelling before joining the crew on this ship, she already had a few tales and adventures under her belt - and a fair amount of treasure to boot. Granted, nobody can be quite sure if she's telling the truth about the time her old group killed a dragon as big as a mountain and that she just spent her share of the gold on wands and scrolls which have largely been used already...

Likes, dislikes, quirks and sexy stuff:
Above all else, Alluan abhors tyranny and bullying, and anything that resembles them. She can follow orders and work with a team, letting someone else be the leader, as long as the cause is just, but she doesn't tolerate tyrants. She's been known to enjoy a few drinks... and to be quite the entertainer afterwards, with her dances getting her arrested on a few occasions. Drunken stripping-for-all-viewers aside, she seems to only have an eye for other females, and is soft, loving and tender in contrast with her usual wild shows. That being said, she refuses to ever use magic to get someone into bed - though augmenting an already consensual encounter is another matter entirely.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: SheerFantasia on July 08, 2014, 05:40:22 AM
Well be sticking mostly to Pathfinder material - some 3.5 material will be on a case for case basis only, though not classes (in my experience, the two have never meshed well together, despite claims otherwise)

It was classes specifically that I would've wanted to included considering Pathfinder's current selection.  I'll just have to try to think up something else.  Probably a few feats at the very least, maybe.  But i'll cover them specifically I guess.

Also, depends on the classes you tried to mesh with Pathfinder.  Some 3.5 classes don't even mesh with other 3.5 classes let alone Pathfinder classes. 

Coming soon...

SheerFantasia

Alrighty then!  The second post has been updated with the Officer and crew positions, along with their requirements.

Phaia

Quote from: SheerFantasia on July 07, 2014, 05:16:34 AM
@Phaia: I do like that idea.  After a little review, I'll consider the following: everyone allocates a solid 30 lbs. from their weight allowance (i.e. a floating 30 lbs. that is always on them); they have 150 gp floating equipment bonus until 8th level were they have 200 gp, and 250 gp at 12th level.  Sound good to you? (or anyone else for that matter?)

The idea I took this from was this....
QuoteDeep Pockets (Ex)
A Pathfinder chronicler collects items as well as lore, picking up small amounts of this or that throughout her travels. As a result, she may carry unspecified equipment worth up to 100 gp per class level. This can be any kind of gear that can reasonably fit into a backpack, including potions and scrolls (but not any other sort of magic item). As a full-round action, the chronicler may dig through her pockets to retrieve an item she specifies at that time, deducting its value from the allocated amount of cost. This item cannot weigh more than 10 pounds. When the total remaining cost reaches 0, the chronicler can retrieve no more items until she refills her deep pockets by spending a few hours and an amount of gold to bring her total up to 100 gp per class level.

In addition, if she takes 1 hour to pack her gear each day, she gains a +4 bonus to Strength to determine her light encumbrance. This does not affect her maximum carrying capacity. The efficient distribution of weight simply encumbers her less than the same amount of weight normally should. Finally, the Pathfinder chronicler gains a +4 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks made to conceal small objects on her person.

I have no problem with using your offer and will happily avoid writing out all the various things she may stuck down in her backpack!!

Phaia

Phaia

She is just the Cook!!

The story of a cook!
Rainna smiled from the shadow of her food cart as the sounds of shouting drifted down from the near completed ship. "....it Tastes like MUSH AGAINNN!.... ruined a steakkk!!..." The crew and workers on the massive ship tried to find things to do away from the main deck as the Captian railed at the Ships head cook. She could almost tell the exact moment when the captain fired his cook. It was only minutes later that the harried tall thin male fled down the gang plank. Now Rainna would never ever admit it but things had worked out so far as she had hoped. She had spent the past 6 weeks with her cart serving the workers and the crew her fine stew as well as various other things from meat on sticks to fish fired and seasoned. The cart held all she owned, from her magic pack, to the fine made pots and pans she had invested in when she had heard of the ship and its mission.

Now though if things worked as she hoped she could leave the anicent cart and join the crew. It had taken time to set things up. The right curse on the head cook had taken time to work out, she after all did not want him dead, just anything he made ruined and food he bought rotted. She had dropped hints to the crew that had crowded her cart that she was looking for a new adventure and a way to leave the area. So it was no real surprise that an hour after the departure of the former cook the capatin himself walked up and took a bowl of stew. The first bite had him smile and the second brought a sigh of content to his lips. That was what it took to seal the deal...he gave her a week to see how she would do and that became two then a third as the ship was finished. By the time they set sail she was the Head cook feeding the crew and the officers and guests better then they had had in some time.

Rainna just hoped the Inquistors of the Church of Deawon could not follow where she was going. She never wanted to go back to being a slave and she would kill whoever she had too this time to stay free!

Known Name: Rainna
Alias': Slave, Witch of Darkmoor, 'Cookie'
Race: Aasimar -- Peri Blooded [Emberkin]
Sex: Female
Height and Weight: 5'10"; 120 pounds. Slim build but clearly hinting at the perfection of form that an Angel would have.
Eye Color and Hair Color: Gray eyes like the color of fine ash; Her hair is shimmering Brown with gold and red highlights [like strands of shifting fire], falling to her lower back when worn up with a ribbon and falling to her hips when let down.
Skin and Complexion: Golden hued skin, that seems to have a soft glow and is unblemished save for a Arcane brand on her right hip and various painted designs that seem to change often. [Prestidigitation]

Aasimars Racial Abilities:
Medium size; Base Speed 30 ft; +2 int/+2 cha
Type: Type: Aasimars are outsiders with the native subtype
Celestial Resistance: Aasimars have acid resistance 5, cold resistance 5, and electricity resistance 5
Skilled: Aasimar have a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge[Planes] and Spellcraft checks.
Spell-Like Ability (Sp): Aasimars can use Pryotechnics once per day as a spell-like ability (caster level equal to the aasimar's class level).
Darkvision: Aasimar have darkvision 60 ft. (they can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.)
Varient Traits:[GM approved]  minus Pryotechnics/ minus acid resistance 5 ... add Dex +2

Distinguishing Marks: Tends to wear painted on vivid tattoos that change with her mood and whim. Normally found on her shoulders and arms; wrists and fingers; hips and legs; even small ones on back. On her right hip normally concealed by some image is a special 'Arcane Mark' with hidden componets that show up with a 'Detect Magic' Spell.
Arcane Mark-Slave Brand
The Arcane Mark shows she was branded as a slave by the Lords of Gra'ahlort.
With the use of a 'Detect Magic' Spell other marks appear showing she was a trained as a skilled pleasure slave.
Drawback: Mark of Slavery: -- Effect: Whenever you fail a skill check, you take a –2 penalty on any skill check or attack roll you attempt before the end of your next turn unless it is a part of retrying the failed skill check.  [Brand on right hip--see history]
Traits:
Eyes and Ears of the City: -- Gain a +1 trait bonus on Perception checks, and Perception is always a class skill for you.
Two-World Magic : -- Add Prestidigitation to list of spells known.
Paragon of Speed: -- Gain a +2 trait bonus on Initiative checks.

Languages Known: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Elven, Sylvan, Lip Reading

She's a witch...a WITCH!

'The shiny bits and pieces that makes things work!'

Class; Level; Experience Points: Witch; Level 6; 23000 EXP [unless using fast leveling then 15000]
Alignment: Neutral Good
Patron: Deception

Ability Scores: Str-07 [-2 Mod]/ Dex-16 [+3 Mod]/ Con-14 [+2 Mod]/ Int-22* [+6 Mod]/ Wis-10/ Cha-10
*Headband of Vast Intelligence +2

If they get close for enough for melee then she has done something wrong!!

AC: 19* Touch AC - 16; Flat footed - 15; CMD - 12  [*with mage armor]
Hit Points: 44
Initiative: +13
Saves: Fort +6/ Reflex +7/ Will +7
Melee:    +3
CMB:      +3
Ranged: +6
Touch Attack: +3
Ranged Touch: +6

Weapons:
Light Crossbow: +6 to hit/ 1d8 dam/ 19-20/x2 crit/ 80ft range/ 4lbs [move action to reload]
Dagger x2: +3/ 1d4 dam/ 19-20/x2 crit/ 10 ft range/ 1lb@

Feats:
Improved Initiative: -- Gain a +4 bonus on initiative checks.
Extra Hex: -- Fortune
Extra Hex: -- Misfortune

Skills:
Name +Total
*Acrobatics +9, Appraise +11 [5 ranks], Craft [Stew] +10, Fly +12, Knowledge[Arcana] +12, Knowledge[Planes] +14, Knowledge[Nature] +10, Perception +9/+11 [Alertness when Familar near by],
Profession[Cook] +9 [6 ranks], Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +7   
*Headband of Vast Intelligence +2

'She cursed me with the EVIL EYE!!'

Her cackle is more like a mad giggle!

Hexs: A hex is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
Hex Save DC 19
Slumber: Cause a creature within 30 feet to fall into a deep, magical sleep. This hex can affect a creature of any HD. A creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.
Evil Eye: 30ft range; Target takes a –2 penalty on one of the following (witch’s choice): AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks. This hex lasts 8 rounds. A Will save reduces this to just 1 round.
Cackle: Cackle madly as a move action. Any creature that is within 30 feet that is under the effects of an agony hex, charm hex, evil eye hex, fortune hex, or misfortune hex caused by the witch has the duration of that hex extended by 1 round.
Fortune: Grant a creature within 30 feet a bit of good luck for 1 round. Once per round, reroll any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, taking the better result.
Flight: 6 minutes per day. These minutes do not need to be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1-minute increments. This hex only affects the witch.
Misfortune: Cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result.

'That Old Black Magic!'

Magic:
Spells Per Day:
Cantrips [0 level] DC- 16: 4 per day--not expended when used--Prestidigitation, Touch of Fatigue, Resitance, Message
1st Level DC- 16: 5 per day--Ear Peircing Scream, Frostbite, Ill Omen, Enlarge Person, Mage Armor
2nd Level DC- 17: 5 per day--Invisibility, Glitterdust, Touch of Idiocy, Spectral Hand, Blindness/Deafness
3rd Level DC- 18: 3 per day--Stinking Cloud, Excruciating Deformation, Bestow Curse

Spells Known: Held in her Familar [*spells from her patron]
0 level: All Witch Cantrips + Prestidigitation [trait]
1st level: *Ventriloquism, Cure Light Wounds, Ear Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Frostbite, Ill Omen, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Burning Hands, Identify
2nd Level: *Invisibility, Blindness/Deafness, Glitterdust, Spectral Hand, Touch of Idiocy, Carry Companion, Limb Lash, Lipstitch
3rd Level *Blink, Excruciating Deformation, Bestow Curse, Stinking Cloud, Remove Curse

'Equipment, Gear and Things; both Magical and Mundane'

Magic Things: - 15275 gp
Headband of Vast Intelligence +2 [4000]
Handy Haversack [2000]
Ring of Protection +1 [2000]
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 [2000]
Cloak of Resistance +2 [4000]
Pearl of Power- 1st [1000]
Wand of Mage Armor [750]
Scroll of Identify x4 [100]
Scroll of Mount x2 [50]
Scroll of Enlarge Person x2 [50]
Scroll of Comprehend Languages [25]
Scroll of Sentry Skull x2 [300]

Things 'n' Stuff: - 710 gp, 5sp
Things:
Various Spices [1lb@]--Allspice, Basil, Hot Chilies, Garlic, Ginger, Mint, Mustard, Nutmeg, Oregano, Pepper [2lbs], Salt [2lbs],  [22.5]
Chocolate -2lb [20], things and stuff in backpack 30lbs [150], Monks outfit x2 [10],
Bathtub, collapsing [15], Hammock, Soap x5, Heatstone [50], Mirror [10], Sealord Wine x2 [30], Elven Trail rations --14 days -14 lbs [28], Night Tea -100 days [used 10] [10], Alchemist's Kindness x20 [20],
Skeleton Key [85], Oldlaw Whiskey [20],

Total coins: 14 gp, 5sp

Weapons: Light crossbow [35] dagger x2 [4] bolts x10 [1gp]

Rainna's Familar; 'Trouble'

Compsognathus  +4 Initiative bonus to Rainna
Init +6; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +12
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +2 size)
hp 24 (6d8+2); Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6
Speed 40 ft., Swim 20 ft.
Melee bite +3 (1d3 plus poison) Bite—injury; save Fort DC 12; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save.
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks poison
Str 8, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 5
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 9
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +14, Swim +10

While a familiar is within arm's reach, Rainna gains the Alertness feat.
Rainna has an empathic link with her familiar to a 1 mile distance.
Improved Evasion: A familiar takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw and half damage even if the saving throw fails.
Rainna may cast a spell with a target of “You” on her familiar (as a touch spell) instead of on herself.
A witch’s familiar stores all of the spells that a witch knows, and a witch cannot prepare a spell that is not stored by her familiar.
A witch must commune with her familiar each day to prepare her spells
Rainna's familiar can deliver touch spells or hexes for her
Rainna and Trouble can communicate verbally as if they were using a common language

Phaia

so cooky is done with how she got on board....

Sheer did ya need a more indepth background for her!

Phaia

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: SheerFantasia on July 04, 2014, 08:09:13 AMFor every Cook that works under the Head Cook, the kitchen can produce meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) for up to 6 people on board the ship (e.g. if the Sasskiana has a crew of 20, it will require a team of 4 Cooks, to make enough food during the course of a day).  Cooks answer to the Head Cook of the ship.[/i]

The Great Ramsey sneers. Food for six? These people would never last in the restaurant biz!

Ouch, Quartermaster just got a lot more costly, but the language requirement for negotiating with provisioners is apparent. Hm.

Come to think of it, Physician would make a lot more sense for an alchemist, given their special alchemical bonuses. A healer who relied purely on healing magic and couldn't whip up batches of potions would have more trouble keeping a crew of 60 up on their feet when sickness hits the ship (and gamemaster intentions or not, that's realistically what you're looking for more often than surgery) than someone who had alchemical capabilities. Is one of our magical healers going to apply for that role? Or shall I? *Starts juggling points in both directions on two separate sheets.*

Also...Crew gain diversely useful bonuses (okay, some obviously more useful than others) but officers (who have much, much larger investment of skill ranks than many crew) don't gain any particular bonuses besides their position? There's just a vast contrast between the Deckhand (4 ranks investment, gains a feat), the Entertainer (avoiding Surprise = huge), and diverse of the officers who have to expend feats and as many as 20 skill ranks (!) for...The shiny nameplate on their office door. And some of the feats are not 'class' feats...And some classes are extremely feat-starved.

I would like to nominate Master Alchemist as a possible Feat reward for the Physician's investment, perhaps Augment Summoning or Elemental Channel for the Master Artificer, Master Craftsman for the Master Carpenter, Master Navigator is tough...Skill Focus: Profession (Navigator)?, Helm Master perhaps Lightning Reflexes, and...Hmmmm. For Quartermaster and Master of Scouts I'm not really sure...Mounted Combat, perhaps, for the MoS?

Dang, Quartermaster is hard. How about Master of the Ledger but applying "when dealing with anyone of your profession" to "when dealing with any merchant?"

I apologize for what probably seems like a rather critical post, but it just seems to me that the officers are spending massive amounts of skill ranks and (for most of them) at least one feat with very little return.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Bibliophilia

Tossing my hat into the ring with a Sylph Gunslinger.  I'll have a sheet by this weekend!

Chulanowa

BLAGH! Still struggling on this. I'd really like to make my Wizard. But two wizards would just be a lot of overlap. The group is screaming for a heavy fighter-type... but right now my only solid idea for a heavy fighter (barbarian / Fighter / Cavalier / paladin / samurai) isn't on the approved list of races (I could probably think of something besides the gnollish badass living in my head, but it's what i have at the moment)... because I'm such a damned snowflake  >:)

Anyone have smart advice?

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 09, 2014, 10:40:05 PM
BLAGH! Still struggling on this. I'd really like to make my Wizard. But two wizards would just be a lot of overlap. The group is screaming for a heavy fighter-type... but right now my only solid idea for a heavy fighter (barbarian / Fighter / Cavalier / paladin / samurai) isn't on the approved list of races (I could probably think of something besides the gnollish badass living in my head, but it's what i have at the moment)... because I'm such a damned snowflake  >:)

Anyone have smart advice?

Kobold heavy fighter. Come on, you know you want to. Run screaming around the edges of the deck menacing boarders. "GET OFF THIS SHIP OR I WILL DESTROY YOUR KNEECAPS."

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Bibliophilia

My little Gunner First Class is coming along nicely.  She's surly, loves to drink and has a strangely intimate affection for her weapons.

It's not complete, but this is what I have so far.

Kivana

Belisuavious

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on July 10, 2014, 12:04:58 AM
Kobold heavy fighter. Come on, you know you want to. Run screaming around the edges of the deck menacing boarders. "GET OFF THIS SHIP OR I WILL DESTROY YOUR KNEECAPS."

Bonus points for using a club (or similar blunt object) bigger than you.

SheerFantasia

First update, I've reduced the requirements for Deckhand so as to make it an easy entry-level position that everyone should have been able to enlist on board the ship with, and most of the bonuses of the other crew positions have been revised.

Also added significant NPCs section to the second post.

@Phaia: Plenty has been provided so all is well!

@CarnivalOfTheGoat:  Well, food for 6 over the period of an entire day (and not stains on a plate either, lol).  I've adjusted the crew bonuses, but as for the Officer positions, the reason they don't have equivalent bonuses is because they will be subject to unique opportunities for advancement (hmm, now that I look at it, I didn't make that obvious; I'll amend that).  BTW, loved the 'warm bloods are exotic' panel (I wonder if its something to come...)

@Bibliophilia:  Welcome Bibliophilia!  I was wondering when someone was going to offer up a gunslinger!

Ghostwheel

Bibliophilia

Amazing list, Carnival!  Kivana is going to take a Gunner's position, by the way.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

The Crew So Far...

Player   Character   Gender   Race   Class   Position   
Anon315   Ferren   Male   Android   Rogue 6   Ship's Security   
Autocad            What are Birds? We just don't know.      
Bibliophilia   Kivana   Female   Sylph   Gunslinger 6   Master Gunner   
CarnivalOfTheGoat   Iksenitrix   Female   Kobold   Alchemist 6   Quartermaster?   
Chulanowa            Wizard?      
ExisD   Maia Lea Tesar   Female   Elf   Conjurer 6   Master Artificer?   
Ghostwheel   Ramza   Male   Half-Elf   Oracle 1, Paladin 2, Sorcerer 3      
Jecter   Roderick Rutgar   Male   Human   Ranger 6      
Kongming   Alluan Shera   Female   Aasimar   Bard 6   Entertainer   
Loki Aesir   Tsume   Male   Human   Monk (Zen Archer) 6   Master Carpenter?   
Phaia   Rainna   Female   Aasimar   Witch 6   Cook!   

*Whimpers and chews her own arms off* I really hate the way most forums (especially BBCode) implement tables.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Chulanowa

ya messed up the URL for your kobold, Goat

I will no doubt have my fighter 1 / Rogue 1 / Sorcerer 1 / Oracle 1 / paladin 1 / expert 1 kolbold-heritaged half-drow ready and declaring its dodge on everyone shortly!

(yes this is a joke)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 10, 2014, 09:19:26 PM
ya messed up the URL for your kobold, Goat

Not exactly. I haven't finished getting her sheet straightened out enough to post a URL yet. But she's got a name...

And I do prefer Carny, please. :)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek: