News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Broken Signature Links?

Started by Drake Valentine, July 03, 2014, 07:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Okay, so I tried to edit in a banner with clickable link in my signature. Every time I do it, the banner doesn't show. Instead I get just the url to the forum page and the image code is blank

For example.

[url=link][img]Banner img[/img][/url]

It ends up as this.
[url=link][img]missing url[/img]

My siggy as example.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Ends up as

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request

After editing.

Am I doing something wrong in coding? I know it didn't exceed character limit.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Kye

Drake Valentine

Yep, noticed that after looking at another similar inquiry. Thanks though. ^^

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Kye

Kitsunetsuki

Actually, I had the same problem trying to add this little guy to my signature today:

No matter what I did, after saving the image url would be stripped from the signature. In the end, I opened the image url separately, copy/pasted the url direct from the address bar & tried it again, and it took (though I had issues w/formatting, so I ended up taking it out anyway). Not sure if it was cookie related or whatever. *shrug*

Just saying, it happened even though the image was uploaded in the wiki. (maybe notepad rendered something funny in the original copy/paste? that's the only thing I can think of)

UPDATE:
Never mind, I figured out why it wasn't working. The code lists the image's url w/o the https (only http) and due to the coding you have in place for signatures, they have to have the https (which explains why it worked after I cut & pasted it from the address bar). All this to say, yes, the images need to be uploaded to the wiki, and make sure the url linking to them includes the "s" in https.
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Rhedyn

I'm glad you mentioned that, Kitsunetsuki. It was posted before the switch over so I've changed the code thingy for it now.

Oreo

You can also end up with glitches if you place a picture, then text, then another picture. The window seems to prefer that the pictures come first and any text at the end of the coding.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: Rhedyn on July 04, 2014, 03:29:16 AM
I'm glad you mentioned that, Kitsunetsuki. It was posted before the switch over so I've changed the code thingy for it now.
No worries ;D I meant to PM you about it to let you know.

Thanks for the tip, Oreo! *hugs*
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]