Long Nights - Freeform Vampire Apocalyptic Sandbox Group - Open Recruitment

Started by GnothiSeauton, February 06, 2017, 02:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on February 07, 2017, 10:47:41 PM
It seems like a central location is going to be the way to go.

I had hoped to get things finished and put up tonight, but ran into some stuff and decided to just chill out on the couch.  I'm putting somethings together and getting things in order.  It's my hope that I'll have things fixed up and put up tomorrow.

No rush, take your time and don't push yourself too hard :)

LSWSjr

Just a warning from someone who's run a vampire apocalypse three (four?) times now, give the infected a bunch of weaknesses/rules or they will TPK after the first couple of nights.

My most successful had a really interesting weakness of (bodies of) water... the survivors eventually made a heated pool to sleep in at night and those lost in the cities would immerse themselves in fall bathtubs to avoid the vamps :D

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: LSWSjr on February 08, 2017, 03:36:48 AM
Just a warning from someone who's run a vampire apocalypse three (four?) times now, give the infected a bunch of weaknesses/rules or they will TPK after the first couple of nights.

My most successful had a really interesting weakness of (bodies of) water... the survivors eventually made a heated pool to sleep in at night and those lost in the cities would immerse themselves in fall bathtubs to avoid the vamps :D

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

That's not unlike what I was planning.

Thanks for reminding me about the weakness to water. I was going to add that to my write up and totally forgot it.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bibliophilia

I'm down for a more action-oriented character in this.  I'm thinking forensic investigator or P.I. with high marksmanship.  -ponders.-  What about arrows/crossbow bolts, Gnothi?  Would silver-plated tips work on a heart-shot, or does it have to be solid silver?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 08, 2017, 05:59:25 AM
I'm down for a more action-oriented character in this.  I'm thinking forensic investigator or P.I. with high marksmanship.  -ponders.-  What about arrows/crossbow bolts, Gnothi?  Would silver-plated tips work on a heart-shot, or does it have to be solid silver?

Arrows/crossbow bolts could definitely work.

Silver plated tips would cause harm.  Depending on where it hits, it could kill them or cause great harm.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Alright...

The front post and subsequent post have been edited to fully open it up, as well as to include character sheet information.

There's absolutely no rush on doing sheets.

I don't have a time table for the opening of IC threads.  It probably won't be until after the 14th at the earliest.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Also...

Sorry for the triple post...

But I went ahead and did up the Game Information and Character Sheets thread.  I have two of my own up there for examples and possible connections.  That can be found here (link).

If anyone has any questions or needs any help, please feel free to let me know.  My inbox is always open.

Seeking New Stories

Remiel

I'm in like Flynn! 

Would it be possible to recycle Lt. Michael Kowalski for this group?

Lustful Bride

Im so tempted to make my character a pyromaniac.  >:)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

eiselmann

I'm thinking of making my character either a New Zealander or English  ...so my question is what impact does this have beyond the America's .?...has it spread around the world?,  or would you be looking at the potential for overseas nations with the capability to do so, being contactable and offering potential refuge or aid .
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Remiel on February 08, 2017, 07:59:24 PM
I'm in like Flynn! 

Would it be possible to recycle Lt. Michael Kowalski for this group?

Sent you a PM :)

Quote from: Lustful Bride on February 08, 2017, 08:12:26 PM
Im so tempted to make my character a pyromaniac.  >:)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Haha, a pyro could be interesting.

Quote from: eiselmann on February 08, 2017, 10:57:49 PM
I'm thinking of making my character either a New Zealander or English  ...so my question is what impact does this have beyond the America's .?...has it spread around the world?,  or would you be looking at the potential for overseas nations with the capability to do so, being contactable and offering potential refuge or aid .

Right now, with the timeline that's done up, I have it so that the world beyond the Americas has largely begun to quarantine the hemisphere.  There's evacuation attempts in South America as the infection spreads south, but for the large part, the people in the United States are in the dark, so to speak, about what's going on outside of the country.

Seeking New Stories

eiselmann

Cool , I daresay most countries that could help would choose not to , most Nato countries might be completely concerned about keeping the virus away from their own shores, while less friendly countries might be more inclined to let the US descend into a non entity.

The Brits of course would not lightly turn their back on the US in time of need and they definitely would come to Canada's aid so they might be looking for a way to help where they knew help could be delivered.

Random idea for my character ...if I go down the 'He's English' path is that he works at the UK Embassy in D.C, and was on holiday seeing the wider US...I could give him the capability to get a hold of the 'right people' in Her Majesty's Government if any lines of communication can be found and utilized...might give an ability to access outside help from time to time (air drops that sort of thing)

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

LSWSjr

Depending on character balance I'll probably throw an application in later on, it'd be nice to be a player in a Vamp Apocalypse game for a change :D

Most likely they'll be an Aussie guy/girl, either a soldier or federal police officer working on an operation in the US.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: eiselmann on February 08, 2017, 11:45:20 PM
Random idea for my character ...if I go down the 'He's English' path is that he works at the UK Embassy in D.C, and was on holiday seeing the wider US...I could give him the capability to get a hold of the 'right people' in Her Majesty's Government if any lines of communication can be found and utilized...might give an ability to access outside help from time to time (air drops that sort of thing)

I certainly wouldn't mind someone working for, say, the UK Embassy, but would jave to say no to the lines of communication to establish air drops and the like.

Quote from: LSWSjr on February 09, 2017, 12:15:24 AM
Depending on character balance I'll probably throw an application in later on, it'd be nice to be a player in a Vamp Apocalypse game for a change :D

Most likely they'll be an Aussie guy/girl, either a soldier or federal police officer working on an operation in the US.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Sounds like an interesting character.  No idea what the make up is going to be or how many are going to join up. 

Seeking New Stories

eiselmann

I certainly wouldn't mind someone working for, say, the UK Embassy, but would jave to say no to the lines of communication to establish air drops and the like.

--------------

All good . If I don't go with a guy working at the UK Embassy, I'll likely have a New Zealander on his OE....hmm an Aussie and a Kiwi trapped in the US....watch the trans tasman mockery commence.

My ons and offs link

Bibliophilia

I'm face-claiming this guy, Daniel Sheehan, for William Forsythe.  He's a former sailor, as in he worked on a ship, and survivalist.  So, basically Bear Grylls, except not a pansy-ass television personality who takes celebrities into the 'wilderness'.  -giggles.-

Relikai

I've come up with a Cook, so ya'll got ya food needs settled  8-)

GnothiSeauton

Okay, real quick, I fudged up.

I added a Face/Play-By Claim field in the character sheet, just above the special notes section.  I totally forgot about that when working up the sheet.  If you're working on a sheet, please add that in.  I've already added it to the code.

And Relikai, since you submitted your sheet before I caught that, you don't need to resubmit.  Just add it in when I get back to you.

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 09, 2017, 02:56:36 AM
I'm face-claiming this guy, Daniel Sheehan, for William Forsythe.  He's a former sailor, as in he worked on a ship, and survivalist.  So, basically Bear Grylls, except not a pansy-ass television personality who takes celebrities into the 'wilderness'.  -giggles.-

Ooh, me likes.

Seeking New Stories

la dame en noir

Finding a face claim will determine if I finish this profile or not lol
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 09, 2017, 12:30:19 PM
Finding a face claim will determine if I finish this profile or not lol

Haha...  I know how that goes.  If you need any help, more than happy to do so.

Also...  A note...  I turned Captain Davis into a GM Character.  This means that, should another GM come aboard, he will be available for them to use as well, as he is a character designed to help progress the story and narrative.  I'll still write him, and will have him open for interactions and such.  It's just a clarification that I wanted to put out there that he is not really intended for major connections/relations, and is there more for the story and helping to get people active.  I have another character of a similar designation in the works, but will be revealed at a later date, as he is going to be a major character in terms of the story and narrative.

Seeking New Stories

Ebb

This looks like fun. Working on a character idea now. Probably a released prisoner.

Bibliophilia

I think my second character is going to be a female engineer, someone good at jury-rigging electronics and figuring out booby-traps.

Orange Marmalade

I'm still pondering concepts, but stumbled on something amusing.

Can I just be the guy who has a bunch of these? :D

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dj9Udtkwv4M?wmode=transparent&rel=0

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories