News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Wrath of the Righteous (Closed)

Started by Dakkon, April 02, 2015, 04:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eBadger

Aesa's racial breakdown:
I basically designed everything with the idea of hellfire incarnate.  10 RP total. 

Outsider - 3 points
-Darkvision 60'
The exact nature of Aesa's father isn't perfectly clear, but his blend of demonic energies and fire certainly originates from somewhere else.  Fortunately, her emergent tie to elemental fire seems to have incinerated most of the foulness from her soul, perhaps encouraged by the humanity she so often ignored. 

Size: medium - 0 points
Half human, and morphologically similar to one, Aesa is unexceptional in stature.

Base Speed: normal - 0 points

Ability Scores: standard - 0 points

Language: standard - 0 points

Elemental Immunity: fire - 4 points
Aesa is immune to her natural element, a prerequisite for playing with fire.

Elemental Affinity: fire - 1 point
The synergy of her own energy makes her fire-related spells more potent. 

Fast - 1 point
While larger leaps through dimensions (represented by her Arcanist exploit) require more focus to convert herself momentarily into smoke and flame, smaller skips are simpler.  When pushing herself, she trails smoke and sparks. 

Skill Training: intimidate & perception - 1 point
The darker aspects of her father's nature are diminished, but not entirely absent.  Her gaze seems to pierce to ones very soul, plucking out the secrets around her. 

Quote from: FallenDabus on April 03, 2015, 05:09:37 PM
Please post a breakdown of your custom race in this thread so that I can go over it. Also, I'm not a big fan of custom items, so I'm going to disallow the Hellfire Pendent. Sorry.
No prob on the pendant; I'll keep it as a mundane object for now.  My intention is to jazz it up with crafting as she levels, representing increasing manipulation of her element; was just looking for an excuse to have it start magic. 

Quote from: Morganatic on April 03, 2015, 05:43:09 PMJust got to say congrats on your excellent taste wrt. the extremely fashionable trait
Thank ya!  I like the traits, so much better story to work in than feats.  Honestly I think the three I picked ended up defining most of her back story.

Blinkin

Damn, with all of these fasenating character offerings, a poor ordinary human ranger doesn't seem to have a chance. Perhaps it's back to the drawing board.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Pockets

Hey Blinkin,

I'm playing a poor ordinary Human Rogue, so don't worry too much. Remember, quality over oddity.
08/02 - New A/A Update

TheGlyphstone

Yup. Not to mention, being odd loses its impact if you don't have normality to contrast against. But writing and character quality are the biggest factor.

And damn, waiting 2 weeks is going to hurt.

Bibliophilia

I have an Oracle that I'm going to tweak up to fit the setting.  -rubs hands together.-  I love me some Oracles.

ChaoticSky

Bibliophilia

Alright, so I've decided to just work up a whole new character.  She's going to be an Oracle of Shelyn with the Heavens mystery.  Dabus, I noticed you said Fetchlings were cool if one could find a way to lower the RP.  Does the same go for Aasimar?  If so, then I'd like to make her an Aasimar and rework the stats to drop her into the right RP.

Ghostwheel

Name: Ness Fallstar

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Wild Caller Summoner

Campaign Trait: Child of the Crusade OR Exposed to Awfulness OR Riftwarden Orphan

The power of the demons that ebbs and flows through the Worldwound is a corrupting force, one that seeks to twist everything in its path into a depraved form bereft of rationality or the natural order of the world. Nature was no meager force, however, to be cowed and torn down without a word, nor were those that dwelt within it, that guarded it from the encroaching darkness. The Sidhe were among the vanguard of those sworn to protect the natural world, and among the greatest of them was the Leanan Sidhe. However, even the Sidhe, great lords and ladies of faerie power had a limit; they were unable to affect the world directly, except in very specific ways. Rather, they had to use a conduit, and for this task they chose a boy who was still young when the Fourth Crusade began.

Ness grew up on a small town on the outskirts of Kenabres by the name of Melanfon. His parents, both riftwardens in their own right, were part of the guard that protected the wardstones and ensured that they remained whole even as the entire might of the demon armies made attempt after attempt to destroy the wards that protected the rest of the world against their advance. They, along with most of the adults within the village had been conscripted in previous crusades or continued to stand guard against the demons, the last wall of defense against a mountain of rage and teeth, leaving Ness and the rest of the children to be cared for by the village elders, many in their late years and barely able to tend their own fields much less care for young children.

And so Ness and the others ran wild for a time, within the deep forests surrounding the village, left to much their own devices. It was on one of these adventures that Ness became lost in the forest. He wandered for hours, the quiet forest that he had always been sure he had known like the back of his own hand becoming a twisty thing of brambles and thorns ready to snatch at him, tree branches like arms swaying in the wind to catch at his hair and clothing. Finally he broke down, crying, and that was when a beautiful woman came to him in the guise of an elf. She was the loveliest thing he had ever seen, and immediately his tears tried as his face broke in awe at her presence. She introduced herself to him as simply "Leah", and promised to guide him home if he agreed to a request. Still a boy, he thought nothing of it, and immediately agreed. With a smile, she bid him close his eyes, and as soon as he did so the very earth seemed to spin about him, and he found himself at the entrace of Melanfon once more.

Years passed, and Ness forgot of his encounter with the lady. However, the Demon Lords had an inkling of the Sidhe plan, and thought to easily cripple it. Managing to get a single contingent of their lowest-level soldiers under guises past the wardstones, a great undertaking yet one that would go far, they came in the dead of night to attack the village. They laid waste to Melanfon, slaughtering the elderly by the dozens, as well as leaving no child untouched, for they knew that one of them was integral to the Sidhe plan, if they knew not which. Ness, for his part, was left shivering within a barn able to do nothing and feeling helpless as his companions and caretakers were slaughtered before his eyes through the slit in the barn window.

Then the woman came to him again, after so many years, appearing beside him. She spoke quiet words, her eyes glowing with a fey light, and she reminded him of his request, and promised to protect him if only he entered a deeper bargain with her. Desperate, he agreed, and she instructed him to say words of eldritch power. He could feel the power mounting within his body as the words began to shape themselves within his mouth with barely any guidance needed, and at the end of the chant he saw a feline smile cover the Sidhe woman's mouth. "And now, you are mine," she whispered with a smile before everything went black and he felt darkness consume him.

It was a time later that he awoke, several miles from the village as daybreak stole upon the landscape. Even from where he stood, he could see there were no signs of life; a contingent of knights had been sent out by Kenabres to put down the raid, and while they had successfully destroyed the invading demons, they had come too late to save the people who had populated the village. Breaking down and crying, despite being of age now, Ness railed at the woman. Why could she have not saved anyone else? It was so unfair. A rage came about him, and he swore. He would kill them, kill them all, no matter what he must do, no matter what he must sacrifice. The demons had to die for what they had done.

"It is good that you feel that way, for what is done is done," came the voice behind him, and he spun to see the Sidhe woman. She introduced herself to him as the Leanan Sidhe, and that she had bound an aspect of herself to his own spirit, and would use him as a weapon to strike such a blow against the demons that they might never recover. All the while she spoke, the ghost of a smile haunted her lips, tantalizing him with knowledge unspoken, and he glared back. She had used him, and he became certain that he had been the reason that the demons had attacked the sleepy village.

He grew angry with her too, and tried to defy her, but suddenly his tongue stuck to the roof of his mouth and she made a tsk sound with the roof of her mouth while shaking a reproachful finger at him. He could feel the geas settle upon him like a heavy winter coat, yet could do nothing about it as she explained that by enacting the ritual, he was now beholden, at least partially, to her will. And so she instructed him to leave the remains of the village and seek like-minded crusaders in Kenabres who might help him in his journey to attempt to defeat the demon armies... or die trying.

Appearance:

Ness himself is a young man just a year or two above the age of twenty. He often wears clothes of his upbringing of natural colors, of browns and greens, though that may be in part due to the influence the Sidhe have upon him. He often comports himself with a grace and surety that may also not be entirely his own, almost as though getting specific instructions unconsciously of how to walk and speak to be enchanting as one of the Sidhe themselves. Upon the back of one hand is a strange mark which mirrors the one on the one who has bound him.

The Leanan Sidhe's shadow, on the other hand, is a creature of such fey power that it is difficult to relate to her whatsoever. As a creature that has seen endless nations rise and fall, and before of the sea sinking to uncover more of the land, she speaks in speech that often belies her true intent, appearing as an impossibly beautiful elvish woman of fey power. She places great store in the practice of politeness, and may often urge Ness to strike down those who appear to speak uncouthly, though since it is not related to the destruction of demons, he has choice in the area and is more forgiving, often quieting her with a look.

Personality:

Ness is generally kind, and particularly has a soft spot for those who have experienced attacks by demons or who have taken part in the crusade, identifying with the first and relating the second to his parents, lost to him for years now and probably dead. He is generally soft-spoken, though when angered he tends towards fits of passion that, while intense, tend to be short-lived and leave him fatigued due to how different they are from his usual tone and demeanor. Rarely a dark nature takes him when he contemplates his own fate and his own enforced captivity at Sidhe hands having no will of his own when it comes to combating the forces of darkness--though in all likelihood, he would do little but follow the path were he left to his own devices.

TheGlyphstone

I'd figure Paizo-designed races would be okay at 13 RP, like aasimar and tieflings - they spend RP on non-optimal stuff, so its actual play value is a bit lower than the number indicates.

Ghostwheel

I would argue that most of the races spent many points relatively on "non-optimal" stuff :-P

Bibliophilia

I just dropped the SLA, which wasn't necessary for my build, and that took her to 12 RP.  So...a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Latooni Subota

Updated information for people that are the "build around" type:
Half-Elf, Female, Cleric of Sarenrae
Dex-y healer, focusing on the good-ol' scimitar Sarenrae uses and dervish dance, and lighter armor.
Neutral Good, Touched By Divinity/Hierophant
The daughter of a wealthy merchant and a . . . sort-of repentant drow sellsword. Kinda. It's very complicated.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

TheGlyphstone

*clutches his non-exclusive Touched By Divinity and hisses*

Latooni Subota

C'mon! A girl with light blindness who loves the sun! It's GREAT!

(Also, free scimitar proficiency . . . *Cough*)

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Ixy

Alyx Ianto
Human Paladin of Arshea

Background
Alyx was born to Kalivi of the Ianto-- her mother, an unmarried Sarkorin, had been relegated to duties tending the burial mounds of her ancestral home when the Worldwound's destruction spread to her lands.  Her mother held to her duties as long as she could, exchanging every currency she owned to tribal warriors, and then the mercenaries that came after, to protect the sacred sites of her forebears until the corruption could no longer be held back.  She found herself among fellow refugees from the north, pregnant and surviving on the barren land.  Turned out by bandits, demons, and mercenaries, the group thinned and regrew with every week's slow travel across northern Numeria, becoming a more motley gang of desperate traders and farmers from more and more cities, tribes, and people.  More refugees fled the Numerian lords, and Kalivi became something of a hero to them-- relentless, courageous, and wise of the land.

Kalivi could travel no more when she reached the outskirts of New Stetven, where her daughter was born to the cloister of Shelyn's mercy.  Her mother lives there still, though enfeebled by a life of exhausting work-- a once-proud counselor and exemplar, she spent her years caring for her daughter and working as a maid and midwife.  Wanting only security for her child, she sent Alyx to study in the cloister of Shelyn, where she hoped her daughter could enter the clergy or, at least, receive enough education to thrive in the urban world.

Alyx, conceived on the road and born into the lowest caste of an unfriendly city, sought justice instead of peace.  She dedicated her life to the martial pursuits of the church of Shelyn, and when they proved pacifists, she dedicated herself instead to finding a new life-- forgoing vows, she sought out the churches of Law, hoping to join the crusades and bring peace to the homeland that her mother had been forced to leave behind.  Her passions wild, she found it difficult to follow the rules, often lashing out against her superiors, challenging herself to the point that harsh lessons were learned by corporal punishment or embarrassing failure.

Her salvation was Arshea, whose visions and visitation guided her to find the church of Liberation, where her passions could run rampant without censure, so long as they were properly aimed.  Beautiful and fierce, she was accepted to the church's service once it was deemed that she had, indeed, been gifted by the lovely god's own grace to free those enslaved by tyranny and defend those threatened by the Worldwound.  Though her foresight often plays second-fiddle to her desperation to serve the righteous, she finds her faith and trust constantly tested and picked apart as she fights side-by-side with the corrupt to stop the most corrupt, struggling to accept that "the ends justify the means".

Though her beauty and prowess in battle get her far with nobles and war-leaders, she has already found herself playing into their hands, becoming part of their schemes to amass power rather than fulfilling the purer purpose of liberating the world's beauty.  She served Lady Hojiti of Numeria for a time-- finding herself in the woman's bed and throne hall before understanding that the people she was fighting to rescue or to defend were only being aided for their wealth or influence, all efforts fueling the greater fire of the Black Sovereign in the end.  She tried to influence the Lady's aims, only to be bandied around between her lord knights, their merchant-lord allies, and their corrupt church of narcotic bliss.

The final straw was when, at Hojiti's behest, she rescued twelve kidnapped citizens from a demon slaver-- only to learn that the slaves were merely concubines, drug-addled sluts bound for Starfall.  In a rage, she destroyed the slavers who came to claim their quarry, and after marching the concubines across the nation to the River Kingdoms, she found that they were as eager to be free of her as she was of them... but at least the poison was out of their systems, and they were feeling again... even rage can bring freedom, and their minds were finally unchained.
She turns her eyes toward the Worldwound now, making her way to the crusades in the hopes of finding peace at one end of a sword or the other, to liberate the land and help the nation find beauty once more, the same way she first saw real freedom in the loveliest mist of blood on the wild heather, knowing that the blade brings death, but spills cleansing nourishment for the corrupted world.

Physical Description
Lean and toned, Alyx is physically beautiful and exotic, with her blended heritage favorably gracing her with feminine features standing out from a hardened visage of determination and vigor.  She has auburn hair, shining threads of coppery red in the sun, and skin like finely-tanned leather supple and youthful.  Her eyes are warm and piercing, challenging though pleased by what she sees, and she moves with ease that comes from strength and discipline.  She looks to be barely past twenty years of age, and her accent and mannerism show education balanced with good-natured confidence.

Role
Though she is experienced in negotiation and cosmopolitan practice, her decisions need guidance to ring true.  She is a leader on the battlefield, wading in first and wading through enemies when a shield-bearing veteran would use more caution, but she is unrelenting to achieving the necessary ends-- she tries to maintain the balance of law, but in the heat of battle, all is fair.

Unfinished...
Traits, especially campaign, are yet to be selected.  If guidance is offered, it would be appreciated.

Rhynarion

Quote from: FallenDabus on April 03, 2015, 11:24:07 AMInteresting idea! From an in-world continuity point of view, how was it that he was able to master the lycanthropic curse? And from a background perspective, which campaign trait are you taking, and how are you integrating it into this story? Those two things could be linked behind the scenes though, so there's not really a wrong answer there.

Apologies that I didn't get to this sooner!

I had a few ideas, but I was not sure if mastering the lycanthropic curse was possible within the Golarion Setting. Assuming that you are ruling that it is as the DM, I've got one tentative idea.

Now, Veranor lived with the curse for at least a few years; we're talking late teens to however late it could concievably be before he achieved first level. If Scaleheart's didn't take a hit to wisdom, I might have made him a monk instead but that is neither here nor there.

My idea is that after living with the curse for so long and treating it as a disability, he got fed up with his self-loathing lifestyle and resolved to change it or die trying. Now, he was a swamp hermit at this point - not exactly material to walk up to a cleric and beg to be cured. I don't even think it could be undone after seeping into his soul for so long, but he had carried it with him at least long enough to conciously recognize the presence of the were schism of his mind.

So as the lunar cycle begins to wane, he begins intentionally starving himself. Like not eating anything,  but not allowing himself to hibernate either - forcing himself to suffer the hunger as it gnawed at him. By the time that the full moon comes around again, he is half mad from the fasting and the change starts with more pain than he ever felt before. But ironically, this was exactly what he wanted.

He digs deep for some unfathomable force of will and shoves the change / his were side back until it snaps the chains from the stress of his frenzied hunger and the alluring call of the moon. In a metaphorical sense, the twin aspects of his nature go for one another's throat in that instant - except Veranor uses all of this strain to force the two sides to become one.

The curse changed at that point, warped by the perversion of the cycle that he forced. He can't shift into a full animal form any longer, and his mind is strange and alien to civilized creatures. He isn't an aberration, but rather some strange juxtaposition of man and beast. He is no brute, gifted with shrewd cunning and the brutal strength to see his goals realized.

I wanted to take the Stolen Fury campaign trait, since it doesn't seem to be conflicting with anymore. I'm not sure what the payoff for that one is, but it seemed the most fitting as Vera is a big user of combat maneuvers - especially grapple. I would totally dig someone who can get some benefit from me holding a baddie still for flanking.

If you will allow it, I would like your thoughts on my proposed method for breaking free of the moon's curse before I sprinkle in the elements from Stolen Fury - this whole character is a conversion from an OC to pathfinder rules. I originally thought that a witch might have used her patron to break the moon's grip but I personally like this idea better. My only possible concern would be if it is beyond the scope of someone who is at first level or on the cusp of it.

Latooni Subota

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Adena Vishanti

Physical Description: Adena Vishanti is a half-elven woman of about average height, standing at 5'6" with just enough muscle and not enough fat to make her appear a bit lanky and skinny. Her figure could be described as that of a runner or swimmer's figure, with slim hips and a small bust, and smooth angular features. Her skin is somewhat pale like her human father's (With the only non-scar blemish on her body being a birthmark in the shape of a winged ankh on the small of her back just above her left cheek), and she also possesses his bright blue eyes. Her hair is 100% inherited from her Drow mother though, shiny and silky spun silver that pours down to her shoulder blades, usually kept loose save for the small braid at the left side of her face that she wears in honor of her father's Varisian heritage. She dresses the part too, never without fine Varisian silks in earth tones and a stout pair of well-worn traveling boots. Underneath she keeps an even finer set of mithral chain, a gift from her father after she set out to seek out her missing mother. Adena keeps a silver-cast symbol of the Dawnflower around her neck, though she has no true need for it to channel her faith.

Personality: Adena is a bit of an oddity, an island of calm and good cheer amongst the driven and moody warriors fighting against the demonic hordes in Kenabres. As old as some of the veterans of the current generation, Adena has not let the horrors of war and demonic invasion break her spirits, always ready with a kind word and much-needed physical contact for those who have lost their faith. It is her firm belief that in order to help and inspire those around her she must be bright like the sun, and endeavors to live up to the ideals of honesty and compassion. This does tend to make her appear a bit naive and misguided though, as if she is taking the crusades lightly or is too weak to stand with the other faithful. While disheartening, Adena continues to wear her heart on her sleeve and help out with 100% of her being. It is rare for her to truly become angry, this usually only happening when confronted with true depravity, at which point her dervish training comes to the forefront and she fearlessly charges into battle to avenge the suffering innocents. Hilariously, she has a very weak tolerance for alchohol despite her love for it (especially fine Varisian spiced brandy!), and her touchy-feely nature gets even MORE touchy-feely when inebriated. She still hasn't lived down the night she got drunk and draped herself over the famed paladin Irabeth Tirabade and her wife Anevia after a skirmish with a demonic scouting party. Poor girl ended up the butt of many a joke about her tastes in companions after that night, a few months back.

Background: Adena Vishanti is the heiress (one of them anyways) of the Varisian merchant company Vishanti's Exotic Goods, born to a particularly wealthy Varisian merchant and his Drow sellsword bodyguard (and occasional lover, when the coin was right). Her birth was a bit of a happy accident for her mother, finding it to be both a way to level some concessions out of Adena's father and an opportunity to prove that she wasn't some psychotic spider-worshipping witch from the Underdark, by raising her daughter to be a 'good' person. Despite the money-grubbing nature of her father and violent tendancies of her mother, Adena somehow managed to grow up as a remarkably cool-headed and kind individual. Even as a child she had an almost otherworldly feel to her, with an endless capacity for kindness and forgiveness. Even when her mother was teaching her swordplay, Adena had a habit of apologizing to the sellswords she trained with when she got a lucky blow in.

For the first decade or two of her life things were downright great, save for an aching feeling in her chest that she needed to . . . do something. She didn't know what, but she felt that there was something out beyond the merchant world for her to do. After her mother disappeared along with her entire crew during a mission to assist the forces fighting the demonic incursions near Kenabres, the half-breed girl truly felt the call of Sarenrae for the first time. Not only did her mother need her help, but there were countless suffering people as a result of the demons invading Golarion. It was . . . difficult to convince her father that she needed to leave to help prepare for the next crusade (whenever that would be), but she eventually managed to do so (only after he weighed her down with some exceptional gear and a large coinpurse). Traveling with a shipment of goods being sent to reinforce the anti-Worldwound forces.

For the next two decades she moved from city to city, from group to group, assisting where she could by easing peoples' pains and saving their lives along with the other faithful of Sarenrae. It was from them that she learned the skills of a dervish, and the proper rites of worship, the birthmark on her body being seen as a good portent for her future in the clergy. The last ten years have in fact kept her based in Kenabres, putting her skills to good use with the increase in demonic attention to the city and it's damaged Wardstone. There were many that saw her silver hair as a possible sign of 'witchcraft' or demonic infiltration, but those accusations are a dime a dozen and her position in the church of Sarenrae has kept too much negative attention away from her. In the end, she's working on becoming strong enough to take the fight to the demons, hoping to one day either find her missing mother . . . or her mother's remains. Sadly, nobody yet has been able to confirm or deny what had happened to the beautiful dusky-skinned sellsword twenty years back.

Dakkon

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 03, 2015, 07:17:44 PM
Yup. Not to mention, being odd loses its impact if you don't have normality to contrast against. But writing and character quality are the biggest factor.

And damn, waiting 2 weeks is going to hurt.

I'll address the other posts when I have more time later, but I'm thinking I may change the due date to one week. There is more interest in this when I thought there would be.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: FallenDabus on April 04, 2015, 01:29:55 AM
I'll address the other posts when I have more time later, but I'm thinking I may change the due date to one week. There is more interest in this when I thought there would be.

I've said it before, the E-community of D&D players here is like a school of starving piranhas.

Blinkin

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

TheGlyphstone

Add my Gunslinger Paladin to the list as well - background is in progress, once I get it out of my head and into text.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=147507

EDIT: Can I squeeze a Drawback in to get an extra trait? Overprotective fits extremely well backstory-wise, and I've belatedly realized I need UMD training via a trait to heal myself with the wand I bought.

Pockets

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 04, 2015, 01:35:02 AM
I've said it before, the E-community of D&D players here is like a school of starving piranhas.

You'd think none of us play Pathfinder Society in our off time.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Chulanowa

I will have a wizard cooked up later today. Unless something crazy happens and it turns into a witch or bard or something. but right now, Wizard!

Blinkin

Well, I would play pathfinder elsewhere, but there isn't a game in my area and if there was, transportation seems to always be a major difficulty. So, I take it out on E... and I keep appearing because I only get into 1 game in 10, so I usually only have 1 game going at any given time and it's on the verge of dying... so... ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.