W(h)ere the wild things roam

Started by treetracer, July 31, 2017, 07:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treetracer

Ignavus,
I have a character, Ivy Dossett, that I was planning on having as a werecat. However, as I said in the chat, I'm not sure how that would work with your werewolf. She's pretty level headed but is tough in a fight. Do you have any thoughts? Or if it would work with your lad?

Side note: she was originally a vampire so we could go that route too.

Ignavus

I'm not sure if innistrad has were-cats, could just be another planeswalker though so no biggie. I'm down for the were-cat or the vampire whichever you think would fit the setting better, my character could get along with just about anyone given time. Could be interesting to have a little fight at the start if you are up for it. Do you wanna do before, after or during the eldrazi?

treetracer

I think it'll be easier to make her a vampire. It would certainly be interesting to play a character like her again. I just can't decide on the line of vampire she descended from since I'm not all that familiar with MTG history. I was thinking Moroii so she could be in the sun too but do they have prolonged life?

Ignavus

Well if you wanted to do an innistrad vampire this is the info I have on em
Falkenrath- Ability of flight, progenitor was a falconer, so less bat flying and more bird type flight. Easy to anger and proud and bostful of their ability to strike at the heart of a community without fear.
Markov- Good with magic of the mind. Progenitor was Edgar Markov an alchemist. Pride themselves on looking good. Savage in their attacks, very fast. Not afraid of stakes or holy symbols like other families could be.
Voldaren- Proginator is Olivia. Kill for pleasure and vanity. The best at magic of all the families and has the ability to shape shift into cats bats and rats.
Stormkirk- Based in Nephelian, Runo Stormkirk as the proginator was an old high preist that worshiped the old gods. Affinity with the sea and storm and some can turn into a mist. Most likely to protect humans, if only to protect their food. More patient than other families.

If you want to do a non-innistrad vampire I'm fine with that but I don't know as much about them either.

treetracer

I think I'll make her a Stormkirk, her personality isn't one for mercilessly killing humans. Though she does prey on the rich and pompous. Does her personality have to depend on the family she belongs to? Otherwise as a sort of compromise for the were-cat issue thing because even her were-version would be house cat size. Also, I think after the Innistrad? I'm not sure about timeline so you can decide that aspect.

Ignavus

You could have any personality from any house really you just have to realize that your character would have been dealing with vampires like the ones described. So if you were Voldaren and didn't like slaughtering humans for food and amusement then you might have been a little ostracized from your peers.

treetracer

I think I'll stay with the Stormkirk family line then. If you'll give me a brief synopsis of the environment/area they would find themselves in I can write a starting post.

Ignavus

Here is a link to some information on the stormkirk vamps.

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Stromkirk

And here is a link for the area they reside in.

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Nephalia

treetracer

Would you like me to start off in Nephalia?

Ignavus

Actually let me start it off, also lets do the timeline before the eldrazi that way it doesn't get too crazy

treetracer