Seeking Heroic Exalted-ness!

Started by Soulsemmer, March 11, 2006, 06:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulsemmer

Exalted is my favorite game with a system. I love it, and have loved it since it was released.

Unfortunately, most of my experience with the game has been from the perspective of Storyteller and not player. I'd love to play one of the many characters that have bounced around in my head.

Now I realize this is Elliquiy. We all love eroticism in our games, I think I can safely assume.

But I'm looking for a HEROIC game of Exalted. One where the only things with tentacles are Lunars and octopi. Where Exalts are the slayers of the Primordial gods, and regardless of what type, they just don't get held down by groups of thugs and ravished. A game where the goal isn't to have a single character collect every other PC and NPC as his harem. Just no.

That might be some people's thing. And as I said, I don't mind sex in the game. I encourage it.

I'd just REALLY love to play in an Exalted game where the PCs really are the heroes. Call it a complex.

So if anyone's interested, speak up! I'd love to plan something out and get it going!
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Jefepato

I'd be interested, but I'm not much of a GM.

Soulsemmer

Well I'd be happy to have you, Jefepato.

So we have interest. That's a good thing!
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Jeramiahh

I love the idea, and I'd definitiely be interested.... I also love DMing, but know absolutely nothing about the Exalted rules. I've only heard about it, never read anything. But if you need another player, and can teach me, I'd be up for it.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Ajoxer

I always enjoy teaching, and I would enjoy a game where the PCs are the ravishers, not the ravishees...

Oh god, I think a little piece of my soul died from the use of that damn ee sound. I HATE THE EE!

But, yeah, I'd quite enjoy such a game...
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

PhoenixBlaze

I don't know much about it either but would be willing to learn and play.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Soulsemmer

Alright, I've gotten an offer from someone willing to GM. Now what I'd like is an updated show of hands on who'd like to play, as well as a general consensus on what theme we'd like to explore.

Since we're going heroic, I'd think loyal Abyssals are right out.

Jefepato

You already know I'm in.

I'm tempted to go with "righteous kicking of ass for Unconquered Sun" as the theme, but we might want to make it a little broader so that people have a reason to play something other than a Dawn (or a member of any other caste that's really just a poorly-disguised Dawn with a better anima power).

Soulsemmer

Jefepato

Yes, exactly that.

I was actually thinking of playing a Twilight, but in the "I love sorcery" (though not Threefold Binding) sense, not in the "I'm going to start with Melee 5 and Steel Devil Style, but I want the Twilight anima power" sense.

Ajoxer

Hmmmm... I'd be particularly interested in Alchemical exalted, but I'm happy to do a Solar, or anything... Anyway, yea, still interested.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Soulsemmer

Let's stay heroic and with something that can work together.

Besides, I don't have Alchemicals!  :o

Jefepato

Alchemicals are awesome and you should get the book.

That being said, it can be tough getting a Solar/Alchemical posse to work together, since Alkies are unlikely to enter Creation on totally friendly terms.  Maybe we should keep it to Solars, Dragon-Blooded, and (if anyone really wants to be the chump of the group) God-Blooded.  Lunars or renegade Abyssals could work, but they worry me.

Soulsemmer

I'd be happy with Lunars and even a friendly Sidereal.

Jefepato

Somehow I totally forgot Sidereals when I typed that last post.

A Lunar could work, assuming we can get past the deranged civilization-is-bad attitude (which individual Lunars, of course, may not always agree with) and shoddy mechanics.

Sidereals, though, frighten me.  I realize they can be played that way, but they don't generally strike me as the heroic sort.

Ajoxer

Mmmmm, if only Ronin weren't so SHITTY. Ah well. :-P. Anyway, yeah, I'm good with just about any type, although God-Blooded is a little low-powered for my taste. Alchemicals ARE a favorite- Might be a rogue, might be a spy of some sort- Just because things are heroic doesn't mean there can't be some treachery within the party.  ;D

Jefepato

Quote from: Ajoxer on March 20, 2006, 03:51:02 AM
Just because things are heroic doesn't mean there can't be some treachery within the party.

I can't say as I agree with you on that point.

Obviously it's boring if everyone agrees on everything at every time, but PC treachery leads nowhere good.

Soulsemmer

I'd honestly rather not, with the 'borgs. :o

Anyway, we need another person or two.

GoldenChild

Knowing very little of Exalted myself (but know White Wolf games in and out) I'm interested... but I need some help I think (lack rule books).

Jefepato

Well, I'm getting the second-edition book pretty soon, but is it fair to assume that most of us don't have it yet (and thus, we'll be using the first edition)?

Soulsemmer

Dreamshard

*raises hand*

Ooh, didn't really notice this thread. If there's still an opening, can I join? I'm dying for an Exalted game where I don't run things for a change.
The wind hears all your secrets and whispers them unbidden

ONs and OFFs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4435.0

Dreamshard requested indefinite account restriction in August of 2006. She's still out, about and well as of 2009

Soulsemmer

I'd love to have you, Dreamshard.

Welcome aboard!

GoldenChild

What are our restrictions as players, can we play Lunars for example?

And... *raises hand* I do want to join too  ;D

ZK

I believe he doesn't want Alchemicals or Abyssals.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Jefepato

Quote from: GoldenChild on March 21, 2006, 09:39:58 AM
What are our restrictions as players, can we play Lunars for example?

If you don't mind the generally poor execution of the Lunar Charm trees, and understand that rabidly hating civilization (like some Lunars do, though certainly not all) isn't really heroic in the sense that we're looking for, I don't see a problem here.

I'd say Solars, Lunars, DBs (for some reason I'm considering one...), and God-Blooded are probably fine.  I personally don't think Abyssals, Alchemicals, or Sidereals would fit in here (if we can't handle robots, the grand manipulators of fate probably aren't heroic enough to be our PCs), but Soulsemmer and/or Muse may disagree with me there -- my word, sadly, is not law.

I can help people who are devoid of books or just inexperienced (either by providing the books or helping with creation).

Soulsemmer

Jefepato pretty much hit the nail on the head. At least as far as I'm concerned.

GoldenChild

Alright then... sounds to me that Lunars are to much effort to bring into the story (and since I don't have to much knowledge of them either) I will do a Solar.

So question... with what do I start, what is the first thing I need to do? I want to do a warrior (I imagine they are "easiest" to do).

Jefepato

There are plenty of Lunar concepts that could work, but Solars are probably a little easier (and less complex for your first character).

Quote from: GoldenChild on March 21, 2006, 02:28:52 PM
So question... with what do I start, what is the first thing I need to do? I want to do a warrior (I imagine they are "easiest" to do).

First things first: you want to play a warrior.  (It's not necessarily that much easier, but it'll work fine, and asskicking is an integral part of the game after all.)  Congratulations, your character is Dawn Caste.

You'll probably want to pick a slightly more detailed concept (you might not know a lot about the setting, but you can probably still get a basic idea down) and decide on things like fighting style first -- that'll make it a little more clear where the dots need to go.  So, what's your pleasure?  Kung-fu master?  Wandering mercenary with a huge-ass sword?  Drunken boxer?  Ex-soldier who's a peerless archer?  Farmer who wields a mean pitchfork?

GoldenChild

Kung-Fu master... no question about it :)

He will be a farmer's son that after his... awakening? has got his teaching from a mentor of some kind of same caste as he.

Jefepato

Okay.  The mentor thing can be hammered out later, when you assign Background dots.

In the meantime, looks like Martial Arts will be our asskicking method of the hour.  The really fun part here is picking a style.  Personally I like Tiger (its main selling points are boosting your soak and doing damage), but there are plenty of decent ones.  Are you looking for something offensive, defensive, straightforward, or perhaps tricky?

Also: it's a pretty safe bet you'll want Physical Attributes as primary, but would you likely prefer Mental or Social as secondary?  Any particular areas outside of combat you'd like to be competent in?

Ajoxer

I'm willing to play an Eclipse with some assassination flavoring. I do so love the eclipse, simply for being slliiiick!

Also, ah well on not play Alchemical. >_> I'd like to at least see them, though... They so coo'.

GoldenChild

Quote from: Jefepato on March 21, 2006, 03:20:42 PM
Okay.  The mentor thing can be hammered out later, when you assign Background dots.

In the meantime, looks like Martial Arts will be our asskicking method of the hour.  The really fun part here is picking a style.  Personally I like Tiger (its main selling points are boosting your soak and doing damage), but there are plenty of decent ones.  Are you looking for something offensive, defensive, straightforward, or perhaps tricky?

Also: it's a pretty safe bet you'll want Physical Attributes as primary, but would you likely prefer Mental or Social as secondary?  Any particular areas outside of combat you'd like to be competent in?

Physical primary then social and last mental, the character I have in mind is a typical Chinese or Japanese "farmer general", which fights against the tyranny to free “his” people (which if I have understood the Exalted theme correctly is what Solars do). This will let him have skill in leadership, persuasion and… well I have to think what else.
As I know not getting hit is the best way for your survival a defensive from would be preferable, can you learn other styles later on as you are progressing?
vv

Jefepato

As a group, Solars don't do any one particular thing except "be awesome," but your concept seems appropriate since we're trying to set up a heroic game.

You can learn other styles later, but it would take a while since you almost certainly won't start with all the Charms from your first one.  (The catch is that if you use a weapon, it would be hard to use multiple styles unless they have the same form weapon.  If you fight unarmed, you can use Charms from whatever styles you like.)

You'll probably end up needing Dodge Charms in addition to the martial arts stuff, but if you want a more defensive style, Snake may be a good bet -- the Form Charm gives enemies a penalty to hit you.  (Fire Dragon could also work, but I can't think of any reasonable way for a Solar ex-farmer to have learned a style that normally gets taught only in Immaculate monasteries.)

GoldenChild

Alright sounds good... I have no objections :)

Well then sounds like I got a concept...

Soulsemmer

Jefepato

Although I've been indecisive, I do believe I'll be playing a Twilight (probably female).  I have a few ideas about the specifics of concept, but I'd like to get Muse's feedback on creation guidelines before I go too far with it.

GoldenChild

What do the Twilights do? Thieves/assassins?

Jefepato

Quote from: GoldenChild on March 22, 2006, 03:09:18 AM
What do the Twilights do? Thieves/assassins?

Nope, that's Night.  Twilight Caste are scholars, craftsmen, and sorcerers.  Especially sorcerers, because knowing things and building things is all well and good, but nothing impresses quite like dropping a Magma Kraken on the field or smacking someone with Rune of Singular Hate.

(Sadly, it's impossible to start with the latter in character creation...)

Dreamshard

Hmmm, I have a concept bouncing around in my head. So I guess I'll just put it out here.

This character was inspired by the phrase 'dumb people have dumb luck'.

Probably a Zenith. Basically, the character has always been rather unintelligent from young and slow on the uptake. But he/she (haven't decided yet) is a very kind and earnest person, and always tries to do what he/she feels is right and hopes for the best. More often than not, things tend to turn out well.

That's a basic concept. Low Int, Good Luck as a merit are the basic stats. Very raw idea, but I would rather not develop it unless it's approved. I can always do a different heroic concept.

And Magma Kraken is cool. Nothing solves problems like that nifty little spell. A one-stop solution to everything. *grin*

And the stereotype is:
Dawn - Warrior
Zenith - Priest
Twilight - Scholar/Sorcerer
Night - Thief/Assassin
Eclipse - Diplomat

Dreamshard requested indefinite account restriction in August of 2006. She's still out, about and well as of 2009

Muse

Quote from: Jefepato on March 19, 2006, 05:51:45 PM
Yes, exactly that.

I was actually thinking of playing a Twilight, but in the "I love sorcery" (though not Threefold Binding) sense, not in the "I'm going to start with Melee 5 and Steel Devil Style, but I want the Twilight anima power" sense.

I personaly am partial to the Zenith Anima power. 

Damn, I want someone to run a game I can play Shining Bright in.  But that's not what I'm here for, hi everyone, I'm the volunteer Storyteller. 

Let's see.  What's more intresting to you'se guys and gals?  (Glad to have you Dreamshard!)  I need to check the true location of Harborhead on my maps, but I'm kind of intrestinted in working with the House of the Bull God material (Harborhead), Mask of Winters, Mah Ha Suchi, and the ever lucious and dispicable Raski, Queen of Fangs.  Any requests or coments? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

GoldenChild

Ke? I know he said something interesting, don't really know what it means ;)... more then Muse is our ST *waves*

Help to an unknowing guy... other then that; I do believe that the proposal sounds just fine.

Soulsemmer

I could work with that. I know little about Harborhead, as I never read Houses of the Bull God. Only what would be in Scavenger Sons.

Since it appears we have a Dawn, Eclipse, and Twilight... I'm leaning slightly towards Lunar. Another Zenith isn't what I'm in the mood for, and Night Castes I'm leery of. They make me feel dirty.

Muse

::chuckles::  Welcome aboard, Golden Child.  Shinging bright is a charecter from Harborhead I really want to play, I think she's a particularly combatitive Zenith, but might just be a dawn.  She might also show up as an NPC.  

Harborhead is a Southern nation whose bull god Alat has a royal gaurd of a thousand virgin warrior maids known as his brides.  

MAsk of winters leads an army of the dead to conquer the West.  And Ma Ha Suchi is an ancient Lunar exalt determined to crush the Realm and conquer the world.  Raski is similar, an ancient sorceress with carnal passions of all sorts.  
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Jefepato

Night Castes don't have to be Compassion 1 assassins.  Unfortunately, people seem to like that concept, and then the poor God-Blood gets used as bait.

Er, anyway.  Maybe we don't need a Night.  Most people find them a lot less fun when they're played heroically.

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2006, 07:24:19 AM
I personaly am partial to the Zenith Anima power.  

I don't really see why.

I mean, it's cool.  It's thematically appropriate.

But the caste-hopping melee-monkeys are nearly always Twilight, and it's easy to see why.  The Twilight anima is damned awesome.

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2006, 07:24:19 AM
Let's see.  What's more intresting to you'se guys and gals?  (Glad to have you Dreamshard!)  I need to check the true location of Harborhead on my maps, but I'm kind of intrestinted in working with the House of the Bull God material (Harborhead), Mask of Winters, Mah Ha Suchi, and the ever lucious and dispicable Raski, Queen of Fangs.  Any requests or coments?  

I can't remember a thing about Houses of the Bull God, except that Ahlat is awesome.  I need to take another look.

Ma-Ha-Suchi and Raksi always make great adversaries, since they're ridiculously evil.  The problem is, they're also at the "crush puny PCs like grape" level of power.

Any thoughts on character creation, Muse?

Soulsemmer

Well, ever since Caste Book: Ninja, they've gotten worse in all my experiences. I suppose I could try my hand at one again... I always like my big bruiser thug Night Caste with a heart of gold. He was fun.

But then I can't use Jefepato as bait  :-\

I'm so torn!

GoldenChild

Thanks for the explainations :) sounds like we are going to have us a treat... hmmm a thousand virgins... please say that they are female  ;D

Muse

Of course they're female.  Unfortunatly they're forbiden sexual congress with anyone but Ahlat and each other until their retirement at age 27. 

Soulsemmer

Well, yes. They are the "Brides" of Ahlat.

But don't touch them. If THEY don't kick your ass, Big Daddy A will.

Jefepato

Quote from: Soulsemmer on March 22, 2006, 07:44:28 AM
But then I can't use Jefepato as bait  :-\

Remember, I'm not playing the weakling of the group any more.  No baiting!

(Not that Sky was actually weak.  She could probably have gone toe-to-toe with half the Solars in the group, and not just because Principle of Motion is ridiculous.  People just didn't twink out like I'm used to seeing.)

Dreamshard

Lol.

Soulsemmer, if you'll rather play Zenith, I could always play Night. That caste has always been a personal favourite of mine. I can whip up a heroic concept for it and definitely find it fun.  ;D

Soulsemmer

Oh you will be baited.

But this time by manly charms and the promise of-

Oh hell, who am I kidding?!

*Boots in the rump.* "Stupid sorcerer! get your ass in the proverbial kitchen and make me a daiklave!"

Soulsemmer

Well, I'm not sure yet. I'll have to look things over and think about it.

I mean, if I make another Zenith, i may as well recycle Zephrose. He was fun.

Muse

::slaps knees and chortles.::  fUn stuff!  

Muse

All right, I think I'll be very liberal with EXP, so let's start small, with base charecter creation.  Dragon Blooded and god blooded can have 50 extra experience points to help them keep up, but that might not be enough. 

GoldenChild

Quote from: Soulsemmer on March 22, 2006, 07:49:42 AM
Well, yes. They are the "Brides" of Ahlat.

But don't touch them. If THEY don't kick your ass, Big Daddy A will.

Hmmm... but what a way to go, could be worth it... if you can convince them to actually break their oath (I picture myself an oath here at least).

My character is set to only us his hands is this a down side? I know Exalted is using the bashing/lethal/aggravated system in damage but are there ways to make my fist do more... potent damage, and can you use artefacts (gauntlets?) that works as a "magical weapon"?

Soulsemmer

Well, for Tiger MA you can use the Razorclaws artifact. It's a glove. With claws.

Jefepato

Quote from: GoldenChild on March 22, 2006, 08:00:41 AM
My character is set to only us his hands is this a down side? I know Exalted is using the bashing/lethal/aggravated system in damage but are there ways to make my fist do more... potent damage, and can you use artefacts (gauntlets?) that works as a "magical weapon"?

You won't do a lot of damage unarmed.  It can still work, but you might want a weapon.

The form weapons of Snake style are hook swords and seven-section staves.  You can use these weapons freely with Snake-style Charms, as if you were attacking unarmed (the exception is Essence Scales and Fangs Technique -- its offensive aspect doesn't affect form weapons).

Anyway, I think I'll be pitching the Twilight concept -- I can't make anything interesting out of it.  Instead I will play a DB, probably either a sorceress or ex-Immaculate.  50 XP doesn't seem like a lot, considering they got 111 in the other game, but I think I can make it work.
EDIT: Ignore anything I say about character concepts of any sort until I demonstrate some sort of capacity for making up my damn mind.

Hey, Muse, I assume you wouldn't let a Solar get away with taking the Sorcery background?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2006, 07:58:02 AM
All right, I think I'll be very liberal with EXP, so let's start small, with base charecter creation.  Dragon Blooded and god blooded can have 50 extra experience points to help them keep up, but that might not be enough. 
Quote from: Jefepato on March 22, 2006, 09:27:53 AM
You won't do a lot of damage unarmed.  It can still work, but you might want a weapon.

The form weapons of Snake style are hook swords and seven-section staves.  You can use these weapons freely with Snake-style Charms, as if you were attacking unarmed (the exception is Essence Scales and Fangs Technique -- its offensive aspect doesn't affect form weapons).

Anyway, I think I'll be pitching the Twilight concept -- I can't make anything interesting out of it.  Instead I will play a DB, probably either a sorceress or ex-Immaculate.  50 XP doesn't seem like a lot, considering they got 111 in the other game, but I think I can make it work.

Dammit! I was ONE post too late to suggest that I could play a DB :P. What sort of DB you tougthed to play? I thinked play straight militaristic Speardancing (Crimson Pentacle martial arts style) Fire Dragon aspected general graduated form House of Bells and hailing form house Cathak. Why he is out in whit solars? Well, he did not like nobles taking over the military and starting call the shots since empress disappeared, but I thinked as introduction one of the solars MUST beat his ass (I would like it would be a female/girl solar, so that it haves more impact to smolder down the guy's burning ego <<).

50 XP is quite little (when compare in longer term solars own DB), but if DM allows us to keep Dynasts bonuses (including the toys :D) while we both are renegades someway or other then it is OK I think. I of course firstly ask does DM allow me to have around three dots in command? To present he haves only his most trustable personall troops whit him (well, not ALWAYS whit him) and I also toughted the guy taked his guys from Vermillion Legion (yes, the rascal legion whit full of scarred badasses and the place humilitate missbehaving DB) and he had also worked there (to have of course my guys elite and so have SOME use against some massive mosnter threats and agaisnt undead hordes).

Muse

Hm...  I wouldn't mind artifacts or allies or sorcery for Dragon Blooded, but Comand would be a real pain to juggle, and would shape the campaing quite difretnly from a small group of exalts doing thier thing with maybe a half dozen retainers and friends. 

Muse

~_~;;  Sorcery background ofr a solar?  Should I even dignify that with a reply?  :p 

Jefepato

Yes, you should.

I mean, I knew the answer would almost certainly be no, but Cult Solars get Sorcery so it's not that farfetched.  (Of course, Cult Solars get a lot of other obnoxiously powerful crap, but still.)

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, the command can work as show how many personall retainers + ordinary guards/bodyguards are in mansion, which is actually a manse which is surrounded by mansion actually ;). I thinked my most powerfull cosntant companions are from the allies background, I thinked take two other 'lesser' DB lieutenants which GM can control time to time. I toughted that msot cases I do not have more than 100 (or slightly over) retainers which also include number of guards in the manse (this covers basically that I do not need guard the manse CONSTANTLY and also the manse is taked car eoff until anything exalted plans bust in).

Muse

Hm...  Actauly, if cult solars get it, and you can come up wiht a really good reason for it to be in your background, I'd might as well allow it. 

Zaer, what would a dragon blooded with a hundred loyal legionaries and two loyal dragon blooded be doing running around with a bunhc of Solars? 

Zaer Darkwail

I just told in the first post; He got MORE pissed off whit the dynast houses taking over the legions after empress disappeared and started use legionaires for personall use than actually sending the guys DEAL whit old threats like barbarian hordes in north and do Wyld Hunts etc. I toughted that in first encounter my char faces off a solar in one vs one, in real combat but like we all know, DB cannot survive rulewise (or even storywise most cases) alone in combat whit solar.

So my char must be beated in personall combat (I do not pull punches but I do not use ALL my nasty charms to make more certain my char loses) and then surprisingly face a fact that the solar does not KILL him and rather spares his life because surprisingly they both share same view how protect the people in the Threshold (and so my char starts move whit solars and support their clearly heroic goals). We can freeform the whole combat sequence to make certain he does not accidentally win or come real deathstrike because of luck whit the dices.

I thinked play a Paragon characther, whit basic of warrior honor combined whit protector warlord concept.

GoldenChild

Ok, so my dawn character needs a weapon too... I would guess a staff would be the weapon that fits the concept best... sure a sword might also do the trick of course ;)... hmmm decisions, decisions...

Jefepato

Don't worry, Muse.  I definitely won't take it above 3 (at Sorcery 4+, Cult Solars can get Celestial spells, which terrifies me), and I'll probably end up with some amount of the Past Lives merit in order to make more sense of it.

Muse, is it okay if I use the fixed-up Brawl Charms I posted in Dreamstones & Firedust?  (I probably won't start with anything beyond Ferocious Jab, though.)  Also: did I ever send you my suggested changes for Medicine Charms?  The Solar Medicine tree as written is, as you may have noticed, a bit clunky.

GoldenChild, your best bet is probably the seven-section staff (or better yet, its artifact version, the serpent-sting staff).  Unfortunately, there's no artifact version of hook swords in any of the books, as far as I know.

Muse

Artifact rating four in castebook night for the hook swords. 

I'm a bit leary of house brawl charms after reactions I've got from them in the past.  Though I do like the Brawl tree and enjoy seeing it expanded and revised. 

Zaer, I think that idea would work with a Harborhead in Revolution concept, but let me read a bit more on House of the Bull God before I see if that concept will work.  Golden Child's charecter might be from the Realm or a heavily colonized Satrapy, and would thus lend himself to a revolution theme as well. 

Soulsemmer

I'm half tempted to make a traditional ninja-type.

Yes, black pajamas and all.

Jefepato

The hooked daiklaves of dual prowess aren't quite standard artifact hook swords, but they would work, I guess.

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2006, 09:25:42 PM
I'm a bit leary of house brawl charms after reactions I've got from them in the past.  Though I do like the Brawl tree and enjoy seeing it expanded and revised.

Well, you can see the Charms I posted, but I doubt it matters for this game.  The character I'm working on now only has Ferocious Jab.  Expect sheet/backstory submission tonight or tomorrow (although the story may need tweaking depending on where the group ends up).

GoldenChild

The serpent-sting staff... alright... I guess he got it from his mentor. Well there isn't very much I feel I need to ask at the moment... next thing would be character making.

So we are getting ourself a ninja in the group... personally you should have a white pajamas... all good ninjas dress in white as the bad ones dress in black (so you can tell them apart ;)).

Soulsemmer

Pfft. White Pajamas are for Abyssal Ninja so they can sneak about in the Day!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2006, 09:25:42 PM
Zaer, I think that idea would work with a Harborhead in Revolution concept, but let me read a bit more on House of the Bull God before I see if that concept will work.  Golden Child's charecter might be from the Realm or a heavily colonized Satrapy, and would thus lend himself to a revolution theme as well. 

Ok, but can you tell me more about the 'revolution' concept? My char is legionaire troughouly and he still pays his respect to his own house, Cathak, but thanks in his outburst in the parade where the houses got legions trapped in lose-lose situation have made my chars OTHER relations strained at very best. But I toughted my char haves only connections to Threshold, House of Bells (the military academy), Vermillion Legion and house Cathak. Reason why he was lefted to leave in first place was because he was somesort national hero during that time, so striking him down while he promptly walked out from the Blessed Isle would have caused chain reaction which would have been too costly to endure in long term (so political reasosn spared him in that day, but now after years of that day he is now open for ANY house afflicted assassination but problem is that he have digged deep into Threshold area where Dynasts have little to none influence).

Anycase I toughted also take reputation into 4, so he would be generally well known figure in Blessed Isle and also bit in Threshold.

GoldenChild

So... are we to do our characters first before the game is created or after?

Muse

I think I'm at the point now where I can play game creation off of charecters, so go ahead and create, or bounce ideas off of me. 

GoldenChild

Alright... do you have an empty sheet I can use, I have access to the main book.

Muse

let's see here... 

I've tried to offer empty sheets before, but I usualy screw up the preformating.  Anyone got a better formated sheet?  If not, I'll throw one down tomorow. 

GoldenChild

I could list every thing too from top to bottom, maybe that is simplier... Oh well I figure something out :)

Is there anything in the cast book that is worth checking up?

Soulsemmer

I usually just list things, GoldenChild.

Jefepato

Quote from: GoldenChild on March 24, 2006, 05:19:18 AM
Is there anything in the cast book that is worth checking up?

In Castebook: Dawn?  Not much, unless you really love flavor text.  (It does have Tiger-style martial arts, but as I recall you'd planned on Snake, which is in the core cook.)

In your particular case I don't think the Castebooks have much to offer yet.  (Actually, now that I check again, the character I sent to Muse doesn't have anything from the Castebooks either, although CB: Twilight has a few good offerings.  I almost took Swift Sage's Eye, but then I realized I didn't have Ox-Body Technique yet.  And there are some things you just don't neglect, no matter how much you want to speed-read.)

Soulsemmer

Muse, how flexible are you on custom artifacts?

ZK

Quote from: Soulsemmer on March 22, 2006, 09:44:17 PM
I'm half tempted to make a traditional ninja-type.

Yes, black pajamas and all.

Don't you mean an Igabakama? That's the proper name for the traditional spy/assassin outfit they wear. ^^

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Soulsemmer

PhoenixBlaze

As I said before, I would love to get involved in a good solid and detailed game, but lack any knowledge and confused by all these terms. Can you find exalted books at an ordinary book store?  :'(

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

ZK

From what I know about "Ordinary" book stores. Borders seems to be the only one to really hold Exalted books. But Borders tends to favor D&D and the (new) World of Darkness over Exalted. But, as it comes, it differs between store locations. BUT, it's usual to see at least 1 Wizards of the Coast and 1 White Wolf book. As Borders is a part of their mainstream distributer list (both companies that is).

Soulsemmer

Borders will order them for you if you simply ask. It's where I've gotten a good chunk of my collection.

PhoenixBlaze

Hmmm well alot of places to go in florida, hopefully I can find one.... wasn't the first rule book?
I am willing to start now.... with alot of help that is.  :(

Jefepato

Quote from: PhoenixBlaze on March 24, 2006, 03:17:15 PM
I am willing to start now.... with alot of help that is.  :(

Cool.  What kind of character are you thinking of making?

Muse

I've done custom artifacts before with mixed results, Soulsemmer, give me a proposal and I'll look it over. 

Hi, Pheonix.  I strongly encourage you to get your own books, but IM me and I'll get you started by digitaly loaning you mine. 

Ajoxer

Whoa, you guys frigging got your acts together recently... I actually just thought of something- Night Caste assassin in the best qualities of the Gentleman killer, vis a vis Terry Pratchett. After all, the thing about being an assassin is not to kill someone for money... but to kill them for a great deal of money. A gentleman, a good person, a scholar, a devoted father, if need be...

But still a killer. I think I could play one who is, for the most part, a heroic character. But, of course, the Night Caste always did specialize in getting their hands dirty.

But, of course, their hands will be dirty in the entrails of Abyssals! And suchies!

>_> I just love the idea.

GoldenChild

Muse

Jefepato

Muse

I can't seem to find yours, Jefe. 

I'm borrowing my paretns computer for a bit, but i don't think i'll have my comptuer back 'til Wensday. 

Hey, since Dreamshard and I are doign most of the Exalted GMing on the site, anyone think they can run a game for us?  Maybe, but not nessicarily, a slightly hihg powered game? 

Jefepato

Quote from: Muse on April 01, 2006, 03:02:52 PM
I can't seem to find yours, Jefe. 

Resent (it's in my outbox, but I don't know how many PMs you've gotten lately -- maybe it got lost).

Muse

I must confess, for some days now,  my House of the Bull God and Bastions of the North have been missing.  I guess I'll replace them this check along with my Exalted 2nd edition.  

If I can't pull things together soon, I have a plot I can work with, but it's not firmly anchored in harborhead yet, and as such doesn't let me fill in the details for things like Zaer's requested dragon blooded.  

Zaer Darkwail

Otherwise said; You do not allow dragonbloods? Or that I do not know anything about harborhead?

Dreamshard

I believe what Muse is trying to say here is that since he doesn't know where the setting of the plot will be, he can't answer any questions with regards to your dragon-blooded concept, like the revolution question.

It's nothing to do with whether or not you'll be able to play a dragon-blooded.

Jefepato

Quote from: Muse on April 01, 2006, 03:02:52 PM
Hey, since Dreamshard and I are doign most of the Exalted GMing on the site, anyone think they can run a game for us?  Maybe, but not nessicarily, a slightly hihg powered game? 

Hmm.

I'm not the finest of GMs, but I might be able to give this a shot (a small player group would likely make the GMing task a bit simpler).  Do the two of you have access to Exalted 2nd edition, or do you prefer (or only have) 1st?

Also, fair warning: any game I run will probably not fit into the Heavy Exotic area.  I'm no good at narrating the "weird" stuff (and don't really enjoy it anyway).

Dreamshard

I don't have 2nd edition yet, but I'm willing to play with it if you just help me along char creation.

I don't mind the game not being in Heavy Exotic at all. A decent Exalted game is all I ask for.

Thanks in advance for offering.  ;D

GoldenChild

I don't see that it must be under Heavy at all :)

As for Exalted rules... I only have 1st... so help would be nice if we change.

Zaer Darkwail

I would prefer if we use 1 edittion, because those rules I know and I am comfortable whit. I have no access to 2 edittion (not even my stores yet).

Muse

I'm picking up the second edition for my own enlightenment, and to be ahead of the rush when people start running it.  I'm not teribly intrested in rushing into it, especialy when all of the suportive material is still 1e.  My live group means to finish Hunger of Seven Winter TAble Top as first edition. 

That said, the art is awesome, and I always knew artifact armor for girls should look like that.  ;) 

Zaer, the way I see incorperating your charecter, if I can see it working, would be his Manse and it's troupes being atached to a legion stationed in Harborhead, either to contain the populace, keep an eye on Mask of Winters, or both.  Thus, when he went rogue, he could provide a base of Realm troupes for the possible revolution. 

But without my Harbourhead book, I've fallen behind, and I can't for the life of me guess where it's gone. 

I think the only reason to have the game in Heavy would be so I'd have the chance to turn the tables on Dreamshard on Yume's(my charecter in her game's) behalf.  Would you mind if we had a little fun in this game if we don't let it slow things down? 

Jefepato

I don't mind 1e if that's what you two prefer.  What sort of game, thematically and character-wise, are you thinking of?

Quote from: Muse on April 02, 2006, 02:17:23 PM
I think the only reason to have the game in Heavy would be so I'd have the chance to turn the tables on Dreamshard on Yume's(my charecter in her game's) behalf.  Would you mind if we had a little fun in this game if we don't let it slow things down? 

I have no idea what tables you're talking about turning, but slowing things down gives your GM more time to think.

Soulsemmer

Well, that's not really what I'm here for. Do as you will, then, I'll find something elsewhere.

Have fun, guys!

Jefepato

Quote from: Soulsemmer on April 02, 2006, 02:26:01 PM
Well, that's not really what I'm here for. Do as you will, then, I'll find something elsewhere.

Have fun, guys!

I think you're confused.

Muse is talking about the game he requested that someone (apparently me, unwise as that may be) run for him and Dreamshard, not the heroic game you made this topic about (which Muse is running).

Muse

Jefepato

Say, Muse, do you have AIM and Adobe Acrobat?

Your copy of Houses of the Bull God can be replaced.

Muse

AIM TenshiMuse, but I'm on my family's computer right now. 

Jefepato

I could always just sendspace it at some later date, then.

ZK

I believe it is "Soulsemmer doesn't want rape involved in the game. THAT is why he is out. He isn't confused." That's my two cents. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I simply think he wanted a heroic Exalted game with sex as a part of it without the PCs raping or being raped left and right.

Jefepato

Quote from: Z.K. on April 02, 2006, 02:42:46 PM
I believe it is "Soulsemmer doesn't want rape involved in the game. THAT is why he is out. He isn't confused." That's my two cents. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I simply think he wanted a heroic Exalted game with sex as a part of it without the PCs raping or being raped left and right.

Except the game in which Muse is suggesting rape is a seperate and distinct game from the one in which Soulsemmer would be involved.

ZK

From what I know (and being told by him) his decision stands at the moment.

Jefepato

Quote from: Z.K. on April 02, 2006, 02:46:35 PM
From what I know (and being told by him) his decision stands at the moment.

Oo-kay.  I'm afraid I can't see any way in which this makes sense, assuming the situation is really understood correctly all around.

ZK

Not saying that it does or doesn't. Just, that's how it is. Everyone has a chance to back out of any game they want for whatever reason, even if it was just because they decided to.

Muse

::Falls::  

Please talk to us, Soulsemmer, I'M MAKING THIS GAME FOR YOU!  I can't do that if you run off instead of telling me what you want in it!  

Jefepato

That is true enough, but it sounded like Soulsemmer was under the mistaken impression that there was going to be rape in the "heroic" game (which there won't be, or I'm leaving), rather than simply deciding to leave for some other reason.  I just wanted to be sure all was understood.

Muse

Whoot!  Thank you, Jefe, that gives me a title! 

GoldenChild

Rather hard to be heroic characters if you are doing the raping...

Muse

If the goddess's will oblige me, I'll be opening the game Light And Wierd as Exalted: Paragons. 

I'll file a formal request now. 

ZK

Muse

Awesome!  Thank you. 

Here's the scoop. 

A. I am Closing Dreamstones and Firedust and surendering War of Flowers. 

B. I am creating a Exalted: Paragons in the Light and Wierd section for the heroic game. 

C. I am creating something a bit darker in Heavy and Wierd(corect title?) for those who prefer a bit more bondage in their exalted. 

D. I'm replacing my lost books with my next paycheck so I can get these gaems going and move Hunger of Seven Winters back up to it's proper pace. 

E.  I'm staring at Shining Bright longingly and hoping for someone to see fit to start a nice, perhaps high "level" game where I can play her at a slow but steady pace. 

Finaly, I'm requesting that people pick whihc of the two new games they'd rather be in, and apply only for that one, 'til everyone on Elliquiy who wants has had a shot to apply.  I'd like to keep both at 6-8 players. 

Jefepato

Quote from: Muse on April 02, 2006, 03:46:09 PM
E.  I'm staring at Shining Bright longingly and hoping for someone to see fit to start a nice, perhaps high "level" game where I can play her at a slow but steady pace. 

If you'll PM me with the basics of that character, Muse, I'll give it some thought.

Soulsemmer

And yes, Z.K. is correct in what she said about me.

I do not want to play in a game with rape, and if I do choose to leave, that is my choice.

Jefepato

Quote from: Soulsemmer on April 02, 2006, 08:20:26 PM
I do not want to play in a game with rape, and if I do choose to leave, that is my choice.

I'm just curious as to why you're choosing to leave.  You keep saying you don't want to play in a game with rape, but that's exactly why Muse is creating a game without any rape.

If, understanding that fact, you still don't wish to play -- naturally it's your choice.

Soulsemmer

I think it's already been stated that Muse was talking about a different game. I didn't see a need to keep kicking a dead horse and bringing the subject up.

Jefepato

Okay, fair enough.

So.  Who's still playing?

Ajoxer

Well, if you can see room for the said gentleman assassain I mentioned earlier, I'd be interested. And I'm willing to debate why he could make a suitable heroic character. Oh, yes, how I shall debate! Like a man who's pocket protector has let ink leak into his shirt!

GoldenChild

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Jefepato on April 02, 2006, 08:52:33 PM
Okay, fair enough.

So.  Who's still playing?

I am still intrested run my dragon-blood idea, just need tweak how he is involved to exalted characthers in first place.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on April 02, 2006, 02:17:23 PM
Zaer, the way I see incorperating your charecter, if I can see it working, would be his Manse and it's troupes being atached to a legion stationed in Harborhead, either to contain the populace, keep an eye on Mask of Winters, or both.  Thus, when he went rogue, he could provide a base of Realm troupes for the possible revolution. 

Well, I want learn WHAT the revolution is about. Is it to throw the 'corrupt' aristocratic dynasts or throw up the old ways to renew it more fitting to new era etc? Anycase I am fine in tought that my manse is in Harborhead and he have got duties keep eye out for the threats in local area (including reincarnated Solars for Wyld Hunt) while he still was officially part of Vermillion legion. But I think I have to pick 'Hidden manse' merit which woud explain why Dynasts nor Harborhead rebels have not come and tried take over it XD.