Guess I'm going to bed now

Started by ElisaRoldan, July 12, 2010, 01:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElisaRoldan

I keep throwing myself to people for role plays and don't get responses. I'm gonna just go to bed. And you know what? If I don't get any replies by tomorrow I will be very upset.  :-( I don't know what more I can do. I keep trying and trying T.T I won't give up though ^.^

HairyHeretic

I wouldn't give up so soon. It can take weeks for a particular idea to find someone that thinks it's as great as you do. Sometimes people and ideas match, sometimes they don't. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss things in more detail, maybe I can offer you a few tips.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 12, 2010, 05:23:18 AM
I wouldn't give up so soon. It can take weeks for a particular idea to find someone that thinks it's as great as you do. Sometimes people and ideas match, sometimes they don't. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss things in more detail, maybe I can offer you a few tips.
Heck I have role plays that have been sitting in my thread for months. Actually I'm going to go check I think one has been up for a year. Don't get discouraged.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hunter

It's just a matter of patience.  I've had ideas out there for three or so years and no one has nibbled on them yet.

ElisaRoldan

Well that's the thing. I'm actually one of those people trying to PM the people who are actually looking for role plays with their own idea's and what not and none have got to me yet. I mean I even see them online.

Caeli

I would just be patient and give it time. Roleplays don't come instantly for anybody, and it might just be that you're having some bad luck with the people you're contacting.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

HairyHeretic

True. Do you have an ideas thread of your own up yet?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ElisaRoldan

Well I have posted them up and maybe I'll be a little more patient

Lady Annabelle

This is just something tiny, but it might help you.

I noticed that you don't have any links in your signature.  A good idea is to put the link to your ideas, your On/Offs(both of them) and even your A.A when you get one in your signature.  It really is simple and easy to do.  Caeli just created a very easy tutorial right here that makes it so simple to put the important links into your signature.

What that does is it makes it easier for other users to find your likes and ideas.  For example, let's say you are goofing off in the Forum Games section.  Some guy sees your posts, clicks on one of your links, notices something he likes about your On/Offs, PM's you and there you have a potential story.

The system of Elliquiy allows for more variety than just people posting their ideas and others responding to them.  You can play with friends, you can message other people you find interesting or just random people you meet.  It can happen at any time, so don't give up hope!  :D
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

ElisaRoldan

Well yeah I was gonna try to do that but I'm still fixing up the ONs/OFFs stuff and I'm really having a hard time figuring it out T.T So much things to go through now. I did it before without realizing what I was doing and then my turn on's were my turn offs. Lmfao

HairyHeretic

You can always create an Ons and Offs page, and list your main preferences, and story ideas and what have you. A lot of people do, and put that in their sig.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Hunter

Agreed.
Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 13, 2010, 07:21:29 AM
You can always create an Ons and Offs page, and list your main preferences, and story ideas and what have you. A lot of people do, and put that in their sig.

Agreed.  Some people won't respond until they know what your preferences are.  And there's always plenty of free ideas floating around.

ElisaRoldan

I realized that now. I've been working on it now and still looking for more things to do lol but yeah. Thanks alot I think this answers everything