What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenophile

Dominions 3.

Mmm, delicious micromanagement, fantasy kingdom/god simulator strategy indegame.
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Hemingway

Playing Dawn of War just makes me think of how much better Dawn of War 2 is, in basically every way imagineable. The tedium of these campaign missions is overwhelming. Dawn of War 2 can be too fast-paced at times, leading to complete chaos, but this is just ... sluggish. Why does everything take a gazillion hits to kill? It feels so ineffective, and isn't even remotely representative of the table top game.

The upcoming DoW2 expansion supposedly re-introduces some base-building. I hope it's nothing like this. Base-building can work, but who thought it would be a good idea in a game based on Warhammer?

Wolfy

Can't wait for March....:D I'm getting a 3DS on launch day.

Wolfy

Ooooh my Jeebus Sabby...if the E3 Trailer is an indication, Silent Hill: Downpour could shape up to be something very enjoyable for you.

Silent Hill 8 E3 2010 Debut Trailer [HD]

The creator's have stated that they think that the town itself is the star that should be shown...so We'll see how that works out. :D And yes, Sabby..he does get...the dreaded Gun! D:....but let's be realistic..if you were in the same situation, you'd probably grab anything to try and defend yourself too...while you run away scared ****less. :D

Wyrd

Just picked up Dead Space 2 after wanking it about 50 times to the demo. I'm hoping it\s going to be a great and enjoyable experience filled with fluffy clouds and and bunnies :p   
Ragtime Dandies!

Nadir

Quote from: Geeklet on January 27, 2011, 09:59:47 PM
Thief 3. The whole game isn't horror, but it builds you up on the stealth aspect, constantly hiding and looking out for danger, and then towards the end drops you into one of the creepiest game levels ever.

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT

*throws the game across the room*

Sabby

Bored and broke, so not playing a lot... I'm actually tempted to try an evil Fable 3 character. Have to get me pretty bored to actually want to play Fable fucking 3 >.<

Geeklet

Quote from: Eden on January 31, 2011, 01:59:29 PM
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT

*throws the game across the room*

*blinks* I'm sorry? I didn't think it was that much of a spoiler.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on January 31, 2011, 02:01:34 PM
Bored and broke, so not playing a lot... I'm actually tempted to try an evil Fable 3 character. Have to get me pretty bored to actually want to play Fable fucking 3 >.<

An evil Prince who seduces men, kills women, and goes on a Gay orgy across the world of Albion? :D

That would be something to do, Sabby...a 50 men orgy...xD

Nadir

Quote from: Geeklet on January 31, 2011, 03:37:29 PM
*blinks* I'm sorry? I didn't think it was that much of a spoiler.

I'm messing. I also dislike games with scares... I freaked out while playing Myst *laughs* I'm a big wuss.

Wolfy

Quote from: Eden on January 31, 2011, 05:20:41 PM
I'm messing. I also dislike games with scares... I freaked out while playing Myst *laughs* I'm a big wuss.

Oi, Dead space would drive you insane, and Amnesia would give you several heart attacks, then. lol

Nadir

*shrugs* Not the type of game that appeals to me.

Geeklet

Its okay, Eden, I don't either. Thief 3 was still a good game, though. And I do know a spoiler that can make that particular level far less scary..

Novak

I keep switching between Madden 11 and Black ops multi player.

Hemingway

I might get Dungeons to stave off the madness, but dammit, I am bored with every game I own right now - and there aren't any already out that I actually want. I bought Dawn of War on a whim, and while it kept me entertained for a few hours, I can't stomach it for any real length of time.

I'm playing Civ 5, too, but I keep getting frustrated with things that just ruin it for me. Why does it never provide me with a starting location I like? Why are the AI players such assholes, always trying to invade me until I just have to grind them into dust and raze their cities until nothing remains but ash and splinters?

Why don't the games I sort of want to play support widescreen? WHY? WHY GOD WHY

Xenophile

Civ 5 is balls compared to Civ IV: Beyond the Sword. It's ESPECIALLY BALLSY compared to the excellent mod "Dawn of Mankind". I suggest you trying it out, for the diplomacy aspect alone.

In Civ IV, you get a score table telling you what you have done that the AI likes and doesn't like, and how much it affects relations. The absence of the -basic- diplomacy elements in Civ V was what made me dislike it. If it hadn't fucked up on that, then the game would have been a truly incredible experience. Instead it ended a frustration they SECOND you meet the AI players, as they can easily be confused with psychopaths.
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Wolfy

I'm about to start playing Magicka..and God, only 2 more weeks until MvC3. It's killing me to wait. >_<

Wolfy

Playing Magicka...and thus begins the quest of Leonard the mage.

Day 1: Started off the day in my bitchin wizard school, talking to my instructor, Vlad, who is most certainly NOT a vampire, as he keeps assuring me. After leaving the classroom, I'm told that there is a "Saving the world" feast in my honor for some reason, and promptly go downstairs, where, after some shenanigans, and a dungeon run, I am on my way!...Passing through the country side, I come upon a woman who says she needs me to clean the rats from her Cellar...but oh no! Goblins? Now?! Being the mage that I am, I freeze them solid with a cone of coldness, accidently hitting the woman as well. I Then proceed to cast my earth spell, sending out a rock to shatter the goblins....and the woman by accident.

Oh well, she must have done SOMETHING evil...sacrifices must be made for the good of the world and all that.

And thus, the Journey of Leonard, the wizard, continues on!

Xiphon III

Twilight Princess. About to head off into "the heavens."

Inkidu

Quote from: Xenophile on February 01, 2011, 09:57:45 AM
Civ 5 is balls compared to Civ IV: Beyond the Sword. It's ESPECIALLY BALLSY compared to the excellent mod "Dawn of Mankind". I suggest you trying it out, for the diplomacy aspect alone.

In Civ IV, you get a score table telling you what you have done that the AI likes and doesn't like, and how much it affects relations. The absence of the -basic- diplomacy elements in Civ V was what made me dislike it. If it hadn't fucked up on that, then the game would have been a truly incredible experience. Instead it ended a frustration they SECOND you meet the AI players, as they can easily be confused with psychopaths.

See I don't get that. No Civ game ever starts you out in a good spot. Five is actually better than most because it because it has a start location bias option that you can click or unclick as is your preference.

I like five over four for one reason. No more doom stacks. Eff every Civ game that came before it. A psycho basic diplomacy is easier to handle than the one city with two people that has four hundred units in it. The A.I. has never acted particularly psychopathic to me, and it can be randomized which can fix a lot of the weird personalities issue. Still, maybe you just have a sucky army. They love to attack people without troops. Who doesn't?

IV has a lot of pointless clutter that just bogs down the experience for me. I like the fresh efficient Civ 5.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

subrob99

Because of the bad weather I have been working from home so been brushing up on my Solitare skills

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on February 02, 2011, 04:45:59 PM
See I don't get that. No Civ game ever starts you out in a good spot. Five is actually better than most because it because it has a start location bias option that you can click or unclick as is your preference.

I know that option is there, but what does it actually do?

I have this thing where the climate in the area I'm building my little empire in, has to more or less reflect the climate of that nation, state or tribe in real life. It's always a pain when you think you've found a nice, grassy coastline to found London, and then realize there's a desert just across the river.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 02, 2011, 05:18:51 PM
I know that option is there, but what does it actually do?

I have this thing where the climate in the area I'm building my little empire in, has to more or less reflect the climate of that nation, state or tribe in real life. It's always a pain when you think you've found a nice, grassy coastline to found London, and then realize there's a desert just across the river.
Basically it starts you out near a river with lots of grass, forests and plains.

Seriously though, that's your thing? I mean sure, but you can't really be disappointed when it doesn't drop you off where you want. Play Earth map on huge and hope for the British Isles.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Ursaminor

I'm enjoying the Farmvile before Farmville.  Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on February 02, 2011, 05:33:52 PM
Basically it starts you out near a river with lots of grass, forests and plains.

Seriously though, that's your thing? I mean sure, but you can't really be disappointed when it doesn't drop you off where you want. Play Earth map on huge and hope for the British Isles.

Ahh.

Anyway, yes, that's my thing. And trust me, it is annoying. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to things like that, and when the game doesn't even let me save my preferred settings, making me redo them every time, it can be a time-consuming thing.