The Changed World

Started by LittleKitten, April 13, 2011, 01:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleKitten

If the players are interested/comfortable then I am more then willing to provide rape along with the murder and pillaging.
It some of the players are not, then I'll ask to keep it at a level they are comfortable with.

You would be welcome to 1) create a separate thread for the evil, nasty badness that got glossed over or 2) rp it out via IM, PM-whatever and send me the summery.  But, to be honest, I'm going to assume more players will be ok with at least a little evil nastyness.

The world described well....I do mention the monsters people become LOL

Crovonovin

Post apocalyptic games run the gambit between fun and serious, but there's always bound to be some death and icky things in between.  It wouldn't be very post apocalyptic otherwise!  Considering we're all mature adults (well, adults anyway!) I'm sure we all know the sort of thing we're signing up for and won't hesitate to speak up if something does rub us the wrong way.

Of course, I can't speak for everyone who has shown some interest, so you all should feel free to weigh in on the matter.

LittleKitten

Ok-A solution

Thread A will be the main thread and be capped at PG-13 stuff. That's to respect personal limits.

Thread B will be in the extreme section. This is where the evil, nasty happens. This will not be active constantly but any time a player feels the urge to start an extreme scene with another player or NPC then it will happen here. Any player not interested in Thread B simply will not have to read it and I will provide a generalized summery of important events.

I will also continue Thread A with any players not in Thread B so no one is left out.

SpiralSpider

Hey there. I've never done an RP like this before, but I'd like to give it a shot.

My idea is to bring in my characters Kasumi and Afanassii as twins; I'll PM the profile(s) shortly.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

LittleKitten

The Changed World main thread

The Changed world OOC thread

I am not ignoring the extreme thread and I will make it as the situation warrants it! I don't want to give too much away too soon. Enjoy

SpiralSpider

Names: Afanassii and Kasumi Abez'iana
Gear:
Afanassii carries around a (violin while at school, guitar while elsewhere) case with the instrument, its' bow (or picks), some candy, paper, pen and a small sewing kit in it.
Kasumi carries around a backpack with a cell phone, digital camera and a small tablet laptop. She studies martial arts and is learning how to use the kusari-gama so on certain days she may have a duffle bag as well with workout clothes and that weapon.
Biography:
The children of a Russian-American father and a Japanese mother, these two are the best of friends sometimes and yet enemies at others. While fraternal, they happen to share many traits: the key of which are their big blue-grey eyes and red hair that is void of all pigmentation in the front, a trait they received from their paternal grandmother. While Nassii is tall and lithe, energetic and soft-spoken - Kasumi is chubby and more lethargic but shares almost identical height. (Nassii is 5'10, Kasu is 5'11)

Together, they play music and are hoping to start a band on campus. Music is a much bigger calling in Afanassii's life, as he plays several instruments and it is his major. Kasumi's major is so far undecided but she is leaning toward theater - would consider dance but would likely be outright refused because of her body type.

Kasumi is a vegetarian and Afanassii is definitely not. Additionally, Kasu is quite reserved while Nassii is a shameless flirt.

The two of them are almost always together. As Monk would say, "It's a blessing.... and a curse."

Just drawings of the characters for now, sorry no RL pictures.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

TheScarletBlade

Quote from: LittleKitten on April 14, 2011, 08:34:04 AM
*shifty eyes* noooooo

Yes, it is. I haven't gotten far enough in the books though to know the reason behind the change so I've created my own. And yes, there will be a Protectorate to fight

well, if you still looking for people I am uniquely qualified for a position:

Read every book in the serious, at least thats out
Grew up in the real williamette valley, salem to be exactly and I hardly think it would die such a horrible fate as in the book
Was a member of the SCA in Oregon aka the kingdom of An Tir before I joined the marines and I promise its not as geeky as they make it sound in the books.
An Archery Ehtusiast, a real Sam Aylward to make a joke so I can offer some good insight

but...if you still full up and not looking for anyone, I understand completely.
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

LittleKitten

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on April 15, 2011, 02:56:42 AM
well, if you still looking for people I am uniquely qualified for a position:

Read every book in the serious, at least thats out
Grew up in the real williamette valley, salem to be exactly and I hardly think it would die such a horrible fate as in the book
Was a member of the SCA in Oregon aka the kingdom of An Tir before I joined the marines and I promise its not as geeky as they make it sound in the books.
An Archery Ehtusiast, a real Sam Aylward to make a joke so I can offer some good insight

but...if you still full up and not looking for anyone, I understand completely.

*chuckles* I've read up to book 5 and currently too busy to actaully read, rping is more important for some reason. I grew up in Oregon. And parts would be SCREWED. Portland would go down like a bag of bricks. Sandy/mollala/oregon city would be ok-not great but ok-with the ranchers/farmers out there. Eastern Oregon would laugh and parts of the coast would make it.

As for the SCA-loved playing but I can't anymore. I'm got hurt(not on the field) and now I'm in and out of a wheelchair. No way they'll let me fight lol

You're welcome to play btw

Catch up on the posts and PM me a bio. Welcome to the change

Kate

placeholder

TheScarletBlade

Quote from: LittleKitten on April 15, 2011, 10:57:19 AM
*chuckles* I've read up to book 5 and currently too busy to actaully read, rping is more important for some reason. I grew up in Oregon. And parts would be SCREWED. Portland would go down like a bag of bricks. Sandy/mollala/oregon city would be ok-not great but ok-with the ranchers/farmers out there. Eastern Oregon would laugh and parts of the coast would make it.

As for the SCA-loved playing but I can't anymore. I'm got hurt(not on the field) and now I'm in and out of a wheelchair. No way they'll let me fight lol

You're welcome to play btw

Catch up on the posts and PM me a bio. Welcome to the change

Yeah, portland would be screwed royally as well as most places in the northern valley, Eugene would be really bad too but as for Salem, I dunno if it would be as bad as it seems, a lot of ex military types in Salem.

Question before I send you my profile: is it possible to play an associate? I dont fit the role of evil bad guy well but I would like to start in the association and then defect  if its possible
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

LittleKitten

There's not an association yet lol! But yes, include suggestions as to how to end up there  and how/why/when you defect in your profile

Bloody Rose

Take me out of this rp, looks like i have less and less time and i am already full as it is. Sowwy

LittleKitten

awwww
Feel free to jump in later if you have more time

Greg MD

I'd love to jump on board if there's still room!

Name: Randy Grimes

Occupation: English major in Oregon as well as part time at a Comic book store

Biography: Aspired to become a firefighter but suffered a broken back as the result of a car accident during his Junior year of high school that permanently paralyzed him. Grew up in Hawaii where his parents currently live, his mother a fiction writer and his father the district manager of all Barnes & Nobles book stores in the area. Having been surrounded by books and stories of all mediums growing up, he easily became a romantic with high hopes of traveling the world, having a purpose, being a hero of some sort. He found himself in OHe has a brother (James, aged 18) and sister (Isabella, 17, childhood prodigy) each attending their freshman year on the East coast at the University of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois, and Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore Maryland, respectively. He'll be torn between trying to cross the ocean to the west to find his parents, or traveling east to rescue his sibs. Plays wheelchair basketball so he's in fairly kickass shape. Hates when people look down on him because of his disability. He's self conscious about getting in the way, being a burden, so he hates being in crowds where he's constantly apologizing for bumping into people. He used to talk a lot but his self consciousness has rendered him pretty silent for fear of saying something stupid His filter disappears when he's nervous though. Major comic and film buff. Especially post apocalyptic films. He lives alone in an ADA compliant dorm just of official campus grounds. His current choice of University was based off the fact that the campus has an awesome wheelchair basketball program.

Gear: When we first meet him he'll be dressed in work out gear and a uniform having gone to work at the Comic Book shop just after practice. He possesses a sports wheelchair, Ultrasol sunglasses, a towel, bicycle gloves, blister cream, and an emergency repair kit for his chair maintenance, all of this inside a handy little net underneath the seat to his wheelchair. His first goal after the Change will be to make contact with his friend Mickey, a man who prides himself in being fully prepared for the "End Times," and to acquire any tools/advice Mickey has stored up.

LittleKitten

We did have someone who left so yes, you're the last one in
Welcome aboard

Greg MD

Awesome. I caught up with all the other posts, saw that someone left. Well yay for me  :D Great idea about the A and B boards, though I personally am fine with the extremes if that counts for anything.

LittleKitten

feel free to jump in but a little more backstory detail would be good.

TheScarletBlade

Forgot to throw my bio up here

Name: Derek Llew
Race: Caucasian(aka White)
Current Occupation: United States Army Ranger
Current Rank: Sergeant
Skills: Unarmed combat training,Armed Combat, Tactics,Special Forces Training
Hobbies: Archery,Hunting, SCA Combat, Medieval History, Reading Fantasy Books
Current Gear: A packed sea bag full of military uniforms and other assorted clothes, a military issued ruck pack full of some other odds and ends, A legal carrying case for his compound bow complete with 6 carbon steel arrows, his trusty ka-bar fighting knife hanging from his belt.

Biography:   Derek Llew is what people call a mutt, a mixture of different ethnicities though he is prodominately Welsh from his fathers side,it making up about 50% percent of his make up. His father a US marine who survived the end of the vietnam war, all through the 80's and Desert storm, the hardened veteran was like a drill instructor during the raising of his son Derek. Highly disciplined and trained since the time his mother died at 7 and his father got free reign on him, Derek was training to become daddy's little soldier, learning to fight, to think tactically. He didn't just learn the skills of the modern era either, he had to be trained to think and fight like the people of old, his dad a firm believer that history held a significant importance even today.Training in martial arts, tactical knife fighting,fencing and other sword fighting and even training daily with his favorite weapon: the bow and being a natural at it,his father attributing it to being the Welsh in him. In high school, the first real time he wasn't home schooled, spending every other grade before freshman at home, getting  "schooled", Derek was lost and confused, even an outcast around so many strange kids: breaking some kids arm when the kid tried to bully him being another reason for his Pariah status, Derek was a fairly good learner though after his class was tasked to read the fellowship of the ring, Derek was hooked on fantasy books, lost in tales of JRR Tolkien and Robert E Howard, trying to make sense of a strange life by branching out to someone like Conan the barbarian, someone who was a "trained warrior like him". So caught up in fantasy, it becoming a growing problem to his training according to his father, Derek's dad took him to the local SCA meeting to let the young man fight in "medieval", a young Derek enjoying every minute of it. When Derek turned 17 and graduated early, operation enduring freedom and Iraq freedom had kicked off and the first thing Derek did was enlist in the US Army, being selected for Rangers. Becoming a full fledged Ranger, the young soldier fought once in each of the campaigns. Just returned from his last deployment, Derek was back in Oregon, having just finished visiting his father in Salem and was heading back to where he was stationed, waiting in Portland International Airport when the change happened,thats when everything went to shit.

TheScarletBlade aka TSB