Interest Check - "Once Upon a Time" group story (Always recruiting!)

Started by Aislinn, February 20, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aislinn

Quote from: King Serperior on April 10, 2016, 03:24:58 PM
Woo!  Can't wait to begin, assuming there's no issues with Wally, of course?   :D

None that I see. I just need to add him to the main list
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Ember Star

Quote from: King Serperior on April 10, 2016, 08:13:47 AM
You know, I was just looking over the characters on the first post of this thread and was thinking the same thing.  They both seem pretty eccentric and creative enough to have that possibility, so she can most certainly drop by the scrapyard for random items as long as they don't come from the workshop (where he makes the sculptures) or the shed (where he keeps the treasures he finds).   ;D
trinkets and binkets and dinkets. Old Jazzy Chez can find something anywhere she sticks her noses. Most usually it'll be the thing all others deem quite trash. Jewelry out of bits and clocks of wheels. Tick tock, tick tock, she might just knock into the greater treasure of all. At least in her own mind.
Quote from: Aislinn on April 10, 2016, 02:55:50 PM
Opening post will be up tomorrow! Just going over everything and making sure it's as lovely as I envisioned it to be. =-)
tick tock, tick tock
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

PrestaDGTation

This looks awesome!

...I uhh.. see that Ursula isn't taken yet!  Nee hee hee, my favorite Disney Villain!  Is she a possibility, or does someone else have a claim?

Barring that, I might express an interest in either Tinkerbell or Merida.  Heh, or maybe I'll just have Sebastian show up as a Blue's Bar owner that hates foodies!

Ho hum!  So many choices!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on April 13, 2016, 12:13:48 PM
  This looks awesome!

...I uhh.. see that Ursula isn't taken yet!  Nee hee hee, my favorite Disney Villain!  Is she a possibility, or does someone else have a claim?

Barring that, I might express an interest in either Tinkerbell or Merida.  Heh, or maybe I'll just have Sebastian show up as a Blue's Bar owner that hates foodies!

Ho hum!  So many choices!

Presta, you know I adore you playing pixies, but damn Sebastian sparks my muse like mad!

BruceTheCat

Here is my character for submission!

Character Name:  Baloo

Cannon or Off-Scripr: Off-Script

Job in Storybrooke: Unemployed, he lives off the land

Level of Control
: Yes, I do not mind being controlled for story purposes

Character Concept: Baloo is a fun-loving, care free hermit who lives in the woods of Storybrook. Everything he owns he has found or builds himself. He has been known to do a few odd jobs around town (mostly manual labor) in order to buy a few things here and there that he feels he needs. But he finds a sense of total peace in living off just what he needs to get by, or as he says it, the bare necessities! Baloo is quite tall and broad for a man, and when seen out and about he usually ends up wearing an old looking set of coats or jeans. Rarely switching to different outfits since thrift stores don't normally carry clothing in his size. His favorite hobbies are fishing, exploring the woods, cooking, and visiting friends. He loves to laugh and reminisce with the other members of Storybrook about fond past memories.

Face Claim: Patrick Warburton
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Baloo is so freaking awesome, Red!

It's also cracking me up a bit!

Bibliophilia

Ember Star

I've considered taking Merida as an second character. She's one of my favorites and I actually like what they did with her in Once. Plus I like the actress, I liked her in Atlantis too.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

PrestaDGTation

Character Name:  Marigold Lee Viseli

Cannon or Off-Script: Mostly Canon

Job in Storybrooke:  Independently Wealthy Eccentric Charity Enthusiast

Character Concept:  Ms. Marigold Viseli is that eccentric wealthy widow in the house on the out skirts of town.  A patron of the arts, a generous supporter of charities, and a charming socialite, Ms. Viseli has that devilish quality where you know you can't trust her, but you can't help but listen to her pitch.  She apparently used to be fabulously wealthy, until she was indited in some fiasco involving tax evasion through shell corporations.  Even so, Viseli remains a woman of means, employing her considerable talents in business and con-artistry to ensure she is able to live in reasonable comfort.  She has a theatrical quality to her, and sometimes takes rather impressive roles in local plays she sponsors.  She is also a bit of a busy body, eager to help people with their problems, so long as it benefits her in some way, and especially if it gets her closer to her former heights of power and decadence.  A rumor that she dabbles in witch-craft exists, but no one is entirely sure..

One important aspect of Viseli involves her two 'little dears,' Floyd and Jerry Angolna.  These two are brothers, and so close they can easily finish one another's sentences.  Snakey and strange, they are completely devoted to Viseli for some reason, apparently butlers that decided to stay on in her service after her fall from titanic levels of wealth.  One of these two can always be found at her house, welcoming visitors and keeping things tidy for the mistress.  The other, however, is usually prowling somewhere around town.  Viseli likes to keep an extra close watch on the goings on in Storybrooke, and the Angolna Brothers are uncannily thorough at keeping her informed. 

Level of Control: Plot twists and GM Control are just fine!

Face Claim: For now, going with Bette Midler.  Might find someone better!  xD
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

VonDoom

Definitely a big improvement over the OUAT canon version. ;D

I expect she has a particular interest in sponsoring young singers?  >:)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Sergeant

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on April 14, 2016, 02:20:17 AM
Face Claim: For now, going with Bette Midler.  Might find someone better!  xD

I think Bette Midler couldn't be more fitting. Great character.

Ember Star

I demand a live action Little Mermaids with Bette as Ursula!

Amelita

So... I just sent this one to Aislinn.

It's Bambi. She's a girl. And a grownup. Yep!

Job in Storybrooke: Nurse
Character Concept: Bambi is a sweet and gentle soul with hidden depths of bravery and an endless supply of loyalty. She's a curious and knowledge thirsty person, and has a certain nonchalant grace about her that's difficult to pin down because most of the time she's a little bit awkward as well. She's shy, but a generally cheerful and happy person.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Ryven

I volunteer as tribute!  I mean...how do I go about doing this thing here?

Ariel

Quote from: Christa on April 14, 2016, 03:59:13 AM
I was thinking about making Ariel as well.

*giggles* You're gonna make me? :P

I'll be doing this a lot. I'm not sorry ::)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Ember Star

Quote from: Ryven on April 14, 2016, 02:58:10 PM
I volunteer as tribute!  I mean...how do I go about doing this thing here?
Pick a character, any character. So long as it isn't a character that isn't already picked. Lol.

Ryven

Quote from: Ember Star on April 14, 2016, 03:38:32 PM
Pick a character, any character. So long as it isn't a character that isn't already picked. Lol.

Ame's gave me a nice idea for a character.  It's not from any one fairytale, but rather from many.

And the concept is...

Character Name: Drake Groen
Cannon or Off-Script: Not Cannon
Job in Storybrooke: Runs an art gallery perhaps?
Character Concept: Drake is secretive, secluded, and more than a little stubborn.  He enjoys the finer things in life and has expensive tastes, but more than his love for the material is that of knowledge.  Behind his eyes hides a soul older than most.
Level of Control: Open to plot twists with consent from the writer
Face Claim: Ari Levanael

Ember Star

Quote from: Ryven on April 14, 2016, 03:44:00 PM
Ame's gave me a nice idea for a character.  It's not from any one fairytale, but rather from many.
Oooh. Curiosity has been sparked  ;D

Ryven

Ember Star

He looks quite intriguing. What might be his magical identity(s)? Or are you keeping that under wraps?

Ryven

He is one of the most well known of fairy tale creatures.

A dragon. :)

Aislinn

Welcome to all the new writers! I'm Aislinn....your tour-guide for this fun-filled adventure. =-)

Please pm me your mini character sheets. I'm noticing an increase in people posting them into the thread...but would prefer to have them in pm. I also need to know WHO your characters actually are. That's generally a very good piece of knowledge to know.

I'm just home from work so I will be making dinner and settling in for the evening. Expect answers to questions....replies to pms....and all that general wonderment to come in the following few hours.
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Ember Star

persephone325

v.v I was hoping this wouldn't happen... I fear I've spread myself too thin with games I'm involved in.

I'm going to have to withdraw my interest and character. I'm really sorry, Aislinn. I hope this doesn't throw a wrench in your plans, or anything.

Maybe when things calm down, I can see about popping back in.

XO
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."