Eversnow: The Curse of the Ice King

Started by Darkmoon, February 16, 2014, 08:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Quote from: Tsunami on March 08, 2014, 02:50:36 PM
So is my character okay

No, I am sorry. Too many grammatical errors. I suspect you are underage.

Tsunami

Well I am well over 18, but I openly admit my grammer sucks. I wish you luck, and hope you have fun.
To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

Vaulera

I think I might be interested in a position in this roleplay, if you don't mind. English isn't my first language, but I've been speaking it fluently for a while, so I do hope my grammar is adequate. Is there any particular position (of female gender,) that you would like filled for the story as of now?

Darkmoon

Quote from: Vaulera on March 08, 2014, 06:42:13 PM
I think I might be interested in a position in this roleplay, if you don't mind. English isn't my first language, but I've been speaking it fluently for a while, so I do hope my grammar is adequate. Is there any particular position (of female gender,) that you would like filled for the story as of now?

Praise the Sun! There is definitely room for more female characters. While no specific roles have been laid out, other than the Ice Queen who has one or two applicants without character sheet submissions in yet, you can feel free to submit anything you wish or run an idea by me.

Vaulera

Indeed, Praise the Sun! It will be my pleasure to engage in Jolly Co-operation, and I'll see what I fancy, and if I can take a role or two. I'm curious, would one or two of the roles in the castle that are clearly defined as male, possibly be switched, or should I just focus on making a sheet or an idea for the more female-specific roles?

Darkmoon

Quote from: Vaulera on March 08, 2014, 08:34:10 PM
Indeed, Praise the Sun! It will be my pleasure to engage in Jolly Co-operation, and I'll see what I fancy, and if I can take a role or two. I'm curious, would one or two of the roles in the castle that are clearly defined as male, possibly be switched, or should I just focus on making a sheet or an idea for the more female-specific roles?

We are able to switch genders. What do you have in mind?

Vaulera

I was thinking of a role similar to the orc king or the golgathan, but female. Rather than a vicious, brutal orc man, it could be some half-devil, or a frost-giant's kin. The golgathan could be a brutish full frost giant. Generally I do like the more savage, evil sort of roles, but I'm much better at playing a female than a male.

Drake Valentine

Bookmarked.

Had few character ideas.

I. Deceased gladitor brought back through dark magic.
Ii. Frost Elf - Possibly slave hunter or rouge. Magic base character.       
III. A villianous hero. Not sure of the term for it. Do not think it is anti-hero.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Ontan

Quote from: Drake Valentine on March 09, 2014, 12:18:10 AM
[...]
III. A villianous hero. Not sure of the term for it. Do not think it is anti-hero.

My hero was going for more of the ‘gentleman rake’ vibe than traditional knight in shining armour, so there might be a little overlap there. Still, if Darkmoon is happy to accept both characters, I’m more than happy to team up.

CarnivorousBunny

I still really, really want to do this!  I just need to see if I can fit this in, but I have already decided on playing a sacrifice.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Vaulera on March 08, 2014, 09:38:50 PM
I was thinking of a role similar to the orc king or the golgathan, but female. Rather than a vicious, brutal orc man, it could be some half-devil, or a frost-giant's kin. The golgathan could be a brutish full frost giant. Generally I do like the more savage, evil sort of roles, but I'm much better at playing a female than a male.

I'm on board.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Ontan on March 09, 2014, 05:18:18 AM
My hero was going for more of the ‘gentleman rake’ vibe than traditional knight in shining armour, so there might be a little overlap there. Still, if Darkmoon is happy to accept both characters, I’m more than happy to team up.

I can accomodate both if you both feel comfortable with the others' potential to overlap. Team-ups are grand as well.

Darkmoon

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on March 09, 2014, 07:07:20 AM
I still really, really want to do this!  I just need to see if I can fit this in, but I have already decided on playing a sacrifice.

Very well!

Darkmoon

Quote from: Drake Valentine on March 09, 2014, 12:18:10 AM
Bookmarked.

Had few character ideas.

I. Deceased gladitor brought back through dark magic.
Ii. Frost Elf - Possibly slave hunter or rouge. Magic base character.       

All are acceptable. Just submit a basic character sheet.

Ontan

Edit: Changed some of the abilities and background.

Name: Sir Landred Villiers
Race: Human
Role: Wandering Hero

Sex: Male
Height: 186cm (6’1”)
Weight: 78kg (171 lbs)

Appearance:
Landred seems to defy the frozen misery that’s gripped so much of the realm, which is small wonder given his skills as a warrior are in high demand. Where so many others appear sickly and malnourished, his body has maintained its toned muscle and measured grace, and his chestnut hair remains fashionably trimmed. Both his equipment and warhorse are similarly cared for, and if anyone resents the show of wealth they’re usually wise enough not to act on it.

Were one to see him up close, a few flaws might come to their attention. His dark eyes carry a laziness and impatience that hint of resentment, and his smile is only truly warm when presented with drink or dice. The knight-errant seems to swagger around with unassailable confidence, but beneath the fine clothing his pale skin is marred by a handful of ragged scars along his ribs and right shoulder, telling of prior defeats and a few near misses. Perhaps most telling of all is his equipment. When parading into town Landred is all pomp and ceremony, clad in burnished armour and bearing his family’s pennant atop a hefty spear, but a sharp eye might spot a few things amiss: the stock of a crossbow poking out his saddlebags, a bundled mass of fur and hide armour designed for camouflage rather than head-on fights, and a few other tools more befitting an cutthroat than a knight.

Personality

At first glance, Landred almost appears to be the gentleman and noble he claims to be. Those meeting the knight-errant for the first time would be greeted with a pious and gallant veneer, and it is all too easy to be seduced by his assurances of honour and valour. Most people only catch a glimpse of his true nature once the warrior has his reward safely in hand, and only a select few are perceptive enough to see his true colours in advance. 

A paragon in name alone, Landred is in fact a rake and a fatalist at heart, and only performs his knightly duties in pursuit of more coin with which to drink or gamble. He’s quick to smile and quicker still to celebrate, but his infectious cheer is of the superficial kind: to him, happiness and fulfilment are things to be found in cups of wine, gambling dens, and occasionally brothels. He’s seen much of the world in his recent travels, but his journeys have just convinced him that liars and cheaters always win, and that it’s better to be the winner than loser.

For all his vices, Landred nevertheless retains a slither of nobility at his core. Beneath his failings as a traditional hero there is still a talented fighter, a cunning tactician, and a sharp intellect that adapts quickly to his surroundings. Surprisingly, he even accords to a chivalric code of sorts – he’s yet to resort to outright banditry, and despite his penchant for deceit, exaggeration and shameless carousing he typically does what he’s paid to do.

Background

To understand Landred, it’s necessary to start with his childhood… and that, unfortunately, involves a brief mention of his father, Lord Roterem Villiers of Briarvale.

Lord Roterem had a rightly earned reputation as a vicious tyrant, belligerent neighbour, and harsh parent. Barely tolerated by his king and fellow nobles, Landred’s father was a man who measured success in brute force and the coins he wrested from the subjects of his tiny fiefdom. It went without saying that his children’s sole purpose was to extend his grim legacy. His two oldest sons were raised to be lordlings in their own right, groomed to one day take his place in ruling over the miserable little fiefdom, while his daughters were little more than chattels to be sold off in arranged marriages. By the time Landred was born, his father already had two sons – effectively an heir and a backup – and so Landred was raised to become a knight-errant, a wandering champion who would garner repute for his family in neighbouring realms. His childhood was one marked by wealth but not luxury; the cold halls of Briarvale Keep might’ve been home, but under his father’s oppressive gaze they were a place of hard work and painful lessons.

Everything changed when Landred came of age and was unleashed upon the world to seek fame and fortune for his family. Suddenly there were no more dour-faced tutors or snarling instructors: there was wine, and dice, and women, and song, and a hundred other opportunities waiting for a jumped-up swordsman who could charm a crowd.
There were also alchemists – strange, reclusive people who, like Landred, appreciated the value of cold pragmatism and careful calculation. He met one almost by chance after setting out to capture an elderly fugitive wanted for forgery and murder. What should’ve been an easy bounty soon turned into a farce as the old man proved to be a wily opponent: the use of flash-powder alone allowed the criminal to slip through Landred’s grasp on a half dozen occasions, and there were countless other examples of shackles being melted by acid, drinks being spiked, and one particularly nasty incident involving a firebomb that killed Landred’s first horse. When Landred finally cornered the fugitive alchemist, his quarry simply smirked and noted that, with the powers of alchemy, an old man had eluded a powerful knight for almost two months. He then made Landred an offer: spare his life, and he’d teach the knight the secrets of his craft.

After beheading the old bastard, Landred belatedly reflected he might’ve had a point. He kept the deceased man’s books, and armed with his educated upbringing he started trying to unravel the secrets of the strange art. What started as idle curiosity soon blossomed into a genuine hobby, and Landred has started dabbling with a few of the simpler, safer recipes contained in the byzantine tomes.

Over the next few years the Ice King’s madness dragged the realm into darkness, though in some places it wasn’t quite the tragedy it should’ve been. It is joked that when Landred’s homeland of Briarvale was overrun by the Ice King’s marauding armies of monsters and blackguards, the local peasants actually breathed a sigh of relief at the change of administration. Landred would never admit it for anything short of torture, but he had much the same reaction when he found out his father’s realm had been conquered and that the old man himself was assuredly dead in a ditch somewhere.

Abilities:
There's no denying Landred’s value as an adventurer, and he has much to show for a childhood spent slaving under expensive tutors, grizzled trainers, and a cruel father.

• Noble upbringing: His tutors might’ve skipped the parts on chivalry and honour, but Landred’s courtly upbringing has gifted him with a silver tongue and reassuring presence. He has a talent for charming a crowd and earning their trust (and coin), though the subtleties of a commoner’s life will forever remain a mystery to him.
  • Knight-errant: As a child Landred was drilled in the arts of horse riding and battle, and he’s since had plenty of time to hone these skills against real opponents. Over the years he has grown to become a competent horseman and lethal swordsman.
  • Novice alchemist: Aided by a few hefty tomes and a lot of patience, Landred has started dabbling in the arts of alchemy. Outlandish items like healing potions and firebombs still remain well outside his abilities, but he has managed to reproduce a few more mundane bits and pieces. In particular, Landred has been able to make flash powder, smoke powder, and choking powder… though admittedly it’s all exactly the same stuff with different labels sewn onto the pouch.

Weaknesses:
Landred has his share of character flaws, but there are also some genuine failings which occasionally cripple his efforts. It remains to be seen whether these weaknesses will get better or worse with time.

• Vulnerable to magic - Every student has one subject they struggle with, and Landred’s was undoubtedly the arcane. Neither repeated lessons nor the tutors’ cane could correct his inability to grasp even the basics of magical lore, and to this day his otherwise intuitive mind can’t spot the tell-tale warning signs of magical effects. On a couple of embarrassing occasions he’s even returned from a quest with some useless bauble instead of the magical artefact he was sent to retrieve, necessitating a return trip.
  • Fear of beasts – A recent near-death experience has left Landred a little shaky when it comes to facing down the monstrous beasts of the land, such as wargs and dire-boars… which is a problem, because slaying such creatures are an adventurer’s bread and butter. He’ll still happily face down ogres, drakes, and demons, but confronting big-game creatures requires a skinful of liquid courage and the use of his longest spear… or, better yet, the use of his crossbow from a safe distance.
  • Dubious loyalties – Landred isn’t the tyrant his father was, but he still inherited the old man’s fixation with military might, and consequently Landred can’t help but admire some aspects of the Ice King’s conquest. Combined with his love of coin, it’s not entirely certain whether Landred will continue to help the downtrodden populace if things keep getting worse.
  • Racial prejudices – Opinion’s divided whether this is Landred’s biggest or smallest flaw, but either way there’s no getting around the fact the just doesn’t like elves… or frost giants, or goblins, or just about anything which isn’t human. He makes a slight exception for orcs on account of their military prowess, but given they’re servants of the Ice King or Snow Witch, this concession isn’t particularly redeeming.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Darkmoon on March 09, 2014, 07:18:14 AM
All are acceptable. Just submit a basic character sheet.

Will do. I will have one done, hopefully, sometime by tomorrow. Today I am going to be busy and will not have much access to a computer; nor will I be much awake by the time I do.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Siereis

Post is in progress (Expect edits as I work on it)
Any comments, notes, suggestions, or corrections are appreciated!

Name:     Elaida Virix
Species:  Human (supposedly)
Role:       The Snow Witch, Snow Queen

Age:        Unknown, Appears to be in her late twenties by human standards.
Height:    6'0"
Body:      Perfection - Slender body with curvy hips and a large bust.  Slender shoulders and a delicate neck.  Strong thighs and toned arms.  Impossibly smooth feet and long legs.
Hair:       White, Wavy, Short - reaches to her shoulders
Skin:       Pale
Eyes:      Icey Blue

Background
Elaida was once in love...many many centuries ago.  She fell in love with a man by the name of Mavar, who unknowingly to her, was a wandering god during the time when gods became men.  She spent many years with Mavar, even going so far as to promise to marry him.  Her happiness was not to last though.  A week before her marriage Mavar met one of the other wandering gods, this one a goddess of summer.  While Elaida was certainly a beauty for any mortal, the summer goddess was even more spectacular.  Given Mavar's similar status with the Goddess, it wasn't long before Mavar forgot Elaida entirely, preferring to be with the celestial being instead.  The pair ascended to the heavens with their new found joy, leaving Elaida heartbroken, jilted, lonely, and embarrassed.   Most of all though, the human felt anger...anger at summer...and anger at the gods.  She vowed from that day forward to ensure that the gods knew of suffering.

It was at this same time that the human realized that she had some affinity for magic.  Using her base powers, the human took what she wanted and lived for herself, never trusting another being and certainly never giving thanks for anything.  Over time, her heart grew colder and colder and due to her own magical abilities it froze in her chest - literally.    It was during this time that she ceased being a human and became something....more.  Over the next thousand years she spiraled more and more into her own anger and lust.

None living in the realm today know the full history of the Queen.  Those who try to figure out her history all come to find that she first came into public knowledge as a powerful witch.  Before her arrival,  Mount Volcan Fortress was a truly magnificent castle of glowing ice spires and glistening walls.  It was claimed that none could successfully siege the fortress located on the dormant volcano.  The knights and warriors of the fortress were known as some of the best of the lands and under the shadow of the strong keep, there was peace.  However, about three hundred years ago, Elaida set her eyes on it.  By seducing the captain of the guard and earning the inspiration of all the warriors, she saw to it's downfall.  One day she walked into the keep and only days later it was under her complete control.  Whereas humans and snow elves once served as it's protectors, now orcs and monsters patrolled it's halls.  The lands under the volcano where it stood were abandoned except for the slaves that now worked the fields.  Over the next hundreds of years, the once proud walls of the keep have turned a dark black color and the icey spires now inspire fear and not hope.

[Part 2 - Prince and Princess - In Progress]

Part 3 - Recent History - In Progress]

Powers:  Elaida is a magical being of immense power.  None know where she gets her powers from, but all agree that she is not a being to be trifled with.

Cold:  Elaida's ability to remove the heat from anything she desires is perhaps her more well known skill.  With just the touch of her fingers she can sap any and all heat from a substance or being.  The heat is transferred to her own body, powering her spells further.  While she has masterful control of close up objects, her ability to sap heat diminishes with distance up to a quarter mile at maximum range.

Water:  Whereas her ability to remove heat allows her to freeze objects, it is her ability to control water that allows makes her especially dangerous.  A form of telekinesis, Elaida is able to move water  in whatever path she desires.  Water that has turned to ice included.  Once again, her ability is diminished over long distances.  Additionally, she is unable to control the water inside of another person.  She cannot make water from nothing - but her ability to turn air moisture into liquid or solid is possible.

Corruption: Perhaps the least well understood of all her powers is Elaida's ability to corrupt others.  By touching them, usually where their heart would be, the queen is able to manipulate the motivations of others.  While not a form of direct mind control, she is able to remove or override what is important to someone.  The best known example of this is the Snow King - by adding a love and lust for Elaida into his most cherished desires, Elaida has essentially made the once proud prince into her slave.  Unlike her other powers, this ability requires that Elaide be in physical contact with another person, touching their skin just above their heart. 

Motivations:

- Because she remembers losing her love thousands of years ago to what had appeared (at the time) to be another human girl, Elaida has a sharp hatred for anything or anyone she considers more beautiful than herself.
- As her powers grew, Elaida was able to attain more and more of what she wanted.  After a while, it became second nature for her to assume she was nearly a goddess.  Elaida considers all beings lesser to her, and reminds them of it frequently.
- Elaida was only truly happy once, with her one time lover Mavar.  With him, the girl had sexual relations often and with eagerness.  However, after his departure, she has come to see sex as ...disappointing.  Mostly a matter of her own perspective, any sexual relations with her tend to leave her unfulfilled.  Granted, she does try to climax and actively seeks sex that would bring her fulfillment.  However, despite her attempts, her ice cold heart and anger filled body leave her wanting.
- Being jilted once has left her lonely and secretly afraid of being rejected.  She refuses to let anyone truly into her heart again.  Instead, she uses her powers of corruption to make them love her.
- Because the girl that took Mavar away from her was a goddess of summer, Elaida hates anything having to do with warmth or growth.
- While most people of the realm would consider her evil, the queen does not act evil for the sake of evil.  She has her own motivations for what she does.  However, the means of which she accomplishes her goals tends to be....extreme and evil

Vaulera

Name: Grimna Blackheart

Species Half-Breed (Explained in story!)
Role Orc King, Kind of
Age 19
Height 9,5" or 190 cm
Skin: Pale White
Eyes Dark Yellow
Hair Jet Black, but not silky or terribly neat

Supernatural Abilities: Grimna isn't possessed of a great number of abilities beyond mortal scope, and is no great sorcerer or magi. The only qualities of her that could be described as beyond normal are her ability to control animals, and her complete disregard for the cold, or snow. She is lighter dressed than a great deal of her burlier, fatter orc brethren, but never shivers or bemoans the cold. Her remarkable resistance to the weather is what spawned the rumors that she is half devil, or half frost giant, or half of each. Though Grimna does not speak of her abilities often, her ability to control animals is more akin to telepathic powers, establishing empathetic links with the different animals, not an overt domination of their wills.

Physical Abilities: The physical side of Grimna is what strikes fear into the hearts of all. Raised by Kato the Render: greatest of orc warriors, she is possessed of legendary skill with her adoptive father's axe, and wields it with a bloodthirsty fervor that is even more terrifying than her ability. Combined with her immense physical size and strength, she becomes a nightmare on the battlefield surrounded by her three armoured, horse-sized wolves. Her reputation is reinforced by her sadistic duels with human sized opponents, dropping her axe and fighting them with her bare hands, inevitably knocking them down and then ripping their heart out the messy way with her hands, or ripping them limb from limb.

Beyond the physical sides of her, Grimna is possessed of a vast education, but focused only in the matters of war, as well as its logistics and strategies. Despite the focus on war and its faculties, she makes herself a devilish opponent in the game of intrigue, knowing how to slight a man or woman in court without betraying it with words. Although not in command of the vastest intellect, Grimna employs her cunning, ferocity and ruthlessness in combination to overcome any obstacles she can't chop into with her axe.

History: There was no history detailing the siring of Grimna. Who was responsible, or even what the two parents were. The only true fact known about Grimna is that she earned her title, watering the ground with the blood of any who opposed her, no matter their station. Her recorded history began when she was only eleven years old. The rip-tooth clan of orcs was a moderately sized band of orcs, prone to all of their regular behaviours and more feral desires. Orcs were always known for their love of wanton destruction, making small raids on settlements and generally destroying anything resembling a cohesive society small enough to be preyed upon. This was before Grimna.

Eleven years old, clad only in a cloak of rough fur, Grimna was found at one of the fires on the outer ring of the orc encampment. She was covered in blood, the three orcs assigned to the watch murdered, throats ripped out where they stood. She was feasting on the meat they had been cooking over a fire, tearing into it with sharp teeth, three massive dire wolves at her feet, fur as white as snow. Also known for not being the bravest of creatures, the first orcs to see this reported it to the leader of their clan, an uncommonly wise orc known as Kato the Render. The report confused him, more than anything, and curious, he made his way to the edge of the fire, where the three wolves were snapping orc bones with their teeth. With the standard disregard for his fellow orc, Kato sat on a log opposite Grimna, and had a conversation with her, wolves growling at him the entire time. Details on the conversation were never recorded, and Kato took the secret with him to his grave, but the results sent them both down a path that would carve their names into the history of the north.

Grimna was raised by Kato and his band of savage orcs, and quickly became a symbol for their rising clan. Possessed of a kindred spirit, Grimna had command over the more savage tundra animals, including her three wolves, who were named Urga, Denethar and Kinra, her own royal guard. This ability lead to the brutal inter-species wars between the rip-tooth clan and several others. Their chieftans were found, throats missing, eyes gouged out, badly mauled or even just plain never seen again. One by one, Kato and Grimna, something of a daughter to the orc people, subjugated the entirety of the orc clans that resided in the broken chain of mountains. This took eight years of her life, and on the last year, Kato the Render died, living to be 41 years old, one of the longest lived orcs in his whole clan.

The matter of succession came up, and in traditional orc fashion, it came to a fight. In the eight years Grimna was raised, she came to be massive and feminine in her appearances, but Kato the Render had taught her well. Wielding Kato's own battle-axe, North-Fang, she hacked into eight different clan leaders, before feeding their bodies to her wolves. The acceptance of Grimna as chieftan was unanimous in approval. Grimna, obviously being more reasonable than all of her predecessors, began forging alliances. Frost giants, pale-orcs, goblins and even a clan of ogres, all treatised with Grimna, and so she forged a dangerous alliance of the most terrifying and monstrous races of the north, headed by the rip-tooth clan of orcs, and Grimna the Blackheart.

(Decided on a picture to go with her, and just completed the character sheet. Give me a heads up on if it's good or not!)

Shjade

Ahh, I love that picture. Was disappointed the character I made for it a while back didn't end up being used in that RP. xD
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Vaulera

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Melange

I've been following this thread for a little while now, and it's nice to see it come to life. I'm intrigued by the idea of a snow elf rebellion, but before I take the plunge and submit a character, I wanted to ask a few questions.

Is the rebellion a massive uprising, or more of a resistance movement? Are the elves autonomous, having their own villages and cities, or are they mixed in with other races who might be watching them? And what is the goal of the rebellion, to escape to more pleasant lands, or to overthrow the Ice King, or something else?

I'm thinking my character could be a mage, or a spy/rogue type depending on what form the rebellion takes. I'm wondering what a snow elf would look like, though. Maybe something like this?

Drake Valentine

Name:    
Gorgrim (Allick Silverstar)
Species: 
Abomination (Formerly Human.)
Role:       
Queen's Pet/Guardian (Former Champion of the Arena)

Height:   
6'0"
Body:    
Muscular. Gorgrim is a chiseled brute and the stories of the monstrosity are not far fetch. From his former life in the arena, his body has been toned and sharpened through rigorous training. Large hands capable of gripping and crushing a being's skull. Strong and long athletic legs which allow room for acrobatic feats.  The only thing that shies him from being as hard as stone are the scars that can be found etching all over his fit figure. 
Hair:
Ebony, long and braided.
Skin:       
Holds a green pigment. (Once was tan.)
Eyes:     
Crimson (Once were Green.)

Background:
From War Orphan to Warrior

Allick Silverstar, not a birth name mind you. He can vaguely recall his name in his younger years. Back then there are short memories of running and playing in the wilderness or on the rooftops from his birthplace; he does recall coming from a poor family, a quiet village which was put to the torch from the cruelty of war. Many were killed, those that survived were taken prisoner and some taken or sold into slavery, such happened to the barbaric child who would later be deemed Allick.

The boy was ‘adopted’ by a noble who gained his famed in arms dealing. Silverstar was a blessing name, many of the wares that were sold carried a similar title for businesses sake; however, Allick wasn’t the most treasured of boys. The child could never do anything right, he was wild and as expected, barbaric. There were various instances that he was whipped, many times that he escaped traditional teachings of proper etiquette. Frustrated, his caretaker decided for a better demonstration of business and soon had his adopted son sent off to the arena to make a name for himself or die in the process to get rid of him.

Allick was given a talented teacher, a man renown in martial skills and weapon combat. The boy wasn’t simply thrown out to the lions, no, his adopted father did wish for him to make a name for himself and even let the trainer know to do what needs to be done so that the child would be broken in.

Growing up was rough for Allick, he was beaten mercilessly, forced to train under extreme conditions. He was taught the cold truth that no one is born a genius, that one had to strive themselves every day to get better or that they would be the ones faced down in the sand bleeding to death. The growing man was forced to watch various arena bouts between other contestants, forced to witness the cruel reality that happened to those that were defeated. Allick never wanted to be one of the ones lying lifeless and forgotten. He was told that the victors will grow famous, that one day many would scream the champion’s name. That one could even become ‘God of the Arena’ and be worshipped maybe even inspired other nobility and royalty alike.

The youth slowly climb the ladder of renown within the arena. He was likely one of the youngest competitors as well, fighting at an age of fifteen against various grown men. He wasn’t outright thrown to the lions, even new blood was not tossed to seasoned fighters. There was even some disapproval in the crowd to see such a ‘boy’ fighting, but Allick managed to surprise them all with his consecutive victories which went on for a good decade.

Allick the Bold, Allick the Fearless, the young man had various titles within the arena. He was always pushing himself, even after he became champion at the youngest of sixteen. Within that decade he held the title, broadening himself by fighting multiple opponents as well. How else could he impress Queen with just one on one bouts in the arena? It gave the crowd what they wanted, he trained himself against seasoned men and prisoners set to execution. He had already carved his name through the history of the arena and his bouts kept drawing attention, inevitably catching even the Queen to observe his matches.

Even grown, Allick was still a ’boy’ in means of wanting to show off. He boldly went up against a rival school three to one, something his master had forbid him to do. It wasn’t ’noble’ to generally show off against other well known gladiators, and since the Queen was there watching this event the man went farther in humiliating his opponents by fighting them unarmed. It was a sight to behold for that age, him swaying and rolling, flipping and avoiding various swipes of his opponents swords. Countering by moving in and unleashing a fury of punches and kicks against his competitors. Two were disarmed and disemboweled by their own blades, the other fallen was mercilessly put to the sword when Allick climbed over his body and withdrew the blade, heaving it through the poor gladiator‘s skull.
The Fall of a Gladiator, Rise of a Beast

If only he knew how furious the rival school were and how far they would go for revenge, he might of taken a different approach that day. They went after Allick fully by setting up his adopted father first, making it appear like the man was secretly giving weapons off to the rebel forces and soon leaking this information to the Queen’s informants. They further left more incriminating evidence by sneaking in Allick’s master’s home and leading more information that he was a part of the rebel forces and had been training Allick and the other students to one day take up a sword against the queen by tricking her to enter their compound with a small garrison of solders.

One could only imagine the sparks these believable lies confounded.

Enraged, the Queen had Allick’s adopted father hung, his manor ransacked of all valuables and burned to the ground and his business fully compensated. Allick’s master was left to interrogation. There was a belief that he had some information with the rebel forces so he was victimized and tortured, never saying a word, always telling them that he was faithful that this was a mistake. Unfortunately that man inevitably died in the dungeons. Allick’s fellow ’brothers’ and ’sisters’ were taken and added to the experimentations of the Queen’s magical followers; along with Allick being the last on the list.

Allick didn’t put up much of a fight, many of his fellow comrades did, but he didn’t offer any resistance. Even when confronted on the possibility of treachery, given the chance of being ‘spared,’ if he told were the rebels were hiding, he merely shook his head and answered that he was no traitor. “Why would I betray the one I wish to make my woman?” He never expected things to end that way, being ignored, being bound for a dark ritual to come. He wasn’t sure what hurt the worst; not being believed, not able to tell the Queen how much he respected and loved her, or the blade ending his life.

Something happened during that ritual though, it could have been the late possibility of one of the Queen’s informants barging in in hopes of stopping the unholy ritual. Although that much was too late and to save themselves to not end up on a similar table and strapped down for their impudence, they apologetically told her that they found later proof that Allick’s master was innocent along with the rest of the currently deceased, falsely accused ‘rebels.’ That they were deceived by a rivalry feud.

While the best solution to handle the situation was debated over, Allick’s corpse underwent a change in pigment. His spirit was returning to his lifeless form and shockingly enough the man came back to life. Although, he couldn’t be considered as ’human,’ any longer; he had done lost the luster of his green eyes. There was nothing but a deep crimson about them, even his tanned flesh took a greenish hue. There were other changes of his body from the twisting from dark magic, some may expect a demon might as well possessed the host and violated it as such, making his teeth sharper along with manipulating other proportions of his body; whiles others may argue that it could be the entity of a higher plane being.

The informant advised the Queen to kill the monstrosity, but she ignored it. Maybe there was some intrigue to the dead coming back to life. Perhaps she was feeling confident enough of her own abilities as well if hostilities came. Though they didn’t when Allick was unbound, questioned of his loyalty. His manner of speech was mostly broken, vague then as it is today. Though actions spoke better than words and she had one task for him to initiate him as a guardian.

The rival school, well a lesson had to be made on them. She boldly called them out in their false claims and gave them an easy option. She would ‘let them get away with it’ only if they defeated her new ‘pet.’ There would be no interference either from her or her guards that accompanied her that day. If they did win, they would have to leave the city and they would be unmolested in doing so as well. The options appeared more in their favor, they even thought her as blatantly insane to throw something as random as that at them. Not to mentioned a cloaked and lone individual.

The cruelty of reality was farther from the truth of what they had expected or assumed to be up against. The first rival student was disemboweled in one fluent movement from the shrouded advisory. Only shock silence fell from the remaining students and their master when they found their comrade laying in half on the ground and blood dropping out from the clothing of the deceased pupil. It all had happened in a flash, but for those that watched closely, the inhumane being had swiped his curved blades through his victim’s torso to give him ample time to lower and shroud them in his clothing before the body hit the sandy floor.

From there it was a complete bloodbath and the more his destined enemies fell, the further he grew intoxicated by bloodlust. His adrenaline went haywire that day; and he suffered many wounds along his body, but none of them stopped him. Thankfully the only thing he lost in that bout was his cloak, having flung it into an opponent to stall their interference from him hacking apart another’s limbs. What he did to the leader was far more gruesome than the bodies of the students. It was enough to even sicken several of the soldiers there. The phantom of ‘Allick’ skewered the mastermind of the plot, just enough to keep him alive, before proceeding in eating his destined prey before the Queen and her warriors.

From then on the Queen gave him a new name and made him her personal pet. There were a few that spoke against this, but those that did later vanished from the Queen’s unit. Gorgrim had proven his skill so far and his loyalty is unquestionable towards the Queen. Live and serve, he doesn’t question his duties nor is he one to hesitate in stepping out on the battlefield when it comes to uprooting other rebels. Gorgrim has killed many that the Queen has directly told him to and boldly enough he has even ignored commands of doing similar from other rank individuals. There is only one voice he follows and that is the Ice Queen.

Strengths:
Meelee Prowness: In his former life he was a formidable adversely in both unarmed combat and dual wielding.
Acrobatics: Allick was always a natural acrobatic, in his younger years he was that kid playing out in the wilderness like a wild beast. His time spent in the arena only increased his acrobatics skill. His fighting style heavily relies on the use of various rolls, flips, and also turning the environment(or his opponents) into his playfield.
Throwing:  A later trait that he picked up in his former life, Allick has a tendency to heave a melee weapon into the body of an opponent with deadly accuracy and proficiency.
Spiritual Aptitude: In his new life, Gorgrim can detect things and people holding a hint of magic about them. Therefore simple illusions are wasted on him and more importantly should the Queen ever desire magical items or individuals to be in her possession, he is usually the first sent on the errand.
Bloodlust: Gorgrim feeds off of it, in the heat of battle he forgoes his feeling of pain, fear, and mercy. For him, it is a severe adrenaline rush, his strength, speed, and reflexes are greatly heightened.  He completely indulges his beastly side and what survivors that may flee the scene will easily recall the horrors of the Queen’s monstrosity.
Weaknesses:
Beserker: Gorgrim is generally sent alone to quell small rebel forces. No one knows what twisted him so, but on the battlefield he becomes a beast unable to distinguish friend from foe once a large amount of blood is shed.  Not to mention he becomes very brutal and extreme in his killings.
Broken Language: His manner of speech and understanding isn’t perfect. He only retains vague memories in his past life and he does have minor knowledge of the meanings to certain things now.
Queen Devote: (If this can be consider a weakness) Gorgrim will outright attack anyone who blasphemous speaks of the Queen or anyone who as blatantly considers themselves to be the Queen. With that in mind, he won’t take orders from anyone other than her, not even the Orc Chieftain nor the Ice King has any control over him.
Past Name: He doesn’t like the mentioning of Allick Silverstar and if someone were to confront him with this identity, he might assault them in anger.
Lack of Armor: A small difference from arena life and his new life, although Gorgrim doesn’t limit his body movements with armor. This is both a good and bad thing, the plus side to it is the fact he can easily and freely move and doesn’t have to deal with the limitations upon his body(more flashy acrobatic movements,) the bad of course is that he is practically defenseless.

Vaulera

Beware members of this RP. Darksouls 2 hits midnight tonight. We may never see darkmoon ever again. Or me for that matter, actually.

Shjade

Well. That'd kinda suck.

I played Dark Souls to death, but I didn't actually buy it until it went on sale on Steam. That's my current plan for DS2 as well.
◕/◕'s