MAID interest check! [Open to new players, but game has started]

Started by Blythe, November 14, 2013, 05:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

So I finally got into the rpg MAID. This is just a tentative interest check to see who might be interested!

A few things to note:
* The game is friendly to LGBTQA characters! (and pansexual, demisexual, sapiosexual, etc!. And yes, of course, heterosexual characters!)
* It will be at least a month before I start this game. This means this RP is going to begin sometime in December, probably around the middle or end of the month then
* This is a system game. You will need a copy of the MAID rulebook to play, most likely, or will at least need to be familiar with the rules (or very willing to learn!).
* I will be RPing as the Master of the household.
* The game will use the rules variant that allows a butler character! You will need to get my approval before playing as a butler.
* The setting will be modern and have sci-fi/fantasy elements.
* This will be very sandbox-y--but sometimes I will have the Master offer an optional task or mission, so stats will still be important!
* I'm pretty sure I'd like to set this in NC-Exotic, although I'm open to suggestions about where else to put it.  :-)
* While I love people randomly rolling their characters, I'm not making that a requirement. There will be a basic CS I'll put up, if there's enough interest over the next month, that all of you can work with!
* I will allow each player to have up to 2 characters.

This is just the basics; I'll elaborate on other information after about a month or so. If you have questions or suggestions, post them here!

If you're interested, post in this thread! I'll keep a running list in the second post, along with where setting information will go when I have it done.

EDIT: I'd welcome those interested to share their input as to what type of pace they'd like to see in the RP, how fast or slow you think it should optimally be!

Link to our OOC!

Link to a thread for Character Sheets!

~Blythe

Blythe

List of interested players:
Yugishogun
persephone325
Jr
Zaer Darkwail
Sessha
ShadowFox89
Mysterica
catherinehellfire
kylie
Faeli
Jemady Angel
frost rose
MCsc

Setting Info: The setting will be in Japan, as no one objected to it. The city will be in Sapporo, which is in the Hokkaido Prefecture. It is the capital of that prefecture, and located on the actual island called Hokkaido.

And don't worry, no one needs to be an expert on the setting; I'm just putting it down and some flavor about it to give the RP a better tone. Mostly events will revolve around the going-ons in the MAID Mansion.  :-)

Sapporo Setting Info
FAQ about Sapporo--this information is good flavor for the RP:
* It's home to the Sapporo Breweries Limited, and they make a world-famous beer.  ;D
* Sapporo hosted the 1972 Winter Olympics, the first ever held in Asia.
* Sapporo has a Yuki Matsuri, an annual Snow Festival, which is very popular with tourists. It's held for seven days in February; Odori Park, Susukino, and Tsudome are the main sites of the festival! An International Snow Sculpture Contest has been held at the Odori Park site since 1974.
* They have famous white chocolate biscuits called shiroi koibito. It's also the birthplace of miso ramen, and it's known as Sapporo Ramen more often than not. They also have a lamb barbecue dish called jingisukan. It's known for Haskup, a type of edible honeysuckle similar to blueberries. Sapporo is also known fresh seafood such as sea urchin, salmon, and crab!
* The Sapporo Concert Hall Kitara is the main musical venue in Sapporo, located in Nakajima Park in Chuo-ku. It is home to the Sapporo Symphony Orchestra!
* Sapporo is home to the Sapporo Clock Tower (Sapporo Tokeigai), a popular tourist attraction. It's a clocktower built with Western architecture, and it's a popular tourist spot.
* It's home to Hokkaido University, which is north of Sapporo Station. It's one of the top seven universities in Japan, one of the National Seven Universities, which were established as the best national higher education or research institutes!

Typical Climate of Sapporo:
Sapporo has a humid continental climate, and there is a wide range in temps between summer and winter. Summers are generally warm but not humid, and winters very cold and rather snowy. It is one of the few metropolises with a heavy enough snowfall to warrant it's own snow festival.

This RP will start during the Winter in December.

The Mansion
The MAID Mansion:

Map and room notes: Persephone325 (playing Yumi) and kylie will share a room, barring any changes.

As you can see, there might not quite be enough bedrooms for everyone! Someone may share the room with the master of the house (this will be upon my approval only), or some maids can choose to have a room-mate! However, the Butler and the Head Maid are permitted their own rooms and do not have to share; the privileges of their station permit this luxury.

Please let me know which room on the map you would like, and I will edit the map to contain your character's name in their room of choice!

Mansion special qualities....
35 Canopied Bed: [Perfect for those moody nights. Maids and head maids get a bonus of +1 to die rolls for actions relating to this bed.]
55 Secret Passages: [The mansion is full of secret passages. Roll on the mansion’s encounter table to find out who you run into.]

The Mistress of the House

The Mistress:
Yamada Shiori

You'll have to imagine the glasses!

Type: Recluse
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Master Special Qualities:
24: Glasses
16: OCD

Master Power Source:
7: Assets [It is the fortune you’ve amassed that gives you your power.]
5: Blood Ties [Regardless of what real power you might have, your heritage demands special treatment.]

Stress Explosion:
[45] Rampage

Favored Maid Type:
Sexy

Attributes:
Athletics 3
Affection 1
Skill 1
Cunning 2
Luck 0
Will 2
Spirit 20

AurelieCatena

Any idea where the rule book could be found?

Blythe

The official website with the pdf is here! The pdf is surprisingly affordable.  :-)

Yukina

Yay, another maid game. I'd love to play. :)

Blythe

Cool--got you added, yugi!  :-)

Yukina

persephone325

I'm tentatively interested. I've seen RPs of this before, but none of them seemed to get off the ground.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

I'll go ahead add you, persephone.

I'd really like to have this be a consistent long-term group, if possible, if there's enough interest. Having the month to get info organized and see which players stay interested is something I'm hoping will ensure I have good long-term players.

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on November 14, 2013, 06:17:36 PM
I'll go ahead add you, persephone.

I'd really like to have this be a consistent long-term group, if possible, if there's enough interest. Having the month to get info organized and see which players stay interested is something I'm hoping will ensure I have good long-term players.

Sounds like a good way to go about it! ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Jr

Experienced MAID player/GM here. I'd love to roll a butler if this gets off the ground.

Blythe

Awesome--I'll add you to the list.  ;D

Yukina

Here's a nice character generation link that was from a previous maid game I had been in.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html

persephone325

"You're the master's lover."

...I'm totally OK with this. :P Haha! XD
I don't know.

Yukina

My character. :)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name/Age/Race: Hanako Sasahara/18/Angel
Dress Color: Orange
Hair Color: Orange
Eye Color: Gray
Maid types: Lolita & Pure
Athletics: 0
Affection: 4
Skill: 3
Cunning: 1
Luck: 4
Will: 2
Special Qualities: Albino, Angel
Maid Roots: Debts
Stress Explosion: Sleep
Maid Weapon: Katana
Maid Power: World for Two
Favor: 8
Spirit: 20

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest......I would like to be the butler. So what is involved?

Blythe

MAID is pretty much a game of cute anime maids serving a master of the house, going on interesting adventures, or getting up to hijinks. This particular game will be pretty light and mostly player-driven (sandbox), unless those interested prefer otherwise. It's very much a game inclined to adventure, humor, and sometimes romance.

As what's involved for being the butler, butlers function a little differently than maids.

Butler info!

Advantages
*Butlers have to wear suits, but unlike maids, they don't get penalties for removing that uniform.
*They're usually male (in this game, I'm not requiring it, though) and get a different character creation table.
*They're typically stronger and get access to special butler powers!

Disadvantages
*Butlers don't have Stress Explosions like maids. They have to use Favor to reduce their stress as a result.
*Butlers can't use Favor to create random events like maids; they want order, not chaos.
*Butlers instantly lose in combat versus maids and masters unless they are ordered into combat. However, they can use seduction rules normally!
*They can't remove Stress naturally over time; they have to spend Favor to lower it.
*Butlers can choose to reduce an attribute at a special cost to gain Favor.

All in all, butlers are pretty fun to play as; they're usually a stabilizing force in the master's household.

I'll add you to the list, Zaer!

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 15, 2013, 03:24:28 AM
My character. :)

Dress Color: Orange
Hair Color: Orange
Eye Color: Gray
Special Qualities: Albino, Angel

Very nice, Yugi! Since the game won't start for quite some time, remember that if you change your mind about what type of maid you want to run, you always have that option.  :-)

Sessha

Hmm what the heck this should be fun so I'll throw my hat in on this.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Blythe

Awesome--I'll add you to the list, Sessha!

Sessha

No problem. Though I have a big delema in front of me now.  :-) Gender!  >:) >:) >:)

Jr

Name/Age/Race: Daigo/30/Japanese
Suit Color: Dark Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Red
Butler Types: Shadow Veteran
Athletics: 8
Affection: 5
Skill: 1
Cunning: 4

Luck: 1
Will: 5
Special Qualities: Former Mercenary, Muscular
Butler Roots: Hatred
Butler Weapons: Katana & Rifle
Butler Powers: Lock Picking & Invincible
Favor: 10
Spirit: 50

After spending his high school years as a delinquent, Daigo left Japan to join a private military company that operated mainly in the middle east. His teammates, mostly from anglophone countries, often made fun of him either for his poor English or any number of comical stereotypes their cultures had toward Japanese people. The teasing stopped when one of them saw Daigo sneak up on a man and snap his neck in a way that should only work in movies. After taking a shrapnel wound that ended his military career and still leaves him with a slight limp, the war-weary man found his way back to his native land. He found employment with the Yamada family, having recognized them as the owners of a corporation that frequently contracted the company to protect their business interests. His experience with rigid command structure and martial skill rendered him a good candidate for butler and personal bodyguard.

Blythe

Quote from: Sessha on November 15, 2013, 09:06:01 PM
No problem. Though I have a big delema in front of me now.  :-) Gender!  >:) >:) >:)

I'm still debating whether I want to run a male master of the house or a female master!

Quote from: Jr on November 15, 2013, 09:51:58 PM
Time for butler generation.

Name/Age/Race: To be decided when I know more about the master/setting.
Suit Color: Dark Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Red
Butler Types: Shadow Veteran
Athletics: 8
Affection: 5

Will: 5
Special Qualities: Former Mercenary, Muscular
Butler Roots: Hatred
Butler Weapons: Katana & Rifle
Butler Powers: Lock Picking & Invincible
Spirit: 50

Looks like I made a regular badass.

Holy moly, look at that Athletics score!  :o

Jr

Quote from: Blythe on November 15, 2013, 09:55:01 PM
Holy moly, look at that Athletics score!  :o
Both of my types went into it.

Sessha

Well I'm debating on weather to do Maid or Butler and if I wanna play a herm character or since you opened it up to LGTB catagory I'm considering playing a shemale character.

Blythe

There are two people interested in the butler role already; I'm not saying it's out as an option, but I'm just saying that I'd really prefer to only take one butler character for this, as they are both powerful and yet limited in play.

But yes, characters that don't fall firmly into a binary "male" or "female" category are definitely most welcome.  ;D

ShadowFox89

Ohhh, I'd be interested. Should I do my rolls now? :D
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mysterica

Count me in!  I would love to join in.  I've been dying for a MAID game to take off, so here goes another shot.

Blythe

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 15, 2013, 11:29:16 PM
Ohhh, I'd be interested. Should I do my rolls now? :D

You can roll if you like--it'll be a while before this starts, so if you do not like what you roll, you can always re-roll!  ;D I'll add you!

Quote from: Mysterica on November 15, 2013, 11:49:55 PM
Count me in!  I would love to join in.  I've been dying for a MAID game to take off, so here goes another shot.

Awesome--let me add you as well!

Mysterica

Sounds great.  Time to break out the D6s.

Yukina

I love how maid rpg is simple, yet wonderful at the same time. :)

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sessha

Quote from: Blythe on November 15, 2013, 10:52:41 PM
There are two people interested in the butler role already; I'm not saying it's out as an option, but I'm just saying that I'd really prefer to only take one butler character for this, as they are both powerful and yet limited in play.

But yes, characters that don't fall firmly into a binary "male" or "female" category are definitely most welcome.  ;D

Well in that case I shall play a maid. Now to decide if I want to play herm or shemale.

Blythe

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 16, 2013, 12:15:02 AM

There's this too. How many special qualities?

Not sure yet; I honestly didn't expect this level of interest so quickly. I'll get back to you on that in a day or two! O_O

Zaer Darkwail

Jr got ahead of me and his butler is honestly badass so I leave him to be one :).

However, considering we have shemale as a maid....would a androgynous male maid work? Basically a guy who looks a lot like slim woman (and it would be secret in start of the game he is a male).

Yukina

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 16, 2013, 07:42:11 AM
Jr got ahead of me and his butler is honestly badass so I leave him to be one :).

However, considering we have shemale as a maid....would a androgynous male maid work? Basically a guy who looks a lot like slim woman (and it would be secret in start of the game he is a male).

There is the trap special quality, so that's possible.

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, then I pick that special quality then :D

Mysterica

I'll put my trust in the RNG once I get home from work and see what he/she/it has in store for me.

Blythe

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 16, 2013, 12:15:02 AM

There's this too. How many special qualities?

We'll go with each person rolling a d6 to determine how many special qualities. If you don't want to leave it up to chance, you get three.

If you roll up special qualities randomly and get some that don't seem to go well together, I'm going to leave it at player discretion to remove them (and re-roll, if you wish). Just let me know if you're changing anything if you've already posted a sheet!

Quote from: vin26m on November 16, 2013, 02:06:34 PM
I can't commit to playing this game, but I ran a Maid RPG for a bit a while ago.  Maybe these links will be helpful or inspirational...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173767.0
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173848.0
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=175041.0

Other Maid RPG game stuff...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=140807.0

And some other general maid-related stuff...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=150556.0
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=150984.0

Thanks for the resources; I'll check that stuff out!  ;D

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 16, 2013, 07:42:11 AM

This would work just fine; as Yugi said, secretly being male is a special quality.

Quote from: Mysterica on November 16, 2013, 01:36:32 PM
I'll put my trust in the RNG once I get home from work and see what he/she/it has in store for me.

Cool; it'll be neat to see what you come up with, Mysterica!

persephone325

What happens if you roll a 6? lol Do you get an extra one? Cause I just rolled a 6. Haha.
I don't know.

Blythe

Quote from: persephone325 on November 16, 2013, 10:34:01 PM
What happens if you roll a 6? lol Do you get an extra one? Cause I just rolled a 6. Haha.

Damn, six is a lot, but a six is a six. Lucky you?

If you want to hand-select those rather than roll them randomly, I'd understand. With six, it's going to be hard to get qualities that mesh well together without doing some re-rolling. O_O

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on November 16, 2013, 10:36:34 PM
Damn, six is a lot, but a six is a six. Lucky you?

If you want to hand-select those rather than roll them randomly, I'd understand. With six, it's going to be hard to get qualities that mesh well together without doing some re-rolling. O_O

OK. If I can't find some that fit together well, could I possibly use less?
I don't know.

Blythe

Quote from: persephone325 on November 16, 2013, 10:55:17 PM
OK. If I can't find some that fit together well, could I possibly use less?

Sure!  :-) You can take a couple off if you can't find six that work well together.

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on November 16, 2013, 10:57:53 PM
Sure!  :-) You can take a couple off if you can't find six that work well together.

Alrighty! ^^ *goes off ability hunting*
I don't know.

Yukina

I'll be finding another quality then.

Mysterica

Well wait no longer.  I shall now introduce, Shizuka.

Name:               Shizuka
Attributes
Athletics:      1
Affection:      0
Skill:         3
Cunning:      3
Luck:         2
Will:         2
Types
Sexy
Cool
Colors
Uniform:      Black
Hair:         Black
Eyes:         Blue
Special Qualities
Princess
Miniskirt
Succubus
Amnesiac
Maid Roots:      Admirer of Maids
Stress Explosion:   Stealing
Maid Weapon:      Pole Arm
Maid Power:      Coercion

catherinehellfire

If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Blythe

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 16, 2013, 11:04:00 PM
I'll be finding another quality then.

If you don't want to, you don't need to; if you like what you rolled up, stick to it.  ;D

Quote from: Mysterica on November 16, 2013, 11:04:58 PM
Well wait no longer.  I shall now introduce, Shizuka.

Attributes
Athletics:      1
Affection:      0
Skill:         3
Cunning:      3
Luck:         2
Will:         2
Types
Sexy
Cool
Colors
Uniform:      Black
Hair:         Black
Eyes:         Blue
Special Qualities
Princess
Miniskirt
Succubus
Amnesiac
Maid Roots:      Admirer of Maids
Stress Explosion:   Stealing
Maid Weapon:      Pole Arm
Maid Power:      Coercion

Stats look good! Can I ask where you found the picture? ^^

Quote from: catherinehellfire on November 16, 2013, 11:10:23 PM
I'm definitely interested

Sweet--I'll put you down on the list!

persephone325

Oh, um. Maybe I missed it, but what do you plan on having the pace of the game be?
I don't know.

Yukina

I'm currently deciding between blind and yuri doujin artist.

Blythe

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 16, 2013, 11:20:13 PM
I'm currently deciding between blind and yuri doujin artist.

Ooh, both of those are good. I like the second a bit better, but that's just me. ^^

Quote from: persephone325 on November 16, 2013, 11:16:03 PM
Oh, um. Maybe I missed it, but what do you plan on having the pace of the game be?

I haven't said yet, so no worries, you didn't miss anything. I'm honestly not sure, since I didn't think this would garner the level of interest it did so quickly (my mind is a bit boggled that eight people are already interested!). I'd initially intended to see how many people were interested before deciding on the pace, so I could set something the majority would like.

But...since we're already at eight, I'd welcome those interested to share their input as to what type of pace they'd like to see in the RP.

But everyone, keep in mind that this still isn't going to start for a while. We've got time to get details and preferences hammered out.

Mysterica

Just good old Google.  I didn't roll random colors to be honest though.  I rolled the character, just to make sure whether or not I would have a symbol, or a uniform specific, then a Google image search came up with her.

But Animecharactersdatabase.com is a good spot to look for pictures if a search engine fails. 

Yukina

I think I'll pick yuri artist then. It's a secret that others could easily blackmail her with,

Mysterica

And a bargaining chip for Shizuka.  She'll be far too regular a customer.

catherinehellfire

Name: Catherine
Athletics:1
Affection:5
Skill:2
Cunning:1
Luck:2
Will:3
Types:
Sexy
Lolita
Uniform:Cream
Hair: Golden blonde
Eyes: Sky blue
Special Qualities:
Overactive Imagination
Miniskirt
Nekomimi
Maid Roots: Orphan
Stress Explosion: Crying
Maid Weapon: Claws
Maid Power: Maiden's Tears

Couldn't find the right uniform color or eye color but this is basically what she'd look like.
http://s253.photobucket.com/user/RHE2007/media/Anime%20Girls/C3P1ThePrankstersCollar.gif.html

Blythe

Stats look okay, catherine!

For those providing anime pictures, though, please tell me the age of the character presented in the picture. I'm not good at discerning the ages of anime images, so an age on there would help me a lot.

catherinehellfire

Well she is of age with the Elliquiy website.  She is probably, based off of many anime's I've seen she could be from 16 to 19 years old, but the anime I watch can be pretty weird.  Heck in one a 30 year old looks like a 12 year old due to a curse but it is hard to determine the age of anime girls sometimes.

Mysterica

catherinehellfire

Yukina

Quote from: Mysterica on November 16, 2013, 11:34:50 PM
And a bargaining chip for Shizuka.  She'll be far too regular a customer.

Wonderful. :)

Blythe

Sessha

I hope no one has a problem if I play a slightly older maid?

Blythe

Sessha, if you're interested in playing a slightly older maid, would you be interested in a rules variant called the "Head Maid"? If you haven't heard of this character type, I'd be happy to elaborate. A Head Maid would probably work closely with the Master and the Butler. ^^

Sessha

Hmm. A transgender or Herm headmaid? That could be interesting. >:) >:) >:) Sure why not.

catherinehellfire

so how many people do we plan on having?

Blythe

Quote from: catherinehellfire on November 18, 2013, 12:01:17 AM
so how many people do we plan on having?

The second post of the thread shows how many are currently interested, which is a rough estimate of how many we have right now!

Quote from: Sessha on November 17, 2013, 03:14:50 PM
Hmm. A transgender or Herm headmaid? That could be interesting. >:) >:) >:) Sure why not.

Awesome! If you need Head Maid info, just let me know.

Okay, in the next week or so, I will put up some setting information. I am tentatively going to set this in Japan. (I can move this location if players dislike it, no problem!)

Remember, the genre is modern with some fantasy and sci-fi tossed in, but ultimately a modern setting. If any of you have suggestions for things you'd like to see in the setting (rooms you want included in the MAID mansion, places that you can visit, etc.), just mention it here, and I'll try to include it!

Also, if you have any suggestions for traits you'd like to see in the Master of the house (gender, appearance, etc.), feel free to mention those as well!

Yukina

It'd be interesting to have the master be a female or a futa, though any gender is fine with me.

Mysterica

Doesn't really matter to me much, though I should mention that I personally am only interested in other female characters.  Just a heads up.  Fairly fitting as I would wind up stealing a man's soul were I to sleep with one of them.  It's all for the greater good of the household.   O:)

catherinehellfire

Female or futa sounds good to me

Sessha

Yeah Blyth if you could send me the stuff on being the head maid that would be awesome.

ShadowFox89

Attributes: 2d6 x 6

Type and Color
At 2013-11-19 20:43:23, ShadowFox89 (uid: 26413) rolls: 2d6 Result: 9
Cool and Boyish, +1 skill +athletics, -1 affection, -1 skill
At 2013-11-19 20:49:40, ShadowFox89 (uid: 26413) rolls: 6d6 Result: 20
5, 3, 1, 5, 2, 4
That's Beige, brown, and sky.... not the most brilliant of colors.

Qualities
At 2013-11-19 20:51:46, ShadowFox89 (uid: 26413) rolls: 1d6 Result: 6
2013-11-19 20:52:22   At 2013-11-19 20:52:22, ShadowFox89 (uid: 26413) rolls: 6d6 Result: 23
4, 5, 5, 1, 4, 4
45, 51, 44
At 2013-11-19 20:53:18, ShadowFox89 (uid: 26413) rolls: 6d6 Result: 26At 2013-11-19 21:00:47, ShadowFox89 (uid: 26413) rolls: 5d6 Result: 15
4, 6, 3, 1, 6, 6
46, 31, 66
(2, 2, 2, 5, 4)
Total: 31, 44 (2), 45 (2), 46 (2), 51 (5), 66 (4)

Elf ears, Accent (British), Hairstyle (dumplings), Accessory (ribbon), Perversion (likes 'em young, 16-17), Absurd (Magical Girl)

Roots, Explosion, Weapon
At 2013-11-19 21:15:30, ShadowFox89 (uid: 26413) rolls: 6d6 Result: 16
1, 6, 3, 1, 1, 4
16, 31, 14
Mistress xD
Mischief
Frying Pan
Call me Shadow
My A/A

catherinehellfire

hey I'm thinking that if someone has a perversion that I could change my age to 17

ShadowFox89

I think I'm going to end up rerolling most of the stuff >.>

Might keep the perversion and magical girl though :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

catherinehellfire

okay,  well when you decide on the perversion thing tell me so I know if I'm going to change the age or not.

kylie

Tentatively interested.  I've also seen a few of these fizzle, and I'm probably looking for something more moderate on the "silly/frilly to super demanding" scale.   To be fully honest, I have some other pickiness when it comes to stuff lifted willy-nilly from Japanese culture, but it might sound pesky to list it all here.  I'll just see what people do.

Pacing wise, I don't like a lot of rapid-fire short posts for new content; I'd rather have a soft minimum of more like 2-3 times a week in principle.  Of course with a system game there will be more mechanics notes flying around, but that's another matter. 

Here's what I have so far.  I've yet to find an image that just does it, so the race and color scheme may be tweaked...

Name/Age/Race: TBD.
Unif Color: White (possibly with pink or red)
Hair Color: Pink (or silvery, or red) ?
Eye Color: really TBD

Maid Type: Sexy, cool. (Omg I rolled something I like.  Yay.)

Athletics: 2
Affection: 2
Skill: 4
Luck: 3
Will: 1
Special Qualities: Elf ears, glasses, easy-going, dark history: amnesia.
Roots: family debt

Weapons: kitchen knives
Powers:  4-dimensional dress, call any object from the mansion into her uniform.
     (If this is okay, GM will need to figure out how reliably or how often it works. 
      I originally rolled Lock Picking, but that makes more sense for the butler and I didn't want to duplicate one that's already in play.
)

Favor: 4
Spirit: 10

persephone325

Quote from: kylie on November 20, 2013, 02:41:11 AM
         Tentatively interested.  I've also seen a few of these fizzle, and I'm probably looking for something more moderate on the "silly/frilly to super demanding" scale.   To be fully honest, I have some other pickiness when it comes to stuff lifted willy-nilly from Japanese culture, but it might sound pesky to list it all here.  I'll just see what people do.

Pacing wise, I don't like a lot of rapid-fire short posts for new content; I'd rather have a soft minimum of more like 2-3 times a week in principle.  Of course with a system game there will be more mechanics notes flying around, but that's another matter. 

Here's what I have so far.  I've yet to find an image that just does it, so the race and color scheme may be tweaked...

Powers:  4-dimensional dress, call any object from the mansion into her uniform.
     (If this is okay, GM will need to figure out how reliably or how often it works. 
      I originally rolled Lock Picking, but that makes more sense for the butler and I didn't want to duplicate one that's already in play.
)

Kylie?? <3 Yay!

* persephone325 scrambles to get her character sheet done
I don't know.

kylie

Quote from: persephone325 on November 20, 2013, 02:57:28 AM
Kylie?? <3 Yay!

* persephone325 scrambles to get her character sheet done
Giggles and hugs.  Hey.  I saw you poking around here !   :-*

persephone325

Quote from: kylie on November 20, 2013, 04:10:34 AM
          Giggles and hugs.  Hey.  I saw you poking around here !   :-*

<3 Haha! *hugs* I'm excited to do a group game with you! I gotta get to work on my CS! Eep! :-*
I don't know.

Blythe

Quote from: kylie on November 20, 2013, 02:41:11 AM

)

We're not really shooting for a "demanding" game, since MAID is pretty much designed for light humor, action, and romance; MAID wouldn't be fun if I imposed a ton of demanding/serious things in it. It's meant to be light-hearted and a little goofy.

And you bring up a good point about potential posting minimums; I'm not sure what I want about that yet, but I was thinking twice a week. I'm not going to impose a minimum word count or length, though, because 1) I've seen it firsthand kill system games and 2) That makes it a lot easier to do two posts a week. (Now, those minimums are NOT set in stone; if other players want to chime in here, we can discuss changing it)

I'll put you down as interested, kylie; if you change your mind, let me know!

Quote from: Sessha on November 19, 2013, 08:19:44 PM
Yeah Blyth if you could send me the stuff on being the head maid that would be awesome.

I'll get that sent in the next day or so, or I'll post it here in the OOC!

ShadowFox89: If you want to reroll, you're welcome to do so. I...can see why you might not like what you have.

Sessha

Thank you Blyth. I've got most of her down but pinning an image is ALWAYS the hardest.

Zaer Darkwail

Argh, been lazy! I will work CS once I get home and get watch from my file maid rules so can make the rolls. But I think I go with following pic for my maid (not planning to roll hair and eye color to avoid the fuzzle to search proper pic);

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gvnI3hM9E1k/UTjzZKSrlLI/AAAAAAAAAUk/X7Cmz6vM1zo/s1600/Ayuzawa+Misaki.jpg

Zaer Darkwail

Joyce Miyaguchi
Athletics: 3
Affection: 3
Cunning: 2
Will: 4
Types: Heroine, Boyish
Uniform: White&Black (not rolled, just go with pic)
Hair: Brunette (not rolled, just go with pic)
Eyes: Golden brown (not rolled, just go with pic)
3 Special Qualities: Actually a Guy (was not rolled), Membership: Cult (62+3), Trauma:Abusive Parents (56+6)
Maid Roots: Self-Punishment (34)
Stress Explosion: Teasing (25)
Maid Weapon: Chainsaw (35)
Maid Power: Hard Work (5)
Favor: 6
Spirit: 40

Hmmm, so overall a low skilled maid who is probably one most hard working maids in the mansion. No idea what cult she/he is from or is she/he founder/leader, but maid origin wise he has placed himself as maid as form of self-punishment. So need pondering on her background a bit....I am open to ideas. I lol'ed when boyish came as one trait and rofled when chainsaw came as maid weapon.

persephone325

Are there any other threads for this that I may have missed? OOC thread, character thread, etc.
I don't know.

Sessha

Blythe

Quote from: persephone325 on November 22, 2013, 01:00:02 AM
Are there any other threads for this that I may have missed? OOC thread, character thread, etc.

None yet, as the game isn't starting still for a while.

Also, going to be delayed a day or two on updating info for this. Storms have come through my area, and my internet is dicey at best.

Sessha

No worries Blyth. By the way I got the stuff for playing a Head Maid from the core book itself.

catherinehellfire

O_O I hope this roleplay gets off the ground :)

Blythe

Still working on getting -some setting information done-don't worry; I haven't forgotten this! RL just caught up to me for a bit the past couple of days, but I'm back to working on this.

Blythe

The beginning of info is slowly going up! (It's available in the second post of this thread!) A map of the mansion is also up; remember to select a room, and I will edit the map to label your character's room! (Read about the amount of rooms first!)

I will also have Master statistics done tonight (I will make a female master, as that seems to be the best way to go)!

If players feel that this small amount of setting info is enough (don't worry; I'll have much more forthcoming about the mansion), and after I finish working on the master, let me know, and I will create an OOC and a character sheet thread.

I'd also like to add a small apology for the delays and for not getting as much info up as I would have liked, but it's still a WIP, so bear with me.  :-)

persephone325

If Kylie is going to be part of this, I wouldn't mind sharing a room with xir character. ^^
I don't know.

catherinehellfire

I'd like the servant's room nearest ti the door that leads to the hallway

persephone325

I like the bedroom all the way at the top right. Or are maids limited to the servant's quarters?
I don't know.

Faeli

I assume this is full up?  I thought so awhile ago, but sheets are still being posted, so now I'm confused!

Yukina

I'd like the servant's room below catherine's choice on the map.

Blythe

Quote from: Faeli on November 27, 2013, 02:41:16 AM
I assume this is full up?  I thought so awhile ago, but sheets are still being posted, so now I'm confused!

This is still recruiting, actually! I should really edit the title to show that. T_T

Quote from: catherinehellfire on November 27, 2013, 02:23:13 AM
I'd like the servant's room nearest ti the door that leads to the hallway

The one at the very top of the column of servant's rooms?

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 27, 2013, 02:46:44 AM
I'd like the servant's room below catherine's choice on the map.

Gotcha!

catherinehellfire

Yep, the one at the top of the servant's rooms column

Faeli

Quote from: Blythe on November 27, 2013, 03:09:19 AM
This is still recruiting, actually! I should really edit the title to show that. T_T

Well awesomes.

I am getting my hands on the rules... and I need to figure out rolls... but definitely interested :)

Blythe

Mistress is finished! (Pending any edits or anything I forgot of course; it's past 3 a.m. for me as I work on this, so I could have conceivably forgotten things)

Also, Catherine, I'm assuming your character is named Catherine?

But anyway, rooms noted for yours and Yugishogun's characters!

Quote from: Faeli on November 27, 2013, 03:25:01 AM
Well awesomes.

I am getting my hands on the rules... and I need to figure out rolls... but definitely interested :)

Wonderful--I'll add you to the list! ^^

Blythe

Also, derp, should have mentioned the map now shows which rooms are claimed. If there's a mistake, let me know, and a few quick seconds in photoshop can fix that! ^^

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on November 27, 2013, 03:30:46 AM
Also, derp, should have mentioned the map now shows which rooms are claimed. If there's a mistake, let me know, and a few quick seconds in photoshop can fix that! ^^

Don't forget about me! I think my character's name will be Yumi. And I'll probably be sharing with Kylie's character. ^^
I don't know.

Blythe

Quote from: persephone325 on November 27, 2013, 03:37:03 AM
Don't forget about me! I think my character's name will be Yumi. And I'll probably be sharing with Kylie's character. ^^

I'll make a note under the map that Yumi will be sharing with kylie's character (if kylie is amendable, of course); I'll edit the map if you both have a choice of room agreed upon.  :-)

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on November 27, 2013, 03:44:59 AM
I'll make a note under the map that Yumi will be sharing with kylie's character (if kylie is amendable, of course); I'll edit the map if you both have a choice of room agreed upon.  :-)

No problem. :-)
I don't know.

Faeli

I am learning stuff!

So, links to all my cute rolls since I went ahead and went TOTALLY RANDOM! 

Name:  Sayoko Eri
Skill: 0
Luck: 2
Will: 3
Types: Pure, Heroine
Uniform: Onyx (not rolled, just go with pic)
Hair: Midnight Blue (not rolled, just go with pic)
Eyes: Dark Blue (not rolled, just go with pic)
4 Special Qualities: Dark Past (Bad Reputation), Shy, Accessory (Spiked Uniform), Membership (Political Organization)
Maid Roots: Debts (12)
Stress Explosion: Spoiled Child (63)
Maid Weapon: Rifle (23)
Maid Power: Windows of the Soul (5)
Spirit:  30

Alright!  So it looks like little Eri's parents were firm believers in Anarchist Governments and they taught their little girl never to trust figures of authority.  She is a member of the anarchist covenant and is rumored to have stolen a police-car when she was fifteen and driven it into a lake.

A year ago, the IRS managed to catch her parents on income tax evasion and locked them both up, leaving Eri to be forced to take a job (where she responds to an authority figure, no less) in order to make ends meet.  She probably isn't the friendliest of people, but really does need the job and is willing to do whatever is necessary to keep it.

Edit:  She'll take the bottommost room, since she is a light sleeper and doesn't want to be flanked by noisy neighbors :P

Mysterica

I'll take the second room from the bottom on the right, though I just got a brand spanking new pair of d6s, and I may wind up scrapping my current character and give it a shot to see if they like me... but if I do that will have to wait until after class today at... getting close to midnight.  Until then I'm off.  Gotta go do that work thing they say is so important.

Jr

I'll take any old unattended servant room. If they're all taken, I'd like a groundskeeper's shack on the property. And since we know the game's set in Japan, I'll name my butler Daigo. I added a pic and description to my character sheet on page 1.

Blythe

Quote from: Faeli on November 27, 2013, 04:23:59 AM
I am learning stuff!

So, links to all my cute rolls since I went ahead and went TOTALLY RANDOM! 

Name:  Sayoko Eri
Skill: 0
Luck: 2
Types: Pure, Heroine
Uniform: Onyx (not rolled, just go with pic)
Hair: Midnight Blue (not rolled, just go with pic)
Eyes: Dark Blue (not rolled, just go with pic)
4 Special Qualities: Dark Past (Bad Reputation), Shy, Accessory (Spiked Uniform), Membership (Political Organization)
Maid Roots: Debts (12)
Stress Explosion: Spoiled Child (63)
Maid Weapon: Rifle (23)
Maid Power: Windows of the Soul (5)
Spirit:  30

Alright!  So it looks like little Eri's parents were firm believers in Anarchist Governments and they taught their little girl never to trust figures of authority.  She is a member of the anarchist covenant and is rumored to have stolen a police-car when she was fifteen and driven it into a lake.

A year ago, the IRS managed to catch her parents on income tax evasion and locked them both up, leaving Eri to be forced to take a job (where she responds to an authority figure, no less) in order to make ends meet.  She probably isn't the friendliest of people, but really does need the job and is willing to do whatever is necessary to keep it.

Edit:  She'll take the bottommost room, since she is a light sleeper and doesn't want to be flanked by noisy neighbors :P

Looking good--welcome aboard! I'll edit the map to include your character's room!

Quote from: Mysterica on November 27, 2013, 08:35:26 AM
I'll take the second room from the bottom on the right, though I just got a brand spanking new pair of d6s, and I may wind up scrapping my current character and give it a shot to see if they like me... but if I do that will have to wait until after class today at... getting close to midnight.  Until then I'm off.  Gotta go do that work thing they say is so important.

The last one available in the servant's rooms!

Quote from: Jr on November 27, 2013, 09:42:51 AM
I'll take any old unattended servant room. If they're all taken, I'd like a groundskeeper's shack on the property. And since we know the game's set in Japan, I'll name my butler Daigo. I added a pic and description to my character sheet on page 1.

I'll allow you a small groundskeeper's residence if you prefer not to take one of the bedrooms at the top of the map.

I'll edit the map again today to reflect these choices, and hopefully I will be able to do a bit more work on Sapporo and mansion information today!

ShadowFox89

Looks like my maid will have to shack up with someone else xD
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kylie

Quote from: Blythe on November 27, 2013, 03:44:59 AM

That should be all good.  (Although I don't think there is a Yumi sheet in here yet, at least?  Curious what's in there.  But most likely fine, I think.)  I'm not really picky about the location. 

Blythe

Quote from: kylie on November 27, 2013, 03:15:31 PM
         That should be all good.  (Although I don't think there is a Yumi sheet in here yet, at least?  Curious what's in there.  But most likely fine, I think.)  I'm not really picky about the location.

I haven't seen a sheet for Yumi yet--or if I have I've derped and forgotten (and need to do some hunting through this thread). But awesome about the room sharing. If Persephone doesn't have a preference for location either, would either of you mind just being assigned a room?

Quote from: kylie on November 27, 2013, 03:15:31 PM

I think the options to share are with Catherine (played by catherinehellfie), with Hanako (played by Yugishogun), with Shizuka (played by Mysterica), or with Sayoko (<--a light sleeper, played by Faeli)! Let me know if you have a preference about whom you with to share a room with, and if the other player is amendable, I'll make a note/edit the map some time today.

ShadowFox89

I'm gonna hand roll things, before the tabletop game tonight (where I am kicking ass with my ranger in our 1e ADnD game). But my character would be fine.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

persephone325

I haven't done my sheet yet. I just know the name of my character. Haha. So don't worry. You didn't miss it. :D

I like the bedroom at the very top right. But if it's already taken, I don't mind being put somewhere else.
I don't know.

kylie

Quote from: persephone325 on November 27, 2013, 02:16:10 AM
If Kylie is going to be part of this, I wouldn't mind sharing a room with xir character. ^^
And you have been dealing with too many lieges.  Laughs.  Pronouns!  Omg.  Not that it's a bad thing, but so funny...  I totally get lost trying to remember so many people asking for different pronouns.  And then I forget after asking even with regular names, so it just snowballs and I have to throw up my hands.  (Yes there are actually threads listing some for people, but I can't honestly bear to open a thread every time to remind myself of what six people all put for a pronoun, if I don't absolutely have to.)  So I would figure, yeah the "x" was as good a guess as any if you really must guess.  And it looked kinda cool -- hee.  I'd probably do the same thing. 

Anyway, feminine is nice.  Or more for specifically OOC talk, I tend to dump a lot of me into my characters and a little vice-versa while I'm thinking about a story.  So just half mixing "me" with my characters is actually cool with me.  In other words, you can pronoun me as whatever I'm playing.   

persephone325

Quote from: kylie on November 27, 2013, 03:28:32 PM
          And you have been dealing with too many lieges.  Laughs.  Pronouns!  Omg.  Not that it's a bad thing, but so funny...  I totally get lost trying to remember so many people asking for different pronouns.  And then I forget after asking even with regular names, so it just snowballs and I have to throw up my hands.  So I would figure, yeah the "x" was as good a guess as any if you really must guess.  And it looked kinda cool -- hee.  I'd probably do the same thing. 

Anyway, feminine is nice.  Or more for specifically OOC talk, I tend to dump a lot of me into my characters and a little vice-versa while I'm thinking about a story.  So just half mixing "me" with my characters is actually cool with me.  In other words, you can pronoun me as whatever I'm playing.   

Haha. ^^ Well alright then! I just didn't want to offend you, so I thought it would be better safe than sorry! :-)
I don't know.

Jr

Quote from: Blythe on November 27, 2013, 01:05:38 PMI'll allow you a small groundskeeper's residence if you prefer not to take one of the bedrooms at the top of the map.
I can have a proper bedroom!? Well, hot damn, I'll take the one closest to the mistress' quarters.

kylie

Btw, having a horrid time (as usual?) coming up with an image that just fits.  I like imagery, but I don't know many anime sites so googling wildly.  I may just have to toss the color scheme and pick something random that works.  Or if it won't drive too many people bonkers, I might even go with a cosplay or just a live photo for inspiration.

persephone325

I don't know.

Blythe

Quote from: kylie on November 27, 2013, 03:46:38 PM
       Btw, having a horrid time (as usual?) coming up with an image that just fits.  I like imagery, but I don't know many anime sites so googling wildly.  I may just have to toss the color scheme and pick something random that works.  Or if it won't drive too many people bonkers, I might even go with a cosplay or just a live photo for inspiration.

If a live photo or cosplay works as well and suits your character idea/image better, I have no problems with individuals using images like that.  :-)

Quote from: persephone325 on November 27, 2013, 03:49:01 PM
Someone posted this link, and it might be helpful.

http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/

Ooh, this does look helpful.

ShadowFox89

Got my rolls done, I'll post up tonight after the game. Or tonight if it gets cancelled.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kylie

Jr

I find vndb to be a decent source for character pics, as well. It's where I got mine.

persephone325

Your name is Yumi. You are 18 years old. You have sky eyes and black hair, and wear a blue maid uniform. You are childlike and sexy; others describe you as curvy, sweet and cute.

In the past, you attempted suicide many times.
Rather than a Western-style maid uniform, you wear a Japanese-style uniform featuring a kimono and an apron.
You are the actually the daughter of a family of even greater standing of the master.
You are actually a mermaid, with an affinity for water and ears that sometimes appear to be fins.
Within certain limits, you have the ability to predict the future using one of the countless methods of divination.
You have a small animal companion that sits on your shoulder or rests in your hands.

When you are extremely upset, you run away from the mansion.
You became a maid in order to prepare yourself to become an ideal bride some day.
In combat, you wield a scythe worthy of the grim reaper.

Athletics: 1
Affection: 3
Skill: 2
Cunning: 3

Due to your notable Luck, you have the ability Foreboding. You can tell when something dangerous is coming.
I don't know.

catherinehellfire

Mysterica

Alrighty.  Class let out WAY early tonight (Yay) so I can get going with that character re-roll I promised, and btw, you are welcome.  I had hoped that that website would help out a bit.  ^^

Anyways on to business.

Name: Shizuka

Athletics: (4+3)/3=2
Affection: [(5+1)/3]-1=1
Skill: [(5+6)/3]+1=4
Cunning: [(5+2)/3]+1=3
Luck: [(5+6)/3]=3
Will: [(6+2)/3]-1=1

Types
4 Cool
2 Sexy

Colors
Uniform: Black
Hair: Blue
Eyes: Blue

Special Qualities 2+(d6/2)
2+(4/2)=4
34 Vampire
55-6 Dark Past-Runaway
51-1 Perversion-Nymphomaniac
61-1 Secret Job-Assassin

Maid Roots: Admirer of Maids
Stress Explosion: Mischief
Maid Weapon: 34 Chinese broadsword
Maid Power (Skill): 5 Instant cleaning

Favor: 2

Yukina

I already named my character Hanako though, Mysterica. Otherwise, great character. :)

Mysterica

Blarg!  Put the wrong name.  my bad.  That's what I get for trying to just remember it off the top of my head.  Fixed.

Yukina

Zaer Darkwail

Is my maid okay? Anyways I would pick the rightmost nameless room (the three rooms lined up after living room) as my char room.

Blythe

I'll try to check sheets and update the map within a day or two; got caught up in RL yesterday and didn't get to.

persephone325

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 29, 2013, 10:28:33 AM
Is my maid okay? Anyways I would pick the rightmost nameless room (the three rooms lined up after living room) as my char room.

Quote from: Blythe on November 29, 2013, 10:49:03 AM
I'll try to check sheets and update the map within a day or two; got caught up in RL yesterday and didn't get to.

I had asked for that room twice.
I don't know.

Blythe

Quote from: persephone325 on November 29, 2013, 01:50:31 PM
I had asked for that room twice.

I'll read the thread and make updates as appropriate in a day or two, with rooms given on a first-come first-serve basis.

If someone asks for a room already taken or already asked for, I'll message them after I update the map to allow them to choose from what remains.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, that case I wait until map is updated so I know what room to pick.

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on November 29, 2013, 01:58:51 PM
I'll read the thread and make updates as appropriate in a day or two, with rooms given on a first-come first-serve basis.

If someone asks for a room already taken or already asked for, I'll message them after I update the map to allow them to choose from what remains.

OK. I just figured it was the biggest, and I was sharing with Kylie. When you asked if I had a preference, I picked that one. lol
I don't know.

Jemady Angel

I am interested in this roleplay, but I have never played a group roleplay like this before and am reading up on some of the resources that I am finding around the thread currently. If anyone has any pointers, please feel free to fill me in. ESPECIALLY about this large group rp (I understand the sandbox idea but am not sure how the D&D idea behind this works). Any other resources I can read?

http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2010-05-22-281671.jpeg
Athletics:   1
Affection:   2
Skill:   1
Cunning:   2
Luck:   2
Will:   0
Uniform Color:   black
Hair Color:   white
Eye Color:   orange
Maid Types:   Sexy, Lolita
Special Qualities:   Pro Creator, Elf Ears, Brown Skin
Favored Attribute:   Luck
Maid Power:   Saw It, Chance Meeting
Maid Roots:   Mistress
Maid Weapon:   Western Sword
Stress Explosion:   Racing
Your name is Silvia Longhorn. You are 20 years old. You are sexy and childlike; others describe you as young, sweet and coquettish.
Along with being a maid, you are professional artist.
Although you appear to be a maid, it would be more accurate to call you the master's lover. In combat, you wield a traditional western sword, such as a longsword, rapier, flamberge, two-handed sword or the like. When you are extremely upset, you get into whatever vehicle is handy and go for a joyride at at least twice the speed limit. Due to your notable Luck, you have the ability Saw It; You can declare that you've seen something happening in the mansion; you can decide the timing too. You also have the power of Chance Meeting; By taking 2 points of Stress, you can have an NPC that's just showing up for the first time be an acquaintance from some time before.

I still need help!
<---- O/o

frost rose

...there's a Maid game in the works and I managed to miss spotting it for over two weeks? I am deeply embarrassed.

And since it says still open, I'd like to transition from that into that I am totally interested, and the moment I take a nap will work up a character if that's still okay and all?
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

catherinehellfire

Yukina

catherinehellfire

>:)  None shall stand in our path.  Our army will be invincible, because really, who would hurt a cute anime maid. (besides perverted anime monsters.)

Yukina

Quote from: catherinehellfire on November 30, 2013, 11:58:23 AM
>:)  None shall stand in our path.  Our army will be invincible, because really, who would hurt a cute anime maid. (besides perverted anime monsters.)

And due to the world's lack of tentacled beings, our victory is assured!

catherinehellfire

Blythe

Quote from: Jemady Angel on November 30, 2013, 12:21:55 AM
I am interested in this roleplay, but I have never played a group roleplay like this before and am reading up on some of the resources that I am finding around the thread currently. If anyone has any pointers, please feel free to fill me in. ESPECIALLY about this large group rp (I understand the sandbox idea but am not sure how the D&D idea behind this works). Any other resources I can read?

Athletics:   1
Affection:   2
Skill:   1
Cunning:   2
Luck:   2
Will:   0
Your name is Silvia Longhorn. You are 20 years old. You are sexy and childlike; others describe you as young, sweet and coquettish.
Although you appear to be a maid, it would be more accurate to call you the master's lover. In combat, you wield a traditional western sword, such as a longsword, rapier, flamberge, two-handed sword or the like. When you are extremely upset, you get into whatever vehicle is handy and go for a joyride at at least twice the speed limit. Due to your notable Luck, you have the ability Saw It; You can declare that you've seen something happening in the mansion; you can decide the timing too. You also have the power of Chance Meeting; By taking 2 points of Stress, you can have an NPC that's just showing up for the first time be an acquaintance from some time before.

I still need help!

Oh ow....those stats aren't the best. You might want to re-roll those attributes. I'll put you down as interested either way; welcome aboard!

As for how this game works, I need you to be a bit more specific about what kind of help you are asking for--are you wanting a brief set of rules for how MAID works (don't worry; it's much simpler than D&D), or are you asking about posting...?

Quote from: frost rose on November 30, 2013, 11:36:26 AM
...there's a Maid game in the works and I managed to miss spotting it for over two weeks? I am deeply embarrassed.

And since it says still open, I'd like to transition from that into that I am totally interested, and the moment I take a nap will work up a character if that's still okay and all?

Yup yup, you're more than welcome to join in--I'm going to be updating this today with the map information, some information on Sapporo, and highly likely, since I see multiple people with sheets done, I will consider making an OOC.

Those of you with sheets done, are you wanting an OOC a bit early so you can take some time before the game starts in December to chatter and create some bonds and pre-existing friendships/relationships for your maids?

Jemady Angel

Quote from: Blythe on November 30, 2013, 01:16:08 PM

As for how this game works, I need you to be a bit more specific about what kind of help you are asking for--are you wanting a brief set of rules for how MAID works (don't worry; it's much simpler than D&D), or are you asking about posting...?

I was wondering about how this games works yes. I have never done a 'game' style group before. Also, for the posting it would be nice to know if it is free form or is will have a posting order. Also maybe something to explain a little bit more about maid itself? Thank you :) Also, I will look into the stats >//< Though I really like the appearance/special qualities and such like. So I just need to reroll the stats, which will change only her maid power I believe. I will do that now, thank you.

<---- O/o

Blythe

Quote from: Jemady Angel on November 30, 2013, 01:31:51 PM
I was wondering about how this games works yes. I have never done a 'game' style group before.

I'll get a brief set of system rules posted sometime today or tomorrow; it's a very easy game to pick up, so I have no doubts that it'll be a cinch to get. I'm sure you are not the only one who would like them posted for easy reference anyway.  ;D

Also, for the posting it would be nice to know if it is free form or is will have a posting order.

Posting will be very freeform with no set order. I have not set a posting minimum or any limitations about post types, as this group seems like it will be large, and I want to think about what would be best for everyone. Right now, I lean to just asking for two posts a week and having no limitations regarding post length (so you could have long posts if you wanted or very short; it wouldn't matter, so long as there were 2).

Also maybe something to explain a little bit more about maid itself? Thank you :)

I'll dig up some info about the actual game (when it came out, how it was received, things like that), but the precept of it is simple. It revolves around the Japanese anime "maid" tropes you see so often (in manga as well), and whoever manages their employment. What's great about the game is it's flexibility and randomness; you could have maids who are androids or demons to maids who are 100% ordinary. It's a tabletop rpg that I feel is truly character-driven; everything focuses on the characters, their jobs, and how well (or not so well) they can get along with each other. Ultimately, it's a light comedy game with a slight focus on drama and romance, no matter what genre it's put in. More on it later when I dig up some info.

Also, I will look into the stats >//< Though I really like the appearance/special qualities and such like. So I just need to reroll the stats, which will change only her maid power I believe. I will do that now, thank you.

You can keep the special qualities and appearance, if you like--and if you prefer not to re-roll your attributes, that's okay.  I'm only suggesting it because yours came out a teensy bit on the low side.

Jemady Angel

Quote from: Blythe on November 30, 2013, 01:44:01 PM
You can keep the special qualities and appearance, if you like--and if you prefer not to re-roll your attributes, that's okay.  I'm only suggesting it because yours came out a teensy bit on the low side.

I understand, and thank you! I will be looking for those and I would defiantly like to play this game! Here is the rerolled, is it better? Thank you so much!

Athletics:   4
Affection:   1
Skill:   3
Cunning:   3
Luck:   0
Will:   3
Favored Attribute:   Athletic
Maid Power:   Iron Wall
Although you appear to be a maid, it would be more accurate to call you the master's lover. In combat, you wield a traditional western sword, such as a longsword, rapier, flamberge, two-handed sword or the like. When you are extremely upset, you get into whatever vehicle is handy and go for a joyride at at least twice the speed limit.  Due to your notable Athletics, you have the ability Iron Wall; You can use your Athletics attribute to defend up to two other characters.
Favor: 2
Spirit: 30

<---- O/o

Jr

A separate OOC thread sounds like a good idea, if only to keep non-recruitment chatter out of this one.

Blythe

Quote from: Jemady Angel on November 30, 2013, 01:50:15 PM
I understand, and thank you! I will be looking for those and I would defiantly like to play this game! Here is the rerolled, is it better? Thank you so much!

Athletics:   4
Affection:   1
Skill:   3
Cunning:   3
Luck:   0
Will:   3
Although you appear to be a maid, it would be more accurate to call you the master's lover. In combat, you wield a traditional western sword, such as a longsword, rapier, flamberge, two-handed sword or the like. When you are extremely upset, you get into whatever vehicle is handy and go for a joyride at at least twice the speed limit.  Due to your notable Athletics, you have the ability Iron Wall; You can use your Athletics attribute to defend up to two other characters.

Much improved! This looks a lot better.  ;D

Quote from: Jr on November 30, 2013, 01:58:02 PM
A separate OOC thread sounds like a good idea, if only to keep non-recruitment chatter out of this one.

I'll create one some time this evening (it's 2 p.m. for me, so it'll be a few hours), but I will get one up so everyone can get to know each other a bit better. I'll get it done after the map update.  :-)

Jemady Angel

Great :) I did pick the hair and eyes to match the picture on mine, because I loved the picture I found when I was looking up dark skinned elf :)

This should be a lot of fun! Can not wait.
<---- O/o

frost rose

Man, these are fun to roll up. I got the weirdest set of coincidences. Although full admission — I picked the colours and changed one quality (short skirt > skull) after I realised I had the image that described her.

I also rerolled the stats once as I got a grand total of 6 first try, no joke.

Shirasaka Misaki

Athletics 1
Affection 0
Skill 4
Cunning 2
Luck 2
Will 0

Maid Type: Sexy, Lolita
Uniform Colours: White and Red
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Blonde

Special Qualities: Devil Summoner, One Eye Hair, Overactive Imagination, Skull
Weapon: Summoning
Maid Roots: Who Knows?
Maid Powers: 4-D Dress, Ultimate Menu
Stress Explosion: Alcohol

Favour: 0
Spirit: 0

Misaki is a delicately built girl, with a sweet demeanour that conflicts with the goth loli style with hints of vampishness she prefers when out of uniform. Despite being generally competent at her job she gets easily discouraged, frequently consoling herself at the bottom of a bottle at the slightest hint of things not going her way. That combined with her frequent trips through her own head and accompanying ferocious blushes leaves her somewhat distant from many of her peers.

Much of her success lies in the small army of minor demons and devils she commands, her goth stylings not merely for show, giving her many spare hands to help out, and sometimes do the work for her as she daydreams. She is pretty sure that it was during one of her little episodes that someone had her sign up to become a maid, probably one of the little devils she keeps working for her. Possibly as a prank, or in return for a service she can't remember now. Or she might have been drunk. She swore of drinking for a while after she woke up in uniform, just in case.

It didn't last for long.

It's gone now.

Missy

So this game is still rolling out?

Still space for joiners? Was just able to locate a rulebook.

Blythe

@frost rose: Looks good!

@MCsc: Still open for those interested. I'm in the process of updating the map now! OOC will be up within the hour.

Blythe

Map updated!

I have edited to allow for a couple extra bedrooms!

Zaer, now that there are some more rooms, it will give you a bit more to pick from.

The OOC will take a bit longer this evening than I expected, but it will be up some time tonight.  ;D

EDIT: Jr, after perusing the thread, I saw where you mentioned wanting a room nearest the mistress, so I put that down for Daigo. Let me know if that's okay.

If I have missed anyone asking for a room, please let me know and I will get your character added!

Yukina

Wonderful, Blythe! :) By the way, may someone assist me on finding a picture for an angel maid?

Mysterica

Of course.  All you need do is ask.

Any of those strike your fancy?

Yukina

Thank you, Mysterica. :) The fourth one looks like a perfect fit!

Revised Sheet
Dress Color: White with Black
Hair Color: Pink
Eye Color: Blue
Special Qualities: Albino, Angel, Doujin Artist

ShadowFox89

Do you have a character sheet template I could use? My maid is going to be an albino doujin artist angel with silver hair...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jemady Angel

<---- O/o

Jr

Quote from: Blythe on November 30, 2013, 08:01:48 PMEDIT: Jr, after perusing the thread, I saw where you mentioned wanting a room nearest the mistress, so I put that down for Daigo. Let me know if that's okay.
It's exactly what I wanted, thank you.

catherinehellfire

I'm almost sad that there are enough rooms for almost everyone to have their own

frost rose

Quote from: Blythe on November 30, 2013, 07:31:08 PM
@frost rose: Looks good!

yay! I'm actually a little worried I'm going to rapidly fail spiral, with stress explosions every other tuesday leading to dropping favour, which would start reducing stats quick, and in turn make stress easier. But that'd probably be fun too in its own way. This game after all need not be about competent people.

And how about then stick Misaki in the bedroom next to Silvia, across from the living room?

Although thinking about rooms, catherinehellfire does raise a good point.

It's gone now.

Mysterica

Anyone up to room up with the resident nymphomaniac?  She won't bite... OK yes she will, but it won't hurt too much.

frost rose

Quote from: Mysterica on November 30, 2013, 11:59:49 PM
Anyone up to room up with the resident nymphomaniac?  She won't bite... OK yes she will, but it won't hurt too much.

I like this idea better! Have me do this thing.

It's gone now.

Mysterica

Missy

Yuka Onishita
Maid Type: Pure, Heroine
Uniform: Grey
Hair Colour: Brunette/Black
Eye Colour: Grey
Skill: 2
Special Qualities:
Bondage Uniform
Glasses
Maid Roots: Slave
Stress Explosion: Teasing
Maid Power: Persistence

Just put her in any room, share if you like/must

Blythe

Looks good MCsc!

Also, OOC will be up tomorrow. RL (in the form of awesome tequila) and Mumble (in the form of awesome Game Night) ate up a lot of my night, so the OOC and probably a thread for character sheets will go up tomorrow.

Sessha

Well here she is my Head Maid character.

Name: Kaede Yukihiro
Age 30
Attributes
Athletics:  2
Affection:  3
Skill:         2
Cunning:  2(+1)=3
Luck:        3(-1)=2
Will:         4(+1)(-1)=4

Maid Type:
Sexy(not rolled)
Heroine(not rolled)
Colors:
Blue(not rolled)
White(not rolled)
Hair: Black(not rolled)
Eyes: Green(not rolled)
Special Qualities:
Head Maid
Actually a Guy(Hermaphrodite)(not rolled)
Easygoing
Shapeshifter(Fox)
Magic(Western Magician)
Maid Roots: Hereditary Maid
Stress Explosion: Drinking Alcohol
Maid Power: Absolute Maid
Spirit: 40

Wolfling72

slips in to inform the Boss that I wanna linky when this thing goes up so's I can read along.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

catherinehellfire

Wow.  I just noticed I am missing Spirit and Favor on my character sheet.  Can someone tell me how those are determined?

ShadowFox89

Name:
Athletics: 3 | Affection: 3 | Skill: 2
Cunning: 2 |Luck: 3        |Will: 3     

Maid Type:
Boyish and Heroine
Colors:
Uniform: Vermillion
Hair: Silver
Eyes: Rainbow
Special Qualities:
Elf Ears, Quiet, Glasses, Doujin Artist, Albino, Angel
Maid Roots: Self-Punishment
Stress Explosion: Shopping
Maid Weapon: Chains
Maid Power: Absolute Maid

Just need a name, age, and picture...

Spirit is always 40 and Favor is Affection x 2.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

frost rose

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 01, 2013, 12:17:45 PM
Spirit is always 40 and Favor is Affection x 2.

Oh, how I wish. Spirit is Will x 10. Usually around 20-30, although starting Spirit of 0 is entirely possible.

Take me, for instance.

It's gone now.

Blythe

From the rulebook, to clarify on Spirit and Favor:

Your starting Favor is equal to your Affection score, times two.
Your Spirit is equal to your Will score, times ten.

catherinehellfire

Name: Catherine
Athletics:2
Affection:5
Skill:2
Cunning:1
Luck:2
Will:3
Types:
Sexy
Lolita
Uniform:Cream
Hair: Golden blonde
Eyes: Sky blue
Special Qualities:
Overactive Imagination
Miniskirt
Nekomimi
Maid Roots: Orphan
Stress Explosion: Crying
Maid Weapon: Claws
Maid Power: Maiden's Tears

Couldn't find the right uniform color or eye color but this is basically what she'd look like.
http://s253.photobucket.com/user/RHE2007/media/Anime%20Girls/C3P1ThePrankstersCollar.gif.html

Ok then now I am done.

Blythe

An OOC is up!

Please be aware that I do not have all the information up in it yet. For those somewhat unfamiliar with MAID, don't worry; I'm working on posting basic information about the rules in the OOC.

Also, the OOC will be completed over the next few days. If you would like to suggest something to add, do it in the OOC!

For those of you just now looking at this thread, it is not to late to join! We are still accepting new characters. This looks like it's going to be a large sandboxy game!

kylie

Updating mine just with image claim / aesthetics.  I might drop in more later about character. 

And I still have to decide on a name.

Name/Age/Race:  tbd / 18  /half-elven
     (basically as in the image, but with elven ears under the hair)
Unif Color: White... and something (with red or possibly the blue variant)
Hair Color: Vermillon  (I actually did roll that, just never thought I'd find a picture with it!)
Eye Color: blue, almost navy

Maid Type: Sexy, cool.

(If this is okay, GM will need to figure out how reliably or how often it works. )

Sessha

Hey Shadow I was wondering where you got your Spirit from?

bokotousamurai

Still recruiting?

I'd like to be a Futanari maid ^.^
I'm the coolest nerd there is, and I don't care that that isn't an accomplishment.

Blythe

Quote from: bokotousamurai on December 17, 2013, 10:57:35 PM
Still recruiting?

I'd like to be a Futanari maid ^.^

Sure--if you are interested! We're always happy to welcome other players!

Blythe

Oh, I should note that the game has only just begun--it's still early, and MAID is a game that makes it easy to incorporate new characters! We are still accepting new characters, if there is anyone interested. For those curious:

Link to our OOC!

Link to a thread for Character Sheets!

These links have been placed in the first post of this thread!

Vanetias

Feel interested in this. Can I play two characters? With one being a butler?

persephone325

Quote from: Vanetias on January 14, 2014, 07:43:54 AM

We already have a butler. Not sure if Blythe wants another one.
I don't know.

Blythe

Quote from: Vanetias on January 14, 2014, 07:43:54 AM

You may play two characters if you wish (provided you post character sheets that I can look over and approve if they fit the game), but the Butler position is already filled by another player at this time.

Vanetias

Oh, alright then. :D though, is it possible to play as the member of the household?(Just asking)

Blythe

Quote from: Vanetias on January 15, 2014, 01:21:22 AM
Oh, alright then. :D though, is it possible to play as the member of the household?(Just asking)

Yup! Just run a concept by me to see if it'll fit!