Isle of the Damned - Recruitment Thread - Always Open

Started by GnothiSeauton, September 09, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Dancing flower on September 12, 2014, 02:43:11 PM
Thank you for your hard work, GM team!  :-)

I didn't think this would take off with all of the interest that it has so far, and it's caught me off guard. 

And just so that I have it clear in my mind, because I keep having the suspicion that I'm missing some sheets...  With pending character sheets, I have...

1 from KalebHyde
1 from Interdiction of Words
1 from Lady Lunarius
1 from Madmartigan
1 from EightXInfinity
1 from EdwardShane
1 from Black Howling
1 from Timeless
1 from Bloodied Porcelain
1 from Samael Grimaldi
1 from DeamonBane
1 from Rel Mayer
1 from NosCorventius

If I've missed you, please don't hesitate to let me know.  I'm just trying to get a hold on character sheets that are pending so I don't lose track of them.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

NosCorventius

Mine has yet to be submitted. Hoping to put on the final touches today.

Nachtmahr

~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Rel Mayer

Samael Grimaldi

Discord: Archfiend7820

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

EdwardShane

If anyone wants to make a connection to Rosalyn (such as being a former member of the Wolves of Steel, having hired or heard of her in the past, or other such things...even being her father's killer, if you really wanted) do let me now and we can work on talking things out.  I'm open to new ideas as well

Bloodied Porcelain

I am open to connections for Cerys, my brothel owner/collector of secrets if anyone wants some. I would love to see some male and female prostitutes for the Gilded Rose. It should be noted that she pretty much only takes in those whose loyalties she feels she can trust... meaning she only takes in those who are willing and ready to take on the worlds oldest profession.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Kokaine

Quote from: EdwardShane on September 12, 2014, 07:51:06 PM
If anyone wants to make a connection to Rosalyn (such as being a former member of the Wolves of Steel, having hired or heard of her in the past, or other such things...even being her father's killer, if you really wanted) do let me now and we can work on talking things out.  I'm open to new ideas as well

Hmm... possible that the Serpent (my character Serafina) could have killed her father... if you want an actual person to be after.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Odanrav

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 12, 2014, 07:57:04 PM
I am open to connections for Cerys, my brothel owner/collector of secrets if anyone wants some. I would love to see some male and female prostitutes for the Gilded Rose. It should be noted that she pretty much only takes in those whose loyalties she feels she can trust... meaning she only takes in those who are willing and ready to take on the worlds oldest profession.

Attium is more a lover than a fighter...male prostitution could definitely be a direction to take him if you think he fits the bill of what Cerys is looking for BP.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Odanrav on September 12, 2014, 08:04:26 PM
Attium is more a lover than a fighter...male prostitution could definitely be a direction to take him if you think he fits the bill of what Cerys is looking for BP.

He is a little ambitious than she would normally go for, but if his loyalty could be "bought" by keeping him out of far worse situations and giving him a relatively comfortable life in exchange for him putting that silver tongue of his to work, its a definite possibility.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

EdwardShane

Quote from: Kokaine on September 12, 2014, 08:00:24 PM
Hmm... possible that the Serpent (my character Serafina) could have killed her father... if you want an actual person to be after.

Well, I was planning to NPC the person eventually if no one wanted to be the person who did it, so really I'm all right either way.  If you're open to the idea and wanting to do this though, we could certainly work the details out :)

Devilyn Sydhe

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Khal sat at the dining table in his newly acquired home with a look of satisfaction as a plate of nicely roasted meat rested before him. A glance to his left would fill his vision with Aly as she so dutifully knelt by his knee, blue eyes lowered to the floor as she had been taught.  Between them on the table lay the leash which never strayed too far from his hand.  She was a good pet, quick to learn.  Her skill as a cook was well appreciated as he raised a medium rare portion to his mouth in pleasure, eating the majority of it before fingers would seek out that leash, a single tug to show his approval.  Allowance of her gaze to lift was followed by the remainder of the meat pressed to her lips which, in turn, opened to take his offering into her gentle mouth, suckling the flavor from his fingertips as well. 

Khal smiled, stroking his hand through her golden locks though such affection would last only an instant.  It wasn't Aly's fault that his smile faded to scowl, rather it was that muffled groan which reached his ear from the right.  Khal's attention shifted back to the source of such disapproving sound, the lady of the house he had now commandeered for himself.  The woman had surely been pretty at some point before His arrival, though now bruises adorned most of those pleasing features.  The lady had possessed spirit, a fire which would not allow just any man to invade her home.  Khal had found amusement in her fight, moreso than her current condition of having her arms bound and mouth gagged.  Her tongue had threatened to interrupt his meal and her hands...well, there was no need to give her opportunity to grasp the dagger which lay upon the table pointed toward her as if poised to strike.

"Something to say?"  He half expected her to apologize for her poor hospitality, yet once he removed the gag, the woman only glared at him.

"Such a shame, you had so much to say before.  Do eat, you'll need to recapture your strength as my plate is nearly empty"

"And how might I do that with my hands tied?  You must be a fool to think I care when you finish eating..."  There it was, a spark of that flame which had nearly been extinguished.

"Here, let me help you"  He spoke coldly, no sign of emotion as suddenly his hand would take hold of her hair, force her head to crash violently downward onto her own plate and the oak table below.  Khal then slammed her chair backward to the floor as he thought she should have cared.  Taking the last bit of meat from his own plate, he would pull Aly's leash again to raise her eyes.  This time, though, it would be to feed her something far less appetizing.  Khal then rose from his chair with dagger in hand as he moved to tower over the prone female groaning in refreshed pain.  What Aly would then bear witness to was something which would leave a lasting scar.

This is just a brainstormed idea I had to write down.  It is kind of quickly tossed together and could definitely use some more fleshing out.  I guess it's a possible historical anecdote for my potential character, Khal (Khal Dumar if acceptable).  Would like to find some connections for him though he isn't a skilled pirate, more just a large mercenary with a mean streak.

EdwardShane

Quote from: KalebHyde on September 12, 2014, 10:20:10 PM
Khal sat at the dining table in his newly acquired home with a look of satisfaction as a plate of nicely roasted meat rested before him. A glance to his left would fill his vision with Aly as she so dutifully knelt by his knee, blue eyes lowered to the floor as she had been taught.  Between them on the table lay the leash which never strayed too far from his hand.  She was a good pet, quick to learn.  Her skill as a cook was well appreciated as he raised a medium rare portion to his mouth in pleasure, eating the majority of it before fingers would seek out that leash, a single tug to show his approval.  Allowance of her gaze to lift was followed by the remainder of the meat pressed to her lips which, in turn, opened to take his offering into her gentle mouth, suckling the flavor from his fingertips as well. 

Khal smiled, stroking his hand through her golden locks though such affection would last only an instant.  It wasn't Aly's fault that his smile faded to scowl, rather it was that muffled groan which reached his ear from the right.  Khal's attention shifted back to the source of such disapproving sound, the lady of the house he had now commandeered for himself.  The woman had surely been pretty at some point before His arrival, though now bruises adorned most of those pleasing features.  The lady had possessed spirit, a fire which would not allow just any man to invade her home.  Khal had found amusement in her fight, moreso than her current condition of having her arms bound and mouth gagged.  Her tongue had threatened to interrupt his meal and her hands...well, there was no need to give her opportunity to grasp the dagger which lay upon the table pointed toward her as if poised to strike.

"Something to say?"  He half expected her to apologize for her poor hospitality, yet once he removed the gag, the woman only glared at him.

"Such a shame, you had so much to say before.  Do eat, you'll need to recapture your strength as my plate is nearly empty"

"And how might I do that with my hands tied?  You must be a fool to think I care when you finish eating..."  There it was, a spark of that flame which had nearly been extinguished.

"Here, let me help you"  He spoke coldly, no sign of emotion as suddenly his hand would take hold of her hair, force her head to crash violently downward onto her own plate and the oak table below.  Khal then slammed her chair backward to the floor as he thought she should have cared.  Taking the last bit of meat from his own plate, he would pull Aly's leash again to raise her eyes.  This time, though, it would be to feed her something far less appetizing.  Khal then rose from his chair with dagger in hand as he moved to tower over the prone female groaning in refreshed pain.  What Aly would then bear witness to was something which would leave a lasting scar.

This is just a brainstormed idea I had to write down.  It is kind of quickly tossed together and could definitely use some more fleshing out.  I guess it's a possible historical anecdote for my potential character, Khal (Khal Dumar if acceptable).  Would like to find some connections for him though he isn't a skilled pirate, more just a large mercenary with a mean streak.

Could always have him be an ex-member of the mercenary group that my character, Rosalyn was involved in/led for a brief amount of time before its collapse?  How well they knew each other could be up for debate, but it's a possible link that could happen.

Strangefate

Quote from: KalebHyde on September 12, 2014, 10:20:10 PM

If he’s going to be a pirate my character Zyrus could use some crew and a large warrior with a mean streak would fit quite well.  If you’re at all interested, feel free to PM! 
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

GnothiSeauton

GM Announcement

There has been a slight change to the character sheet.  This is more of a change to make things easier on myself and Howling, as well as make something a little more clearer for those who wish to interact with your character in the story.

QuoteBlood Status:  Are they magic born, or are they without magic?  If they are magical, please put their ability here.  Just remember that we're not allowing powerful magic/abilities at this time.  Magic in the world is dying out, with abilities weakening and weakening.

With the Blood Status section, we ask that you please put down your character's abilities here, even if you intend on making them vague or uneasy to spot in the game.  This is just to make it easier on us, so that we have a better understanding of what you want to do with your character, instead of having to ask questions.

If you're already approved, we ask that you go ahead and edit your post in the Game Information thread to add an explanation about your magical abilities, if your character has them.

If you've submitted your character and are waiting approval, you don't have to resubmit the sheet.  We just ask that you add that part in when it comes time to add it to the Game Information thread.

Also, if you're approved, we do ask that you post your character in the Game Information thread.  This is so that we as GMs, and other writers, can have a bit of a reference when it comes to characters.  I will not add you to the directory, or update your claim into approved unless you've posted your approved sheet into the Game Information thread.

Thank you for reading.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Devilyn Sydhe

Quote from: EdwardShane on September 12, 2014, 10:24:00 PM
Could always have him be an ex-member of the mercenary group that my character, Rosalyn was involved in/led for a brief amount of time before its collapse?  How well they knew each other could be up for debate, but it's a possible link that could happen.

I added a small paragraph about a connection to Rosalyn and the Wolves of Steel to Khal's history.  I hope it is ok and it could definitely be expanded upon.

Quote from: Strangefate on September 12, 2014, 10:29:30 PM
If he’s going to be a pirate my character Zyrus could use some crew and a large warrior with a mean streak would fit quite well.  If you’re at all interested, feel free to PM! 

He is likely not going to become a full time pirate, but I'm thinking Khal might know most of the ship captains by trading his blade for passage aboard their ships.  I would definitely be interested in Khal working for Zyrus on occasions like raids.

Kokaine

Quote from: EdwardShane on September 12, 2014, 09:03:43 PM
Well, I was planning to NPC the person eventually if no one wanted to be the person who did it, so really I'm all right either way.  If you're open to the idea and wanting to do this though, we could certainly work the details out :)

I will PM you tomorrow and we can bounce some ideas around if you'd like. There's always other ways there could be a connection if we don't go the assassination route but it seems very much like something Serafina could have done as the Serpent.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

EdwardShane

Quote from: KalebHyde on September 13, 2014, 01:26:03 AM

I added a small paragraph about a connection to Rosalyn and the Wolves of Steel to Khal's history.  I hope it is ok and it could definitely be expanded upon.

I noticed, and it most certainly is all right!  You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the general viewpoint I had envisioned for a portion of those who had left after it was discovered that Kenrick was dead.  It worked quite well, and it might be quite interesting to see them bump into each other at some point.  ^^  My brain's a little too dead right now to think on what expansions could be made though, but you're welcome to PM me if you have any ideas or questions.

Quote from: Kokaine on September 13, 2014, 01:31:57 AM
I will PM you tomorrow and we can bounce some ideas around if you'd like. There's always other ways there could be a connection if we don't go the assassination route but it seems very much like something Serafina could have done as the Serpent.

Sure!  Sounds good to me.  ^^  I'll keep an eye out for it, though I don't know at what point I'll be able to respond.  There's going to be a lot of running around and errands tomorrow, apparently...

Also, as a note to the GMs, I made a bit of an edit to further describe Rosalyn's magical ability and its limits.  I just felt a need to make it more specific.  I think it's reasonable, but I could be wrong.  If it's too much please let me know, I am more than willing to modify as needed.  Same for if it's felt it should be boosted a little (though I doubt that such will be said :P)

Strangefate

Quote from: KalebHyde on September 13, 2014, 01:26:03 AM
He is likely not going to become a full time pirate, but I'm thinking Khal might know most of the ship captains by trading his blade for passage aboard their ships.  I would definitely be interested in Khal working for Zyrus on occasions like raids.

That’d work!  He could be someone my character hires on occasion even just when in port and feels he might need a dangerous and threatening looking guy as backup.  Zyrus prefers not to fight his own fights whenever possible, anyways.   Plus I think they have the same religion.  They can bond over their mutual love of death.  :P
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Samael Grimaldi

If anyone is interested in connections to my pit fighter, Abaddon PM me please I'd love to chat :)

Discord: Archfiend7820

Rel Mayer

I made a priestess of the true end for people who need 'guidance' or blessings >:)

Devilyn Sydhe

Flower

I would like to add Charlotte Poutrel for my second character face claim. Please and thank you.  :-)

Deamonbane

My former pit fighter and current pirate is open to connections. If anyone's interested, my PM box is always open!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."