The Shilloquiy. Prison and post apocalypse survival game.

Started by Dashenka, May 02, 2017, 05:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashenka

The Shilloquiy

The OOC

Nestled snugly in the woodlands of the north eastern United States, the Shilloquiy Correctional Facility for Women continued to operate as normal. The inmates went on about their business in the medium to low security prison. They had their problems sleeping, getting and staying sober, trying to stay out of fights or just desperately trying to blend in.

The facility had been founded by Irish settlers many many years ago and has been renovated a few times since then. It is by no means a state of the art prison but the cells and dormitories are spacious and comfortable enough. Because of the location so far from the civilised world, Shilloquiy, or Shillo, is mostly self sufficient.

On that particular evening, late october 2016, Shillo was holding 47 female inmates and, as faith happens, an unusually large occupation of staff. Europe blamed the Russians. The Russians blamed America, who in turn blamed China. Fact of the matter was that nobody knew what happened exactly or who started it. The sky over Massachusetts turned a jaw dropping orange and purple. The news broadcasted of riots in every major city and glimpses of the aftermath. Buildings on fire, looting and plundering. And Them.

At the time of the first reports, nobody knew exactly what they were but they seemed human. Normal, ordinary human beings turned into Them. Later news reported of a biological holocaust that caused human beings to go haywire. One expert explained that the virus was only transferable from human to human through direct contact and that it caused the human system to overload. These infected humans could only sustain their form for a short while before they would die. Population dropped from 7 billion to 1 billion in a week and continued to drop until there was nobody left to report.

In Shillo, the inmates were unaware of everything that happened on the outside. They had seen the news but after the power went out for a day or so the warden reported that China had been brought to its knees and that the war was over. The prison continued to operate like nothing had happened.

Unknown to the inmates, the warden and the guards had set up a grand scheme by keeping up the lie. They never went home, slept on site and had accepted their fate that they were the last humans alive. Until the powergrid had gotten off and the generator ran out of juice. With the prison now unlocked, the inmates finally can get to the truth of what has happened to the world.

This is going to be a mostly free form group game in which the GM (me) will occasionally step in to get certain events going or to get everybody back on the timeline.

Obviously I'm looking for interest from you guys. You can play female inmates, the warden, a guard or any member of staff. Keep in mind though that it's not a big facility and that the event happened at night. Meaning that a doctor or psychologist or parole officer aren't likely to be around. Unfortunately for them.

I'm also looking for realistic and interesting characters. If you decide to play a butch hardcore lesbian, be consistently butch. A shy girl should be shy, not suddenly slap the butch lesbian or grab a gun. Stuff like that. Try to keep it realistic but interesting.

FAQ

Can I play a male inmate?
No. Shilloquiy is a female facility. You are welcome to play a male member of staff.

Who are 'Them'.
Them are the humans in the short few days state between they got infected and died. The staff might have seen Them on the television but they have never seen them for real. The inmates have no idea they even existed.

What happened at the event?
I left it to be vague as it's not really relevant. It's a global biological holocaust that basically wiped out the vast majority of humanity.

The vast majority? So some people have survived?
Yes. The virus was only transferable from human contact. With such a short lifespan, isolated communities would stand a good chance to be unharmed by the virus.

How and why did the staff manage to keep up the facade?
Good question. Be creative. Let me know. Power? Ten males or so… forty females? Anything goes.

Can the Warden decide?
Up to a point yes. If you would like to play the Warden, please come up with a nice reason. At more than one interest, I will pick the best.

Will there be sex?
Well, this is Elliquible so yes. There will be sex. Probably. I can think a dozen reasons why there would be. However if you are looking for a game based on sex and with smut as the main goal, this is not your game.

What kind of game will it be then?
Survival. Exploration. Facing a whole new world after having been locked up. Establishing a sustainable community, finding other survivors. Anything goes really.

A little bit more information. Ideally I'm looking for around 5-6 people max. The reason behind this is that I want to make a group game. Meaning that I would like to keep the characters together. How they got to be together is open for debate but I don't want four or five different groups each playing out their own little game. For me a group game like that is just a lot more enjoyable than giving a setting and let everybody do their own thing. I want this to be a collaboration where every player's actions can be felt by everybody else in the group. So be considerate.

This means that the game won't be very fast paced game. I'd like to ask all of you who are interested and who eventually put down a character to post AT LEAST once or twice a week.

I have a plan B just in case this really sets off and I get a lot more interest than those 5 or 6 players I initially was looking for. So if you are number 8 or 9 to be interested, fear not. I think I got it covered :)

If you have any questions, or just want to express your interest, just drop a line. With enough interest, I'll start coming up with a character sheet.

FYI, I will be playing a female inmate.

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Wicked Emi

Interest for a female inmate. I will watch to see who is all interested ^.^

Dashenka

Aiden

Make it three!

Not sure on a concept yet, At first I was thinking a janitor (on site) or maybe a doctor who was on site and the right time and ended up in the lockdown.

yuki92

seems interesting,

i'm interested to play a female inmate.

Dashenka

That makes 4, five with me included.

Two staff, three inmates.

I'll start working on a character sheet.

Aiden, whatever works for you. Janitor I guess makes sense. Maybe a bit more than just a janitor and also a simple mechanic in case things break.

Gunner

I'd be interested in staff.  SERT Team or SERT team leader perhaps?
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition."
-Rudyard Kipling

Dashenka

CurvyKitten

tentatively interested, will watch and see if a muse develops.

Gunner

SERT/SRT.

Special Emergency Reaponse Team/Special Response Team.

They handle riots, big fights, high-risk cell extractions, stuff like that.  Generally they function as regular guards until something happens then report to a ready room, gear up & do stuff.
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition."
-Rudyard Kipling

Dashenka

Hmm there is no SERT team in Shilloquiy. The events happened too fast... Just regular guards.

It's a low security prison :D

Gunner

-Rudyard Kipling

PineTheFae

Love the concept. I would like to show interest in the Warden or a Guard.

Have a couple of ideas on how they would have made the charade of normality work and a twinkle of a character idea.

CyrusTheRed

I've got some good ideas for a guard character if the game starts up.
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

Dashenka

Character Name: Emma-Lynn Taylor
Player Name: Dashenka
Role: Prisoner

Description:

Emma was a young starting movie actress that struggled to get jobs. She was raised in relative wealth but her parents refused to let her take anything for granted. If she wanted part of their wealth, Emma had to work for it. From a few modelling jobs she quickly rolled into the movie industry, starring in a small role in a movie that became a really big hit. Thinking everything would be easy from there on, Emma was in for a shock and it took a few years before she was casted again. This movie flopped big time and young Emma was getting more and more desperate to keep up her luxury living.

After two more low paying movies she thought she had it all figured out. For the last of her acting roles, she had to travel to south America and was approached by a friend before, asking her to bring a specific suitcase. Being a smart young woman, Emma knew exactly what it was and what the risks were but travelling with a whole film crew gave her some confidence. She grew more and more confident and figured out more and more ways to get the illegal good across the border every. Everything was going well and whenever she needed some money, she made some arrangements and she got paid a hefty sum again. Even her movie career was going better. She had starred in two movies, both were a success and she was about to sign for a movie, playing against a star cast in a DC Comics movie when it all went horribly wrong.

One of her shipments had been intercepted and traced back to her house. The package would only stay at her apartment for a few hours before it was being picked up but the police and almost every letter in the alphabet had been tracking it. When the guy arrived to pick up the package, they struck gold. A grand total of twenty four people were arrested and charged and Emma was one of them. At first she denied everything, saying she had no idea what was in the packages but as more and more proof was shown to her, she felt the web closing around her. The final charges were importing and exporting illegal substances in high enough quantities to warrant a jail sentence. Eventually she pleaded guilty and was charged to spend 6 years in prison. The movie role was cancelled and given to some British model who had turned actress and most of her possessions had been ceased.

Her family, afraid their reputation would be smudged by Emma, disowed her and never visited her in prison once.

Now Emma has made peace with the fact that she is spending significant time in The Shilloquiy and has done everything to make as many friends as possible to lead as much as a luxurious life as possible in prison.

Dashenka

Okay let's see what you guys can come up with in terms of interesting characters :D

Please use the code below and post the character in this thread.

Maybe needless to say but try to keep the character realistic. No Superman or GI Janes please.

[float=right][img height=300]Image link [/img][/float]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]

Aiden

Character Name: Raimundo “Old Ray” Torres
Player Name: Aiden
Role: Custodian

Description:

Old Ray didn’t get his name from working at the prison for decades, he was simply old when he joined the custodial team. He doesn’t talk a lot, at least he isn’t supposed to with the inmates. The few guards (and inmates) that bother to chat with him, learn he is a pretty friendly guy with a calm, some call “wise” manner to him.

Here is what is known of him and his past. He came out of retirement after his wife passed away a few years ago. His children are all grown with lives of their own. While he considers himself close to his family, it is pretty clear his wife was the glue that kept them all together.

Ray is a big fan of rebuilding cars and collecting old vintage gas pumps and signs. He was in the Army reserve but never saw combat nor has been deployed. He is relatively spry for an older man and pretty sharp.

Gunner

Character Name: Eric Wright
Player Name: Gunner
Role: Shift Leader

Description:

Eric identifies as a Texan (despite being born in North Dakota), and has the barest hint of the accent.  He was an Air Force brat, his dad doing twenty years as an officer, moving around every few years, although they always seemed to end up back in Texas.  Eric had always loved the outdoors, one of many things his father imparted to him, something he fostered through Boy Scouts, making it to Eagle.  Another thing he gave Eric was an enthusiasm for shooting sports.  Eric enrolled in JROTC in high school, ROTC for a few semesters of community college before dropping college and enlisting in the Army.  He served five years in the infantry, with two year-long deployments to Iraq.

When he returned from the second deployment, thirteen months living on a small FOB in the middle of the desert, he was burnt out.  He didn't reenlist, instead returning to Texas & going back to college, as well as a stint in the state national guard which was entirely unremarkable.  He achieved a bachelor's degree in criminal justice with a 3.72 GPA, and started work as C.O. at the Bexar County Jail, the third largest jail in the country.  During college, his loves of camping & backpacking, along with certain army mindsets & ideas, caused him to start getting interested in 'prepping' which he dabbled in varying levels before committing halfway through college.  After a year at Bexar County Jail, he left for an unspecified reason, transferring to SCFW.  After another year, he was promoted to night shift leader, a position he's held for about six months now.

Eric is smart, very competent and fit, despite a training injury from the Army.  He is very by-the-book, and can often seem a little intense or tightly-wound.  He is respectful with the inmates but consciously keeps a personal and emotional distance.  He is single, and rarely ends up in relationships.  With coworkers a bit less so.  He's generally well liked by the other C.O.s, despite being a bit of a stickler for protocol, he is known for being fair & reasonable but also principled.  He runs a pre-shift briefing every day before the shift begins, laying out any developing issues, inmate reports, BOLOs, etc.
-Rudyard Kipling

CurvyKitten

Character Name:Rose (Mama Rose) Duritt
Player Name:Curvykitten
Role:Inmate

Description:
Rose Duritt lived a good life, her family based in NYC. She wasn't high class, but as years passed it was clear she could play the part rather well. As a teenager, she'd hit the clubs with a fake ID and never paid for a drink. She loved the finer things in life and intended to get them. Learning earlier on that using her womanly wiles got her nearly everything she wanted.

Rose thought she met the man of her meeting Dominic Duritt. He was a man of means and he loved to show her off and spoil her while doing it. She felt loved, than again every 25 year old thought they were loved when being woe by an older man. So when he asked her to marry him she couldn't help but say yes. It was after all her dream...right?

That dream soon became something very different. Rose found Dominic was involved with the local mob. He was their money man, and he was good at what he did. Rose played dumb, and was smart to keep her head down. But as the years passed who Dominic was as a man was revealed. He became violent, taking out his frustration out on her. Treating her as less of a woman because she had trouble getting pregnant. He began cheating on her, and she tried to ignore it. After all, at the time Rose believed she'd be nothing without him.

Tension grew between them, and Dominic began an angry greedy man. He believed he deserved any and everything. And after he had beaten Rose badly enough to lose the child she had finally been able to become pregnant with he would get just that. After all, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. She told his bosses that he was skimming off the top. Showed them the proof and only asked for one thing. To keep what belonged to her, and to be the one to kill Dominic. And his bosses happily agreed, they just didn't expect to have a snitch in their mists.

Rose wasn't surprised when the police came to arrest her. In truth part of her knew that killing her husband would be the last thing she did while free. Rose was offered the chance to make a deal, but refused it. She had  the crime, and didn't regret it in the least. She was no longer that desperate gullible young woman. Rose Duritt was so much more, and she wasn't about to fall back and loose that.

Once in jail Rose quickly challenged the status que, and gained a reputation of being one tough mama. She also became the go to lady for anything you wanted brought into the prison. It seemed she had gained some respect back home, and the old family she left behind backs her up now. Now known as Mama Rose no one messed with her girls, and even in a place where no one seemed to have power, she managed to scrap together her fair share of it.

Character Name:Brenna McDowell
Player Name:Curvykitten
Role:Inmate

Description:
Brenna was always a wild kid, her mother a drug addict and her father a hopeless drunk left her to raise herself for the most part. She learned long ago that if someone wanted or needed something they had to take it. It was either that or you ended up starving. So it was no surprise that Brenna became a street thief and all around punk.

It all started as petty theft, and seemingly harmless fun. Hell despite her rough and wild ways she even managed to graduate high school with impressive grades. Turned out she was a pretty smart kid, she was just one that believed she had nothing else going for her. At 18 she was free of her family, school, and tossed on the streets by her father. Brenna had two choices, one be another victim of an old over told story, or find something find another way to live.

So she joined the military, shipped out less than a month later. The following years she trained hard and played even harder. She was known for her anger issues, and at 25 it got the better of her. She fought with her CO and got from the military for it. Again on Brenna had nothing, as she never did save any money.

Returning home Brenna met up with old friends and found they were just as much trouble as they used to be. It seemed they had a plan to rob a bank, and were more than happy to let Brenna in on them. Finding that going straight got her nowhere, Brenna decided to go back to what worked. Unfortunately she  signed up with a crew that didn't have the best set of skills. And things went bad, people were shot and in the end she was arrested and sent to jail.

PineTheFae

Character Name: Elizabeth Weaver
Player Name: PineTheFae
Role: Warden

Description: For as long as she could remember, Elizabeth had intended to be someone that helped others. Once there was a time when her friends would come to her when they needed advice or just someone to listen to. In lieu of after school activities she would spend time volunteering wherever she could. With good grades and such a reliable reputation she was well on her way to a good start on life.

Her plans all changed after her older sister Natalie had a run in with the law. Elizabeth was in her final year of high school when it happened, while she had been out feeding the homeless, her sister had been caught selling them drugs. Possessing well over an ounce of cocaine with clear evidence of distribution, not to mention refusing to turn in her source, the courts did not treat Natalie kindly. Their parents wept and moaned but did nothing to help her, counting their blessing that at least one of their children would turn out better.

Despite everything, Elizabeth still loved her sister dearly, ignoring the pestering of their parents she wrote to Natalie often. Once she had a car of her own she made the long drive so she could visit her sister in person. Upon arriving she was horrified and disgusted by the conditions in which her sister was kept. The guards were animals, there were more health violations then she could count, and the administration couldn’t have cared less about any of it. It wasn’t long after that fateful trip that Elizabeth decided to get involved, confident that she could make a difference.

With a considerable amount of smooth talking and the support of her school guidance officials she managed to change her career path right before graduation. Her communication skills later paid off again when she was able to start working part time as a probation officer, working seemingly endless days to help her clients stay out of jail while taking college courses at night. After years of dedicated work she finally completed her degree in Justice Administration, enabling her to dive into her work full time for the better part of ten years.

Her values for compassion, education, and rehabilitation over punishment with glowing recommendations from all her employers later earned her the position of Warden. Even though the bureaucracy of prison life weighs heavy on her, Elizabeth nevertheless works tirelessly to ensure that her girls are treated firmly, but fairly. She maintains an open door policy as much as possible, anyone entering her office is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their position. If anyone was found to have a useful skill she tried to make sure they were utilized as teachers and leaders, hoping to empower the ladies to form healthy communities within the prison walls. Not to mention the money it saved on their ever limiting budget.

Elizabeth never had the time to form a serious romantic relationship, it was difficult to find a partner who could match her passions and understand her busy schedule. Instead she preferred to focus on her work, helping the woman here had been her most satisfying accomplishment and she wouldn’t give that up lightly. Rather than try for a home life, she takes pride in her staff and treats them as her surrogate family, trusting them to get through each day doing the best they can. However, anyone who betrayed that trust could expect her kindness and their jobs to evaporate quite quickly.

As for her blood family, Elizabeth still keeps in touch with her sister, though these days Natalie jokes that they are both prisoners of the system now. Elizabeth dismisses these statements when they are made, but during the long midnight hours amongst mountains of paperwork she can’t help but feel like her sister might be right. Especially once the real trouble began.

CyrusTheRed

The numbers seem to be leaning toward officers rather than inmates, so I made a sheet for both just let me know what you guys think will work better (or I could play both probably).

Character Name: Henry Carston
Player Name: CyrusTheRed
Role: Late Shift Block Guard

Description: Henry's life has been defined by one all consuming passion since his youngest memories- music. The son of professional musicians grew up surrounded by sound and the creative process. Even the earliest photos of his childhood typically included a drum stick or violin bow in hand. As time went on his exploration of the art grew and by the time he was a rebellious teenager he was widely considered one of the best guitar players in all of New England. Sadly fate had other plans for young Henry as a tragic bus accident one snowy night five years ago left his left arm crippled and his two best friends dead. Distraught at the loss Henry floated away from his love of playing music and began working as a bouncer at the toughest bars on the East Coast. It was then he learned of a another talent kept dormant all these years- he was damn good in a fight, and it didn't hurt that his high strength prosthetic arm served excellently as both club and shield. In time he recognized his taste for violence only served to deepen his pain and elected to apply for a position with the CCA becoming a Prison Guard.

Henry is outwardly kind and helpful to those around him but subtly hides a deep dark pain that is reflected in his humors and his fist. While not slovenly, he cares little for formality and protocol and often arrives minutes late and disheveled. In his time at Shilloquiy Henry has developed a reputation and even a nickname among the inmates- "Two-Face Hank" a testament to his tempers treating orderly prisoners like his little sisters one moment, and dispatching the disorderly ones to the infirmary the next, typically with a broken bone or two, never showing an ounce of remorse for striking a woman. Sometimes late at night the simple sounds of a strumming guitar filling the prisoners cells with soft lulling music seeming to echo outward from the Block Watch room but none dare ask about it.

Character Name: Alice Jackson
Player Name: CyrusTheRed
Role: Inmate #00321-359

Description: Alice was primed and primmed from birth to become a future pillar of her small community of Little Falls, Vermont. She and her younger twin sister were the prided daughters of one of the town's most prestigious families, their father a well respected lawyer. Alice seemed to thrive under the pressure of her family's expectations slowly forming into the diamond they seeked. Her sister Claire however never seemed to like the fit and infact seemed to enjoy rebelling against her family's expectation. For every recital and A+ report card Alice brought home, her sister seemed to do the opposite willfully failing. And while there was no lost love between the sisters who were best friends since they could speak, the same could not be said for Claire and her parents.

As the years moved on Alice went to college seeking a degree in Criminal Justice before applying for a position as a patrol officer in New York City. A few years  excitement on the force in the big city was just what she felt she needed before returning home where she hoped to one day become Sheriff of Little Falls and finally take her place in life. While she saw many rancid and horrible things in service to New York City she could never have guessed the real terror lay back home. Alice was a week away approaching her two year anniversary with the NYPD, just long enough for the "Rookie", "Kid", "Punk", and "Newbie" talk had finally started to die off and for the other officers to plan a night at the local bar to celebrate. However that night she received the emotionless phone call from her father- "You're sister has been murdered, they already have the suspect in custody. You can come home if you'd like but I'm taking care of everything already. We understand if you don't want to miss work."

Never before had she felt such a rage at her parents as when she boarded the short flight home. She would learn shortly that the man who had ruthlessly beaten and strangled her sister to death with a leather belt before bragging about it to his friends later in the night was in fact Michael Cox the son of Mayor Cox  of Little Falls. A bar patron had overheard him confess to the killing in a bar several hours after the killing and reported it. The murderer Michael had been dating Claire off and on since high school and Alice knew from a young age he'd been abusing drugs and alcohol. Still with a witness to his confession, Alice put her faith in the law and stayed in Vermont through the entire trial process. The first blow had been when police failed to get corroborating statements from his friends that were at the bar that night- not one spoke out against him. Secondly the towns coroner testified that Claire's strangulation could have possibly been self inflicted using the belt and door knob following an obvious marital confrontation with Michael. He admitted to striking Claire on occasion but pleaded innocent of killing her. Alice strained as she watched from the gallery, out of jurisdiction and unable to intervene.  Her father was barred from taking place in the trail as it was an obvious conflict of interest, not that he would have likely done anything anyway Alice reminded herself. And so even with nothing more than the town public defender at his side Michael was found not guilty on the charge of murder but guilty of Assault and Battery and sentenced to one year of house arrest for the obvious spousal abuse marks on Claire's body. And just like that... he walked.

Alice above anyone else knew and loved her sister. She knew of Michael's history, even having personal interactions with him during high school. She knew he was guilty, and she knew the city leaders had done their best to cover it up. It wasn't hard at that point to make up her mind what she should do next. Alice prepared a carefully worded resignation to the NYPD that she would not be returning to duty and thanked them for her opportunity to serve. Borrowing the car of her beloved sister Alice then dropped off the map for nearly a month. Police would later find a chain of emails back and forth between Michael and an anonymous email address that would be traced back to Alice's laptop- providing detailed instructions of how to trick a home monitor bracelet into letting you slip off without notice. A month after Alice had last been seen, Michael Cox slipped discretely into a local whorehouse on the edge of town only to be followed though the door by a bereaved sister. Witnesses described a horrifying scene of blood and gore, detailing the persistent awful pain Alice put the man through for nearly an hour until police arrived. When they did there was little left to identify the remains of Michael Cox as Alice sat peacefully nearby covered head to toe in blood where she was arrested without incident.

Five years on Alice has done her best to make good on her life as an inmate. She was fortunate after all, during the grizzly aftermath and trial the NYPD as well as other good standing members of the Little Falls community came rallying to her defense, including her father who poured almost his entire life's resources into fighting Alice's charge. Alice admitted to the slaying in full, saying that even in her deranged grief she knew what she was doing and felt no remorse for it even now. Alice was charged and sentenced to twenty years with a possibility of parole in ten- a gift in lieu of her service to the city of New York. She now tries to occupy her days with gardening and study, still set on improving herself every day and never missing a morning of daily physical training that she learned working the mean streets of New York City.
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

Wicked Emi

Character removed: I will be dropping this. I just lost interest.

Gunner

Perhaps we could get an OOC up so we could begin conversating?
-Rudyard Kipling

Dashenka

Yeah I will do that in the morning :)

Been a busy day here :P