Lupravia - 5th ed D&D adventures in the Gothic realm

Started by LisztesFerenc, October 06, 2016, 09:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

...I must be frickin' blind >.<

We have Warlock, Cleric, Ranger/Rogue so far, right?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Relikai

Varian Althurin
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Ranger
Background: Folk Hero

Biography

Orphaned at a young age after a brutal goblin attack, Varian was guided by a human ranger who hunted wildlife and to a lesser extent, Goblins. Trained to use with bow and weapons, Varian picked up several languages crucial to survival in Lupravia. As an hunter, Varian picked up the art of stealth and working with nature. His senses were honed to an extraordinary level, enabling him a variety of skills crucial to survival in the wild, and aiding others on the road.

Varian joined the Zrillie for a moment of time, serving in their extermination campaign of Goblins. Because of his proficiency in infiltration, Varian learned their language, being able to draw them out into the open before assassinating them or providing support for the Zrillie involved.

However, the life of an exterminator was not what Varian sought. Although he performed with distinction, Varian announced his resignation with honours as he left the employ of the Zrillie, seeking to strike out on his own, or with a party for some serious adventuring.

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on October 16, 2016, 07:02:37 AMTiefling is obviously problematic but possible, elf or half-elf are both equally viable. For classes, monk or rogue may fit best based on the other classes. Monk will need to come from abroad. So the easiest would be half-elf or elf rogue, but monks works too.
Okay, so I'm thinking half-elf rogue then.  Would the Inheritor background be acceptable?  It comes from the Sword Coast Adventurer's guide.  I'm thinking a tattoo of some kind, or a piece of jewelry if that isn't viable.

Nathan Ordwald
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Rogue
Background: Inheritor

Biography
Nathan was born in the northern reaches of Lupravia, in the village of Matton where he lead a modest life.  The son of a local tavern girl, Kathrine Ordwald, who the locals suspect was seduced by a passing itinerant who's identity she's never revealed, Nathan grew up more carefree than most of his peers thanks to anonymous donations his mother kept getting to support him.  A bit more headstrong than most, he failed to show proper respect to a passing nobleman during one of their generational visits by questioning what appeared unwanted advances of a girl in the village.  The man promptly had his guards beat him within an inch of his life.

Since then, Nathan mood darkened somewhat and he was constantly getting into fights with those others who disliked him and constantly reminded him of the humiliation.  Sometimes he'd win by luck, more often he'd get beaten and left in the mud.  On bad days, he'd leave to go wandering in the nearby woods, sometimes for introspection and other times in hopes of connecting with his elven side which he was always curious about.  It was during one of his forays that he met and befriended a foraging goblin, Shaswalla.  From then, he began to spend more time out of the village with his new friend, who taught him many things, including the goblin way of fighting - speed, agility, and cunning.

With his ability to win fights, and thus able to restore his dignity with his own hands, Nathan began to gain confidence in himself once again.

Growing up, Nathan worked odd jobs where he could, fleecing rich traveler's for what they were worth.  He' generally played up the image of the charming rogue in hopes of catching the eye of the next passing Skirith noble girl, and has tried to distance himself from his more rambunctious days when he was constantly get in fights; if nothing else, he would like to provide his mother with a better living than what she can get from a poorly paying job that will undoubtedly push her off when she can no longer perform her duties, or her beauty finally fades away.  Whilst he waits, he keeps his ears open for some get-rich-quick scheme that he thinks has a reasonable chance of success as he travels between settlements whilst performing more reputable business.
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

AndyZ

While I appreciate that I was left a spot, all the ideas I've thrown together so far are pretty crappy.  I better say so now so that you can find someone to replace me.  My apologies.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Relikai

Quote from: AndyZ on October 17, 2016, 06:16:31 AM
While I appreciate that I was left a spot, all the ideas I've thrown together so far are pretty crappy.  I better say so now so that you can find someone to replace me.  My apologies.

I'd say there aren't any 'crappy' concepts man. Would love to see the development from a rough char throughout the RP  :-)

AndyZ

Maybe.  I'll wait a day and see if someone else wants the slot, otherwise I'll see what I can do.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: AndyZ on October 17, 2016, 07:15:28 AM
Maybe.  I'll wait a day and see if someone else wants the slot, otherwise I'll see what I can do.

would it make you feel better if I said that I submitted a concept through PM, only to find after people started talking on here that the same concept (which I won't say aloud) was then repeated twice?  Made me feel rather unoriginal.

AndyZ

Yeah, overall creativity isn't the issue.  I've been working on a game that has been going very nicely but takes up inordinate amounts of my focus and creative juices.  It just doesn't seem to leave me much elsewhere for things like this.

Zaer Darkwail

Perhaps for fun you dice roll everything; gender, race, use name generator and then roll for personality/goals from background which you think fits best for a figther/tanky class you pick up. Then from NPC chart roll any quirks or features to the char.

Overall a RNG generated PC :)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: AndyZ on October 17, 2016, 07:34:25 AM
Yeah, overall creativity isn't the issue.  I've been working on a game that has been going very nicely but takes up inordinate amounts of my focus and creative juices.  It just doesn't seem to leave me much elsewhere for things like this.

Admittedly my concept was half stolen from a movie, and half used from another D&D game that died.

Saw all those 'paladin/fighter/warlock' ideas?  I went with a Tiefling Paladin who had the 'hellboy' treatment... horns shaved down, raised by the church to make up for his misdeeds, with just enough Warlock to make it seem like it's his heritage instead of any sort of pacts.

AndyZ

Come to think of it, what are the deities for paladins on this?

Relikai

Quote from: Arcannyx on October 17, 2016, 08:09:08 AM
Admittedly my concept was half stolen from a movie, and half used from another D&D game that died.

Saw all those 'paladin/fighter/warlock' ideas?  I went with a Tiefling Paladin who had the 'hellboy' treatment... horns shaved down, raised by the church to make up for his misdeeds, with just enough Warlock to make it seem like it's his heritage instead of any sort of pacts.

For me its just a level 15 character estimation for my Hoard-Tiamat games, as well as Princes of the Apocalypse. I was going to use that for my Curse of Stradh but I had no time to attend the session thanks to school and work.

The concept was a nature loving human who was brought up by a ranger (Montolio+Drizzt Style), met Silvanus as her Paladin Deity, and followed a cadet under him (Lurue) to guide her in the ways of the fey.

In game mechanics its a Dual-Wielding Paladin who could use spells and Eldritch Blast, after my debut into D&D left me silent with a Halbardier, unable to reach flying buggers or use a speck of magic.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: AndyZ on October 17, 2016, 08:11:10 AM
Come to think of it, what are the deities for paladins on this?

LF said he'd work with slipping some into the worlds.  I went with Tyr from Faerun.  We kind of went through a list and tried to decide which would feel proper.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Relikai on October 17, 2016, 08:18:56 AM

In game mechanics its a Dual-Wielding Paladin who could use spells and Eldritch Blast, after my debut into D&D left me silent with a Halbardier, unable to reach flying buggers or use a speck of magic.

Mine was from a game that didn't make it past level 4 originally.  But it was basically Pact of the Sword and Eldritch Blast and nothing else really, on a holy tank.

TheLaughingOne

Hey there, peeking over info it all reads awesome, and am left wondering if you have slots open..?
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

AndyZ

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on October 18, 2016, 02:25:45 AM
Hey there, peeking over info it all reads awesome, and am left wondering if you have slots open..?

There's a spot for Tank.  I was going to grab it but my creativity is being lazy.

TheLaughingOne

Oohh.. and i gotta good idea for a pally of unstandard, bit good tank, make..
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

LisztesFerenc

Okay, looks like we have a nice 2nd group shaping up. Still working on TheLaughingOne's character. Sorry it didn't work out AndyZ.

Nathan - Inheritor background is fine, and it can be a tattoo. Probably some strange arcane writings, unless you had a different idea?

Varian - So your character worked for the Zrillie, but was never actually a member? That's cool, he's probably have a token of service then, a silver amulet or bracelet. Presenting it will give you advantage on persuasion checks vs. Zrillie.

Claudia - The lore on the Vornstein works. There's about 100 noble families in Lupravia, the four I mentioned are just the major ones, so a 5th one that was once great but has since crumbled is fine.

Snake's warlock is finished I think?

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on October 20, 2016, 12:58:45 AMNathan - Inheritor background is fine, and it can be a tattoo. Probably some strange arcane writings, unless you had a different idea?
Arcane-type tattoos works fine by me.  Is there any type of thoughts it evokes from Nathan as to its origin?  (for some reason, dragonmarks just popped in my head, lol)
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

Zaer Darkwail

Nice that Claudia's noble family background works (was not sure was there any other noble families besides those four but nice know there is sort lesser nobility around, Claudia's case it was once among the great four/five but it fell over time to lesser family).

AndyZ

Nobody's fault but mine.  I hope you all have fun ^_^

LisztesFerenc

LuckyLukin

Are there still slots open?

I'd like to see about playing in this 5e campaign. Thinking about possibly creating a wood-elf rogue or a high-elf cleric. Clerics end up playing well for me. :)