The Maiden Voyage of RMS Mystic (CLOSED for Recruiting)

Started by Zillah, March 03, 2013, 11:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Secretwriter

Quote from: Chrystal on March 06, 2013, 01:50:57 PM
By creating a bi character who is sub and is taken by a jealous man!

I made her bisexual and unmarried for you and Zillah. And there might be a few people that I get to know better during the game. So I actually wasn't mean, I was being generous ;)  The possessive part will be fun between Nim and I xD

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Secretwriter

Quote from: Zillah on March 06, 2013, 02:26:04 PM
Good thought, Chrystal - I've updated the template accordingly. The OOC Thread (which I'm currently writing) will also feature the updated template, and feature guidelines for how pictures should be formatted in all game posts.

And the dome-shaped "flapper hat" is a cloche hat. :)

LOL I read that as 'douche' hat as the page loaded my reply. I sat here and thought 'and yet so many wear those invisibly these days!' lol. It just happened to catch my eye as the page flipped xD

I saw a picture of my grandmother from the 30's wearing the 20's styles, I can't remember if she had a hat on or not, I don't believe she did, but I remember thinking 'Damn. She looks like a drag queen with that strong jaw. Bad angle!'

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Chreestafer

Hey zillah im gonna go ahead and chose to be the trimmer of the ship so ill be seeing irish wolf a lot to begin with.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Zillah

Oh, there's at least two dozen trimmers aboard the Mystic, if not more. But he can certainly be a part of that crew.

Here's the job description of a trimmer.

Looking forward to seeing the revised sheet when it's completed.

zenpai

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Arthur C. Thomson III 
Position: First Officer
Sexual Preferences: Dominant, straight
Personality: Hard worker(when he has to.), Kindhearted(but not a pushover), loyal (once you earned his loyalty),Drinker(never drink when on duty), Womanizer( If he got the chance he would have have sex with ever women in sight. He tents to lose focus when there a a good chances he would get laid.),  laid back leader (he won't forced anyone to do anything unless he has to.)
Background: Arthur III was born to a family of well off English sailors. He was a bastard child of  Arthur II  and a young liven maid. The maid was forced to leave shortly after giving birth.  Arthur III was never told his birth mothers name. Elisabeth Thomson was the woman wow raise him as her own son.  Arthur III was the baby out of seven children with him being the one boy.  His grandfather Arthur I, the Ex naval sailor taught him about sailing at a young age.  Arthur III joined the royal navy at the age of eighteen and spent most of his life sailing. He retired from the royal navy after the end of the war.  Arthur III has a five year old daughter (Elisa), by the love of his life (Freya). Arthur III and Freya been together for over six years. She refuse to merry him until he no longer has has sex with other. Regardless of this fact Arthur III treats her like his wife. His daughter has no clue her parent are not married. Arthur never brings other women around his daughter. He took the first officer job on the Mystic to get one last chance at living like a single man. His plan for after the trip is to settle down for good.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Branwen

There may be, probably are, errors in this.  Please PM them to me and include Mystic in the Subject so I know I won't miss them.  Suggestions to improve the table are welcome.  However, be aware we only have a limited amount of screen width to work with and wrapping cells does not seem to be an option.  If you know a lot about BBCode, please feel free to be our expert. :)  Pictures are clickable.

CharacterPortraitStatusSexualityProfessionPlayer
Gareth Sinclair

Crew

Heterosexual   

CaptainZillah
Maggie Delaney

First Class Passenger
BisexualZillah
Clifford Thomson

First Class Passenger HeterosexualBOI Special AgentEbb
Catherine Evelyn Porter
First Class PassengerBisexualActressxSnorkleRainbow
Walter SmithSteerage PassengerHeterosexualSub-Divisional Inspector (Ret.)   Question Mark
Cora PerkinsFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualIndependently Wealthybubby
Lady Abigail Maria EvenwoodFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualOld MoneyAlysanthia
Francis MacNamaraCrewHeterosexualStoker / ForemanIrishWolf
Holly SternCrewHeterosexualWaitressCarnivorousBunny
Bellinda OakfieldFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualOld MoneyMiva
Chase DunhamFirst Class PassengerHomosexualBusinessmanRyven
Clarisse BlockFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualActressHaibane
Shannon Elizabeth McPheeCrewHomosexualMaidBranwen
Armando d'ElarioFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualNobleVonDoom
Jordan CobblestoneFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualBusinessmanNim
Yvonne ChabatFirst Class PassengerHomosexualHeiressChrystal
Mary Agnes HawthorneFirst Class PassengerBisexualActressSecretwriter
Clyde BishopCrewBicuriousTrimmerChreestafer
Artemis fforbes-Hamilton   First Class Passenger   HeterosexualOld MoneyAmor
Arthur C. Thomson IIICrewHeterosexualFirst Officerzenpai

Question Mark

Alysanthia

Quote from: Branwen on March 06, 2013, 05:49:30 PM
There may be, probably are, errors in this.  Please PM them to me and include Mystic in the Subject so I know I won't miss them.  Suggestions to improve the table are welcome.  However, be aware we only have a limited amount of screen width to work with and wrapping cells does not seem to be an option.  If you know a lot about BBCode, please feel free to be our expert. :)  Pictures are clickable.

CharacterPortraitStatusSexualityProfessionPlayer
Gareth Sinclair

Crew

Heterosexual   

CaptainZillah
Maggie Delaney

First Class Passenger
BisexualZillah
Clifford Thomson

First Class Passenger HeterosexualBOI Special AgentEbb
Catherine Evelyn Porter
First Class PassengerBisexualActressxSnorkleRainbow
Walter SmithSteerage PassengerHeterosexualSub-Divisional Inspector (Ret.)   Question Mark
Cora PerkinsFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualIndependently Wealthybubby
Lady Abigail Maria EvenwoodFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualOld MoneyAlysanthia
Francis MacNamaraCrewHeterosexualStoker / ForemanIrishWolf
Holly SternCrewHeterosexualWaitressCarnivorousBunny
Bellinda OakfieldFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualOld MoneyMiva
Chase DunhamFirst Class PassengerHomosexualBusinessmanRyven
Clarisse BlockFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualActressHaibane
Shannon Elizabeth McPheeCrewHomosexualMaidBranwen
Armando d'ElarioFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualNobleVonDoom
Jordan CobblestoneFirst Class PassengerHeterosexualBusinessmanNim
Yvonne ChabatFirst Class PassengerHomosexualHeiressChrystal
Mary Agnes HawthorneFirst Class PassengerBisexualActressSecretwriter
Clyde BishopCrewBicuriousTrimmerChreestafer
Artemis Forbes-Hamilton   First Class Passenger   HeterosexualOld MoneyAmor
Arthur C. Thomson IIICrewHeterosexualFirst Officerzenpai

That looks awesome Branwen!

Secretwriter

That totally does rock, Branwen.

I just noticed a Shannon Elizabeth McPhee. I'm having nerdgasms due to movie references and actress names. For some reason, I now picture Nanny McPhee holding a warm apple pie...

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Zillah

Quote from: zenpai on March 06, 2013, 05:20:13 PM
Position: First Officer
Personality: Hard worker(when he has to.), Kindhearted(but not a pushover), loyal (once you earned his loyalty),Drinker(never drink when on duty), Womanizer( If he got the chance he would have have sex with ever women in sight. He tents to lose focus when there a a good chances he would get laid.),  laid back leader (he won't forced anyone to do anything unless he has to.)
Background: Arthur III was born to a family of well off English sailors. He was a bastard child of  Arthur II  and a young liven maid. The maid was forced to leave shortly after giving birth.  Arthur III was never told his birth mothers name. Elisabeth Thomson was the woman wow raise him as her own son.  Arthur III was the baby out of seven children with him being the one boy.  His grandfather Arthur I, the Ex naval sailor taught him about sailing at a young age.  Arthur III joined the royal navy at the age of eighteen and spent most of his life sailing. He retired from the royal navy after the end of the war.  Arthur III has a five year old daughter (Elisa), by the love of his life (Freya). Arthur III and Freya been together for over six years. She refuse to merry him until he no longer has has sex with other. Regardless of this fact Arthur III treats her like his wife. His daughter has no clue her parent are not married. Arthur never brings other women around his daughter. He took the first officer job on the Mystic to get one last chance at living like a single man. His plan for after the trip is to settle down for good.

Hi zenpal,

This, unfortunately, is going to need some significant revisions. A first officer would be expected to behave like perfect gentlemen while at sea and on duty - perhaps he could be a womanizer while in port, but not while aboard the Mystic. Considering how high profile the maiden voyage of the Mystic is as well, the crew selected would've been one expected to behave beyond reproach. You make him sound like he's planning on having sec with every woman in First Class - perhaps he could get away with seducing a naive, beautiful lady, but a First Officer trying to sleep with lots of women would get tossed in the brig by the Captain without a moment's hesitation.

Also, he's accepted the rather prestigious position of First Officer aboard what's to be the flagship of the White Star Line ... and he's going to retire after the first voyage?? That really doesn't make sense.

And I'm not understanding the part where he's spent his whole life at sea, but retired from the Royal Navy nearly 10 years ago. What's he been doing in that time? Has he been working aboard other ocean liners? Freight ships? Where?

I can't accept this character the way it is. He either needs significant personality and background changes  if he's to be an officer, or he most likely needs to be a passenger if you wish to retain parts of the basic concept. I'm very sorry, but the way the character is right now, I can't approve it.

Amor

Amazing work Branwen!

At the risk of seeming incredibly nitpicky... my character's surname is fforbes-Hamilton (two small case /f/s). It's one of those English eccentricities - anybody interested can learn more about them here.  ;D
Click here for my O/O list & current games.
"The things that make us happy make us wise." John Crowley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpEesx_KyjM

Zillah

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 06, 2013, 05:58:31 PM

Indeed it does! :)

Branwen, this is fantastic - thanks again so very much for putting this together!

zenpai

i have an idea could his family own or be co owner of the mistic. i want to make it to were i will do the least amount editing

Branwen

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 06, 2013, 05:58:31 PM

Thank you.  Suggestions to improve are always welcome.

Quote from: Secretwriter on March 06, 2013, 06:01:11 PM
That totally does rock, Branwen.

I just noticed a Shannon Elizabeth McPhee. I'm having nerdgasms due to movie references and actress names. For some reason, I now picture Nanny McPhee holding a warm apple pie...

Thank you.

Quote from: Amor on March 06, 2013, 06:03:14 PM
Amazing work Branwen!

At the risk of seeming incredibly nitpicky... my character's surname is fforbes-Hamilton (two small case /f/s). It's one of those English eccentricities - anybody interested can learn more about them here.  ;D

Thank you.  Correction made.  I was unaware of the fforbes and will have to look at your link.

Quote from: Zillah on March 06, 2013, 06:04:52 PM
Indeed it does! :)

Branwen, this is fantastic - thanks again so very much for putting this together!

Thank you and you're welcome.  Thank you for allowing me in.

zenpai

revised verson

Position: First Class Passenger  heir
Personality: Hard worker(when he has to.), Kindhearted(but not a pushover), loyal (once you earned his loyalty),Drinker(never drink around his child), Womanizer( If he got the chance he would have have sex with ever women in sight. He tents to lose focus when there a a good chances he would get laid.),  laid back leader (he won't forced anyone to do anything unless he has to.)
Background: Arthur III was born to a family of well off English import/export tycoons. He was a bastard child of  Arthur II  and a young liven maid. The maid was forced to leave shortly after giving birth.  Arthur III was never told his birth mothers name. Elisabeth Thomson was the woman wow raise him as her own son.  Arthur III was the baby out of seven children with him being the one boy.  His grandfather Arthur I, was an ex naval sailor that used all military contracts to become a tycoon. Taught about sailing at a young age. Arthur III  as forced to join royal navy or be disowned at the age of eighteen. During the war he brought his way out of combat. He retired from the royal navy after the end of his tour. he's spent the last few years "working" with his family business. His working was nothing more than sitting in meeting all day and parting all night. Arthur III has a five year old daughter (Elisa), by the love of his life (Freya). Arthur III and Freya been together for over six years. She refuse to merry him until he no longer has sex with other women. Regardless of this fact Arthur III treats her like his wife. His daughter has no clue her parent are not married. Arthur never brings other women around his daughter. He is on the Mystic to get one last chance at living like a single man. His plan for after the trip is to settle down for good.

Zillah

Quote from: zenpai on March 06, 2013, 06:11:53 PM
i have an idea could his family own or be co owner of the mistic. i want to make it to were i will do the least amount editing

Put simply, that's not going to happen, and is even less plausible than your initial concept.

As noted in the first post of this thread, the Mystic is owned by the White Star Line, which has a Board of Directors. This is the part of the RP that's based in historical fact. Having him be an "owner's son" is simply out of the question.

If you're serious about submitting a workable character concept for approval in this RP, please look over the feedback that's already been provided to you, as well as some of the characters that have already been approved. I'm trying to be somewhat flexible in allowing a variety of character concepts, but all concepts need to at least be plausible within the framework of the provided game guidelines. Unfortunately, the ideas you've provided so far don't meet that standard.

Zillah

Quote from: zenpai on March 06, 2013, 07:12:39 PM
revised verson

Position: First Class Passenger  heir
Personality: Hard worker(when he has to.), Kindhearted(but not a pushover), loyal (once you earned his loyalty),Drinker(never drink around his child), Womanizer( If he got the chance he would have have sex with ever women in sight. He tents to lose focus when there a a good chances he would get laid.),  laid back leader (he won't forced anyone to do anything unless he has to.)
Background: Arthur III was born to a family of well off English import/export tycoons. He was a bastard child of  Arthur II  and a young liven maid. The maid was forced to leave shortly after giving birth.  Arthur III was never told his birth mothers name. Elisabeth Thomson was the woman wow raise him as her own son.  Arthur III was the baby out of seven children with him being the one boy.  His grandfather Arthur I, was an ex naval sailor that used all military contracts to become a tycoon. Taught about sailing at a young age. Arthur III  as forced to join royal navy or be disowned at the age of eighteen. During the war he brought his way out of combat. He retired from the royal navy after the end of his tour. he's spent the last few years "working" with his family business. His working was nothing more than sitting in meeting all day and parting all night. Arthur III has a five year old daughter (Elisa), by the love of his life (Freya). Arthur III and Freya been together for over six years. She refuse to merry him until he no longer has sex with other women. Regardless of this fact Arthur III treats her like his wife. His daughter has no clue her parent are not married. Arthur never brings other women around his daughter. He is on the Mystic to get one last chance at living like a single man. His plan for after the trip is to settle down for good.

No, as noted in my post above. I cannot approve this character.

IrishWolf

Quote from: Chreestafer on March 06, 2013, 03:09:54 PM
Hey zillah im gonna go ahead and chose to be the trimmer of the ship so ill be seeing irish wolf a lot to begin with.

Excellent! It'll be a pair of coal covered workin boys stealing away all these high class ladies!

Ebb

Great work Branwen.

In case anybody else is an obsessive categorizer, I count:

6 M-hetero   
1 M-homo     
1 M-bi   

6 F-hetero
2 F-homo
3 F-bi

Just taking the values from Branwen's chart.

zenpai

Branwen

Quote from: zenpai on March 06, 2013, 07:46:34 PM
none of my ideas fit in to your story, o' well i try
And that's okay.  Sometimes there just isn't a good match between the two.  The important thing is to build and maintain that network of writers and sense of community Elliquiy is noted for.  :)

*hugs the zenpai one*

Zillah

Quote from: zenpai on March 06, 2013, 07:46:34 PM
none of my ideas fit in to your story, o' well i try

Thank you for taking the time to submit your ideas. I'm sorry they weren't a good fit for this RP.

Chreestafer

Quote from: IrishWolf on March 06, 2013, 07:16:37 PM
Excellent! It'll be a pair of coal covered workin boys stealing away all these high class ladies!

Yes we will be that awesome! :)

@Branwen - Wow! That is amazing!  Great work as always!  :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List