Hoard of the Dragon Queen [D&D Next, All welcome]

Started by AndyZ, December 29, 2014, 12:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Ah'right. FWIW, I'm good with going daily, at least.

rikka

I can go for daily, less I become busy or my writer's block sets in.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Rook Seidhr

Rook Seidhr

OK, I'm making a male human wizard, Dalcor Highlake. What's the best starting feat for a wizard?

eternaldarkness

I can post about every thirty seconds, myself :D I prefer faster, but once a day is fine, weekends excluded because people have lives.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Riveda on December 31, 2014, 01:59:44 PM
OK, I'm making a male human wizard, Dalcor Highlake. What's the best starting feat for a wizard?

In 5th edition, feats are optional; they take the place of your 4-level ability increase, if you choose. a 1st-level character doesn't have any Feats.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 31, 2014, 06:11:21 PM
In 5th edition, feats are optional; they take the place of your 4-level ability increase, if you choose. a 1st-level character doesn't have any Feats.
A human can replace the +1 to all ability scores with +1 to two ability scores, proficiency in a skill, and a feat.

Unless AndyZ isn't using feats at all, in which case my decisions are simpler :)

AndyZ

Out with friends so will be slow. Feats are fine
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rook Seidhr

I can't figure out what feat to take, so I'm going to make my character a half-elf instead of a human so I don't have to worry about it :)

Chulanowa

Well, i was going to suggest Alert (Initiative wins, end of story), tough (dead wizard is useless wizard), or War Caster (because it's neat) But, I guess being a half-elf works too  :-)

AndyZ

Please post either your character or a single reserved post, and wait for all four players to do so before throwing in any OOC chatter.

Group A: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=220586.0

Group B: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=220587.0
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

rikka

What is the difference between the two groups/threads?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

AndyZ

I'll be running the two different games simultaneously, but the groups won't have any contact with each other.

Basically, it's a game for 4 people.  I have 8.  I'll just run it twice.

Group A
Character Name. Class. Race. Gender.

1 Sariel Tylonna. Paladin, High Elf. Female
2 Letrixia's Rogue
3 Rune. Cleric. Human. Male
4 Riveda's spellcaster.

Group B
Character Name. Class. Race. Gender.

1 Leena Underhill. Monk. Halfling. Female
2 Araun Syolkiir. Ranger. Elf. Male
3 Rikka. Cleric.
4 K'Tanya. Wizard. Half Elf. Female

Rikka, you're in Group B.

AndyZ

Okay, Rune seems to have vanished.  Group A currently has a paladin, a rogue and a wizard.

I don't think I ever formalized a waiting list, so let's see who's about who wants to take over some sort of healing role.  Bard, cleric or druid would be easy and obvious choices.

Bibliophilia

I could make something, if you're in need of a new player.

AndyZ

Okay, after some toying with ideas and considering the proper way to do a waiting list, I think the best way to do this would be to have everyone who wants to be on the waiting list make up a character.  If the spot you select ever has an opening, you can be pulled in accordingly.

Right now we need a healer, but who knows what else will be needed when the next person vanishes?

Bibliophilia

Thia Evenwood

I'm not quite finished with her, but there's very little left to do.

AndyZ

Looks good to me ^_^ Please add her to Group A.

AndyZ

And, Letrixia just bailed from Group A.  Would someone like to replace her?

eternaldarkness

I can pull double-duty, and would be happy to do so if noone else who is waiting to play wants in. A Blade Warlock with a Criminal background makes a great Rogue replacement. And i'm not going to metagame, because..well, that's lame.

AndyZ

I trust you not to metagame ^_^ However, I'm hoping to let some of the other people in who also wanted in the game.  If we can't get anyone reasonably soon, though, I'll take you up on the offer.

Faeli

I can replace her, I haven't played 5th edition yet, but I've been itching to try!

AndyZ

Sounds good, Faeli.  Do you need help making a character sheet?

If you don't have the book, you can find the basic rules for free (and legally) at http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules?x=dnd/basicrules

Faeli