An Education in Darkness - A Star Wars group RP (still looking for students)

Started by Barding, December 28, 2008, 08:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barding

Quote from: karmatrik on January 08, 2009, 03:41:13 PM
We may have enough posts to go big by the time it's an issue, but there's the rule that we can only have as many threads as twice our members, so we have to keep that in mind.

I guess, as a result of that, don't have threads for isolated encounters. Have threads for all encounters between particular characters or something, rather than single encounters...Or particular plotlines? As I said, any ideas you have in this respect are very, very welcome.

In the meantime, I'm getting ready to start up something I'd like to call a 'current affairs' thread. It'll be a semi in-character thread, mostly posted in by me, and it will pretty much contain whatever I reckon is going on at the time in terms of the game's overlying plot. It'll also be full of ideas for threads, mostly in the form of missions and particular classes and assignments set out by the board of teachers.

In short, it'll be made up, mostly of, resources for all your RPs in this setting ;D If you're looking for something to roleplay in this setting, or how to get involved if you're a new player (which we will all be when it first starts) this thread will be the place to go.

I hope that sounds good?
:: O/Os ::
Updated 09/08/2021

:: Cravings ::
Updated 20/09/2021

:: Accepting new stories only in very special cases. ::

The games I've been in have all separated threads by location. Obviously it's not quite what you had in mind, but I'm sure we can work it out.

Barding

Quote from: karmatrik on January 08, 2009, 03:48:39 PM
The games I've been in have all separated threads by location. Obviously it's not quite what you had in mind, but I'm sure we can work it out.

I did originally think of doing that but, well, I'm not sure. As I said, it's still a work-in-progress thing. I think separating threads by plotline works more appropriately for this kind of idea...Uhm, I just had a brainwave: surely a one-on-one RP that two players from this game just happen to play that contributes to this game and is in this setting doesn't count towards the number of threads we're allowed? Does it? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'd imagine that rule's there to stop games from having threads that just fill up space that no-one will ever post in...

You know, the...

'[insert game name here] - Living Room'

*a week later, no-one has seen fit to use the living room. Tumbleweed rules this thread with unquestioning loyalty from it's 0 subjects.*

kinda threads?
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

*ponders* So they'd be in solos and not groups? I guess you'd have to talk to staff about that... *looks at Seraph*

Barding

Quote from: karmatrik on January 08, 2009, 03:55:04 PM
*ponders* So they'd be in solos and not groups? I guess you'd have to talk to staff about that... *looks at Seraph*

Exactly. At least, the one-on-one games would be in solos, unless/until we got our own thread if the game's a success. They'd just contribute to the game's sandbox plotline and would happen in the game. Obviously, the other, larger populationed threads would be in small games.

Does that sound alright, Seraph?
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Elohim

I can't see any reason to not allow that,  but I'm going to raise the questions to the highers up.  Truthfully though I'm not really seeing a problem.  Though,  none of the posts in one on one threads would count towards the size of the game. That much I'm sure of.

Insanitosis

So would you be teaming us up? or would we be choosing who we rp with...

Barding

Quote from: Insanitosis on January 08, 2009, 04:14:47 PM
So would you be teaming us up? or would we be choosing who we rp with...

A mixture of the two, I guess. You can choose who you RP with in situations where your characters would choose who they do and don't interract with. However, I might randomly pair people up on missions and the like to integrate things a little more.

Sound good?

*goes to bed*
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Barding

As promised, here's another essential thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27782.0#new

If I were you, I'd add this to 'my topics' so you don't lose it. It will have links to all other threads related to this game in it.

In the meantime, there will be a first event and an assignment coming up soon.
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Aiden

Won't be able to participate in this game at this time, I'll delete my unfinished post in the char thread.
Hope you guys have fun.
-Aiden

Paladin

I would be highly interested in this game. Umm are all you accepting is students or are you open to thoes that have built lightsabers?