A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

I already looked in there, and sadly no template that would fit :/

I shall go digging through the books then.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Snake

So far I have

Ghaele + half-fiend+ MoL+ Entropic Creature. Any comments or suggestions?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 12, 2011, 03:36:35 PM
I already looked in there, and sadly no template that would fit :/

I shall go digging through the books then.

You do realize that means you'll have no templates, right? That list is roughly 90% of all templates ever published in the entire run of 3.5, including Dragon Magazine.

ShadowFox89

I mean a template that would fit the idea of someone having power over supernatural ice so cold that it freezes your very soul.

Nothing that would fit that idea. :P

I'm not sure what I'd want my creature to be as.... Taanar'i, Obrynth'i, or Baatezu. Obrynth'i might fit best, of course...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 12, 2011, 05:14:04 PM
I mean a template that would fit the idea of someone having power over supernatural ice so cold that it freezes your very soul.

Nothing that would fit that idea. :P

I'm not sure what I'd want my creature to be as.... Taanar'i, Obrynth'i, or Baatezu. Obrynth'i might fit best, of course...

That's why you reflavor. You only care about what mechanical benefits said templates grant you, and you describe it however you want.

Let's see what I can find in five minutes that would fit a 'cold demon', starting now:

Cold Elemental Creature: Elemental Immunities (excellent),  Cold subtype (immunity to cold, good), deals cold damage with its melee attacks.
Entropic Creature: Normally from the Negative Energy Plane, easily reflavored as soul-chilling cold (undead, being soulless, don't care).
Half-Water Elemental: Gets some Ice-related SLA's based off HD.
Umbral Creature: Does Strength damage with its touch attacks, sapping the life out of someone.

who149

Base Character Sheet. Still needs Spells. Designed to be able to taste his opponents, before devouring them. He needs to eat's got to eat his own size catagory each day. So either he eats something big, or a bunch of little things, and he never really stops there, he loves to eat, and will eat anything he can get his claws on.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9881
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

SomeGuy

who149

Ons and offs!

TheGlyphstone

Zaer, you might want to close interest/recruitment for now - we have four completed sheets, one partially complete sheet, and I counted five interested/brainstorming still. Four of these overpowered monstrosities will be enough for you to handle, I don't see Gary Gygax himself being able to run a game for more than ten of them.

Kunoichi

I talked to a friend about potentially joining this game a couple of days ago, but we haven't had a chance to talk since then. ^^; She's new to D&D in general, so I figured that a game like this might make for an interesting start.  I'm thinking she might not be available until after this week due to finals, though.

I mostly agree with closing recruitment now, but if possible, I'd like to leave one slot reserved for her, just in case I can convince her to join.  Would that be alright?

who149

If there aren't enough slots I'll back down, I'm iffy about my character.

Also, Finished my Spells.

Ons and offs!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 12, 2011, 06:00:55 PM
I talked to a friend about potentially joining this game a couple of days ago, but we haven't had a chance to talk since then. ^^; She's new to D&D in general, so I figured that a game like this might make for an interesting start.  I'm thinking she might not be available until after this week due to finals, though.

I mostly agree with closing recruitment now, but if possible, I'd like to leave one slot reserved for her, just in case I can convince her to join.  Would that be alright?

I'm sorry, Kun, but that just sounds like a combination meant for disaster - new player to the entire D&D system + high epic game with extensive houserules?

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2011, 06:12:14 PM
I'm sorry, Kun, but that just sounds like a combination meant for disaster - new player to the entire D&D system + high epic game with extensive houserules?

I suppose that's true. ><; Plus, with the way the game's shaping up now, I'm no longer as sure as I once was that she'll enjoy it.  I thought she'd enjoy being a devil, and all the possibilities for intrigue and so on that go with it, but with all the disallowing of alternate forms and the obviously monstrous characters and so on, I'm guessing it probably wouldn't really be her thing anymore.

I would at least like to chance to talk it over with her and see what she thinks, though. ^^;

SomeGuy

On the other hand, with help making the character it would familiarize her with CR, templates, classes, etc.

TheGlyphstone

We're still allowed alternate forms, they just have to be granted by things like the Alternate Form special ability, as opposed to limits-free Alter Self and Polymorph spells.

EDIT: Yeah, but the only bit of that which would be useful to a player is classes, and it's only a small portion of our character. CR is only relevant from the DM's side of the screen, and templates are mostly only relevant for a DM.

who149

Why don't you a game for her to play? Something simple with about 3-5 people, with low-medium levels? New players should never be thrown into the deep-end. (I've been playing this game for a  good bit, and i'm wondering if I should be here), so you should try too have her start something simple to get the hang of the mechanics, before you have her learn Epic Items, advanced magic, and higher-level rules.

And I think I'll take that Alternate Form Ability.

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

*shrugs*

At this point, I mostly just want to fully-explain the concept to her and see what she thinks. ^^; Like I said, I'm not actually expecting her to be interested, but just in case she is...

SomeGuy

True, I guess I've been playing for long enough that I just sort of think of those are basics.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 12, 2011, 06:00:55 PM

I AM looking to get a bare basics 3.5 game started, you could point her that way. No heavy houserules, level 1 starting, etc.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: who149 on December 12, 2011, 06:24:52 PM
Why don't you a game for her to play? Something simple with about 3-5 people, with low-medium levels? New players should never be thrown into the deep-end. (I've been playing this game for a  good bit, and i'm wondering if I should be here), so you should try too have her start something simple to get the hang of the mechanics, before you have her learn Epic Items, advanced magic, and higher-level rules.

And I think I'll take that Alternate Form Ability.

Should find a monster/template that grants it - I'd recommend Half-Doppleganger if your base race doesn't already have Alternate Form...+0 CR, gives some minor bonuses and allows 3 specific Small or Medium humanoid forms that can be adopted at will.

who149

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2011, 06:26:51 PM
Should find a monster/template that grants it - I'd recommend Half-Doppleganger if your base race doesn't already have Alternate Form...+0 CR, gives some minor bonuses and allows 3 specific Small or Medium humanoid forms that can be adopted at will.
Its funny, I always Assumed that both Devils and Dragons would have alternate forms.. Especially Dragon, how else were there be Half-Dragon Templates that go with everything (even Shambling mounds O.o)

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

Quote from: who149 on December 12, 2011, 06:28:41 PM
Its funny, I always Assumed that both Devils and Dragons would have alternate forms.. Especially Dragon, how else were there be Half-Dragon Templates that go with everything (even Shambling mounds O.o)

Well, you see, when a dragon without an innate alternate form gets old enough to use the polymorph spell...

SomeGuy

Huh, is there any reason not to be Half-Doppelganger and/or Half-Satyr?