News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones appreciation - Please /spoil carefully!

Started by Ramael, April 18, 2011, 04:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/06/14/sean-bean-stabbed-bar-fight/

"Gerrof, ye bloody shandy-drinkin Lannisters. Jus came down te London fer a bevvie wit yon Southern lassie, an some cunt comes an stabs me in 't arm. Ah don't need no bloody medical attention, ye southern jessies. Jus lemme finish me pint."

Brilliant.

Lilias

That's for all those who still don't get why Bean's got the following he has... ;)

* Lilias has been crushing on him something hardcore since the Sharpe years.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Lilias

And it's over. I'm rather conflicted on the final episode. I didn't mind little bits from the next book being included, but the scene in the crypt was a complete damp squib. And I was so looking forward to the 'We should find a stonecutter who knew his likeness well' line...
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Shjade

It's a pity - the farther the series goes on, the more I'm thinking there's just too much for them to pull it all together. They hardly have enough time to spend even five minutes at a stretch on any given character's POV. They're doing a pretty nice job with what they cover (and some of the additions are nice - Petyr was kinda blunt with Ned, but I like his banter with Varys) for the most part, though.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Those dragons looked nicer than I was expecting. Still very CGI, of course, but it's not like that can really be helped.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Caeli

I thought Kermit was too skinny to play Ned, but some of the others are spot on. xD

Game of Thrones of Muppets: You Wink or Your Die  |   Illustrated by Yehudi Mercado

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Ink Slinger

I loved those when someone showed them to me.

In other news...OMG is season 2 here yet? *grabby hands* WANT! 
Ons and Offs                   A/A                         Cravings  
not considering new RPs. Erratic response time

Shjade

I...don't recognize the muppet playing Jaime. Who is that? O.o
◕/◕'s

Ink Slinger

One of the male pigs from the "Piiiiigss iiiiiiiinnnn Sssssspppppppppaaaaaaaaace"

Shjade

Clearly my Muppet ignorance is showing. I don't remember that at all. D:
◕/◕'s

Ink Slinger

they were on "The Muppet Show" more often than they showed up in the films.  I remember watching reruns with my parents.

Ramael

10 months. We've got 10 months.

*stares blankly*

Well, at least that gives George Martin time to write...*does quick calculation based on previous writing frequency*...one sentence of the new book after ADWD.

Great final episode I thought, each storyline given nice final touches and finishing flourishes.

My girlfriend, given the build-up with the dragon eggs and the expectation involved, only blinked when Rhaegon crawled up Dany's shoulder and said "...they get bigger, right?" xD

I do wonder to the logic involved when so much serious stuff is going on and so much time is desperately needed to be spent on the main characters and the overarching plot, that we see a fairly large scene with Maester Pycelle and the redhead whore. Complete with him stretching and making old man snuffling noises at the end. There's a minute or two that could have been better spent elsewhere I think.

effervescent

I have never read the books, but I am thinking about getting it on my kindle...even though right now I'm on the true blood books. LOL, I am just afraid if I read the books then I will be dissapointed with the show. Because I swear whenever I read something and then watch it I'm always dissapointed. I think the show is pretty amazing though. Too bad I won't see anymore of Drogo's hotness...hottest guy on the show in my opinion. Oh well Dany will still be there and I think she is drop dead gorgeous!!!

The show is getting kind of depressing...it's definitely a stressful show, especially since I haven't read the books so I have NO CLUE what's going to happen and that honestly kills me!!! What I'm really hoping for though is that they do a good job on making the dragons, because sometimes dragons end up looking really super corny and that's going to ruin the show for me.

TheSilkenVoice

Best show ever!!! This is like my ultimate tv series next to True Blood.  Could a fantasy writer's tv show selection get any better than this??  Buying the books now that the firs season is over so I can cope with the withdrawal of not having another episode to watch till next spring!

effervescent

I agree Games of Throne and True Blood freaking rock my world!

Craz

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/06/24/game-of-thrones-season-2-casting/

This sorta ticks me off. out of all the casting choices they make public first, it's Margaery Tyrell? I want my Onion Knight!

Though she was hot on the Tudors...

effervescent

Yay I love Natalie she is a really great actress!

Ink Slinger

Quote from: Craz on June 30, 2011, 05:42:09 PM
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/06/24/game-of-thrones-season-2-casting/

This sorta ticks me off. out of all the casting choices they make public first, it's Margaery Tyrell? I want my Onion Knight!

Though she was hot on the Tudors...

They're just teasing us hon.  Keep us waiting anxiously.  I mean they start principal filming soon. 

Lilias

Quote from: Craz on June 30, 2011, 05:42:09 PM
out of all the casting choices they make public first, it's Margaery Tyrell?

She starts small, yes, but grows up! ;D

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
She kickstarts Cersei's downfall, after all!
~Wendell Berry

effervescent

So glad I read that spoiler. I am the worst! I love being spoiled!!!

Shjade

Quote from: Lilias on July 01, 2011, 07:24:45 AM
She starts small, yes, but grows up! ;D
Actually, about that, isn't she 16, at least throughout book three? The actress looks...not sixteen. >.>

Then again, they already aged up all the Stark kids a few years, so maybe they're boosting her age a few too.

Edit: for fun, click here and mute the clip on the right. True Blood's opening watched with GoT's opening music is...interesting. It actually lines up kinda well at a couple points.
◕/◕'s

Caeli

I'm looking forward to next summer. *laughs*

So, I actually follow Jason Yang pretty closely - he's among the group of AAPI artists who've made it big through social media, especially YouTube. I've seen him play live - amazing!

Now, why is this relevant? Well, check this out:

Game of Thrones Violin Cover

QuoteThankfully, "A Variety of Violins" is not the newly announced title for the next volume in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. It's just my cutesy why of describing this wonderful all-violin rendition of the Game of Thrones theme by Jason Yang. You know, HBO, if you assembled all these awesome GoT covers into one album, I'd buy the shit out of it. Just sayin'.

(Source)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Shjade

That's a pretty damn fine rendition.

Not quite as gripping a tune without the heavier strings and drums to beat it home, but still lovely.

Edit: Dammit Caeli, now I'm just looking up other GoT covers. This artificial NES version is particularly appealing. Game of Thrones in Legend of Zelda format? Yes please.
◕/◕'s

Shjade

Hmm... How much makeup work y'think they'll have to do to ugly her up enough for Brienne? ;p
◕/◕'s

Ramael

Go team Brit! Again! We are all over this HBO show, like ivy creeping up the garden fence of TV serial fame.

Even though it's a great role, I grin ruefully at the casting process.

"Oh my god, an HBO show as a featured character? Freaking sign me up already!....hm? She's plain-looking and wears armour all the time? No problem! Where's the contract...she what? Not just plain but downright ugly, and is mocked by half the male characters for being so? Hmm...ok, pride takes a blow, but you sacrifice for the craft...hey...why did you suggest ME!? Oh for god's sake. I'll just think of the money. Pass me the longsword. And the hair clippers. And the boob flatteners. And the ugly kit. Sigh...the glamour of fame..."