Old Salem (Closed)

Started by RainbowRian, March 12, 2013, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nevaeh

Can I make a suggestion? 

On the approved thread or in the bio's it doesn't say who is playing which Character and that might be helpful at some point if things get bigger.
I hope that you're still searching for the start that has no end and all the plastic people have now become your friends before you start to drift and your soul begins to scream I just wanted to tell you that you're listening to a dream.  Ons and Offs]    [ http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Nevaeh]  [https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83776.0]  BY THE WAY.... If I am slow in posting I apologize.  I have reasons, they aren't always the same so if you want to know why ask me, I won't be putting it for all to see.

RainbowRian

I will change that now thanks for the suggestion.  I actually thought about it while doing it lol but what do you think about your character's sheet?

Nevaeh

Its alright.  though I don't know that it would be unknowingly.  Thinking it was something that has been passed down, at least that it could happen..... otherwise she wouldn't know and her medium could effect her if she didn't know how to handle it.
I hope that you're still searching for the start that has no end and all the plastic people have now become your friends before you start to drift and your soul begins to scream I just wanted to tell you that you're listening to a dream.  Ons and Offs]    [ http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Nevaeh]  [https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83776.0]  BY THE WAY.... If I am slow in posting I apologize.  I have reasons, they aren't always the same so if you want to know why ask me, I won't be putting it for all to see.

RainbowRian

Nevaeh

RainbowRian

Not a problem we had pretty much hashed out details with everyone but we hadn't finished with you. 

Also I will edit anyone's sheet as we go.  as far as relationships, etc. Now to work on the IC/OOC and Salem thread.

RainbowRian

seekeroftruth22

Name: Jace Bennett
Sect: coven member
Orientation: bi
Hair: black, when he lets it grow
Eyes: yellow
Height: 6'6''
Appearance: look below
Abilities:
fire control, he can't be burned by his own flames and can create fire from his hands at will although the longer he uses his flames the more tired he feels. if he uses to much of his power it could kill him but that is only if he can keepfrom passing out for that long. normally he uses his flames only in his smithy when he is making things because it is far easier to use his fire then to go through the trouble of trying to light another fire after last nights fire had already died.
enchanter, he can use his power to enchant anything he makes, from horse shoes to swords. the herbs and gems he uses allows for different enchantments, if someone brings him the items he will willingly make what ever item they choose for their enchantment. the different enchantments are only limited to the ingredients he can find and his knowledge of how to use them, his father was also a enchanter so Jace mainly relies of his fathers Book Of Shadows to help him in his witch craft
Personality: Jace usually intimidates people through his sheer size so he usually keeps to himself and is normally seen standing off to the side of coven meetings. he only speaks in groups when what he has to say is important. on the out side he looks scary to most people but he is actually caring and would willingly risk being exposed if it meant saving the life of a  innocent. he treats adults the same way they treat him, if a women comes to him and asks politely if he could make her some farming tool or another he would accept and possibly even enchant it to work faster or to never break, but at the same time if she came in and was being a bitch he would likely toss her out of her ass with out a second thought.
History: at a early age Jace had been able to make fire out of thin air and he had gotten caught, quite heroically i might add, one of his childhood friends houses caught fire and Jace rushed in with out a second thought as to the rest of the towns people, once inside he used his power to snuff out all the fire. he saved four people in that house but even they called him a witch and tried to burn him, when that didn't work they were going to drown him to which he was barely able to get away from, his parents spirited him away from their village and moved him to this one. to remind himself never to use his power he had a tattoo artist tattoo both his wrists and his neck with special ink, that made it so his skin could be burned by normal fire but wouldn't be burned by his own flames.
Relationships: none, single

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I have taken the Oath of the Drake

RainbowRian

Quote from: seekeroftruth22 on April 05, 2013, 08:20:34 AM
Eyes: yellow
Abilities:
fire control, he can't be burned by his own flames and can create fire from his hands at will although the longer he uses his flames the more tired he feels. if he uses to much of his power it could kill him but that is only if he can keepfrom passing out for that long. normally he uses his flames only in his smithy when he is making things because it is far easier to use his fire then to go through the trouble of trying to light another fire after last nights fire had already died.
enchanter, he can use his power to enchant anything he makes, from horse shoes to swords. the herbs and gems he uses allows for different enchantments, if someone brings him the items he will willingly make what ever item they choose for their enchantment. the different enchantments are only limited to the ingredients he can find and his knowledge of how to use them, his father was also a enchanter so Jace mainly relies of his fathers Book Of Shadows to help him in his witch craft
Personality: Jace usually intimidates people through his sheer size so he usually keeps to himself and is normally seen standing off to the side of coven meetings. he only speaks in groups when what he has to say is important. on the out side he looks scary to most people but he is actually caring and would willingly risk being exposed if it meant saving the life of a  innocent. he treats adults the same way they treat him, if a women comes to him and asks politely if he could make her some farming tool or another he would accept and possibly even enchant it to work faster or to never break, but at the same time if she came in and was being a bitch he would likely toss her out of her ass with out a second thought.
History: at a early age Jace had been able to make fire out of thin air and he had gotten caught, quite heroically i might add, one of his childhood friends houses caught fire and Jace rushed in with out a second thought as to the rest of the towns people, once inside he used his power to snuff out all the fire. he saved four people in that house but even they called him a witch and tried to burn him, when that didn't work they were going to drown him to which he was barely able to get away from, his parents spirited him away from their village and moved him to this one. to remind himself never to use his power he had a tattoo artist tattoo both his wrists and his neck with special ink, that made it so his skin could be burned by normal fire but wouldn't be burned by his own flames.

My notes are as follows:
-Your eyes, in the time period would have you burned alive.  Straight away.  If Cleo doesn't mind then I won't but contacts werent around and you could easily have them, say golden brown, turning yellow when you use your gifts.  I am all game for everyone having fun and such So I will let that be Cleo's decision.

-Your Enchanter power.  I fear it is going to be too wide ranged to choose from.  You could do too many things with it to be considered one power and Cleo and I had another character that we asked to change theirs over the same thing and that wouldn't be fair.  If you would like to discuss my decision on this, or possible changes and solutions feel free to message Cleo AND Myself. 

- As far as your history goes I will wait for Cleo's notes and the three of it to discuss it.

Lady Lunarius

Very interested, looking into making up a character sheet for approval if you're still open. <3
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

RainbowRian

We are in fact still open to players.

seekeroftruth22

rainbow, what if i took the fire control away, would i be able to keep the enchanting?

RainbowRian

I will have to discuss that with Cleo.  But until then let's wait for her notes.

seekeroftruth22

alright then, if need be i can easily change the powers and history

Cleo4u2

I completely agree with the eye thing. Yellow eyes would be devil's eyes and I honestly believe the midwife would have smothered the baby. As to the powers, I think we could keep both if we put a difficulty limit on the enchanting. Materials are difficult to come by, they require as much from your character as straining with his fire abilities, that kind of thing. So maybe he could enchant a hoe if he had the materials, but he probably wouldn't want to because he might not find more for six, seven months. That's if it's alright with RR.

If you wanted to enchant as you pleased, I would say take away the fire ability, but the GMs would have to monitor what you're doing to make sure you don't make something incredibly over powered. Likely you'll do just fine on your own, but we would make sure.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

RainbowRian

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on April 05, 2013, 09:55:48 PM
I completely agree with the eye thing. Yellow eyes would be devil's eyes and I honestly believe the midwife would have smothered the baby. As to the powers, I think we could keep both if we put a difficulty limit on the enchanting. Materials are difficult to come by, they require as much from your character as straining with his fire abilities, that kind of thing. So maybe he could enchant a hoe if he had the materials, but he probably wouldn't want to because he might not find more for six, seven months. That's if it's alright with RR.

If you wanted to enchant as you pleased, I would say take away the fire ability, but the GMs would have to monitor what you're doing to make sure you don't make something incredibly over powered. Likely you'll do just fine on your own, but we would make sure.
Okay, so you have the choice of being able to enchant as you please, but we would have to know what you were enchanting, or keep fire and limit enchanting, or you can still change it to another power as well.  thats three choices.  :)  If you do keep the fire though you could have your second be constructs :D  just a suggestion.  but those are your choices.

RainbowRian

We do in fact have a fire starter though

Lady Lunarius

Name: Ellisia Malcom

Sect: Solitary Practioner/Church

Orientation: Bi-Curious

Hair: Brunette

Eyes: Hazel

Height: 5' 5"

Appearance:
Ellisia is average height and weight, and has two small birthmarks. The first being the shape of a small strawberry behind her ear, and the other just a soft pink spot on her inner thigh. She wears eye glasses to read.

Abilities:

Empath: Elissia is able to not only empathize with people, she can literally feel their hurt, passion and anger. She hasn't yet learned to control what she feels when she feels. It is difficult for her to block out someones anguish or love.

Control Water: Elissia is able to manipulate liquid forms. She cannot create water, which is something she'd love to have done during some of the more intense summers.

Personality: Elissia is a quiet woman, reserved in a lot of ways. Most of this is due to her powers, though also her family. She is by no means shy, but keeps herself in check, knowing what her gifts could mean for her if she were caught. She loves to laugh however and opens up well enough once someone takes the time to get to know her.

History: Elissia, the only daughter to the town's minister, has grown up with the fear of god laid into her. She's heard all the fire and brimstone sermons more than any of the townsfolk. Her mother died in childbirth, which caused her father to be a bit more over protective. She performed the duties of a ministers daughter properly. But her gift always frightened her. Especially when she could feel her fathers fear and anger at the "sinners" in their town.

He was not an easy man to please, and often enough he would force Elissia to sit through his sermons, speaking about the unholiness of satans servants etc... She'd been engaged once, to a sailor named Tobias. It was his feelings of lust she felt inside him that reserved her want to marry him, but her father, despite her protests insisted upon the match. To him Tobias was a just man, though his profession was almost not easily looked past. But one day his ship left port, and never returned.

Since then, she's taken up the teaching post in town, though there are very few students during the harvest and planting seasons. She bides her time helping the other women around town, and bringing food to the sick.

Relationships: Not any. Unattached
LaLu's Delicious treats!

seekeroftruth22

Eyes: golden brown

Abilities:

Personality: Jace usually intimidates people through his sheer size so he usually keeps to himself and is normally seen standing off to the side of coven meetings. he only speaks in groups when what he has to say is important. on the out side he looks scary to most people but he is actually caring and would willingly risk being exposed if it meant saving the life of a  innocent. he treats adults the same way they treat him but he always treats children kindly, if a women comes to him and asks politely if he could make her some farming tool or another he would accept and possibly even enchant it to work faster or to never break, but at the same time if she came in and was being a bitch he would likely toss her out of her ass with out a second thought.

History: Jace had started working at his fathers forge, learning how to enchant things with his father, he mainly used small enchantments that had common items for practice. he made a small amulet that allowed the user to resist fire to keep himself from getting burns while working in the forge. one day one of his best friends houses caught fire with her him it and with out thinking he rushed in to same her, while in the fire the amulet glowed brightly. when he brought her out the amulet was still glowing and the whole town, even the girl he saved, called him a witch and comdemed him to death, it it wasn't for his parents being there he would have been inprisoned and burned. with there help he was able to flee the town he grew up it. from then on they searched for a witch coven join for protection since being on their own was getting to be to dangerous.

Nim

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on April 06, 2013, 09:15:02 PM

Appearance:
Ellisia is average height and weight, and has two small birthmarks. The first being the shape of a small strawberry behind her ear, and the other just a soft pink spot on her inner thigh. She wears eye glasses to read.

Abilities:

Empath: Elissia is able to not only empathize with people, she can literally feel their hurt, passion and anger. She hasn't yet learned to control what she feels when she feels. It is difficult for her to block out someones anguish or love.

Control Water: Elissia is able to manipulate liquid forms. She cannot create water, which is something she'd love to have done during some of the more intense summers.

Personality: Elissia is a quiet woman, reserved in a lot of ways. Most of this is due to her powers, though also her family. She is by no means shy, but keeps herself in check, knowing what her gifts could mean for her if she were caught. She loves to laugh however and opens up well enough once someone takes the time to get to know her.

History: Elissia, the only daughter to the town's minister, has grown up with the fear of god laid into her. She's heard all the fire and brimstone sermons more than any of the townsfolk. Her mother died in childbirth, which caused her father to be a bit more over protective. She performed the duties of a ministers daughter properly. But her gift always frightened her. Especially when she could feel her fathers fear and anger at the "sinners" in their town.

He was not an easy man to please, and often enough he would force Elissia to sit through his sermons, speaking about the unholiness of satans servants etc... She'd been engaged once, to a sailor named Tobias. It was his feelings of lust she felt inside him that reserved her want to marry him, but her father, despite her protests insisted upon the match. To him Tobias was a just man, though his profession was almost not easily looked past. But one day his ship left port, and never returned.

Since then, she's taken up the teaching post in town, though there are very few students during the harvest and planting seasons. She bides her time helping the other women around town, and bringing food to the sick.

Hello Lady Lunarius,

I really loved you bio and think that Ellisia Malcom would make a very nice addition to the game.  ;D
Especially the preachers daughter idea.  Will be rather interesting to see the development of her powers under such conflicting states of mind. 

The only thing I really have some questions about is her second ability of Control water.  "Elissia is able to manipulate liquid forms."
  Would you mind to much elaborating a little more on what this manipulation of liquid would entail?

Thanks
~Nim~

seekeroftruth22

Jace Bennett is approved passed me since you have taken into consideration my fellow  Co-GM's.  Remarks and questions.  Those powers of Enchanting sound very intriguing and am looking forward to seeing what uses they are put towards.   ;D

RainbowRian

Quote from: Nim on April 06, 2013, 10:14:58 PM
Hello Lady Lunarius,

I really loved you bio and think that Ellisia Malcom would make a very nice addition to the game.  ;D
Especially the preachers daughter idea.  Will be rather interesting to see the development of her powers under such conflicting states of mind. 

The only thing I really have some questions about is her second ability of Control water.  "Elissia is able to manipulate liquid forms."
  Would you mind to much elaborating a little more on what this manipulation of liquid would entail?

Thanks
~Nim~

seekeroftruth22

Jace Bennett is approved passed me since you have taken into consideration my fellow  Co-GM's.  Remarks and questions.  Those powers of Enchanting sound very intriguing and am looking forward to seeing what uses they are put towards.   ;D

Agreed here.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Nim on April 06, 2013, 10:14:58 PM
Hello Lady Lunarius,

Thanks
~Nim~

I suppose I should just simply state that she has manipulation over water when it in its liquid form, as well as draw it from plants, or the ground. As she grows into her powers its possible she could manipulate it further in its ice form but as of right now she's still getting the hang of drawing it from plants and such.

Truly there is a later possibility that she could manipulate the water within anothers body, but that'd be more likely if she were to be turned to the dark path.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Nim

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on April 06, 2013, 10:28:50 PM
I suppose I should just simply state that she has manipulation over water when it in its liquid form, as well as draw it from plants, or the ground. As she grows into her powers its possible she could manipulate it further in its ice form but as of right now she's still getting the hang of drawing it from plants and such.

Truly there is a later possibility that she could manipulate the water within anothers body, but that'd be more likely if she were to be turned to the dark path.

~Grins~  Thank you for the clarification on the Control Water abilities.  I think with the addition of this clarification into Ellisia's bio with perhaps an example of what she does with this water manipulation I would give my approval to placing her bio in our Old Salem OOC pending ~RR's~ and Cleo's approval. 

Just follow the flaming link in either of our signatures.  LOLz

And I'm happy to have you aboard for the game!

~Nim~

Lady Lunarius

Ellisia Malcom revised. Hope that's what you meant about how she uses the power for water.

Appearance:

Abilities:

Control Water: Elissia is able to manipulate water in its liquid form. She first discovered this power when she'd spilt her bucket of water off the table, and instead of splashing on the floor it hovered for a moment, before she panicked and it hit the floor, delayed. Luckily she was home alone for this discovery. For the most part she doesn't use this power except for when she's alone, as her Empathy cannot be seen... For the most part she uses it to draw clean water and practices in the woods how to manipulate it more by forming it into balls of liquid that she can throw.

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Nim

Yes thank you that was what I was looking for.   ;D

Ellisia Malcom's revised bio is most certainly approved passed me.  Pending word from ~RR~ and Cleo