M&M 2e, e-mail...do those even belong here?

Started by MasterMischief, September 01, 2013, 12:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterMischief

I love me some Mutants & Masterminds second edition.  And not just for super heroes.  I have heard the cries of outrage that the system be bastardized and used for some other genre than what it was intended.  I heard them and ignored them.  The system hits the sweet spot for me in rules crunch without being G.U.R.P.S. in complexity or ICONS in liteness.  It also works very well for cinematic campaigns.  It works like True20 but, point buy and just overall, better in execution.  And, of course, it does Supers.  I mean, who does not love Supers?  Put your hand down.  You're blocking my chi.

Yeah, but an e-mail group game?  Inconceivable!  I believe this thread proves that false right there.  I simply do not have access to the forum like I do my e-mail.  My precious, precious e-mail.

So what exactly am I proposing here?  Well, first, I am testing the waters to see if anyone would even consider this.  My gut says this is a waste of bytes.  We'll see.  If my gut is wrong, it would not be the first time.  I would be interested in many different genres - historical fictions, straight up Supers or Fantasy, maybe even Sci Fi.  It would depends on what everyone was interested in.  I would want to keep the groups small, 2-3 others besides myself.  However, I would not be opposed to multiple campaigns at once if there were really some devoted interest in this idea.

Yeah, but it's e-mail.  How would that even work?  Well...pretty much exactly like forum, except it would be an e-mail that got traded around with each post.  I would even consider something like Google docs if I can access it at work.

So...is this ambiguous enough for everyone?  Great!  Who's interested?

ShadowFox89

Er, I believe this would be better suited to offsite gaming.
Call me Shadow
My A/A