War of the Gods (Interest Check.)

Started by OHWceta, September 22, 2011, 08:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

Put Simply the religion of the God Terra is spreading through the Kephler Empire, and with Achilles Kephler's conquests into other territories, soon the Religion of Terra will be dominant across the known world. But the other Gods aren't happy about this conquering of their kingdoms. Some come to Earth as human warriors, intent on saving their people and lands. Others arrive in God form, taking a much more noticable approach in the war.

Right now lists of the Kingdoms, Gods, and Locations are incomplete depending on how many people we have join
The World is similar to Earth where the Kephler Empire currently occupies an area similar to Rome. The Washu Kingdom Owns a region from Northern China down to all the Islands around Lower Asia. The Great Republic Controls the Continent West of Mainland. Their conflicts affect the rest of the world relatively little. This is a culturaly diverse place filled with people dispersed by previous wars. (This is a highly fictionalized Earth with only names being used for ease in navigating), Terra, the vast Southern continent is largely unexplored and most expeditions sent to form colonies never return. There are 3 moons surrounding the planet, which is a bases of many religious theories.

More info to come later on the major world religions.
First I'll post my layouts for God and Human characters. (These are for the Character Creation Thread coming later)

Race: God
Name: What their followers call them, or what Earthly name they take on
Apearance: What they look like, either in God form or physical incarnation
Symbol: What Symbol represents them, it's how followers of one deity can identify other followers.
Element: This is generally a metal or mineral, this gives the God their power and weakens enemies.
Powers: Powers the God frequently uses either in battle or to help/observe his/her people.
Territory/ Kingdom: Where they live (In the heavens or Underworld), or which Earth Kingdom Serves them.
Task: What are their Godly tasks? (such as crops, fertility, judging the dead, ect)
Pantheon: Do they serve their people alone or do other Gods help them to care for the people in their charge?
Bio: A Story about why the God is where they are, why are they hearing of the war on Earth? What's getting them involved?

Race: Human (Can also be things like centaur, mermaid, fairy, and other sentient creatures)
Name: Birth Name or Nickname
Apearance: Picture or Detailed Description.
Territory/ Kingdom: What Region they call Home.
Bio: Who are they and why are they involved in the war?

Rules for Playing God: There is no allpowerful supreme God, so no 'godmodding'. All Gods are equal in power over their people (Though some may be much better suited for battle than ones with other powers.) On Earth They are weak to the elements of other Gods, for example A Patron of a God who's element is Silver can damage another God in God form with silver. But it must be a loyal follower of the God to use thier element against another God. God's are immortal in invincible in their Territory (Each one has a walled castle in Heaven) But are limited to the same rules on Earth visiting another God's Temple. God's incarnated in human form retain their knowledge but their power is reduced to the capacity of the human's body. When they are killed in human form they can rise up as a God form or move to a new reincarnation.

Here's the Basics, let me know if you have any questions in regard to this RP.

Character Creation Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=120099.0

Update: List of major Religions and Nations added
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

iridum248

You know, I genuinely like this idea. I do, however, find the above synopsis to be a little incomprehensible.

OHWceta

How So?

If you would like any further info you can ask here or PM me. I'll try to make an easier to understand synopsis.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

iridum248

All right, if I'm reading this correctly- There's this God, Terra, and his Champion Achilles Kemplar, who've become a powerful bloc. We're the other Gods who are worried/annoyed at what he's doing, and trying to stop him, right?

I'm curious as to how this is going to go. Is the human/god split the God and his/her primary Champion? What's the limits of their power?

I do recall a game like this called 'Rise of Nations', and I've always been interested in an idea like this, but I'm pretty sure it all depends on the excecution.

OHWceta

Yeah, the other Gods are going against the Kephler empire and Terra

Well, RPers can be either Gods or humans. Depending on how many people join there will probably be a few different story archs involving different characters. Players are allowed to have multiple characters (So, for example my Terra character can battle your character while Kephler and his forces are fighting the army of another RPer, ect.)

Kephler is mostly limited to human abilities though as an emperor he has military strategists, and acess to some of the best fighters to teach him the skills he needs for combat as well as advanced weaponry. Gods can grant their champions a Hoard of Minnions (limited to 10,000 in number) which are weak minded, low level fighters weak against their enemy god's element. (using the example from before of a God who's element is silver, silver weapons would easily kill minnions created by a different God). Gods can also grant champions increased strength, speed, stamina, higher levels of magic power, and immortality (To sickness, and disease, and other natural causes like old age. Immortality does not prevent them from being killed by an enemy in combat). Also, Humans can be revived from Death but their God must make some form of Sacrifice to the Lord of the Underworld. The Lord of the underworld is an impartial judge in the war who will give favor to anyone as long as they pay the appropriate price. Reviving Champions or Kings will cost a lot more than reviving lower ranking characters (suchs as thieves, pirates, and mercenaries, ect.) As the author of the RP I'll be playing the Underworld God, if you have a character killed off I'll arrange payment for their revival via PM (Payment will more than likely be service to the lord of the underworld as a slave for a set period of time, or losing their powers temporarily or maybe losing a friend or loved one instead of their champion)

Also Note, as it is war of the Gods, though most of the Gods are against Terra it's not set in stone that everyone has to fight together against him, there will deffinetly be Gods betraying each other and possibly defecting to Terra's side, or teaming up with certain other Gods only to turn on each other later. Then of course probably the Athiests trying to destroy the Gods altogether to claim the world for humanity.

BTW, humans in this world are allowed Magic abilities. The gods can increase their powers substantially but even without help humans in this world are able to have a small understanding of the following powers:
Fire Manipulation
Lightning Manipulation
Water Manipulation (Including Ice)
Rock/Earth Manipulation (Including metals)
Wind Manipulation
Plant Manipulation
Energy Manipulation (Such as turning their energy into solid weapons, or explosive balls among other things.)

Human Characters are only allowed 1 of the above listed.
Gods can use all of the above powers but can only pick 1 as their strongest.
If you have ideas for any other powers, PM me and I'll let you know if it's approved or not.

I think I just totally nuked that question and left you with more questions than I answered.... >_<  Anything else you'd like to know?

OHWceta

Update:

Character Creation Thread for the RP Posted.

TheHangedOne

Tentatively interested. I might play a Trickster god.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

OHWceta

I,ll start the official rp thread when we get some more people. Go ahead and post on the character creation thread in the mean time.

TheHangedOne

I'll work on the character later; for now, I'll be watching to see who else ends up playing.
Check out my poet tree!

Vaulera

I am interested, however I would like to know the factions/pantheons allowed and how the entire rp would work.

OHWceta

Players are allowed to create their own religions, Kingdoms, and Pantheons.

Here's a list of already existing Pantheons and Nations Characters can Belong to as well. (Additions may be made later, but this is the current list)

Major World Religions-

Terra: Terra is a strictly Monothiestic Religion with Terra as Supreme God. The rules are similar to Christianity. There exist Demigods who serve and oppose Terra and legends from other religions have been adopted by Terra followers (Such as Juno being a talented Prophet).

Ancient Kroyon: A Polythiestic Religion with many Gods. Before man existed the  Gods lived in Heaven in Harmony. But when man was created the Gods began to fight amongst one another. Heaven was split into parts (Each star represents the home of a God.) Gods occasionally come to Earth but have since abandoned their creation, save for a few Gods who developed a bond with humanity. There is nearly an infinite number of Gods, all affecting humans differently. Branch Religions have spawned from the original religion of Kroy as some nations worship a singular Patron God belonging to the Pantheon of Ancient Kroy Religion.

Junon: A Branch from Ancient Kroyon Religion, Followers of Juno believe he created the 3rd moon as a promise he'd watch over and protect mankind. It is also believed he comes to Earth in human form during times of need, he has been incarnated 4 times so far since the creation of man according to most legends.

Nihilust: A Branch of the Ancient Kroyon Religion. The Teachings of Nihilus state that after mankind was created, the Gods split Heaven to prevent fighting for control over Earth. Most of the Gods turned to other endevors and ignored humanity altogether, but Nihilus was given the task to come to Earth every 200 years to keep the population of Earth in balance. For this reason a Comet was named after him as it arrives within observation range of Earth every 200 years.

Anti-Kroyism: Though Anti is mentioned in Ancient Kroy Religion and belongs to their pantheon, teachers of Anti-Kroyism portray the Being called Anti in a more benevolent light than the Relgion of Kroy. Most believe this is because they must teach Anti's greatness to appease the God and prevent their destruction. This religion only exists on Shishio Island as nobody is allowed to enter or leave the island. Anti is said to have been a demigod who threw the first attack in the first war of the Gods. When heaven was split, Anti was sent to Earth and imprisoned as punishment for his violent behavior. Observing the humans he began to learn their ways, hoping to find a way to escape his prison. Many years ago the great fleet of Kroy made their way to Shishio and attempted to conquer the Island. Anti made a deal with the Tribe Elder that he would protect them if they were to make a sacrifice to him each year. The Deal was made and in exchange for the Elder's daughter, Anti decimated the Kroyon invaders and no ship has entered the dangerous seas around Shishio since.

Shira Nui: The Official Religion of the Washu Kingdom. In the beginning there was only Chaos. But as the Universe matured two dragons were born. The Dragon called Nui was the God of creation and all that is Good. And the Dragon Shira, the God of destruction. Growing weary of the Chaos but knowing one could not exist without the other, Shira and Nui struck a deal that Creation would be allowed a limited time before being taken by Destruction. And so Life would always be balanced by Death, and for All Good there would  also be Evil.

Infinite Sands: A religion only found in the Southern Continent. Little is known about where the first being came from, most say it was always eternal. Like the cells of the body, the Universe began to split and devide into multiple lifeforms. First galaxies, then solar systems, then planets. Eventually life began to spring from the planet as well. But each time the Soul of the Universe split it grew weaker and the original being's lifespan was decreased. As the smaller beings died they would return to one singular being. Earth however was unusual. This world incorperated the life experiences of the lesser beings that same from it and developed a 'sol'. The 'sol' then realized that when its time was up it didn't have to return to the greater being it came from. It recycled the lives within it and created new beings. From then on Old lives would die and new lives would take their places, refreshing the lifeforce of the planet.

Nubian: A Polythiestic Religion of the Southern Continent. Long ago in Heaven the Gods grew bored and began to grow tired of their heavenly tasks. It was then they decided to create servants in their own image to help them care for the Universe. After creating the humans the Gods ruled over mankind as Kings and Emperors. This religion has many similarities to Ancient Egypt with great structures built to honor their God Kings. It was also advanced for its time.

Other / Unorganized Religion: There are many other religions spread throughout the world and it's impossible to name all of them or all the branches split from the major religions. Many of these religions come from small isolated Islands or states that once belonged to Ancient Republics that have long since been destroyed.

Major Nations of the known world- (Descriptions Coming Soon)

Kephler: Occupying a large area similar to the Roman Empire. Kephler is one of the wealthiest and most powerful Empires in the world. It first became a major power 200 years ago after the collapse of the Kephler Republic. Zues Kephler was able to stabalize the Nation as an Empire following the Civil War. Under the leadership of Achilles Kephler, the Empire now is experiencing major expansion of Territory and conservative reform. (Note: All Kephler Rulers are named after Greek and Roman Mythology as a nod to real world religions even though they dont exist on this fictional Earth.)

Ancient Kroy: A Massive ancient Republic that ruled most of the known world for over 1000 years. Even nations that weren't under Kroy rule were heavily influenced by the Republic. The Republic was claimed to be growing weaker in its final years before it fell to Kephler expansion of Achilles 20 years ago. During the last great War the Republic was disbanded, Kephler claiming much of the territory of Kroy, though some nations sided with Kephler Enemies and still oppose Kephler rule, retaining their laws and religion.

New Kroy: The former capital of Ancient Kroy, now reduced to a City from what was once a great Nation. It is one of the strongest enemies of the Kephler Empire, since it is owned as part of Kephler Territory most opposition is conducted by secret armies. Crime is rampant here and lawlessness is the result of government officials fears to send in military to control the rebellions.

Junon:  A Small Nation granted to the Junon people by Mars Kephler. It was taken back by the Kephler after Mars was removed from power. The Junons are allowed to appoint their own officials but must report under jurisdiction of the Kephler Empire. The Land is known for its beauty and a popular destination for tourism. Junon also hosts the largest school for teaching magic in the Kephler Empire.

Washu: Washu occupies much of the Southwest of the main continent. It is a large populous nation ravaged by Civil War. Most believe the infighting within the nation is the only reason Kephler has not attempted to claim Washu lands as Washu is not a serious threat to Kephler Sovreignty. Currently the Nation is claimed by 3 different emperors.

Shishio: An island far from the mainland between the East and West continents. It is protected by dangerous seas and no vessels have been known to enter or leave in centuries. The people of Shishio live peaceful lives isolated from the rest of the world, only required to make a sacrifice to their God anti each year to ensure protection.

Joruba: A large Island of the East Coast of the mainland. Joruba is the official leader though there as several smaller nearby islands also belonging to the Joruba people. It is said that Joruba was formed by people of the Southern Continent who were brought to the mainland as slaves but escaped and formed a tribal nation on the islands.

West Republic: A large culturally diverse nation that occupies most of the Western Continent. The people here are mostly athiests though freedom of all relgions is a basis of the way of life of most people. Though all cultures and beliefs are welcome, most keep to themselves and form cities and towns based on where the citizens come from. (Such as towns of only people from Washu, or only towns of Kroy people).

Infinite Sands: The Southern continent remains largely unexplored and thus the entire continent is considered one nation. Records state it is only occuped by sparse desert tribes.

Nubia: Only known from a few historic records. Nubia was a vast Kingdom on the Southern Continent known for its advanced techlology in ancient times. Do to little historic knowledge, the Nation is subject to much speculation and rumors about its existance.

TheHangedOne

I made a post, though my deity is still a work in progress. As I said, he's a Trickster, so he's quite hard to pin down.
Check out my poet tree!

OHWceta

That,s fine. A lot of character development will come from their interactions.

TheHangedOne

Edited my post in the character thread, expanding quite a bit. Pretty much finalized, unless their's anything that I should change.
Check out my poet tree!

OHWceta

Awsome, Hopefully some more people show up soon so we can start the RP.

Drake Valentine

Hmm, question.

Can a 'human' become a God? Since I had a villainous 'mortal' character who always tried to exceed his humanity into divinity.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

OHWceta

Ironwolf85

I think I'll submit a deity and keep an eye on things in case this develops
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

OHWceta

Ironwolf85

Aval is submitted and ready to be approved
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Xilian

Might be intrested here... haven't written anything for a while now, so this should be a fun way to get back into it.
If my intrest keeps growing I'll post a character soon :D

Vaulera

How would the roleplay unfold character interaction-wise?

OHWceta

@Xilian:  look forward to seeing what you come up with.

@Vaulera: It,s going to be more narrative style. I,m not that great with game style rps. Most characters will be following their own stories and paths which may merge and split at each of our own discretion.

@Ironwolf85: alll current characters have been approved.

I think we have enough to get things started at least. I,ll wait to post the official RP thread until tomorrow evening to see if we get any more people. This RP is pretty open so new characters can still be created after we begin and new people can still join in.

OHWceta

OHWceta

I noticed a lot of interest but nobody posting. Are we still ready to go on this RP?