France releases official response on American 2008 election process

Started by The Overlord, October 30, 2008, 11:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Well two things. Fuck this election, it has made America into a farce.
Second when America gets it's balls back we need to invade France...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Zakharra

It'd help if I could understand the language.. French is not something I have ever needed to learn.

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on October 31, 2008, 07:16:56 AM
Well two things. Fuck this election, it has made America into a farce.
Second when America gets it's balls back we need to invade France...

OK, to borrow from another thread here, that's exactly the red state mentality we need to kick the hell out of US borders.

I don't speak French, so I don't know how insulting the commentator was (if at all), but I do know political satire when I see it. This skit isn't very far off from the constant spoofing on the election seen on Saturday Night Live (there was a hiphop skit that actually involved Palin last week).

If America has made itself into a farce, then it has done so on many levels and through many means of its own. We might want to clean up our own house before we start sending rocks hurling through a neighbor's windows.

If you desire so much to invade France then you should do your very best to get McCain into office, then write 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue next year and suggest it. Based on the old man's neo-Cold War posturing, I'm sure he can fit it into his busy schedule.

Just be sure to send your own children into harm's way, but if it's any consolation, you're almost guaranteed to find WMD's in France...if you take my meaning.

Mathim

I think that any animosity towards France is based on jealousy (just like animosity towards most things). Their people are happier, healthier and less prone to violence and bigotry than most of the U.S., if you look at statistics like crime rates and such.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Zakharra

Overlord, remember it's not just the 'Red' mentality that has made the US a farce to some people, but both Red and Blue mentality that has done this.

Inkidu

Quote from: Zakharra on October 31, 2008, 02:31:57 PM
Overlord, remember it's not just the 'Red' mentality that has made the US a farce to some people, but both Red and Blue mentality that has done this.
That's what I'm saying. It's gotten absurd. We're not petitioning for the country anymore we're petitioning for parties. How stupid.

And besides, like a Frenchman has ever one a war for France.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Overlord

Quote from: Zakharra on October 31, 2008, 02:31:57 PM

Your point being? It's the red mentality that believes we should invade countries simply because we don't like them, or if they don't like us, that's what my response was on.

I have a 'blue' mentality and I'm sure at some point that I've done something the French might not have approved of, but I'm not suggesting we bomb them over it.

The Overlord

Quote from: Mathim on October 31, 2008, 02:10:21 PM
I think that any animosity towards France is based on jealousy (just like animosity towards most things). Their people are happier, healthier and less prone to violence and bigotry than most of the U.S., if you look at statistics like crime rates and such.

Well the French do enjoy a better cuisine overall which can attribute to better health, and they do have a looser workweek than we do (and I'll argue strongly this is one of our biggest health killers here).

As far as bigotry goes, America is full of ignorant people that nature wasted a few pounds of skin on, but based on some of the rioting in recent years and the articles I've seen, it almost appears France has a bigger problem with their Muslim population than we do.

Mathim

Quote from: Ghostiedu on October 31, 2008, 02:49:40 PM
That's what I'm saying. It's gotten absurd. We're not petitioning for the country anymore we're petitioning for parties. How stupid.

And besides, like a Frenchman has ever one a war for France.

Ever heard of Napoleon?

Besides, being a violent bully of a country is nothing to be proud of. Although there are plenty of assholes who are proud of being assholes.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Inkidu

Yes, snails drenched in garlic and butter, with raw chuck and egg. Healthy. Any nation nation that bathes so rarely can't be all that healthy. I guess the world got it in its mind that it could blame everything on America, and it made us mad.
Oh, and the world is full of ignorant people.
Napoleon was from Corsica. Italian. He brought in his own Italian chef because he hated French cooking.

Mathim

Still, he led them all over Europe for the longest time. Besides, it was the French doing all the fighting, not him.

Inkidu

Quote from: Mathim on October 31, 2008, 03:06:29 PM
Still, he led them all over Europe for the longest time. Besides, it was the French doing all the fighting, not him.
Leaders win or lose wars. So a Frenchman has never one a war for France.

Besides you think they'd be more grateful to America. I mean we bailed them out in both World Wars.

Mathim

So? They don't have to condone every horrible act we commit. At least their country seems to have a collective conscience, we've got way too many people with screwed-up priorities, thinking that it's worse having abortions than having men die in Iraq; a death is a death, they've got the same weight.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Ghostiedu on October 31, 2008, 03:09:13 PM
Leaders win or lose wars.

No, country leaders just start wars. They leave the dying, and the winning of them, to others.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 31, 2008, 03:14:32 PM
No, country leaders just start wars. They leave the dying, and the winning of them, to others.
In some cases. In others the leader wins the war. Charlemagne, Clovis, Washington, William Wallace. 

The Overlord

Quote from: Ghostiedu on October 31, 2008, 03:09:13 PM

Besides you think they'd be more grateful to America. I mean we bailed them out in both World Wars.

Which we likely could not have done had they not decided to jump into our Revolution against the British.

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 31, 2008, 03:21:02 PM
Which we likely could not have done had they not decided to jump into our Revolution against the British.
Okay so the first World War is covered, but what about the second?
Besides, we gave them beaver-skin hats.

The Overlord

Quote from: Ghostiedu on October 31, 2008, 03:04:09 PM
Yes, snails drenched in garlic and butter, with raw chuck and egg. Healthy.

Never actually ate French cuisine have we? It's a little more than that...and FYI butter can be overdone but garlic is damn good for you (not to mention killer good)  :P.

Any nation nation that bathes so rarely can't be all that healthy.

I'll keep my jury out until I actually visit France, but I'm sure this stereotype is no more founded than the notion that America is full of inbred crackers that put their old toilets in the yard for flower pots.

I guess the world got it in its mind that it could blame everything on America, and it made us mad.

I can tend to agree here. America has done a lot of stupid things, but when you're the big guy living up the street in a nice house on the hill, there's always someone that's going to complain simply because they don't like you. 9 times out of 10 they don't like you because of what you have, but then China's expanding wealth in the general population includes eating KFC and driving favorite American cars like black Buick sedans. Reinforcing my belief that if we swapped populations with any other nation on earth for a year, they'd end up doing EXACTLY the same as we do.

Oh, and the world is full of ignorant people.

Very true, but one of America's failings is that ignorance is one of our biggest exports today.

Napoleon was from Corsica. Italian. He brought in his own Italian chef because he hated French cooking.

Well, he didn't exactly go down in the history books on account of his (lack of) taste. I for one enjoyed examples of French cuisine I’ve had, including the spin-off cuisines like New Orleans.

The Overlord

Quote from: Ghostiedu on October 31, 2008, 03:24:01 PM
Okay so the first World War is covered, but what about the second?
Besides, we gave them beaver-skin hats.

And they gave us Lady Liberty in NYC harbor, and we all know we love her.  :)

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 31, 2008, 03:33:58 PM
And they gave us Lady Liberty in NYC harbor, and we all know we love her.  :)
Yeah but we had to chisel the armpit hair off. :P

Sherona

Ok just keep in mind Inkidu, that your spouting stereotypes that are very likely to be considered rude by those of the french persuasion...which probably borderlines civility rule here...since we likely have at least a few from France..

Inkidu

Fair enough, but stereotypes aren't formed because they're not true.

Sherona

*smiles* I won't argue with you about stereotyping and the truthfulness...but in times past baths were a luxury...not a necessaty, and not just for the french either. Might keep that in mind, or someone might start stereotyping you by using what was perfectly socially acceptable 100 years ago.

Caeli

To go back on topic...

Er, very interesting video. I don't know enough French to tell what he's saying but... *shakes head*
It's not as if we didn't have it coming.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs