The Election Thread

Started by Stattick, September 26, 2012, 01:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

It looks like Obama's catching up rather fast on the popular vote as well.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Luna on November 06, 2012, 10:27:25 PM
well so did msnbc, and they are already celebrating in Chicago

besides, if fox and msnbc come to the same conclusion on something...
Either nobody's denying a fact, people are jumping the gun to the same conclusion, or somebody slipped pcp into my cola...

also I think Fox is not willing to get burned if they scream Romney's victory from the rooftops and ohio doesn't flip in the next half hour, let alone if florda falls on obama's side of the line.
Also my state went blue, as did most of the eastern seaboard where sandy hit, Mc. Cain was a native son culturally, romney was a govoner here, but nobody liked his job.

If ohio comes down to a recount, which it still can, and the rest of the election was real close, there will be rage and riots, but I don't think that will happen.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Torch

Nebraska (and Maine) uses the Congressional District Method, instead of the "Winner take all" method used in every other state. Although they have never split their vote, it is possible.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Oniya

Yes.  Nebraska is one of two states that has the option to split their electoral votes, and is the only state to have ever done so (split between McCain and Obama in the last election.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ironwolf85

I was actually torn between McCain and Obama last election, then Palin opened her mouth, admitidly Biden is still a dumbass at times, but he's not a double high authoritan, people are willing to tell him to shhhh, and moreover he's willing to talk his ideas over, and bite his tounge.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

LunarSage

CNN just called Nevada for Obama...

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

TheGlyphstone

At least Romney can say he beat McCain.

Oniya

Politico still has Nevada as 'Incomplete', but they've declared Wisconsin for Obama.  Even if Florida and Virginia both flip back to Romney, it's not enough.

Correction.  Politico just declared Nevada.  Now, even if Ohio was flipped back (the popular vote is still fluxing) it's still over 270.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Serephino

I don't think my nerves can take much more of this. 

gaggedLouise

*leans back and waits for filibuster speeches as Congress has to take on the spending/debt issues in the run-up to Christmas*

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Vekseid

Donald Trump is calling for revolution on Twitter.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Skynet on November 06, 2012, 11:04:23 PM
It's official!  Obama won!

Karl Rove's having a mental breakdown on Fox News, refusing to accept this information.

till the traitor has a coronary on air I don't care.

And yes.. I think Karl Rove IS a traitor. He was a party (if not the instigator) to Treason.

ReijiTabibito

Well, I guess in the end, Ann Coulter was right about this election, assuming that Romney is a big enough boy to admit he's lost and not challenge the rulings of the voting process.

To inform those in the dark - back when the Repubs were trying to pull everyone in, Coulter went on record saying that if they couldn't convince Chris Christie (gov of NJ) to run, then Romney would gain the nomination and lose.

Now, I'm not a Democrat, but thank GOD that they won.  Maybe the Repubs will stop all this SuperPAC/Corporations are people/Money is Free Speech (NO IT'S NOT YOU DICKHEADS!)/Corporate Favortism bullshit.

And really they shouldn't have expected to win.  You've got Romney's 47% comment, you've got Mike Turzai on record openly admitting to try and swing PA to the ex-Gov.  I talked to one of my more political friends the other day, and made the comment that if this had been back in 2000, coming off Clinton, if Romney had made as many mistakes as he had during this campaign, he would've been laughed out of the race.

The fact that this was a close race...shouldn't have been.  Part of me is convinced that half the people voting against Obama didn't do so because of his 'failed policies' (BTW, Repubs, even FDR took more than a term to bring the country out of the Depression), but because 'there's no way in hell I'm voting for that damn n*****.'

No offense meant to anyone present.  I don't believe in that sort of thing.

Marikir

And now Fox is talking about if this election means that all elections from now on are going to be negative because Mitt's positive and upbeat campaign didn't work...

The mental disconnect is...STUNNING.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Vekseid on November 06, 2012, 11:07:21 PM

*Lou tries to morph a face out of images of Donald Trump and Che Guevara, but fails*

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Vekseid on November 06, 2012, 11:07:21 PM

Anyone want to remind him about W. losing the popular vote in 2000 by a larger margin?

I break into giggles whenever I see a picture of Donald Trump. I don't know why, I can't help it.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Marikir on November 06, 2012, 11:13:49 PM
And now Fox is talking about if this election means that all elections from now on are going to be negative because Mitt's positive and upbeat campaign didn't work...

The mental disconnect is...STUNNING.

Positive and...  >_<

Boy, that makes about as much sense as Sarah Palin saying she didn't know of any Repubs who used divisive and hateful speech.

Vekseid

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on November 06, 2012, 11:17:28 PM
Positive and...  >_<

Boy, that makes about as much sense as Sarah Palin saying she didn't know of any Repubs who used divisive and hateful speech.

This is a joke yes?

I'm way to f-ing sober to hear that.. I think I'll leave the Avengers playing on my TV and watch the aftermath tomorrow morning.

Skynet

Romney's still refusing to concede.  Bet he wants a recount.

And Glenn Beck said that the nation must be destroyed if Obama gets re-elected.

I'm kind of scared now.  The Republicans and Tea Partiers were really crazy these past years.  I'm worried that some nut or group of nuts are going to do something stupid and desperate.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Skynet on November 06, 2012, 11:23:54 PM
Romney's still refusing to concede.  Bet he wants a recount.

Of course he does, because he can't accept the fact that, you know, he might have actually lost against the "secret Muslim from Kenya".

Quote from: Skynet on November 06, 2012, 11:23:54 PM
And Glenn Beck said that the nation must be destroyed if Obama gets re-elected.

I'm kind of scared now.  The Republicans and Tea Partiers were really crazy these past years.  I'm worried that some nut or group of nuts are going to do something stupid and desperate.

I'm not.  Guys like Beck and the Republicans - while highly placed - are still just cogs in the machine.  If they end up trying that mentioned something stupid, the voters will see them for what they are and they'll lose the next election.

No, if they really want to have a chance again in 2016 to win, it'll be business as usual.

And no, Callie, that was not a joke.  Daily Show covered a clip of her, on-camera, saying it.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on November 06, 2012, 11:27:57 PM

And no, Callie, that was not a joke.  Daily Show covered a clip of her, on-camera, saying it.

And she didn't burst into flames on the spot?

Marikir

Hmmm...now the popular vote count seems to be swinging toward Obama.

I almost wanted it to be Electoral for Obama and Popular for Mitt....just to see if Republicans went Anti-Electoral like Dems did before.

Would have been amusing.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 06, 2012, 11:33:55 PM
And she didn't burst into flames on the spot?

Nope.  Appears she's actually not a demon from the Tenth Circle of Hell, she's just human like the rest of her idiotic brethren.