Interest Check: Aberrant (the white wolf superhumans game) in Ancient Earth

Started by Kolbrandr, July 24, 2015, 08:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

Okay, so we have..

Avorae and Meliai leaning to Thera, Muse undecided, Pretty in Pink leaning Heraclidae, and ESG not yet heard from. I really wanted to wait for them to note a leaning since that could kind of tie everything up and need some talking out over, but I also don't want to have this sit in limbo.

So, for the moment, hash out Theran concepts and if it turns out ESG was also leaning Heraclidae, I doubt we'll be so far into creation that we can't rethink as needs be.

As for creation rules, the extra things you get are...

1) 2 free dots of Quantum. This is because everyone I know otherwise always spends their bonus points on two dots of quantum so as to avoid spending nova points on them, so, honestly, just have two free dots of quantum. Also you cannot spend bonus points on quantum (you can spend nova points if you want that fifth quantum dot at starting).

2) 75 nova points total to spend. I know this seems like a lot, and in a certain way, it is (especially with two free dots of quantum), but the points don't actually go as far as you think they might, especially if you dip into various powers and mega attributes and enhancements. I mean, you can come out quite powerful, but more, say, non omega mutant X-man, than, say, Justice League, if that makes sense.

3) you can get background masteries. Basically, to avoid making people have to read more books, you have a level 5 background, you spend 2 nova points on it, it is now level 6 and extra special grand. You can do this with followers, allies, resources and contacts. If you want some kind of army or cult or horde or something under your personal control, you'll want to do so with followers (you could otherwise just be a rhadamanthine with a lot of backing and thus be able to command legions, but they're not personally yours, them legions).

House rules:

1) No aggravated damage or armor piercing. All white wolf systems are, let's be real, moderately broken at best, if all the same with a certain amount of character and ability to work and get out of your way. These two extras are mega whoa broken. You may encounter aggravated damage in play. It will be extremely, extremely rare, and a sign of something scary.

2) that's it really. You can use the flaws and strengths system from the player's guide if you want to customize powers, but that doesn't mean I'll automatically say yes if you make some convoluted nightmare that way.

Kolbrandr

With all that said, concept first, hash out your concept more fully first. If you just throw some pile of stats at me with a few sentences I'll end up walking down a stretch of road to the Incredible Hulk tv show end theme music.

Muse

Do we have a consensus on what seciton this game should go in?

I intend to choose my priest/ess's gender acordingly.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kolbrandr

As I've noted when asked, I'm fine to roll with player consensus on that one, for rating/section, as it were.

Muse

____ is the son or daughter of a family of scribes.  His/her father worked recording government documents, his/her mother is a doctor. 

____ began attending temple-school at the age of five and began his/her advanced education at nine.  Despite being a day dreamer interested in warfare and adventure, s/he was a brilliant student and by the age of nineteen graduated as a qualified scribe and doctor. 

http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/scribe.html

As a scribe—a very valuable service—s/he was exempt from taxation and military service.  S/he did practice athleticism and train with the quarterstaff for self defense and fitness.  S/he did very well at both.  Upon becoming a nova, his/her physical prowess increased.  Though S/he did not excel in any one aspect, s/he became resistant enough to turn a knife from his/her bare flesh, strong enough to make mind blowing leaps, and even greater agility.  S/he gained similar boosts to his/her mental and social capacities—all increasing into the lower levels of superhuman ability without any becoming overhwemling.  S/he also gained mastery over ice and snow. 

Oh Isis, thou great enchantress, heal me, deliver me from all evil, bad, typhonic things, from demoniacal and deadly diseases and pollutions of all sorts that rush upon me, as thou didst deliver and release thy son Horus!
-The Ebers Papyrus, ca. 1500 BCE
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

avorae

WIP

BIOGRAPHICAL DATA
Nova Name: N/A
Eruption: excitement
Nature: Hedonistic
Allegiance: The Theran Compact
Current occupation: Athlete
Former occupation: None
Citizenship: The Theran Compact
Legal status: No criminal record
Place of birth: Zimbabwe
Martial status: Single
Known relatives: Mother: Nobuhle [Beautiful one]
Known allies:
Major enemies:
Current group membership: None
Former group membership: None

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165
Eyes: Emerald-Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin tone: Mocha
Build: Athletic
Measurement: 36C-28-36
Other distinguishing features: unusual birthmark of a metallic blue butterfly on right butt cheek.

HISTORY
Every great hero has to have a story. Some come from humble beginnings. Others more grand.

Mine starts with a battlefield....

Battlefields have always been part of my life. I was conceived on a battlefield when my mother was raped by one of the soldiers who destroyed our home. I was born on a battlefield as my mother attempted to escape from the place from which she sought sanctuary as the war ravaged consuming everything in its path.

I grew up on the run with my mother escaping one pointless battle after another. The whys and hows of what caused the war eventually blurred but two things became certain to my childish mind. One was that my mother had incredible strength and determination. The other was that I believed her when she said we can truly find peace if we made it north just past Egypt.

I was nearly six when we finally reached the sanctuary of the Theran compact.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Elven Sex Goddess

Work in Progress

Sorry for the delay.  So here is my relative outline and leaning toward which fraction.

Data

Theran Compact
The Venerated Seers

Concept
Dreamer

Nature
Hedonistic

Name
Kachina

Past, Present, Future

A native of the Island of Thera. 
A Theran who realizes the full folly of embracing the Heraclidae way. 
The tragedy of nations that have fallen,  the and loss of great achievements do to the arrogance that is a kin to a sickness.
The sickness of being crushed under the weight of megalomania.

The acceptance that even with power one is always flawed.

To accept such flaws and embrace them in celebration.

"To see the shifting sands of time. 
A ripple in a specific moment.
Is to grasp life and death."

Eternal
Prophetess of Thera

The Awakening

The awakening for Kachina was a simple affair upon the face of it.
A childhood friend,  her brother and his disappearance.
The  agony written on her friends parents faces.
The level of distraught that rolls off of them is heart breaking.   
He had been tending to the family herd. 
Only his cloak had been found.   
It had a tear and dry blood upon it. 
Which spelled ill omen.   
For the most of the scene Kachina had witness the mother clutching the cloak.   
When the woman had finally put it down.  She would pick it up.   
Almost immediately it is as if she is there with her friends brother.   
The brother had been attacked and killed by wolves a pack of them.   
She would see in the vision the spot he had fallen and where the wolves had dragged the body.   
It caused her to be ill.   An she staggers with nearly passing out.   

From that simple trigger of awakening.   
Her powers began to manifest themselves one after another.   
She could not only look into the past,  but she could grasp snippets of the future.   
More then that she could age a person advancing their age or even reducing it.   
She could even slow time around a individual.   
It was not the most impressive powers.   
She also could move herself from place to place by teleportation.
Finally she inherited a intuitive ability to sense danger to herself.   

Her path set now,  she attended the academy working to become a oracle of Thera. 
For long before the oracles of Delphi the oracles of Thera were just as famous if not more so.   
Such fame would bring her influence and she would become known as the Prophetess.

It as been ten years since Kachina became a oracle of Thera.
In her thirties now, her exact age unknown.   
As she appears to be in her early twenties.   

Character sheet

Birth Name: KachinaConcept:  DreamerAwakening:  See above
Nova Name:  Prophetess  Nature:  HedonisticType:
Player: Elven Sex GoddessAllegiance: The Venerated SeersSeries  Kolbrandrr

Attributes & Abilities
Physical                                Mental                                       Social

Strength **                   Perception ***                  Appearance ****
Mega-Strength                    Mega-perception **           Mega-appearance****
                                                   Awareness ***                Intimidation  ***
Mega enhancements

Infrared vision                Seductive Looks
                                                      Quantum Attunement            Awe Inspiring                                                                                           

Dexterity **                       Intelligence **                 Manipulation ***
Mega-dexterity                   Mega-intelligence             Mega-manipulation **
Athletics *                         Academics **                   Interrogation ***
                                            Linguistics**                          Subterfuge ****(Seductive/Gossip)
Mega-enhancements
                                                                               Persuader   

Stamina **                      Wits ***                         Charisma ***
Mega-stamina *               Mega-wits ***                 Mega-Charisma *
Endurance **                  Rapport ***                     Command **
Resistance **                                                                   Perform *
Mega Enhancements

Durability                        Natural Empath                          Seductive
                                               Enhanced Initiative

Backgrounds

Attunement *   Allies * Backing ****  Contacts * Influence ***
Quantum Powers

Intuition **(lv1) Perception+intuition, self/permanent
Pretercognition * (lv3) Perception+pretercognition,  self/instant
Teleport ** (lv2) Perception+teleport, self
Temporal Manipulation ** (lv3) Age Alteration Manipulation+temporal manipulation,
Dilate time wits+temporal Manipulation

Willpower ******
Quantum *****
Quantum Pool 32
Taint * (Aberrant eyes-iris like a sundial shifting color around blue to amethyst hue
by end of day.)

Kolbrandr

Alright, that's more leaning towards Thera then, so that's what we'll run with for the group. Good choice, you fascist conformos! (I kid)

What forum/rating would you guys prefer for this?

Muse

Meliai

NC Exotic is fine with me. A few things I like tiptoe over the edge into Extreme, but most of my weirder kinks top out in NC-E
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Pretty in Pink

Same here.  I'm only into a couple of things that would technically fall into Extreme, and this setting doesn't really work for those couple of things.  So yeah!  NC-Exotic is fine by me!  If I can come up with a working concept, that is.  *stares at blank notepad with little doodles*
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Elven Sex Goddess

avorae

Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Muse

Moon Child
Winter Moon
   Ahmes, or "Moon Child" is the daughter of a family of scribes.  Her father worked recording government documents, her mother was a doctor. 

Moon Child began attending temple-school at the age of five and began her advanced education at nine.  Despite being a day dreamer interested in warfare and adventure, Moon Child was a brilliant student.  In fact, there was only one at the temple school who could match her achievements.  Shaw was three years younger than she.  Despite his mischief, she soon thought of him as like unto one of her younger brothers, and they became fast friends.  They didn't know as children that they were both destined for apopheosis. 

On her nineteenth birthday, Moon Child graduated as a qualified scribe and doctor.  Shaw, despite his youth, was so brilliant that he completed his schooling int he same year. 

http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/scribe.html

As a scribe—a very valuable service—Ahmes was exempt from taxation and military service.  She did practice athleticism and train with the quarterstaff for self defense and fitness.  She did very well at both.  Upon becoming a Chosen, her physical prowess increased.  Though Moon Child did not excel in any one aspect, she became resistant enough to turn a knife from her bare flesh, strong enough to make mind blowing leaps, and even greater in agility.  She gained similar boosts to her mental and social capacities—all increasing into the lower levels of superhuman ability without any becoming overhwemling.  She also gained mastery over ice and snow and learned that Isis would sometimes answer her prayer for healing. 

Oh Isis, thou great enchantress, heal me, deliver me from all evil, bad, typhonic things, from demoniacal and deadly diseases and pollutions of all sorts that rush upon me, as thou didst deliver and release thy son Horus!
-The Ebers Papyrus, ca. 1500 BCE

Muse

Say, Kol? 

If I take my Healing power tainted, then take 3 levels in the healing power, does that net me one taint or three? 

i found it.  it's per level.  Sorrow.  :) 

ravinwulf

So this game is not going to be gender bias right? I really want to play a young chronomancer

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: ravinwulf on August 10, 2015, 06:40:44 PM
So this game is not going to be gender bias right? I really want to play a young chronomancer

Actually that is what my character is, as I have been pming Kolbrandr

Kolbrandr

QuoteSo this game is not going to be gender bias right? I really want to play a young chronomancer

You guys should feel free to have your characters have whatever gender identity you prefer them to have, there's no "gender bias", no. I'm not.. honestly even sure what you mean there.

On temporal manipulation: Bear in mind that one of the great things about Aberrant is two people can have the same power and still end up coming off entirely different in shtick, how they express their powers, what other powers and abilities they have, so forth. So, y'know, if you want it, and it fits concept, take it.

Kolbrandr

Oh, just general notes, include something on how your characters erupted if you would (though the term in this era is generally "awakening", as in, awakening to your divinity)

Muse

Winter Moon's numbers are crunched now.  :) 

I'm just checking to see if Ravin wants our characters to have a shared experience of becomign chosen. 

I'm imagining Winter witnessed an epic battle between teh Lioness and some worthy foe.  The buildup of quantum energies triggered her own eruption and she jumped in. 

Elven Sex Goddess

Have character sheet up,  not completed still a work in progress as fine tune it.   Put it in initial post for character.   

Kolbrandr

Just to clarify something after some recent PMs. No, especially when there are this many posts on picking an overall faction for the group to be part of, and when I've said a few times now that the idea is everyone is part of the same overall faction, a concept of some kind of independent free agent is not viable for this campaign.

Muse

Kolbrandr

Muse

Okay, for a second it sounded like you were wanting us to all join one of the three Theran groups.  Thank you for clarifying.