Scourge - Newb adventure.

Started by LHastings, December 14, 2009, 03:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHastings

(( I have been in many roleplays throughout my life, I consider myself a very common roleplayer, nothing special, my paragraphs or details are never that impressive.. I also have never lead a roleplay before.. This has been requested.. So here we go.. This roleplay is available to anyone who wants to join, in fact help would be appreciated, this will be based off a General World of Warcraft story for now. Anything is allowed, except for God modding? Not entirely world of warcraft, the races have changed a bit, and a few other such things.. So don't yell at me if the storyline seems off from any real ones o.O. for example, Silvermoon is a human city.. Any newcomers can change specific areas or storylines of World of Warcraft if they wish.

This story starts off in a post-cataclysm environment. The great city of Silvermoon, and surrounding area has been destroyed by the Scourge, an undead army who's mission is to eradicate all life on the planet. Lead by the Lich King Arthas. This invasion has ended in a victory for the scourge, however most of the invading party has been destroyed as well. Bodies still litter these areas, and some remaining Scourge can still be found wandering... For those making a profile, this may help if you would like to give an Origin.. Silvermoon will be in the top right.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/280/5/b/Rook__s_Azeroth__Annotated_by_pickwick.jpg

Character Profile,

Name: Lancaster Hastings
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral
Origin: Silvermoon city northern corner of the Eastern Kingdoms.
Family: Brother possibly killed by the Scourge, other family members died long ago..

Personality: Fairly cockey, use to getting his way. He can usually get what he wants through persuasion and when he can't he tries to move away from that situation. At first his appearance seems rather evil, but his charm normally calms his targets that he has chosen to steal from.

Appearance: Burghandy colored hair, Has four piercings on each ear, Handsome face, with purple tinted eyes. He is wearing a fairly nice black leather vest, and leggings, with random white designs. He stands at about 5.11, and weighs 160lb. He doesn't seem to have much muscle, he has  lead a life without the rough use of his hands, this of course is because he uses the magic of persuasion, and tricks for just about everything.

Special abilities: Novice Sorcerer, untrained. Power of persuasion through touch, power to cause pain by touch. Other then that he has unstable attack spells such as fireballs, or bolts of lightning.

Special Qualities: Rogue, grew up on the streets of Silvermoon with his brother learning to pickpocket, etc. Proficient with a dagger.

Equipment: Stolen leather vest, stolen leather leggings, Dagger. Cloth shoes.
First King, " So your giving up? " Seventh King, " The Kingdom is falling now, no one follows the old traditions, I have lost all influence.. " First King, " That reminds me of a quote, evil prevails when good men do nothing.. "

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

LHastings

Hastings stalked closer and closer to his target. This was it, this was what they had spent all night and day trying to get.. His brother, Mathias, was doing a great job, he was always a master at card tricks. The woman seemed clueless, she had no idea Hastings was moving closer to her sack full of gold. She was fascinated by Mathias's skill... Begging him to do the tricks over and over so that she could decipher his secrets. At last Hastings was within reach, he pulled out his dagger and began to cut the rope holding the sack in place.. Skillfully and unnoticed, something he had done hundreds of times before. The bag was about to fall when out of the corner of his eye he saw a glint from the Elite Guards armor flash  in the sunlight. They were in a big hurry running towards him.. Hastings tried to pull back but the rope finally snapped dropping the bag into his hands with a loud clangy thud.

The woman glanced down at her bag, now sitting in Hastings palm.. She spun around with her hands outstretch trying to grab the bag. Hastings jumped back and bolted. The woman screamed, " Stop him! Thief! " The guards ran right by the woman ignoring her yells, obviously much more interested in something else. While the woman was distracted, Mathias gathered up his cards, and ran off in the other direction. He would go in a wide circle just in case.. He didn't feel like anything going wrong today, especially if Hastings holds on to that bag he just stole. They would feast well tonight.

Hastings made sure no one was following him.. That was a little too close with the Elite Guards.. He made a mental note to check the surrounding blocks next time.. He ran into an alleyway then a crack between two buildings. He covered the entrance up with a couple of barrels. He sat down and emptied the sack of gold. " 20 gold.. " He muttered to himself.. " Not bad at all, but not worth that close call.. " Hastings looked up into the sky.. This sunny day was turning into a very misty day.. He had a bad feeling about this mist, it was very gray, with the scent of dirt, and a light layer of decay.. It moved in fast covering most of Silvermoon... Hastings jumped up when he heard the warning horn go off. Silvermoon was under attack..

Where was Mathias? He was taking longer then usual to show up.. Hopefully he didn't go check out what the warning was about.. Mathias always loved putting himself in risky situations. That must have been why those guards were in such a hurry, a disturbance somewhere.. " Oh well " he said to himself.. " I might as well rest up here, while I wait for Mathias. " He was extremely tired, he had been up the entire night, and day after gold, it had been a slow night.. He opened up the sewer lid and climbed down, he rested his body against the cold hard stone. The sound of the sewage rushing past was soothing. He wasn't too worried about the attack, nothing had ever gotten past the city walls, threats were always dealt with quickly. He closed his eyes and fell asleep...

While he slept he had a horrible nightmare, all he could hear were the sounds of screaming, roaring, and the clang of metal against metal. " How long did I sleep, and where the hell is Mathias. " He asked himself. He pushed the lid up emerging back into the crack. He was quite rested, he must have been sleeping for at least 12 hours, in fact the misty afternoon had ended, and it was a misty morning already.  He moved the barrels and moved into the alleyway.. He stopped as his foot stepped in something wet. He looked down to see a severed head, with blood pouring out the bottom...

(( Alright, that's how I'll start it for now.. Head in to bed, feel free to join in ^.^ ))
First King, " So your giving up? " Seventh King, " The Kingdom is falling now, no one follows the old traditions, I have lost all influence.. " First King, " That reminds me of a quote, evil prevails when good men do nothing.. "

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

Character Profile,

Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral
Origin: Silvermoon city northern corner of the Eastern Kingdoms.
Family: None

Personality: Quiet, very observant and has a cutting tongue. She is used to being alone and fending for herself.

Appearance: Long silvery blonde hair, usually pulled back into a ponytail with side bangs that often hide one of her emerald green eyes. She is slim, but muscled lightly, with a six pack and light arm muscles. She typically wears a leather vest and leather shorts, having worked at a leather shop long ago. On her feet she wears calf high, high heeled boots loving the way they felt on her feet.

Special abilities: Novice Sorcerer, untrained. Power of calming by touch as well as power of anger by touch.

Special Qualities: Very good at blending in with the shadows, which is how she got her name and has escaped trouble many times before.

Equipment: Two ivory plated pistols and several daggers, along with her clothes and shoes.

As Shadow walked around the marketplace, she smiled at people and gently touched them, calming them as she stole blatantly in front of them. She would wave politely and wander off before the calm wore off, often hearing the shouts of rage before she finally disappeared around the corner. It wasn't her fault she had gotten fired from her last job, her boss has been a jerk.

She sighed and then accidentally was shoved into another patron. She growled softly, before turning to face the person who had pushed her. Seeing no one she turned and kept walking, only to get shoved again. Spinning once more, only to see no one got her upset. This time, she calmly touched the person next to her, igniting their anger before she disappeared.

Within moments a huge fight had broken out. She grinned and calmly left, only to panic when another patron started rushing her. She turned tail and ran as quickly as she could, knowing she wouldn't last against the giant angry man who was swinging a cleaver at her. Spotting an alley, she swerved, ducked and dodged the man until she was alone before slipping into the alley.

As she ducked into the alley, she suddenly heard even more yelling. She quickly looked out only to see the Elite guard and hundreds of others running. Another raid, what a shame. Now she was stuck here. Sinking down to the ground, she curled up and tried to wait out the raid. That turned out to be a mistake when she heard footsteps. However, as the footsteps stopped, she allowed herself to relax and closed her eyes. It would be just a little nap.

Hours later when she finally awake, Shadow slowly peered around the dim alley where she had hidden as soon as the fighting had broken out. Her green eyes glowed faintly as they caught the dim light. She gasped as she saw a man standing there and tried to duck back into her hiding spot, her heart hammering.

Why had she been so stupid and not made sure all was quiet. Even an idiot would have been able to hear the rummaging of the man as he had entered deeper into the alley. she groaned almost silently and looked around. She was stuck and the only way out was to confront the man in the alley. Seeing how her earlier attempt at making a small fight had gotten out of hand, she wasn't really eager to try again on the man in her alley.

Perhaps he hadn't heard and would just leave?

LHastings

(( Should I forget the part about sleeping and the raid on Silvermoon, and meet up with you first then? ))

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

Quote from: LHastings on December 15, 2009, 11:13:32 AM
(( Should I forget the part about sleeping and the raid on Silvermoon, and meet up with you first then? ))

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

Been fixed...I hope.

LHastings

Hastings stared at the severed head, unable to look away. He was frozen in fear. He stepped back slowly, then tripped backwards right into Shadows hiding place.. He grunted then quickly sat up, he turned his head to see shadow only foot away from him.  He screamed jumped up and spun, whipping his dagger out, pointing it straight at Shadow. His eyes filled with fear..

( Also note, Silvermoon was for the most part taken by the Scourge, most of the  buildings however are still fine, dead bodies litter the entire city at this point. )

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

Shadow screamed as well and had pulled out a pistol at the sight of the man finding her. Her other hand was stretched out in front of her, ready to make all calm if she got close enough. She tensed up completely, ready to bolt if the option was there.

LHastings

Hastings looked from her to the gun.. He was a bit more frightened then before at the sight of the powerful weapon.  " Who are you, what happened, did you kill the man in the alley!? Help! " He yelled in a panicky voice, hoping that perhaps Mathias or someone else would come to his aid.

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

Shadow blinked. "What man are you talking about? I came here because there was a fight at the marketplace and then the guards came, so I hid. Then you were here...so why are you here? Who are you?"

LHastings

Hastings backed out of the corner slowly, with his other hand extending a finger towards the severed head, then scanned the alley more himself.. Two dead bodies lay by the entrance, one was an elite guard, one was a young girl no older then 10. The guard had his arm wrapped around the girl as if protecting her from something. " What the hell happened.. " He said calmly.. " Am I still dreaming? "

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

Shadow slowly followed him out, moving step-for-step with him. She gasped upon seeing the dead bodies and heads and bit her lip. "Wow." she said softly. "No, I didn't do this but I would like to know who did. Or what did."

LHastings

Hastings walked out of the alley onto the city street, it was full of dead bodies, not only that but hideous stitched creatures, and corpses with parts missing.. " What the hell happened, wait.. Silvermoon the warni- Hastings stopped., " Mathias. " He said softly. He looked around frantically, forgetting about Shadow, he started moving down the street looking for his brother, hoping he wouldn't find a corpse.

( Btw, if you have anyone interested in this kind of roleplay, soon would be a good time to add them, one more would help for the basic storyline I put together for this. Also feel free to write some things yourself if you think of something, such as details etc. You and I both lead this ^.^)

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

Shadow blinked as the man started leaving and after holstering her gun she followed him, wondering who he was looking for.

LHastings

Hastings was extremely worried, he didn't know whether to yell for his brother or if that would not be a great idea, this city of death scared him. Every step he took he made sure not to step on someones body.. He looked back to see Shadow following him, he was happy she was, he didn't feel like wandering looking for Mathias by himself. " So whats your name..? " Hastings asked her...

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

She shivered at seeing all of the dead bodies. "Shadow." she said softly, trying not to touch anything dead as she walked. "What happened?"

LHastings

" No idea, I don't think the orcs could have done it.. By the looks of some of these stitched humanoids, it could have been the Scourge.. But I was told the Scourge was destroyed long ago.. But it seems to make sense.." Hastings kept searching for movement, or perhaps Mathias laying on the side of the road. " My brother Mathias.. He was late coming back yesterday.. I need to find him.. My name is Lancaster by the way, Lancaster Hastings. "

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

Shadow nodded but jumped when something dead brushed up against her. "This is so creepy. I feel my skin crawling."

LHastings

" Yeah, I have never seen this much death before.. Do you have any family we should be checking on? If I can't find Mathias then we need to leave here.. Do you have anything that could help for our trip out? "

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

Shadow shook her head. "No...am an orphan." se whispered before looking at him. "i know where to get things though." she said, already making mental notes on store warehouses.

LHastings

" Lead the way? " Hastings asked turning around to follow Shadow.

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

"What about your brother?" she asked before turning and leading him down a few streets to a row of store warehouses. She pointed to them and shrugged. "Just need your knife and we can have anything we want."

LHastings

" Not sure, but he can handle himself if hes still.. Alive.. But he wouldn't want me risking my life looking for him, and not sure I could ever find him in this city anyway.. I just have to hope he leaves. " Hastings handed her his dagger.

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

Shadow nodded sadly, and then went up to the first lock and within moments had it opened with his dagger. After throwing open the door she grinned at the sight of food. "If you find things that won't go bad, or we can easily take, I will go find a bag and sleep gear."

LHastings

" Bring back a bag for the food, while your looking for the gear. " Hastings dug through the crates of food looking for any dried food, seperating the non-perishable food from the ones that would go bad quickly. He grabbed an apple from a food crate and sat down leaning against the crate, staring out the doorway. He took a bite out of his apple. " Where should we go from here? " He asked himself.

(( Also if you want, not sure if you want to keep this one or not, however now that we are both official, we could move this to another area? ))

~ Lancaster Hastings ~

AngelofShadows

((Sure if you want))

Shadow tossed him a large bag as soon as she found one, glad it had some insulation to it before hunting for more living gear. After finding two camping bags, she filled them with sleeping bags, extra clothes, blankets and water bottles. She wasn't too sure on what else they would need, so she took everything back to Hastings.

"Here."