Star Wars AU, Role Reversal. Players needed.

Started by DemonessOfDeathValley, May 02, 2014, 10:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DemonessOfDeathValley

~General Idea~
I'm looking to role play out a sort of role reversal version of Star Wars (classic trilogy). Meaning that my character would be a female equivalent of Han Solo. Instead of rescuing a Princess, they'd be rescuing a Prince. The main characters would all be reversed in regards to gender. Female versions of the main male characters and male versions of the main female characters. Real life gender is irrelevant so long as you can portray the needed gender of the character.

~Character List~
Once I find out how much interest there is for this idea, I will provide a list of needed characters.

~Star Wars Movie Verse~
For this story, I'm setting it in the movie verse, that is what I have the most familiarity with. I would like to follow the storyline of the classic trilogy, but that would be more for inspiration and to establish a timeline. This is an AU so it doesn't have to go by the scenes to the letter. The general gist of the story will do and the rest can all be created.

~Posting Time~ - Posting time to be agreed upon during the preliminary discussion. I would like all players to be able to post as frequently as possible. Once a day, I realized is a bit much. I'm editing that. I prefer around once every 7 - 14 days, so that the story stays fresh in the mind.

~Post Length~
I tend to let need guide my post length. However, I ask for as much detail as possible and that each player try to match the others in regards to the amount of detail. In my mind the more detail the better.

~If Interested~
If interested, go ahead and post here along with the character that you might like to play.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Strangefate

I might be interested in either role (lady Skywalker or prince) depends a bit on how this is going to play out.  Would we be running through the films scene by scene or reinterpreting things?  Who runs the other characters?  Vader, Obi-Wan, droids, etc?  Is the gender reversal universal?  IE, a female Lando, Boba Fett, Empress, etc?

Also what would the post size be?  I can go semi-daily on something in the three or so para range, but for larger posts, I usually need a few days between them.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

DemonessOfDeathValley

We wouldn't be going scene by scene. I had figured on using the films as more for inspiration and universe setting. 

As for characters, I had originally thought that only the Lady Solo, Lady Skywalker and Prince would be playable. However, that could potentially get confusing with so many NPCs.

So, I would say if people are willing, then the other characters would be playable too.

Yes, it would be a role reversal across the board. Lady Vader, Empress, female Boba Fett, etc...

As to post time and length, I'm going to amend and say once a week or so. If possible. Because this seems like it would be very detailed. I'm not going to set a minimum length. But as much detail as possible.

(I edited my original post, left this one as is.)

Cthonig

This is just a note to point out that Darth Vader would need to still be male otherwise everything changes very radically. I had been thinking that it would be hard to hide the fact that a female Vader had twins from her. In addition to the fact that it was the Emperor who rescued Vader. Then I realized there's a deeper problem. Padme is pregnant when Vader gets toasted and cyborged. If Vader is female, gets toasted and cyborged that means the twins die meaning no Luke or Leia. So Vader must be male or you need to rewrite everything starting much earlier.

I also realized Han is the only one whose gender would need to change since the twins could have simply gone to the opposite adoptive parents: Luke with Senator Organa ("I always wanted a son." instead of saying his wife wanted a daughter) and Leia with Obi-wan to be raised on Tatooine.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Update - Darth Vader would still be male.

Luke and Leia could merely be switched in terms of adoptive parents. If someone would like or prefer to play a canon character in regards to Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, that is fine. However, I would prefer OC versions. But character choice, whether canon or OC is up to the player of said character.

AndyZ

What if Lady Vader managed to keep the twins alive the same way she kept herself alive, through the use of the Dark Side, and just thought the children died?  That'd be a traumatic experience which would give her good reason to give herself over entirely to the Dark Side yet still building an Empire with Empress Palpatine?

I think this sounds pretty awesome to play, actually...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Strangefate

I'm also still interested in playing this if it comes together, although I admit I personally like the idea of reversing the genders on all the characters, and then just somehow making that work story wise.  (I do get Cthonig's point though, that it'd be hard to reconcile the Prequels to it, but would we even be treating the prequels as canon for this?)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

zenpai

I would like to play  a rouge like starkiller (Vader's apprentice). I have a story in mind. hes the child of a city whore and a jedi who was killed. he was raised by a cruel sith that he later kills and goes rouge.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: AndyZ on May 08, 2014, 01:03:23 AM
What if Lady Vader managed to keep the twins alive the same way she kept herself alive, through the use of the Dark Side, and just thought the children died?  That'd be a traumatic experience which would give her good reason to give herself over entirely to the Dark Side yet still building an Empire with Empress Palpatine?

I love that idea. I think that it could make for a very interesting story.

Quote from: Strangefate on May 08, 2014, 01:24:44 AM
I'm also still interested in playing this if it comes together, although I admit I personally like the idea of reversing the genders on all the characters, and then just somehow making that work story wise.  (I do get Cthonig's point though, that it'd be hard to reconcile the Prequels to it, but would we even be treating the prequels as canon for this?)

Actually, I'd like to do an entire role reversal. That was my original vision. I think I'll stick to that.

I don't think that I'll be counting the prequels as canon on this.

Quote from: zenpai on May 08, 2014, 01:40:40 AM
I would like to play  a rouge like starkiller (Vader's apprentice). I have a story in mind. hes the child of a city whore and a jedi who was killed. he was raised by a cruel sith that he later kills and goes rouge.

Sounds good to me. So long as the characters fits I'm good with it.

AndyZ

I hate to poke holes in other peoples' ideas, but if we go for an entire Rule 63, the Rule of Two would still likely be in effect and the only Sith would be the Empress and Lady Vader.  (I'm toying with the name Darth Kry, dunno if I like it yet.)

If we drop the Empress, though, the cruel Sith which raised Zenpai's char could have been Lady Vader's apprentice.  I can easily imagine her chasing him trying to get this new Sith under her heel for the glory of the Empire.  Preferably subverted but destroyed if absolutely necessary.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

DemonessOfDeathValley

AndyZ

Then I leave it to you whether you'd rather have the Empress or Zenpai's character.

DemonessOfDeathValley

I'm going with the Empress because that is the character I'm the most familiar with.

Biles

I imagine names would have to be changed a little just to fit with the gender swap. Like Prince Leon and his sister Lucia Skywalker. Then you have Hana Solo and Landa Calrissian. And how about Darth Vadress? As for Palpatine, unfortunately, I could not find any information what his first name was...
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

DemonessOfDeathValley

Yes, names would have to be changed. I will leave it to the person creating character whether or not they want to do a parody type of name. I was toying with the idea of naming my character Hannah Solo. But....I will leave the decision of whether or not to do parody type names to the final group that is assembled.

Savant of the Wastes

This sounds tremendously interesting, actually. I'd be up for giving it a shot. Plus, it gives me an excuse to watch the original trilogy again, which is always fun.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Here is the list of characters that will be need to be filled. Male characters will be blue and Female characters will be in purple. The names of the characters in the story will be left up to the people who play them.

Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia
Han Solo - Hannah Solo {Filled by DemonessOfDeathValley}
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine
Obi - Wan Kenobi
C - 3PO & R2 - D2 ~ (Please let me know if you would like to portray only 1 one of these and NPC the other)
Lando Calrissian
Boba Fett
Jabba the Hutt

Serelyth Shadowsun - OC ~ Self - Proclaimed Sith Lord {Filled by Frozen Star}

Those are the characters that I could think of, that would add to the story. I was thinking of using parody names for all of them (such as me using Hannah Solo) but if the entire group is not wanting to do that, that decision may change. All names and character backgrounds must fit within the original trilogy universe. Other OC's are welcome to be added, so long as they fit and do not seem superfluous.

AndyZ

I would like to request Darth Vader.  I'm thinking the name Darth Quisitrix.

DemonessOfDeathValley

AndyZ, you may have Darth Vader if you want that character. And the name is approved.

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

DemonessOfDeathValley

Depending upon which character you wanted to play there could be. From your earlier post, it seemed to me you wanted to be an apprentice. My apologies if I misunderstood.

Green Goo Theory

Seems different and interesting.  Not sure who to play.  So many important roles that need filled before side characters get touched.  Are people picking up more than one character?
Coming soon...

DemonessOfDeathValley

So far, no one seems to be. But if a player feels comfortable enough to do so, I won't say no.

Alias

I'm very interested in playing the female Luke Skywalker, unless it's been called. I read through the whole thread, and no body seemed to deliberately call that role. It seems wild that almost every character in the original Star wars trilogy was male except for leia...

Cthonig blew my mind, and I laughed really hard. But I disagree with one thing he said, and that is that Luke and Leia couldn't just be switched, because their personalities would be different, Luke as female would be a total rogue bitch badass, and Leia as male would probably be a stuck up rich boy d-bag. :)

I would consider playing Oba Wan Kenoa as well, but it would be rather boring, for I would not have the old lady participate in any sex scenes.

AndyZ

I think it'd be amusing if Luke and Leia were still the names, but Luke was now the noble and Leia was raised on Tattooine.

Do you want character sheets for this?  Having some trouble finding a good female Vader, so may well just go with the standard Vader and say that no one can tell under the armor.